Staff member
Feedback
122 (100%)
Copied from OP of former Target Clearance threads*
Winter 2k6 thread
Summer 2K5
Spring 2005 thread
Original Target Clearance Thread

Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to http://upcdata.info/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

Games that do not sell after being discounted are often donated to local Goodwills for sale at their retail stores, so check there when the clearance items dissappear.

This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pretating to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.

As always-- YMMV

Example:

Philadelphia, PA Snyder Plaza
BigDirty's Wild Ride, XBox, $4.98

*Thanks to CheapyD and BigDirty for the info*

Saw a bunch of stuff on the Lawrence, KS Target clearance shelf today. The GTA double pack for XBox was there at somthing like $15 and some single games for PS2 and Gamecube (I remember Viewtiful Joe for GC, for instance) at $13.98.

SI

Novato, California

they had $14.98 copies of Drill Dozer as reported, they weren't in the usual game clearance section. all copies (maybe 5-7 of them) were all behind the glass casing in the GBA section. it was marked with a small clearance sign.

other than that, this store didn't have much in terms of video game/accessories clearance. only saw 1 copy of Sonic Heroes (GC) for $13.98 and 1 copy of Resident Evil (GC) for $13.98.

[quote name='robbyH']Got a lexmark x2350 printer/scaner/copier for 25 in the St. Mathews, Louisville store.

It's okay, but it seems it's a ink hog. Anyone have this printer and know if the ink cart that came with it is a starter or regualr?[/QUOTE]

From my experience, that is Lexmark's MO. They sell printers on the cheap, to recoup the money on really expensive ink carts.

From my experience, that is Lexmark's MO. They sell printers on the cheap, to recoup the money on really expensive ink carts.

I'm pretty sure it's everyone's MO. Just about everyone (Samsung, HP, Lexmark I know for sure) provide "starter" carts in inkjet AND laserprinters.

[quote name='espy605']I'm pretty sure it's everyone's MO. Just about everyone (Samsung, HP, Lexmark I know for sure) provide "starter" carts in inkjet AND laserprinters.[/QUOTE]
but Lexmark is the worst.

Went down to pick up Taiko drum master ($10...none on the shelf, but 3 in the back) and decided to pick up Tekken 5 as well since it went down to $20. Surprised when it rang up at $10.

TimeSplitters 3 for PS2 should be 13.98 at most Targets now. Not sure about the Xbox or GC versions, the store I was at didn't have either.

Went ro my Target yesterday they had a lot of $13.98 games mentioned (Madden 05, V-Joe, Riddick, KOTOR, Sonic Heroes, Resident Evil, etc.) , but they also had Suikoden IV for $13.98 and Sega Classics Collection for $6.98.

Greenfield (WI) Target has TimeSplitters: Future Perfect for 13.98 as previously reported. Drill Dozer is priced at 20.98.:whistle2:x No Taiko Drum Master.

The Milwaukee Chase Target is even worse: no video game clearance.

[quote name='nezumi']Greenfield (WI) Target has TimeSplitters: Future Perfect for 13.98 as previously reported. Drill Dozer is priced at 20.98.:whistle2:x No Taiko Drum Master.

The Milwaukee Chase Target is even worse: no video game clearance.[/QUOTE]

- TimeSplitters: Future Perfect is currently at all GameRush locations for $5.00 (all systems). I have seen at least one for each system in the wild.
- Drill Dozer is (was) $8.96 at Circuit City, but you'll probably have no luck finding that one now.

No luck for me on Taiko either. I went to three different Targets, and none of them had them in stock.

My Target (Oshkosh, WI) had FIFA Soccer PSP ($13.98), Drill Dozer GBA ($20), Pac Man World GBA ($9.98), and tons of Ty 2 ($13.98). There were a couple other games that I can't recall at this moment.

The Rosemead, CA Target had some clearance games that I hadn't seen stickered before. None of them are deals right now, but once they drop low enough they might be worth picking up:

Mega Man Battle Network 5 Team Colonel (GBA) $13.99
The Sims: Bustin' Out (GBA) $13.98
The Urbz: Sims In The City (GBA) $13.98
Batman Begins (GBA) $13.98
Call of Duty: Finest Hour (Xbox) $13.98
ATV Off Road Fury 2 (PS2) $13.98

And as somebody else posted, Geist (GC) was clearanced at $34.98! What the hell?

They'd need to drop to less than $4.98 before I'd even consider buying anything.

[quote name='bzchanboy']Crap loads of Drill Dozers 7.48 at my local Target fresno ca[/QUOTE]

My target has drill dozer at $15.00. I'm waiting for this coming up monday to get it at $7.50.

[quote name='espy605']I'm pretty sure it's everyone's MO. Just about everyone (Samsung, HP, Lexmark I know for sure) provide "starter" carts in inkjet AND laserprinters.[/QUOTE]

It's not that they provide starter carts...but they rip you off on the ink. Check out their prices. I understand that they have to charge for the printheads each and every time, but there is no reason for them to price gouge on the ink as much as they do.

