Yanya Cabilista

Xbox
Alter Echo
Batman: Dark Tomorrow
Bloodrayne
Big Mutha Truckers
Cabelas Deer Hunt 2004 Season
Dino Crisis 3
Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (UPC 093155116702 - Platinum Hits non-GOTY)
Freedom Fighters
Gladiator: Sword of Vengeance
I-Ninja
Indiana Jones
Inside Pitch 2003
LOTR: The Fellowship of the Ring
Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX 2
Minority Report
MX 2002 featuring Ricky Carmichael
Nascar Thunder 2002
ODDWORLD
Silent Scope Complete
Stake Fortune Fighters
Syberia
Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines
UFC: Tapout
UFC: Tapout 2
World Series Baseball
X2 Wolverine's Revenge

Gamecube
4x4 Evo 2
Batman : Rise of Sin Tzu (big box with lithograph)
Beyond Good & Evil
Cel Damage
Dead to Rights
Disney's Magical Mirror Starring Mickey Mouse
Eternal Darkness
2002 Fifa World Cup
FreekStyle
Freedom Fighters
Frogger Adventures: The Rescue
I-Ninja
MX Superfly
Nickelodeon Rocket Power: Beach Bandits
WrestleMania XIX

PS1
All Double-Packs
007 Racing
Blaster Master: Blasting Again
Cabela's Ultimate Deer Hunt: Open Season
Colony Wars III: Red Sun
Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX
Dukes of hazzard 2
Grand Theft Auto 2 (Greatest Hits)
MLB 2004
Mortal Kombat 3
Pro Pinball: Fantastic Journey
Rayman 2: The Great EscapeRocket Power: Team Rocket Rescue
SENTINEL: Returns
Spec Ops Stealth Patrol
Street Sk8er2
Syphon Filter 3
TENCHU: Stealth Assassins (Greatest Hits)
Tomb Raider II (Greatest Hits)
Tomb Raider Last Revelation
Treasure Planet
Warriors of Might and Magic

[quote name='"OP"']I couldn't believe they even had one in stock, but if you can find it @ a CC B&M it's definitely a steal at that price especially since it's brand new :)[/quote]

[quote name='mmn']Yeah, for all 5 of you that actually got games. :)[/QUOTE]

Don't be so pessimistic man, we still have a chance, though slim, to pick up some games tomorrow if indeed this sale was supposed to have begun Sunday.

[quote name='JAMMR']Smashing Drive (GC) is $1.99 as well...[/QUOTE]

Picked up one for each console back int he $5 sale. Didn't think any CC's or any store for that matter still had them.

Smashing Drive is well worth $1.99. It got bad reviews but I think it's because most people don't like arcade type games anymore (games that are short where the object is to get the best time or most points which requires playing the levels over and over again). I paid $20 for it a few months after it came out and felt it was worth it.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I wish I had gotten as lucky as you did in the Overstock sale. I didn't even pick up anything and everything that was in my cart was taken right out of it right as I was at check out. :sad:

I did extremely well during the $5 CC extravaganza sale last summer though. I picked up roughly 80 different games, with a couple of doubles for trade in fodder but always made sure to leave one at least, and was just thrilled.[/QUOTE]

I did well on the $5 CC sale, too. I picked up probably 25 different games (no doubles) total over two stores. But, most of them ended up being kind of crappy (Robin Hood, RE: Dead Aim, etc.), while about half the Overstock.com games scored 8 or higher. I was lucky to have stumbled upon Overstock's sale before it was wiped out.

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but Um Jammer Lammy for PS1 is $2.49. I guess not part of this sale, but something I found at CC. No success with Unlimited Saga, though.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Don't be so pessimistic man, we still have a chance, though slim, to pick up some games tomorrow if indeed this sale was supposed to have begun Sunday.[/QUOTE]

So do we know what's going on yet?

I did quite well today. I think I had the CC employee scan probably about 90% of the games in the store :) I picked up for $1.99 apiece (some of these are on the list already, some are not):

PSX:
Vampire Hunter D

XB:
Nightcaster
Timesplitters 2

PS2:
Sled Storm
Frogger's Adventures
RC Revenge Pro
Roadkill

GC:
Frogger's Adventures
Looney Tunes

GBA:
Hulk
Pinobee

I also picked up a few Powerdromes for PS2 and XB for EB trade-in fodder but as some of you may already know, these are now POX (along with almost every other cheapie people have been using).

I got Defender for 1.99, I had Spy hunter fpr 1.99 but when the chick went to ring it up it wasnt in the system anymore, I thought this was unusual. But I did get something, and this was just today, Im going to check out another Circuit City tonight, though I doubt there will be any deals there.

