$10 Extra trade in credit Wii/Ps3 @GS/EB

[quote name='rewtbeer']Does this deal work for Canadian EB Game stores?[/quote]
Course not, Gamestop Inc. and EB Canada Inc. are two completely different retain chains with different policies. Frankly, I want it to remain that way because Canadian stores get WAY BETTER promos and deals.

[quote name='loserboy']They really should NOT exclude Wii Sports from the deal, if they had anyone who knew anything...I mean really look at these ebay prices, it's the most valuable used game out there for the Wii:

http://search-completed.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=so&sbrftog=1&catref=C12&from=R10&_trksid=m37&satitle=wii+sports&sacat=62053%26catref%3DC6&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D2&sadis=200&fpos=60616&sabfmts=1&saobfmts=insif&fis=2&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&so=Show+Items&fsop=1%26fsoo%3D1&coaction=compare&copagenum=1&coentrypage=search&fgtp=[/quote]

this is a test

I just called and The Ant Bully trades in for $5. So you could buy it for $10 (or $8 used) and trade it in for $15.50 -- all with GS credit.

[quote name='MrDemonicAngel']anyone know how much bust a movie bash trade in price is?[/quote]Pick up the phone and call your local store, if it's not in the Wiki.

[quote name='shrike4242']Pick up the phone and call your local store, if it's not in the Wiki.[/quote]

thats the first thing i tried...called 3 different gs/eb...noone will give me price quote over the phone...

[quote name='Baron O Hell']Can you use one coupon for multiple games? Sounds like from what you guys are saying.[/QUOTE]

If you read the fine print, it says 1 per customer. This, however, does not stop you from going to multiple stores to utilize this trade over a couple of days.

Traded in Mario Party 8 today for $43 and preordered Halo 3 CE, the extra 20% didn't stack but oh well $43 is good enough for me.

Alright. I'm taking in Warioware and Excite Truck in tomorrow. Hopefully it'll net me $50. I'm going to use the credit to pre-order Bioshock online (You can use credit online, right?).

[quote name='munch']Alright. I'm taking in Warioware and Excite Truck in tomorrow. Hopefully it'll net me $50. I'm going to use the credit to pre-order Bioshock online (You can use credit online, right?).[/QUOTE]

I dont think so....doesnt entering your edge card number give you the 10% off and not your credit?

[quote name='MrDemonicAngel']thats the first thing i tried...called 3 different gs/eb...noone will give me price quote over the phone...[/QUOTE]

Damn, looks like you'll actually have to leave your house.

[quote name='munch']Alright. I'm taking in Warioware and Excite Truck in tomorrow. Hopefully it'll net me $50. I'm going to use the credit to pre-order Bioshock online (You can use credit online, right?).[/quote]

why wouldn't you just pre-order instore? thats what i did today.

[quote name='munch']Alright. I'm taking in Warioware and Excite Truck in tomorrow. Hopefully it'll net me $50. I'm going to use the credit to pre-order Bioshock online (You can use credit online, right?).[/QUOTE]

No dice. Before the merge you used to be able to use the Edge credit at EBgames web site. Now the eb/gs web site is entirely useless except for use as a store/stock locator.

Within 100 miles there is only one used copy of the ant bully, wii version, available at gs/eb. Wow, this must be an INCREDIBLE game with there being so few available to buy used :roll:

I really don't know if I can bring myself to buy this for $10 and being able to trade in for ~ $17.00; if you put it towards a preorder. I know $7 is $7, but is that worth the shame and humiliating stares that comes with asking the clerk for a copy of ant bully? I just don't know... lol

[quote name='autche']Within 100 miles there is only one used copy of the ant bully, wii version, available at gs/eb. Wow, this must be an INCREDIBLE game with there being so few available to buy used :roll:

I really don't know if I can bring myself to buy this for $10 and being able to trade in for ~ $17.00; if you put it towards a preorder. I know $7 is $7, but is that worth the shame and humiliating stares that comes with asking the clerk for a copy of ant bully? I just don't know... lol[/QUOTE]
I picked up a used copy of Ant Bully... not sure the coupon was intended for USED, but it didn't say on the coupon and I think the kids manually took the $10 off. Ended up getting it for $7.19 ($17.99-$10-$0.80). I intend to trade it in today with the $10 bonus coupon... hopefully it's not excluded.

Not worth the trouble if that's the only thing your going to do at Gamestop but if you're visiting multiple stores any way... might as well.

Anybody got a better printable copy of the Ant Bully coupon? Gotta get some credit so I can pay off Bioshock somehow...

The image someone posted is a little too squashed...

Hm. I'm tempted to trade-in Twilight Princess just because it's been sitting unfinished since I got my Wii, and $35 + more if I can put it to Halo 3 would be quite keen. I also have Transformers Wii as a present that I don't want, so I'm hoping the $20 value in the Wiki is still applicable. $20 + $10 = $30 for the fall onslaught of games.

I'm pissed that I traded in Red Steel and SPM already at FYE a few weeks ago. :(

[quote name='io']Wow, anywhere from $40 to $60, and it seems mostly U.S. buyers.[/quote]I started a thread about that a while back. Too many people are scheisters and love to take advantage of people new to gaming or anyone who isn't that bright to begin with. Okay, you HAVE the game free with your Wii purchase. You don't actually need to buy it again.

