Yanya Cabilista

Xbox
Alter Echo
Batman: Dark Tomorrow
Bloodrayne
Big Mutha Truckers
Cabelas Deer Hunt 2004 Season
Dino Crisis 3
Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (UPC 093155116702 - Platinum Hits non-GOTY)
Freedom Fighters
Gladiator: Sword of Vengeance
I-Ninja
Indiana Jones
Inside Pitch 2003
LOTR: The Fellowship of the Ring
Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX 2
Minority Report
MX 2002 featuring Ricky Carmichael
Nascar Thunder 2002
ODDWORLD
Silent Scope Complete
Stake Fortune Fighters
Syberia
Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines
UFC: Tapout
UFC: Tapout 2
World Series Baseball
X2 Wolverine's Revenge

Gamecube
4x4 Evo 2
Batman : Rise of Sin Tzu (big box with lithograph)
Beyond Good & Evil
Cel Damage
Dead to Rights
Disney's Magical Mirror Starring Mickey Mouse
Eternal Darkness
2002 Fifa World Cup
FreekStyle
Freedom Fighters
Frogger Adventures: The Rescue
I-Ninja
MX Superfly
Nickelodeon Rocket Power: Beach Bandits
WrestleMania XIX

PS1
All Double-Packs
007 Racing
Blaster Master: Blasting Again
Cabela's Ultimate Deer Hunt: Open Season
Colony Wars III: Red Sun
Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX
Dukes of hazzard 2
Grand Theft Auto 2 (Greatest Hits)
MLB 2004
Mortal Kombat 3
Pro Pinball: Fantastic Journey
Rayman 2: The Great EscapeRocket Power: Team Rocket Rescue
SENTINEL: Returns
Spec Ops Stealth Patrol
Street Sk8er2
Syphon Filter 3
TENCHU: Stealth Assassins (Greatest Hits)
Tomb Raider II (Greatest Hits)
Tomb Raider Last Revelation
Treasure Planet
Warriors of Might and Magic

[quote name='"OP"']I couldn't believe they even had one in stock, but if you can find it @ a CC B&M it's definitely a steal at that price especially since it's brand new :)[/quote]

I wonder if the supposed unadvertised clearance sale will take effect on sunday... I have 12 games i bought that range from $10 - $15 that have the UPC over the games in hoped they change everything to $1.99.

I've only netted 1 project eden for 1.99 thus far plus 2 power dromes for 4.96 so its not a TOTAL loss.

I got a few games, spent roughly $22 and traded them into Gamestop (my gamestop that I work at) and got $80 in credit due to the trade 3 get 10 extra credit deal.

I'm done with the sale. :)

Add Pinball of The Dead (GBA) to the list if it's not allready.

I bought that and a few GBA Hulks, a few BG&E for GC at the Tyler, Tx. CC

Anyone know if BG&E for Xbox is $1.99, I saw several but I was in a hurry and did not have a chance to scan them, they are at the Longview Tx. CC.

[quote name='bluteg']Add Pinball of The Dead (GBA) to the list if it's not allready.

I bought that and a few GBA Hulks, a few BG&E for GC at the Tyler, Tx. CC

Anyone know if BG&E for Xbox is $1.99, I saw several but I was in a hurry and did not have a chance to scan them, they are at the Longview Tx. CC.[/QUOTE]

BG&E Xbox is $9.96. Still a decent price if you can't find it for $2 at TRU.

[quote name='cdeener']That is the clearanced price. They aren't going to sell them for less than $36 bucks. I will never forget when I bought the second to last one at my local CC. The employee didn't even want to sell it to me because he thought that the price was a mistake. It was even funnier because the last one they had the employee found it and hid it so no else could buy it.[/QUOTE]

It's really $36? My store has a ton of them (well, maybe 7 or 8) but tagged at $99. Is the price listed at circuitycity.com? I can't find it there.

[quote name='demomanTNA']"Value Price" strikes again. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

There were no stickers or anything, it was the original UPC.. who knows..

[quote name='gotech']This deal rocks, I've got like 5 CC near me and nobody has gone and picked them up, so I've pretty well cleaned them out. The only stuff I couldn't get was Fur Fighters, Cabela for PS2, Xmen and a few others because they had those stickers over them, but hopefully Sunday we'll see another price drop, then I can get even more.[/QUOTE]

Or maybe your fatass will choke on a chicken bone.

fucking hoarders.

