1 vs 100 - Season 2 has ended - Waiting for Season 3

It's easy to get 12 if there's ever a themed category session that you know a lot about. I usually get ~25 in a row on the Sports sessions =D

Last night I finally made it into the mob... then lost five questions in. Didn't really matter though because the one just walked away with his winnings.

Still though, FML.

I still need the dreaded Quick Draw. I haven't played in weeks so I missed out on some chances. anyone know if the achievements will return or are unique to season 2?

[quote name='Gamer SDP']I still need the dreaded Quick Draw. I haven't played in weeks so I missed out on some chances. anyone know if the achievements will return or are unique to season 2?[/QUOTE]

I was wondering this also. I wonder if next season will have new achievements or just carry over theses ones.

Here's what I've been waiting for - they haven't really mentioned anything like this since the original Primetime Channel announcement, but it looks like they are working on adding new content:

http://kotaku.com/5472826/more-xbox-programming-coming-after-success-of-1-vs-100

When it launched, Xbox Live game show 1 vs. 100 was an experiment. Its success could mean a whole new slate of television-like programming for the gaming console.

"1 vs. 100 was an entirely new space for us," said Aaron Greenberg, director of Product Management for Xbox 360 and Xbox LIVE. "In many ways we are pioneering an entirely new category of entertainment and it has been very successful."

Microsoft's work on ad-driven 1 Vs. 100 taught them several things, Greenberg said, like that lowering the barrier to entry helps to create a nearly instant mammoth community. And that advertisers don't need much convincing when the platform they're buying into has a 23 million person audience and a dream demographic.

"It wasn't that hard for us to convince folks" to advertise on 1 vs. 100, he said. "Now we're looking at not just doing more of that, but how do you think about new types of programming on a network of 23 million people."

"We're all over the board with ideas," Greenberg said. "I think 1 vs. 100 was one of those, we will definitely throughout the year reveal more of the innovative things we are thinking about."

Not everyone has a gold membership. Are there really 23 million people in the potential audience? It seems to me that if they are going to have advertising, it ought to be open to everyone. Maybe that's the eventual idea, though.

[quote name='crunchewy']Not everyone has a gold membership. Are there really 23 million people in the potential audience?[/quote]

As a total number per season I suppose I could believe it. They do a lot of extended play shows.

It seems to me that if they are going to have advertising, it ought to be open to everyone. Maybe that's the eventual idea, though.

I remember when that was the dream - "Oh, they advertise...maybe XBox Live will be free now!" Not a shot in hell they'll be making anything free anytime soon. We'll see Sony start charging before we see Microsoft offer free XBL.

I hope when season 3 comes out, they change the live show back to weekend. I work nights and only got to play the live show on Holidays when I had off work and special weekend live shows. I miss playing on Saturdays during season 1.

Damn the timing on instant response.... I got up to 5 twice, and on the 6th one once I didn't know the answer right away, and the 2nd time I thought I had it... and it ended up a 1s..... SIGH

[quote name='crunchewy']Not everyone has a gold membership. Are there really 23 million people in the potential audience?[/QUOTE]
Don't forget the few times silver accounts were able to get on along with gold. I remember there were higher numbers on those days. But likely a whole number of players.

[quote name='kitpowers007']I hope when season 3 comes out, they change the live show back to weekend. I work nights and only got to play the live show on Holidays when I had off work and special weekend live shows. I miss playing on Saturdays during season 1.[/QUOTE]

I really had an easier time remembering when it was Friday Saturday. I hope they change it back.

What they should do with the live shows is mix it up some. Like one week do it on Tuesday and Friday then the next week do it on Wednesday and Saturday or something. Just mix the days up occasionally so that it might give people a better shot of getting on. Then again if they start doing other shows that might fix that problem.

On that note , maybe what they could do if they start doing other shows/games for primetime , is that at least 1 of them (assuming at least 2 different ones) will be available to everyone , but won't offer prizes (or maybe lesser prizes) and make the gold required games the ones you can win stuff.

As far as achievements , what they might end up doing is just add them on to the current list. Instead of having achievement lists for each season , just have one running list that adds new achievements each season (like a title update or DLC).

I don't know why, but I'd love to see The Weakest Link as a show on Primetime. I think it would be really fun. There was a time playing 1vs100 this past week that I wanted to boot one guy out of my group because he kept screwing up my "Group Hug" achievement. We all got 2 in a row right like 3 different times, and this dude would be the only one to miss the 3rd question every time. I would have loved to have been able to tell him "Goodbye!" lol.

I agree about the just adding on to the achievements. That gives people that missed out the first time around and future players a chance.

I have a hard time thinking of examples of games shows already in existence to take from. Most game shows tend to have a smaller amount of 'competitors'. I have a feeling that any more xbox prime time will have to be brand new material.

I'm kind of pissed, I wanted to log in on the last day and try to get my last 200 questions for the acheivement, but I couldn't get in. First I would hit "play now" and nothing would happen, and then where play now should've been was just the 360 logo spinning over and over. Happen to anyone else?

[quote name='pete5883']I'm kind of pissed, I wanted to log in on the last day and try to get my last 200 questions for the acheivement, but I couldn't get in. First I would hit "play now" and nothing would happen, and then where play now should've been was just the 360 logo spinning over and over. Happen to anyone else?[/QUOTE]
That happened early in the season when it seemed like the app was unresponsive and the only way I could get in was by joining a friend from the friends list, which I would get kicked from it anyway because it was still buggy back then.

[quote name='pete5883']I'm kind of pissed, I wanted to log in on the last day and try to get my last 200 questions for the acheivement, but I couldn't get in. First I would hit "play now" and nothing would happen, and then where play now should've been was just the 360 logo spinning over and over. Happen to anyone else?[/QUOTE]

I actually didn't end up playing the last day. I wanted to pick up a couple achievements I had missed but got busy and had forgotten. Sorry I can't help.

bread's done
Back