[quote name='Kingfalcon']I think I would feel bad about doing that, though, because I always get so angry when I want to buy a used game but it is disc-only. I guess I'd have to decide if it's worth adding to the pile of disc-only used games out there.[/quote]There are a few people here who do the disc-only trade in, and hold onto the caseart/instructions for later. Personally, this drives me nuts. So long as the game stores accept disc-only trades, that's their right so I'm not implying otherwise.

But it takes so little effort to take good care of discs, their cases and instructions, and we still see scads of crappy condition games and disc only games in the stores. argh.

Yay! Thanks OP, finally got rid of the horrid Wii Play and Mario Party 8 collecting dust. I dunno why people think it's so supremely fun when you play with friends... my friends and I got bored with it after 2 or 3 boards.

Just came back from trading in Transformers Wii for $30 after coupon, although the manager wouldn't let me stack the bonus with the 20 percent bonus toward a Halo 3 preorder. Blargh. I'll likely be back tomorrow to trade in Twilight Princess.

[quote name='guinaevere']I started a thread about that a while back. Too many people are scheisters and love to take advantage of people new to gaming or anyone who isn't that bright to begin with. Okay, you HAVE the game free with your Wii purchase. You don't actually need to buy it again.
[/quote]

I think that it might just be that people broke/lost their copy of the game, and since their are so few extra copies out there (nobody else wants to sell theirs) it is going for a high price. I doubt most people are actually stupid enough to not realize that it comes with the system.

Before anyone goes and trades Excite Truck in, run it by me first. Tell me what GS is going to give you and I'll see if I can match it.

I may offload Resident Evil 4 for $25 ($5 more than I paid for it) just because, for the life of me, I CANNOT get into that game. That and I have Twilight Princess and Super Paper Mario which need love more than RE does. Maybe I'll put it towards Metroid Prime 3 to get the extra 10% as well.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']It's not stackable, not without an override. And even then I don't know if it will work.[/quote]

if the guy is really in need of a preorder, you could pull a 'ill walk out that door right now' until he overrides it for you

I think I'm going to have to get rid of Paper Mario now. Its way too slow for me to replay and getting close to MSRP for it is too sweet to pass on.

Anyone have any problems with them taking the printed coupon?

[quote name='CouRageouS']Anyone have any problems with them taking the printed coupon?[/QUOTE]

The coupon came in an email, so it has to be a printed copy

[quote name='CouRageouS']I think I'm going to have to get rid of Paper Mario now. Its way too slow for me to replay and getting close to MSRP for it is too sweet to pass on.

Anyone have any problems with them taking the printed coupon?[/QUOTE]
That's the only way it's available. It was sent in an email with the weekly specials.

Flipping Ant Bully is not such a good deal any longer. It's only worth $5 before the coupon. 2 days of this left, so get in on the deal.

For the wiki:

NBA 2K7 (PS3): $10

I got $21 after coupon and Edge card. Not too bad for an old sports game. Can't wait for 2K8!

I traded in Twilight Princess for 35 bucks. This is the first time I traded in for store credit. I received a card marked "edge". Is this the card that everyone is talking about?

[quote name='OnChkMnDS']I traded in Twilight Princess for 35 bucks. This is the first time I traded in for store credit. I received a card marked "edge". Is this the card that everyone is talking about?[/QUOTE]

Nope.

[quote name='imacgod']Nope.[/quote]

it needs that yellow sticker that has a diff number than the one on your 'edge card' i have heard though from a little birdie you can get them to reprint an existing account and stick it on there. but i think thats illegal :)

Here's some weak shit:

I went in with two games and two coupons. They didn't even know about the coupons, so they scoured the fine print. Said I couldn't use two on one visit. I asked if I could just leave and come back, but they said I needed to come back another day. I wasn't too happy about that.

[quote name='jaso']Here's some weak shit:

I went in with two games and two coupons. They didn't even know about the coupons, so they scoured the fine print. Said I couldn't use two on one visit. I asked if I could just leave and come back, but they said I needed to come back another day. I wasn't too happy about that.[/quote]

lol...it irks me when they start examining the coupon or dont know a current promo...i just wanna smack them across the face and tell them to read there own damn promotions

Yeah, but what can you do, right? I mean, he did have Gamestop author-i-tah.

By the way, in case anyone was wondering, Red Steel trades in at $8, not $12 reported in the Wiki as of two months ago. So, $18 with coupon.

[quote name='Jedi1979']lol...it irks me when they start examining the coupon or dont know a current promo...i just wanna smack them across the face and tell them to read there own damn promotions[/quote]

the worst is when they assume you made them yourself and treat you like a freaking criminal. combined with the fact that they dont read their own coupons, that behavior does warrent a call to corporate or dm

[quote name='monkeydeew']the worst is when they assume you made them yourself and treat you like a freaking criminal. combined with the fact that they dont read their own coupons, that behavior does warrent a call to corporate or dm[/QUOTE]
But does a call to corporate end up doing anything? Never done it before.

bread's done
Back