1 vs 100 - Season 2 has ended - Waiting for Season 3

[quote name='DV8']I was in the mob tonight and we won on the World's Fair Beverage question! woohoo![/QUOTE]

Congrats! I can't believe that guy got that wrong considering he has a near perfect score and is ALWAYS first on the leaderboard every single time I am on Extended Play no matter the time or date, and after him is always A Patch of Blue. Leads me to believe some of the cheating theories as well since how can somebody be #1 on the leaderboard so much and yet miss a not that hard question as The One.

Do they have this at all over the weekend now? I thought the Sci-Fi, Horror, and Video Game themed games were Saturday but my reminder said it was Monday or Tuesday. The games are to late for me during the week.

Bummer. Got into the Mob this time, and due to living in Iowa, didn't get a copy of The Maw or any points when the One bit the dust. Had a good time anyway though.

Finally got to play the live version last night, and it was a lot of fun, as long as I kept something to do in between questions. I think it's funny that every time the 1 trusted the crowd or mob or top 10, they got it wrong.

[quote name='GunstarRed']Congrats! I can't believe that guy got that wrong considering he has a near perfect score and is ALWAYS first on the leaderboard every single time I am on Extended Play no matter the time or date, and after him is always A Patch of Blue. Leads me to believe some of the cheating theories as well since how can somebody be #1 on the leaderboard so much and yet miss a not that hard question as The One.[/QUOTE]

There has to be some sort of cheating going on. It's impossible to me for someone to get every single question right apart of the crowd and get an instant bonus each time. Then when they finally become the 1 or join the mob they become stupid.

Can anybody actually get in? The play button's constantly loading and has been for 15 minutes now. I restarted and it didn't fix anything.

Edit: It finally appeared at the 20 minute mark, so I can finally play.

[quote name='guyver2077']so what level are you guys that got into the mob?[/QUOTE]

I am level 31 and got in for the first time tonight. Missed a question about the Polyponesian war. Didnt matter though cause the 1 took the points about two questions later.

god i hated 1 vs 100 i dont know why but i may still try seaso 2
i hope they put better questions in it i mean some where increadbly dumb
"what colour is on the lid of a marmite jar?" WTF LOL ROFL BBQ!

Of course, easy to you, doesn't mean easy to everybody.

For example, I had to look up what the hell marmite even was.

Stupid question , but is there a limit to how many prizes can be won by being in the mob or being the One? I was under the impression each user can only win a prize once , but if that's so , is it once from the mob as well as once as the One?

Not that it'd would probably matter anyway , but I was curious.

Got my answer off xbox.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Well , I thought I did pretty well on tonights extended play "video games" show. Got a new high score of 56k , with a max streak of 15. Was kinda upset at two of the questions , which I thought were kinda cheap and misleading (eidos question and EGM question). Was also shocked at only half the mob getting knocked out on the Atari question.

[quote name='StarKnightX']Well , I thought I did pretty well on tonights extended play "video games" show. Got a new high score of 56k , with a max streak of 15. Was kinda upset at two of the questions , which I thought were kinda cheap and misleading (eidos question and EGM question). Was also shocked at only half the mob getting knocked out on the Atari question.[/QUOTE]
I got 31/37 questions right with a score of 61k during the last sports based one during the weekend but my longest streak is 17 during a regular Extended Play. I got a trophy for finishing in the Top 100 from that show. I seem to do better with the subject specific shows.

[quote name='StarKnightX']Well , I thought I did pretty well on tonights extended play "video games" show. Got a new high score of 56k , with a max streak of 15. Was kinda upset at two of the questions , which I thought were kinda cheap and misleading (eidos question and EGM question). Was also shocked at only half the mob getting knocked out on the Atari question.[/QUOTE]

I agree I thought those were tricky questions.

I think the dance unlocks might be random.

Also, first time I saw a round end with all 100 mob members still alive at the end.

Reason I said it might be random is Richelle Meed (or whatever her name is) says she unlocked something else, and I unlocked a dance at level 15 today, and while I'm not the most knowledgeable when it comes to dancing, it doesn't appear to be chicken dancing to me.

Someone in my group of four tonight was playing their first game this season during Live (they were at Level 1 with 0 score) and they finished the round and got the Top 100 Award Badge! They tanked some pretty easy questions in the next few rounds, but that was some impressive first time skills.

There was another 1 vs. 1 standoff tonight, but the One took the Money over the Mob before going all the way.

[quote name='JStryke']Reason I said it might be random is Richelle Meed (or whatever her name is) says she unlocked something else, and I unlocked a dance at level 15 today, and while I'm not the most knowledgeable when it comes to dancing, it doesn't appear to be chicken dancing to me.[/QUOTE]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUEKqorbmr8

This is the chicken dance.

The live show's starting now for those that want to play.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The one where even the few people in the mob missed the question so nobody got any points?[/QUOTE]

yep, I was the only one in my group to get it right

Nice way to start 2010!
I made the Mob in the Last Game of the night. Won with this question:
"What is the name of the celebration of the Jewish New Year?"
X - Purim
A - Yom Kippor
B - Rosh Hashanah

One chose "Trust the Crowd" which chose A. The Right Answer is B.