[quote name='Maverick CRV']So the sale is over? :( Is there an updated list on any page of these forums? I hate to be bothersome but I just don't wanna dig through 43 pages.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to become rich when I invent something to punch someone through the computer screen.

I didn't horde like people think I did, I got about 25 games from 5 CC locations. There's a lot of titles left in my area though, I only picked over certain titles that had maybe 2 or 3 in stock. But I found My Street worked, Mad Dash also worked for Xbox.
Amplitude, Robotech for PS2/X, Unlimited Saga, drakengard and a few others didn't work.

Also one of the employees at my CC wanted one of the My Street's so I gave that up. Since I had two in my hand, I also told him about a few other titles I wasn't planning on getting.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']
Once I was done picking up what I wanted, I helped this one other guy find some Disney Skate game for some console I don't remember that he wanted for his sone and gave my list to some one else that was at the store.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I did something similar. A guy was there waiting for the store to open and we started talking about the sale. I obviously knew more of the list of games than he did, because I was grabbing a bunch and he couldn't figure out what should be $5 and what shouldn't be. At the end of my spree he had about 4 games and I had maybe 12 or 13. We both did one final scan and I found an Evil Dead : Fistfull of Boomstick for Xbox. He was like "DAMN! I really wanted that one. Damnit. Can you help me look for another?" After not finding one, I just gave him my copy as I didn't really want to play it that much and he seemed to really want it.

Just goes to show you, even during craze inducing sales you can be nice to your fellow gamers.

[quote name='mmn']Yeah, I did something similar. A guy was there waiting for the store to open and we started talking about the sale. I obviously knew more of the list of games than he did, because I was grabbing a bunch and he couldn't figure out what should be $5 and what shouldn't be. At the end of my spree he had about 4 games and I had maybe 12 or 13. We both did one final scan and I found an Evil Dead : Fistfull of Boomstick for Xbox. He was like "DAMN! I really wanted that one. Damnit. Can you help me look for another?" After not finding one, I just gave him my copy as I didn't really want to play it that much and he seemed to really want it.

Just goes to show you, even during craze inducing sales you can be nice to your fellow gamers.[/QUOTE]

better watch out... you might just've gotten 0wn3d...

[quote name='mmn']Yeah, I did something similar. A guy was there waiting for the store to open and we started talking about the sale. I obviously knew more of the list of games than he did, because I was grabbing a bunch and he couldn't figure out what should be $5 and what shouldn't be. At the end of my spree he had about 4 games and I had maybe 12 or 13. We both did one final scan and I found an Evil Dead : Fistfull of Boomstick for Xbox. He was like "DAMN! I really wanted that one. Damnit. Can you help me look for another?" After not finding one, I just gave him my copy as I didn't really want to play it that much and he seemed to really want it.

Just goes to show you, even during craze inducing sales you can be nice to your fellow gamers.[/QUOTE]

That's actually the best thing I've read on this board. You get my respect, mmn (for what that's worth).

sheesh i stop coming to the site for a week and a half and miss this. la pucelle for 1.99 is a very nice find, but i already know that 99% of these games are covered up with those stickers that say "value program: $14.99" or whatever.

So this sale doesnt start officially until tomorrow? Because I went today and they scanned Xmen, Silpheed, and Project Eden and they all came up at their normal prices. I got them to scan the barcode on the sticker thing on top of the game...you know the one that comes on any PS2 game, DVD, Xbox game etc etc...

God...After reading 44 pages of people bitching about how all the games at their local CC have value stickers on them, I find it necessary to ask this...

Have any of you bothered to explain the situation to an employee or manager and see if they'll take the stickers off for you? That's what I did, and it worked fine for me...I'm kind of surprised no one has mentioned it yet, give it a shot people.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']God...After reading 44 pages of people bitching about how all the games at their local CC have value stickers on them, I find it necessary to ask this...

Have any of you bothered to explain the situation to an employee or manager and see if they'll take the stickers off for you? That's what I did, and it worked fine for me...I'm kind of surprised no one has mentioned it yet, give it a shot people.[/QUOTE]

I have, and they haven't budged for me. They usually explain how "I understand that the other UPC rings up differently, but we go by these Value UPCs, because that's why they're on there and they are supposed to be there."

[quote name='whoknows']So this sale doesnt start officially until tomorrow? Because I went today and they scanned Xmen, Silpheed, and Project Eden and they all came up at their normal prices. I got them to scan the barcode on the sticker thing on top of the game...you know the one that comes on any PS2 game, DVD, Xbox game etc etc...[/QUOTE]

There is no sale people. This "barcode trick" has always been in the system.... ever since CC started getting Value Games... that is why they put the Value Sticker over the UPCs because all Value Games use the same generic UPC.