Are all these prices tagged on the games or did you have to scan them? Was planning to check mine out soon but without a somewhat decent list of games its gonna be a nightmare.

Norcross GA Target had Infected for PSP for 5.04$. They still had a few copies left and it looks like the markdown should've happened long ago and they just left 'em in the case (like Geist being 24.98$ and not marked in one spot inside the case still - will watch that for a 12.48$ nab soon!!!).

My Target had about 50 copies of Call of Duty: Finest Hour (Xbox) for $4.99

Picked up GTA: Double Pack (Xbox)$7.48 and Incredible Hulk: UD (PS2) for $9.99

Niagara Falls, NY

about 5 copies of drill dozer gba left for 14.98 each, get them now before the store gets invaded for the weekend (i bought one because i wasnt able to get this at best buy or circuit city and 14.98 is still a very good price).

1 copy of ps2 timesplitters for like 9.98

the games are on an endcap in electronics

Finally found some clearance games at my Target but nothing I need:

Drill Dozer $14.96
Timesplitters: Future Perfect (GC)
Geist

And a few more that weren't worth remembering. This is the first time EVER I remember seeing clearance games at this Target or any Target in the city and I've been checking for years. Either they've never clearanced out video games before (which is what all the employees claim) or the things sell out really quickly. I'll check back next month to see if Drill Dozer got dropped further. I'd pick up a couple trade copies if it got down to $5 or something.

[quote name='robbyH']Got a lexmark x2350 printer/scaner/copier for 25 in the St. Mathews, Louisville store.

It's okay, but it seems it's a ink hog. Anyone have this printer and know if the ink cart that came with it is a starter or regualr?[/quote]

You should never have to pay for a Lexmark printer...I've had about 10 of them over the years and they were all free. I just throw them in the trash when the ink runs out since they have ridiculous ink cartridge prices.

They're almost always free after rebate during sales at Best Buy, Office Max, Staples, etc.

The other option is to buy cheap refurbished ink carts on Ebay, but those tend to ruin the printer in my experience. At least I blame the printers breaking on the cheap ink carts...it could just be the fault of the cheap printers.

i got the lexmark for 14.98...for that price its worth it, i hate waiting for rebates that sometimes dont even show up and the printer also comes with some decent (i guess) programs

Geist down to 24.98 at the Lawrence, KS Target. How long until it drops some more? I've never quite gotten the pattern of Target clearance stuff.

SI

College Point Target had Drill Dozer for the $14.98 price.......they had three copies behind the glass......dont know if I should grab it. None of the circuit citys I checked had any left...

When is the next expected drop on the Drill Dozer? It was $20.98 few weeks ago. Yesterday it was $14.98. Probably $9.98 next drop???

Don't know the exact time, but earlier in the mornings is when they do it.
Every day of the week is for different departments, electronic drop on mondays. So if you really have your eye on something I would give it a short monday morning sometime.

Markdowns seem to be scattered among stores up to 4 weeks apart. I don't know what determines the store markdown schedule maybe volume. I have found overtime the order of the stores in my area and super targets always seem to be the last to markdown items. There are alot of fat wallet people who keep up with target markdowns on a regular basis.

just a heads up to people looking for clearance games and the such, Targets have started doing inventory, so stuff not in locations in the back, that are now in location, will be flagged by the system to be pulled for clearance. So keep an eye out for games coming out.

I picked up Timesplitters: Future Perfect for the Playstation 2 and would like to trade for the GameCube version. Just PM me if you are interested. Thanks!

[quote name='WeaponX2099']X-Box 360 1600 Marketplace points -14.00
X-Box 360 12+1 card - $32
PSP Battery -26.98

Matteson,IL[/QUOTE]
Marketplace points on clearance? Oh boy...

[quote name='DeathMoJo']just a heads up to people looking for clearance games and the such, Targets have started doing inventory, so stuff not in locations in the back, that are now in location, will be flagged by the system to be pulled for clearance. So keep an eye out for games coming out.[/QUOTE]

Roger that. I went into a Target yesterday, and the Dept guy told me that they had him pull a bunch of games into the back for clearance. This is sort of an oddity...typically they just go around and if they are on clearance, they mark them on the spot and put them right back out on an endcap. Could me a mother of all clearances coming up.

So, the "Monday" rule might not hold up...they might be pulling stuff back...going through, marking things and then will roll them back out this week at some random time. I can remember I hit the local Target here about a year ago and all kinds of weird stuff came out of the back...GB advance packs with the e-readers showed up for $20...and they put them out Saturday. Then I hit another target and they had drug out a GB SP retro nintendo version that was down to $17. So, when inventory happens, all sorts of strange stuff shows up.

And currently, there seems to be a real mixed bag at targets for what clearance games are currently out...different games at different stores...so if you have some around you, might be worth while to troll around a little...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back