Won Lode Runner and 80 MSP.

Now I need to buy a lottery ticket tomorrow...

How come 1/2 the time I go to the Primetime channel now to either set reminders or actually try to get into a game all I get is the loading icon flashing continuously?

While this is bumped, I have a question of my own. My current work schedule is preventing me from playing anymore 1 vs 100 (unless I drastically change my sleep schedule), and assuming there will be a season 3 (which, imo is a safe assumption), will there be new achievements, or could I still get the current ones? It doesn't specify that these are for season 2 unless I'm mistaken, but I have read comments before where somebody mentioned about a possibility of new achievements.

[quote name='MSUHitman']How come 1/2 the time I go to the Primetime channel now to either set reminders or actually try to get into a game all I get is the loading icon flashing continuously?[/QUOTE]

I had that exact same problem too a few months ago and read that you have to delete all your reminders and never use them again. And if that doesn't work, then delete your game and save files (Don't worry, your stats are kept online and will be there when you play again.). I had to do both and ever since then I've never had another problem as long as I didn't use Reminders. I thought for sure they would have fixed this problem by now.

I'm not saying this solution works for everyone, but I was amazed it did for me.

[quote name='JStryke']While this is bumped, I have a question of my own. My current work schedule is preventing me from playing anymore 1 vs 100 (unless I drastically change my sleep schedule), and assuming there will be a season 3 (which, imo is a safe assumption), will there be new achievements, or could I still get the current ones? It doesn't specify that these are for season 2 unless I'm mistaken, but I have read comments before where somebody mentioned about a possibility of new achievements.[/QUOTE]

As far as I know, each season will have its own achievements which will no longer be achievable when the season ends.

Damn. Kind of what I was afraid of. Time to adjust my sleep schedule I guess.

Or quit my job, but that's not really an option sadly.

Anyone know how much longer season 2 will last? I made it to the mob a couple of weeks ago and got a question wrong so they wont let me in the mob again until the next season.

Unless I'm mistaken, I believe it's until the end of this month. Wouldn't know an exact date though as far as the last day is concerned.

I thought that as well, and I did the math in my head. If you do 50 Questions a night (which is somewhere around 1 1/2 extended shows), you can have it in 10 days).

Hold down the right trigger while in game and look at your season stats. I thought it was going to be tough to get to 500 questions but it's pretty easy doing an extended play (37 questions) here and there and the live shows.

Quick Draw (In a single round, received six consecutive Instant Answer Bonuses) was the toughest one for me.

People still in need of the Quick Draw achievement should play the first six questions of every show since often they are pretty easy save for one or two of them. If that's the last one you need, you can probably just leave after the 7th question and come back next show, since if you don't have it by that point, you likely won't get it that game. Also, make sure you move your finger over each button and have it ready to press the split second you see the right answer.

If there is a theme show with a category you know a lot about, that's your best chance. I even got 9 Instant Answers in a row on Video Games.

I'm up to almost 3000 questions answered and level 46. Was hoping to hit 50 before the end of the season, but doesn't look like it's going to happen since it takes about half a million points per level now.

Would be ideal if each season shared the same Achievement file and just added another 200 GS to it so that you could still get the old achievements in the next season. I swear they better NOT have an achievement next season for "Be The One".

Yup, ends this Friday:

Join 1v100 for their final shows of the season. Join Syfy Network’s Magda Apanowicz a.k.a. Lacy Rand from the Battlestar Galactica spinoff Caprica on Tuesday, February 9 at 9:00pm ET/6:00 pm PT. And on the season finale this Friday at February 12 at 10:00pm ET/7:00 pm PT tune in for special Halo franchise show with 343 Industries Frank O’Connor and Bungie’s Marty O’Donnell live in studio.

majornelson.com

Got my 500 question achievement so I'm set. Probably not going to bother with the 12 in a row. I will ask if anyone knows if using 3 skips when you get to 9 will net you the achievement, since in all other cases the skip counts as a correct answer (ie streak increases, full points, etc).

[quote name='JStryke']Does that apply to the live show only or does the extended show also end this week?[/QUOTE]
I think everything is done until season 3. That's how it was handled when season 1 ended, anyway.

I'd really like it if when season 3 started they also brought in another game show to compliment 1 vs 100. Then again, any excuse for them to start charging extra for the Primetime service is something I'd prefer to avoid.

The 500 Questions Achievement is just for playing 500, not actually answering, so technically you can plug in your controller with a Play & Charge kit and let it run during every show while you do something else should you still need it and don't want to play every last show to do it.

12 in a row is really not that hard using Safeties. Many of the early questions are pretty easy, so just store them up. My personal best is actually 34 in a row during Commercials theme show. Then I proceeded to miss the next 3 after that.

Managed to get my 12 in a row tonight and was in the top 100. I figured I'd have to use my skip on the final 3x bonus question...then it wound up being a question about a hidden track on a Danzig album which was the easiest question of the round for me.

Anyway, since I have at least one of each I know that the green coin is 10+ in a row, the purple target coin is 90% accuracy, gold coin is beat The One, the blue trophy coin is top 100, but what do the other trophy coin and the ticket looking icon represent?

bread's done
Back