This was never meant to be a sale... people just starting buying those shitty Value Games, and some did not have the stickers by mistake, and thats when the CAGness started.

So yeah... I just felt I should explain it.

Did anyone pick up an extra "Silent Scope Complete" for Xbox to trade or sell? I think I read someone saw 3 copies at their CC.

I have over 30 different titles to choose from I could trade for it and would even do 2 or maybe 3 for that one depending on the games. Please PM me if you have one. Is there an easy way to make a trade list to view in your profile?

I'm fairly new here, so sorry if a trade request does not belong in this thread, even though it is relevant to the topic.

Anyone know if this would work for the GH Twisted Metal Black? I already have the game, but I want a dual-disc case so I don't have to worry about the online disc getting scratched.

I'd also like to find Frequency, but I haven't seen a new copy anywhere for a while.

[quote name='Scorch']I'm going to become rich when I invent something to punch someone through the computer screen.[/QUOTE]

and hope someone else doesnt have the same to return the favor.

Youre a good man. During the 4.99 cc sale last year i did that with someone. They found a game i was looking for and had several copies. I had a few copies of one they wanted and i hooked it up and the guy got my email address and was gonna hit me with one of the ones he had i wanted. Needless to say he never hooked me up but its all good. Karma.

Add the two following titles to the list:

PS2 Rygar
XB Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance

Sale still seems to be going on super old titles..

[quote name='darkwingduck13']Did anyone ever confirm whether or not Escape from Monkey Island is really part of the sale?[/QUOTE]

I did see this on the shelf, but it had a "the deal" sticker on in...

[quote name='darkwingduck13']Did anyone ever confirm whether or not Escape from Monkey Island is really part of the sale?[/QUOTE]

Yes this game is $1.99 as long as it does not have the value stickers on it. I picked one up.

I picked up X2: Wolverine's Revenge(PS2) and took it to the register. Imagine my level of pissed-offtivity when it didn't show up in the system and the cashier quoted me the sticker price. LAME!!!

[quote name='Stink_Pickle']and hope someone else doesnt have the same to return the favor.[/QUOTE]

"Duck and move, Ghandi.. Duck and move!"

I have been going to a few Circuit Cities in my area all week and have been able to pick up several of the games on the list. I have noticed that some listed on this thread do not ring up for the $1.99 price even with absolutely NO sticker over the upc. Maybe they took some of them off the sale for some reason. One of the employees at the last store I went to did get really pissed off at me for buying the $1.99 games. He said if he had known about the sale, he would have bought the games before I got there. He said he was going to look in the computer and find all the games at the other stores and go buy them. I didn't tell him that wouldn't work and that I had already tried that long before he thought of it. The clearance games don't show up in the inventory of the different stores unless you scan the actual barcode for some reason. Anyways, from what I found you can add these to the list of games that ring up $1.99.....
For PS2:
My Street
ESPN X Games Skateboarding
Wakeboarding Unleashed

For XBOX:
The Thing
Myst III Exile

For Gamecube:
UFC Throwdown

*sorry if any of these were already mentioned, I just didn't have time to read through hundreds of posts

[quote name='thabizzle']I picked up X2: Wolverine's Revenge(PS2) and took it to the register. Imagine my level of pissed-offtivity when it didn't show up in the system and the cashier quoted me the sticker price. LAME!!![/QUOTE]

You should know this if you read a few post here.

I just posted a trade request in the trading forum - basically I'm looking for GC I-Ninja to play with my son, and have several of the other titles available for trade. Thought I should post it here in case anyone got extras of that and couldn't find something else. Preference will be given to Gamerush thread posters and regular posters to this thread of course :)

[quote name='flaprabbit']Yes this game is $1.99 as long as it does not have the value stickers on it. I picked one up.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the confirmation. My CC has had ONE COPY of that game for the past year or so, and nobody ever buys it. I forgot to have it scanned last time I was there, and now I'm gonna make another trip over there today to try and grab it if it doesn't have the sticker. :D

[quote name='Pr0Ph3T26']Ok. I have some questions. Is this at ANY Circut City? Is it still going on?[/QUOTE]

MOST of these games WITHOUT the VALUE UPC will ring up at $1.99 at ANY Circuit City. Some of the ORIGINAL UPCs, when scanned, will not show up in the system (and therefore will not be sold for $1.99). SOME Circuit City managers will not let the games be sold for $1.99, even if they scan at that price. MOST Circuit Citys have ZERO copies of MOST of these games WITHOUT the Value UPC.