[quote name='Scorch']Or maybe your fatass will choke on a chicken bone.

fucking hoarders.[/QUOTE]

Does sound like he went overboard

i havent been really following this thread, so can somebody PLEASE answer this question?

on sunday, is it confirmed that all of the value games will be $1.99, sticker, or no sticker? or is that just a rumor with no real information

[quote name='spin03']i havent been really following this thread, so can somebody PLEASE answer this question?

on sunday, is it confirmed that all of the value games will be $1.99, sticker, or no sticker? or is that just a rumor with no real information[/QUOTE]

Read the thread.. put effort into finding out, don't just come here, see the title, scream OMFG and run to CC.. search for information!

[/asshole]

On a serious note.. it's likely this deal won't follow through..

[quote name='spin03']i havent been really following this thread, so can somebody PLEASE answer this question?

on sunday, is it confirmed that all of the value games will be $1.99, sticker, or no sticker? or is that just a rumor with no real information[/QUOTE]

I think right now its just rumor

thanks for the reples. i dunno, its really weird. my local CC has tons of value games without the stickers, but the only game that i got to scan for 1.99 was big mutha truckers, and they only had 1 copy. i guess its YMMV. i will probably head over there again to see if i can get a few other games to scan

ok ive been scanning through here and dont really get how this sale works...could anyone be nice and give a quick summary? so many pages.

[quote name='Shoagie']ok ive been scanning through here and dont really get how this sale works...could anyone be nice and give a quick summary? so many pages.[/QUOTE]

..wake up..

..eat, brush your teeth, shower..

..go to your car, unlock the door, step in..

..turn on the car, turn the radio to the local alternative rock station, and drive to the store..

..find the game..

..scan it..

..pull out your wallet..

..hand the money over..

..walk out of the store..

..pull out your car keys..

..unlock the car door..

..and drive home.

This is mind boggling--how some CC's have tons of cheap games, and others (like mine) don't have sh*t for cheap!!!!

[quote name='EvilE']This is mind boggling--how some CC's have tons of cheap games, and others (like mine) don't have sh*t for cheap!!!![/QUOTE]

That's why people have said "YMMV".

So I have to take the games all up and have them scanned? There is no markdown on the games themselves? What a pain!!! Why wouldn't they mark them as discounted or anything?

[quote name='Scorch']..wake up..

..eat, brush your teeth, shower..

..go to your car, unlock the door, step in..

..turn on the car, turn the radio to the local alternative rock station, and drive to the store..

..find the game..

..scan it..

..pull out your wallet..

..hand the money over..

..walk out of the store..

..pull out your car keys..

..unlock the car door..

..and drive home.[/QUOTE]

nice explanation scorch

[quote name='ne2eire']Does sound like he went overboard[/QUOTE]

I think all newbies go overboard to some extent. CAG makes us all kids in a candy store at first. We jump in, gobble up everything in sight, then have a wicked tummy ache the next day, and also feel guilty that some of the other kids didn't get any candy because of our greedy ass. Then we learn to share nicely after that, or just move over to FatWallet. .

[quote name='spin03']thanks for the reples. i dunno, its really weird. my local CC has tons of value games without the stickers, but the only game that i got to scan for 1.99 was big mutha truckers, and they only had 1 copy. i guess its YMMV. i will probably head over there again to see if i can get a few other games to scan[/QUOTE]

This happened to me as well. All of the games at my CC had value stickers except one copy of Whirl Tour. I took a bunch of games to the counter, and they all scanned at $10, even Whirl Tour. That's when I knew it was time to give up and go home.

-DM

[quote name='EvilE']So I have to take the games all up and have them scanned? There is no markdown on the games themselves? What a pain!!! Why wouldn't they mark them as discounted or anything?[/QUOTE]

Of course its a pain, but that's the price you pay if you want cheap games. Once you've seen a few of these sales you'll start to realize its NEVER as easy as just walking in and seeing a pile of all the cheap games you want.

At the last $5 CC sale it was a good week into it before they starting putting the $5 games separate from the other ones. At the TRU clearance it took them marking the games down to 90% before they started separating them from the non clearanced games. Sometimes at EB's sales they won't even a know a sale is going on until you grab the flyer right in front of them and show them the price of the games.

Its just the way it is man.

[quote name='EvilE']So I have to take the games all up and have them scanned? There is no markdown on the games themselves? What a pain!!! Why wouldn't they mark them as discounted or anything?[/QUOTE]

Actually, this is a good thing. How long would a game last sitting on the shelf with a big $1.99 sticker on it??? It wouldn't even make it to the shelf because an employee would buy it. Cheap, cheap games like these usually take a little work...like going through every game on the shelf, checking for non-screaming deal or value tagged games amongst the tagged games, and yes even grabbing games not on the list and checking the price. But if you don't want to do that, that's fine with the other CAG's...more games for us.

