Staff member
Feedback
122 (100%)
Copied from OP of former Target Clearance threads*
Winter 2k6 thread
Summer 2K5
Spring 2005 thread
Original Target Clearance Thread

Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to http://upcdata.info/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

Games that do not sell after being discounted are often donated to local Goodwills for sale at their retail stores, so check there when the clearance items dissappear.

This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pretating to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.

As always-- YMMV

Example:

Philadelphia, PA Snyder Plaza
BigDirty's Wild Ride, XBox, $4.98

*Thanks to CheapyD and BigDirty for the info*

My target sucks majorly, I was watching those 256mb usbsticks and the week before they were $17.88, I figured I'd check them next week so that they'd drop in price, hopefully go down to the $4.88 that some of you had seen. I think it was tuesday of the week after that I went in kinda early and I saw that they had completely decimated the clearance section. So I checked the local goodwill 3 days later, and lo and behold, there the sticks were, for $7.99 each.

Found XBox Platinum Hits - Need for Speed Underground for $4.98 last week. Just checked today and it's still $4.98. (Now that I think of it, isn't the rule that if the clearance price ends in an 8 then that's as low as she will go right?)

Delphi/Skyfi SA10001 SKYFi(tm) Portable Audio System

Normally $100, showing up @ buy.com for $71.. bought for $20.

This is the 'boombox' you plug your xm radio into to listen to it outside of your car.

A few posts ago you were all talking about expiration dates...does this apply to ink cartridges? I found some Epson 440 color ink cartridges that expired about a couple of months or years maybe, will the ink dry up or something? Thanks ahead.

[quote name='mehunglo']600 piece ceramic poker set (clear box) regular 49.99, clearanced 24.98.[/quote]

What?! That's $10 cheaper than at the Target I checked in Chicago...

[quote name='shieryda']What?! That's $10 cheaper than at the Target I checked in Chicago...[/QUOTE]
Clearance drops aren't nationally set prices.

I found a Meteos still on the shelf. It had gone salavage, and they last price they were able to pull up was $7.48, so it never went lower than that.

[quote name='Damian']Clearance drops aren't nationally set prices.[/QUOTE]

That what I thought too until I saw this Poker chip set for 3 different prices, at 3 different Targets, and yes I checked them at the price scanner just to be sure. Go figure.

That Mercury clearance is from a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time ago, I mean, at least in the last year or so. You're lucky to have found one.

It would ring up as $0.00 and out of the system. You would need to get someone with an LRT (hand held scanner) to look up the last selling price. But like Roufuss said, it's from a very old clearance so I really don't think it can be found very easily (if at all, I'd be shocked it more than 2 or 3 Targets in the entire country had any left)

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']A few posts ago you were all talking about expiration dates...does this apply to ink cartridges? I found some Epson 440 color ink cartridges that expired about a couple of months or years maybe, will the ink dry up or something? Thanks ahead.[/quote] I'm using a genuine HP cartridge expired a year ago on my HP printer with no problem. Not sure about Epson, but HP guarantees their cartridges for a minimum of 6 months after the 'install before' date (expiration date), and they still work way after expiration.

Worst scenario. If your expired cartridge doesn't work, Staples will give you a $3 coupon for 'recycling' it :)

Last night I saw Project Snowblind for PS2 $6.98, and GH Twisted Metal Black with online disk for $10. Not that the GH TMB is a deal or anything, it just surprised me that they still had it, and I never knew they released the online disc outside of the adaptor.

[quote name='Damian']I found a Meteos still on the shelf. It had gone salavage, and they last price they were able to pull up was $7.48, so it never went lower than that.[/QUOTE]

nice. I thought they'd be long gone by now.

Those component cables have been removed from the system. The UPC thing didn't ring up and the little tag on the shelf didn't ring up. The lady goes "we must've caught the mistake."

PC Games on Clearance (Warren, MI - Van Dyke)
-Band of Brothers : Earned in Blood $7.48
-Dawn of War : Winter Assault $4.98
-King Kong : $4.98
-Myst V : $4.98

Question for those who know, what is Target's Raincheck policy? Are substitutions still allowed? I know some rainchecks used to say the rule about substitutions but the current ones I have only list 2 other nearby stores to check for the product. The guy I spoke to said he knew about that but was not sure if they still did that in the store. So... can anyone help me out with info? Thank you in advance.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']It would ring up as $0.00 and out of the system. You would need to get someone with an LRT (hand held scanner) to look up the last selling price. But like Roufuss said, it's from a very old clearance so I really don't think it can be found very easily (if at all, I'd be shocked it more than 2 or 3 Targets in the entire country had any left)[/QUOTE]

I thought I heard that Mercury recently got re-released. I know that the local Best Buy just got a bunch in.

Arg, I wanted the Swiss 512MB drive, but they didn't have any. They only had 256MB ones and they ran up as the $30+.

Don't suppose anyone here can pick me up a spare 512?

[quote name='MamoruNoHakkyou']Question for those who know, what is Target's Raincheck policy? Are substitutions still allowed? I know some rainchecks used to say the rule about substitutions but the current ones I have only list 2 other nearby stores to check for the product. The guy I spoke to said he knew about that but was not sure if they still did that in the store. So... can anyone help me out with info? Thank you in advance.[/QUOTE]

They killed this policy due to people abusing it.

When a sale item is out of stock, my Target just substitutes something similar and advertises that instead of doing a raincheck now. By similar, I mean something like this: When Target had all those South Park sets on sale, the ones they sold out of they were substituting another Comedy Central set at the same percentage right there. I remember getting Drawn Together for $12 instead of a raincheck.