Uh that was kind of confusing guessed.. How can I tell when I pick up the game if i can get it for $2

I did this list of ratings from ign for each game also...
Alter Echo - 6.8
Batman: Dark Tomorrow - 2.2
Bloodrayne - 7.8
Big Mutha Truckers - 6.3
Cabelas Deer Hunt 2004 Season - NR
Dino Crisis 3 - 6.0
Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (UPC 093155116702 - Platinum Hits non-GOTY) - 9.4
Freedom Fighters - 8.4
Gladiator: Sword of Vengeance - 8.0
I-Ninja - 8.0
Indiana Jones - 6.1
Inside Pitch 2003 - 5.0
LOTR: The Fellowship of the Ring - 6.7
Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX 2 - 8.1
Minority Report - 5.4
MX 2002 featuring Ricky Carmichael - 7.5
Nascar Thunder 2002 - 8.5
ODDWORLD - Which one?
Silent Scope Complete - 7.0
Stake Fortune Fighters
Syberia - 6.1
Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines - 3.5
UFC: Tapout - 8.3
UFC: Tapout 2 - 7.1
World Series Baseball - 9.0
X2 Wolverine's Revenge - 6.6

[quote name='Pr0Ph3T26']Uh that was kind of confusing guessed.. How can I tell when I pick up the game if i can get it for $2

[/QUOTE]

You can't which is why I haven't bothered with this sale. That, and the selection of games is not worth it imo. You won't know until it's scanned whether it works or not.

Me and my friend got hosed while visiting a different circuit city. As he brought up the games to the counter a clerk said "If you think you are getting those games for $1.99, you're not".....so apparently they fixed it in their system and we got NOTHING........

I got 8 playstation games last night from this sale for $8.56, also the sales person in the electronics department told me all the playstation games were half-off, but Im not sure if this was just my store.

[quote name='Pr0Ph3T26']Uh that was kind of confusing guessed.. How can I tell when I pick up the game if i can get it for $2[/QUOTE]

It was confusing? Seriously? I don't know if I can spell it out any more plainly, but I will try.

1) As far as I know games without the Value UPC still scan at $1.99. Even though cruzincontrol posted "so apparently they fixed it in their system", from the rest of his post, it seems like they didn't even scan the games, so it was probably just a decision made by the manager of that CC (possibly passed down from higher up). So if you find a game from the list and it does not have the value UPC, it should scan at $1.99

2) Most of the games on the list (without the value UPCs) were gone long before they started scanning for $1.99.

3) Some CCs are refusing to sell the games for $1.99, even if they scan that way. These seem to be the exception, rather than the rule, but that could be changing, since the $1.99 scanning has been going on for a while.

Do I know if your CC still has a few of these games lying around? No.
Do I know if your CC will sell them to you for $1.99 if they do have them? No.

I don't know what I else I can tell you. Are you looking for some sort of guarantee? You aren't going to get it.

[quote name='cruzincontrol']Me and my friend got hosed while visiting a different circuit city. As he brought up the games to the counter a clerk said "If you think you are getting those games for $1.99, you're not".....so apparently they fixed it in their system and we got NOTHING........[/QUOTE]

What a rude bitch. I would've reported her.

im still pretty pissed. my circuit city has about 50 games with the value sticker on them (they are all in one area), and then in the value bin area, there are a good 50 games on that people are getting for 1.99, but they all scan at their regular price.

[quote name='guessed']It was confusing? Seriously? I don't know if I can spell it out any more plainly, but I will try.

1) As far as I know games without the Value UPC still scan at $1.99. Even though cruzincontrol posted "so apparently they fixed it in their system", from the rest of his post, it seems like they didn't even scan the games, so it was probably just a decision made by the manager of that CC (possibly passed down from higher up). So if you find a game from the list and it does not have the value UPC, it should scan at $1.99

2) Most of the games on the list (without the value UPCs) were gone long before they started scanning for $1.99.

3) Some CCs are refusing to sell the games for $1.99, even if they scan that way. These seem to be the exception, rather than the rule, but that could be changing, since the $1.99 scanning has been going on for a while.

Do I know if your CC still has a few of these games lying around? No.
Do I know if your CC will sell them to you for $1.99 if they do have them? No.

I don't know what I else I can tell you. Are you looking for some sort of guarantee? You aren't going to get it.[/QUOTE]

Add 4. Some games are not in their system anymore and there is really nothing you can do.

[quote name='Pr0Ph3T26']Spin03 = Spin03 from TXB?

Anyway, i'm going to go today and see what I can do...[/QUOTE]

yup :)

you can tell when it has a value sticker on it. its on the front, and its bigger than a normal price tag. all value games are 14.99 (at my CC at least).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back