Well, I think this deal is over for me now. I've done a pretty intense check of 7 CC's in Columbus and Cincy and there's not much left. It was a decent sale for me though as I picked up 14 games. Thanks again to the OP.

[quote name='shipwreck']Well, I think this deal is over for me now. I've done a pretty intense check of 7 CC's in Columbus and Cincy and there's not much left. It was a decent sale for me though as I picked up 14 games. Thanks again to the OP.[/QUOTE]
Which stores have you been in cincy? I went to tri county(one ps2 powerdrome, one xbox deer hunter), highland (2 powerdrome xbox), mason(nothing). All stores have lots of games on list with the stupid stickers.

My tally from two different CC's earlier this week, all $1.99 each:

PS2:
Pryzm Chapter One The Dark Unicorn
La Pucelle Tactics

GameCube:
Skies of Arcadia Legends
Beyond Good & Evil

XBox:
MX2002 Featuring Ricky Carmichael

GBA:
Spy Hunter

PSX:
Big Bass Fishing

N64:
Forsaken 64

All of the games (except the N64 and PSX ones) were stickered either $30 or $50 so that's probably why they were still on the shelves. This is an amazing sale for those that can take advantage (two other CC's I went to had absolutely nothing).

Whoa....Skies of Arcadia Legends is $2? If ANYONE can get me a copy and sell it to me shipped for $10-15, PLEASE, PM me.

I hope that the whole "sale goes official" thing is true...there are a lot of stickered things at my CC that I will get if it is.

Interesting visit to my local CC in Danvers.

The La Pucelle I returned earlier in the week was still on the shelf (only copy), so I brought it up for a price check again. He scanned it the same way the customer service girl did, and lo and behold, $1.99! Naturally, I bought it! :)

Very strange, though, that on Monday when I was pricematching it from the other CC, the game still scanned at $29.99 in Danvers. By returning it, I put it back into Danvers' stock, but wouldn't that particular UPC be associated with the $1.99 price if it was OOS? I would think when CC downloads their updates, it doesn't matter what is in stock. And also, the price adjustment must have happened during the week. Confusing, but at least it worked out!

BTW, I love the confused looks from the clerks. "$1.99?" "Yup, that's right!" "Uhhh...". They must wonder how we know more about their store than they do. :lol:

[quote name='moiety']Interesting visit to my local CC in Danvers.

The La Pucelle I returned earlier in the week was still on the shelf (only copy), so I brought it up for a price check again. He scanned it the same way the customer service girl did, and lo and behold, $1.99! Naturally, I bought it! :)

Very strange, though, that on Monday when I was pricematching it from the other CC, the game still scanned at $29.99 in Danvers. By returning it, I put it back into Danvers' stock, but wouldn't that particular UPC be associated with the $1.99 price if it was OOS? I would think when CC downloads their updates, it doesn't matter what is in stock. And also, the price adjustment must have happened during the week. Confusing, but at least it worked out!

BTW, I love the confused looks from the clerks. "$1.99?" "Yup, that's right!" "Uhhh...". They must wonder how we know more about their store than they do. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Does this mean the 1.99 clearance will be in effect starting tomorrow?? (maybe even today??) [i hope so]

[quote name='purevim']Does this mean the 1.99 clearance will be in effect starting tomorrow?? (maybe even today??) [i hope so][/QUOTE]

Well, obviously it's been "in effect", but it was on a more YMMV level this week. I picked up a couple games off the list earlier in the week for $1.99. But I thought I remember reading somewhere in this thread that it wasn't supposed to OFFICIALLY start until tomorrow? I may be wrong but I'm not gonna go searching for it. But if that is true, then I would imagine everyone would have better luck come tomorrow and through next week.

[quote name='moiety']Interesting visit to my local CC in Danvers.

BTW, I love the confused looks from the clerks. "$1.99?" "Yup, that's right!" "Uhhh...". They must wonder how we know more about their store than they do. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Were they scanning the actual UPC of the game both times, or a sticker over the UPC?

[quote name='moiety']Well, obviously it's been "in effect", but it was on a more YMMV level this week. I picked up a couple games off the list earlier in the week for $1.99. But I thought I remember reading somewhere in this thread that it wasn't supposed to OFFICIALLY start until tomorrow? I may be wrong but I'm not gonna go searching for it. But if that is true, then I would imagine everyone would have better luck come tomorrow and through next week.[/QUOTE]

I meant "officially," i.e. all the value games ring up at $2.

[quote name='JAMMR']The consensus is it's doubtful as that was just rumor and speculation.[/QUOTE]

I guess i'll find out when i return my games tomorrow, heh.