[quote name='Josef']I thought I heard that Mercury recently got re-released. I know that the local Best Buy just got a bunch in.[/quote]hmmm...if thats true, i better check out my targets in my area. Would it still ring up cheap?

[quote name='daewezzy']hmmm...if thats true, i better check out my targets in my area. Would it still ring up cheap?[/QUOTE]

Probably not, Target has clearanced out games in the past and then re-stocked them from a re-release (like when a game goes Greatest Hits) at full price. I remember that happening with some PS2 games, where they were marked down to 75% off then a few months later they got in the GH versions which I think had the same UPC and were now full price.

This deal is definitely YMMV and may be old news to some but the Target in Minnetonka, MN has "The Suffering - Ties that Bind" red-tagged for $9.98. I checked other places including other Targets and the price is still $19.99 for this game.

[quote name='kkt']This deal is definitely YMMV and may be old news to some but the Target in Minnetonka, MN has "The Suffering - Ties that Bind" red-tagged for $9.98. I checked other places including other Targets and the price is still $19.99 for this game.[/QUOTE]

Sometimes a clearance drop hits one place first and spreads out to the others.

It took the rest of my Target's about 2 months to start clearancing Dragonshard after one Target did it.

Thanks for the info Roufuss. I figured they had stopped doing that. I understand their logic though. I was even going to attempt to abuse it too if it was still in existance. My raincheck for The O.C. Season 2 was for 59% off and that Sex and the City: The Complete Series or The Mel Brooks Collection were looking pretty sweet. I should have gotten South Park rainchecks too... Nice break there with Drawn Together for $12 though. It would be nice if my local Target offered that option of getting a similar item as a substitute.. Oh well, not a huge loss.

[quote name='kkt']This deal is definitely YMMV and may be old news to some but the Target in Minnetonka, MN has "The Suffering - Ties that Bind" red-tagged for $9.98. I checked other places including other Targets and the price is still $19.99 for this game.[/quote]

Target's clearance tagging is a wierd process. I know there have been several long winded write ups online and you still walk away not knowing the answers. I know locally electronics clearance take place on mondays however regular targets seem to clearance the items before super targets around here. On top of that certain stores seem to clearance weeks earlier possibly based on volume. When the PSP game clearance hit last year I found I sort of learned the pattern locally here in the atl surburbs. I would expect its worth learning the pattern in your area with the upcoming mass markdowns expected in the fall leading up to the Wii/ps3 markdowns...

My local Target (Sarasota, FL) had Dawn of War and it's expansion for $4.98, Driver 3 for $4.98, D&D Thundershard (I think that's what it's called...that was $12.98). Tons more PC games.

I saw Ghost Recon GH for PS2 for $5 as well, but VERY few console games.

They also had the reported Auto Assault and Guild Wars Factions pre-sales for $0.24.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Probably not, Target has clearanced out games in the past and then re-stocked them from a re-release (like when a game goes Greatest Hits) at full price. I remember that happening with some PS2 games, where they were marked down to 75% off then a few months later they got in the GH versions which I think had the same UPC and were now full price.[/QUOTE]

This happened with Pac-Man Fever for the GC. I got a copy 8 months ago or so for about $3. I saw them again last week and they scanned $19.99 (or maybe $14.99). But they are Player's Choice version. What I can't believe is that Pac-Man Fever sold enough copies to get a PC release :rofl:.

Probably because of the budget price (I think it came out at $29.99) and because Pac Man games are always popular (or so it seems)

24 Pack of Energizer AA batteries, $5.48 down from $10.98.

Picked up Dragonshard for $12.48 at the Roseville location (which was the first Target). I do live in the mecca.

This is going to sound odd, but the Target's here actually took games OFF clearance.

I know one store about a month ago had Dragonshard and Myst V on clearance... I figure at this point, they'll both be rock bottom, and I'll pick up Myst V just to complete the set since it'll probably be $4.48.

I go in, the clearance stickers have been removed, and the games are back up to full price...?

This happened at two Target's, except one Target took Myst V off clearance but marked it at $9.99 instead of $19.99.

Has this happened to anyone else?

That has happened before. The Gray Dual Shock 2's were $6.24 and then went back to $24.99. Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance PS2 made it to $9.98 a year or 2 ago and went back to $19.99

Bunch of clearance at various MN Targets. I've seen lots of copies of Madden '05(PS2) for $15, and a bunch of Xbox games. Downtown had Jade Empire for $4.98.

Can anyone please name all the PSP games on clearance along with the price. thanks. Im wondering if theres Lumines for like $10.

Mercury, Gretzky NHL, Tiger Woods (last year's), Fifa (I think), Lumines. They were clearanced out last October or November so it's doubtful you will find them

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Mercury, Gretzky NHL, Tiger Woods (last year's), Fifa (I think), Lumines. They were clearanced out last October or November so it's doubtful you will find them[/quote]

Dark Stalkers, NBA, Dynasty Warriors, Ridge Racer, World Tour Soccer, Dead 2 Rights: Reckoning were as well. I don't think fifa was included, but I could be wrong. The tiger woods was actually called Tiger Woods PGA Tour without a year and came out near launch.

Could be others we are forgeting, but all the locations around me were out of them by end of Nov. Occasionally they start carrying the game again and it will be the original price. I notice Zoo keeper back in stock at my local target for $14.99...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back