[quote name='chior']Which stores have you been in cincy? I went to tri county(one ps2 powerdrome, one xbox deer hunter), highland (2 powerdrome xbox), mason(nothing). All stores have lots of games on list with the stupid stickers.[/QUOTE]

I've been to the Tri-County, Fields-Ertel, & Rookwood locations. Fields-Ertel was my best trip where I picked up 8 games.

Jet X2O for the Playstation2 rung up at 1.99

I'm sure alot of ppl will be running back to Circuit City hoping to find a copy of this one lol

[quote name='shipwreck']I've been to the Tri-County, Fields-Ertel, & Rookwood locations. Fields-Ertel was my best trip where I picked up 8 games.[/QUOTE]Maybe that is the reason why I got nothing from fields-ertel. Great to know CAG fellows ative in cincy.

[quote name='ViolentLee']I agree, but the grandaddy of them all was the Overstock.com $2 game sale. It was gone in the blink of an eye, but early adopters (like myself) picked up MX Unleashed, LOTR: ROTK, Champions of Norrath, Amplitude, NFL Street, NBA Live 2004, and a bunch of other decent titles for $2 each.[/QUOTE]

I wish I had gotten as lucky as you did in the Overstock sale. I didn't even pick up anything and everything that was in my cart was taken right out of it right as I was at check out. :sad:

I did extremely well during the $5 CC extravaganza sale last summer though. I picked up roughly 80 different games, with a couple of doubles for trade in fodder but always made sure to leave one at least, and was just thrilled.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I wish I had gotten as lucky as you did in the Overstock sale. I didn't even pick up anything and everything that was in my cart was taken right out of it right as I was at check out. :sad:

I did extremely well during the $5 CC extravaganza sale last summer though. I picked up roughly 80 different games, with a couple of doubles for trade in fodder but always made sure to leave one at least, and was just thrilled.[/QUOTE]

80 games? Damn, dude! I know you didn't hoard, you said you left one for people.. nice deal. Yeah, I remember that $5 CC sale. "guessed" had been there the night before (I hadn't met him yet) and he left a Marvel vs. Capcom 2 for 4.99.. I walked in, saw it, and almost had to run across the street for new pants.. also picked up Jedi Academy and six or seven other games, still have most of them.. then I bought a few from guessed.. damn, that sale was awesome.

IIRC, wasn't Amplitude in stock for awhile during the overstock sale? I know I was late to the party on that one but managed to nab 2 Amplitudes and a couple of DVDs...

The July$5CC is quite possibly the single reason why I have a decent Gamecube collection right now. :)

[quote name='nwaugh']Were they scanning the actual UPC of the game both times, or a sticker over the UPC?[/QUOTE]

For all the games I bought, they scanned the actual game's UPC, not the value sticker.

[quote name='ne2eire']Was a good run while it lasted :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, for all 5 of you that actually got games. :)

[quote name='mmn']Yeah, for all 5 of you that actually got games. :)[/QUOTE]

Sounds like at least a third of the thread got something. Most didn't get what they wanted, but its something.

[quote name='Scorch']80 games? Damn, dude! I know you didn't hoard, you said you left one for people.. nice deal. Yeah, I remember that $5 CC sale. "guessed" had been there the night before (I hadn't met him yet) and he left a Marvel vs. Capcom 2 for 4.99.. I walked in, saw it, and almost had to run across the street for new pants.. also picked up Jedi Academy and six or seven other games, still have most of them.. then I bought a few from guessed.. damn, that sale was awesome.[/QUOTE]

I can't comment on that sale enough. It was the first major major sale that I was able to be involved with since joing CAG. It was awesome. Before then I had rarely bought games because, well they were too expensive. Maybe a $50 game here and there but that was it. My collection still had 200 at the time, but mainly older games that I had gotten used and for B2G1 and B1G1 and other similiar promotions. Part of the reason I had gotten so many was because, well I was lined up at the store at 9:30 in the morning with my brother and my dad;early bird catches the worm you know. There was only one other guy waiting at the time with me. I know that I left at the time the other copy of Lost Kingdoms that they had and Toe Jam and Earl 3 for Xbox. I now wish I had picked up that copy of Toe Jam and Earl 3 since now I can't find it used any where and for a decent price. Most of the games that I had picked up they only had one in-stock any way, but I left as much as I could like the other 2 copies of Frequency that they had and the other Icos, etc. What a sale, what a sale.

that wasn't the only CC I went to to get games, as I also went to 2 other CCs.

Once I was done picking up what I wanted, I helped this one other guy find some Disney Skate game for some console I don't remember that he wanted for his sone and gave my list to some one else that was at the store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back