10% Off Amazon Gaming Purchases and Other Perks with ECA Membership

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaoz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
CheapyD update - (The discount codes are presently unique one-time use coupons. Members should download one coupon per game, one game per cart. Multi-time use individually-assigned codes are coming soon.)

[img-l=5198]6006[/img-l]Get 10% off all your Amazon gaming purchases for a year and receive other special benefits by joining the ECA, a non-profit advocacy organization which is dedicated to defending and advancing the interests of gamers.

icon4.gif
Join the ECA $14.99 (college students & military), others $19.99

Complete list of discounts/benfits [hiddenlist]
Discounted games sales/rental offerings from:

• Amazon.com - download a code from the Benefits section to use at Amazon.com towards 10% off your games purchases. If you buy three or more games a year, this benefit alone makes being a member worth it.
  • Direct2Drive.com - download your code from the ECA's exclusive member benefits section to use at Direct2Drive.com towards 10% off your game purchases.Direct2Drive's easy and secure system lets you download full pc games, arcade games, anime, game guides, and comics from home instead of dealing with waiting time and inventory stock-outs. Check out thier site for the best way to buy!
  • GameFly - is offering ECA members a 30-day free trial to their video game rental service.
  • Good Old Games - a leading destination for download-to-own DRM-free classic PC games, is offering members 20% off of new game purchases.
  • Newegg/Patriot Gaming - get $10 off when you buy select memory sticks.
Discounted admission/access offerings from:

• NYComiCon - is offering members a discount on the price of admission.
  • Penny Arcade Expo (PAX) - members receive 10% off the price of admission to the Penny Arcade Expo in Seattle, Washington for pre-registrants.
  • TooManyGames - get $1 off entry to gaming community events.
  • VGXPO - America's Video Game Expo is offering 10% discounted admission.
Discounted/Free Trial offerings from:

• GameJobs - ECA members receive free resume uploads at GameJobs.com, the leading job board and career site serving the games business.
  • Hyatt Hotels - members receive a 5-10% discount on room rates at Hyatt Hotels throughout the US and Canada.
  • Prima Publishing - get 10% off of over 500 hint book and strategy guides.
  • Warcry - ECA members are invited to take advantage of a 30-day free trial membership in the Warcry Network's "Choice" program.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
The codes are universal now... I entered one last night and haven't had to enter any more since then. I made 5 orders (well, 4 were older orders I canceled so I could take advantage of the extra 10%) and I only entered the codes the first time and noticed my discount showed up automatically after that.

I just added a game to my cart and am at the "place your order" page and no discount.

The last order I placed with the discount code was this morning at 9am pst... so I don't know how to get it to stick...

my email is consistent so that's not an issue.

hmmm...... :(

[quote name='Vinny']The codes are universal now... I entered one last night and haven't had to enter any more since then. I made 5 orders (well, 4 were older orders I canceled so I could take advantage of the extra 10%) and I only entered the codes the first time and noticed my discount showed up automatically after that.[/quote]
Same here
It just keeps getting better and better!

Just signed up and did a bunch of preorders on Amazon. Having to get a new code for every game is a little annoying, but 10% off is awesome!!! I'll easily save more than the $20 fee.

Signed up. Thanks OP. I know this code will come in handy because i practically order every game from amazon. Used the college email and then switched it to my regular email to match my amazon. Hopefully that doesn't fuck it up.

So I just joined(?) the ECA, but it never asked me for money and I don't see a way to get a code. Apparently I just signed up for the newsletter? I've been on the internets for many years but I can't figure how to join for real.

Edit: Nevermind they just sent me a separate email confirmation apart from the newsletter. All should be good now.

[quote name='Tom Ato']So I just joined(?) the ECA, but it never asked me for money and I don't see a way to get a code. Apparently I just signed up for the newsletter? I've been on the internets for many years but I can't figure how to join for real.

Edit: Nevermind they just sent me a separate email confirmation apart from the newsletter. All should be good now.[/QUOTE]

They will send you an email with a link. When you follow the link, it will take you to the checkout page to enter purchase info.

[quote name='PrototypeM']Is it still only one game per order?[/QUOTE]

I'd like to know this as well since this may decide it for me. I usually only order really cheap games and get the free super saver shipping, so I need it to work on multiple games at once for it to be a benefit for me.

[quote name='Josef']I'd like to know this as well since this may decide it for me. I usually only order really cheap games and get the free super saver shipping, so I need it to work on multiple games at once for it to be a benefit for me.[/quote]

I just tried it with a $22 game and a $28 game, it gave me 10% off the cheaper title only. I was still eligible for FSSS.

Next I tried adding a $10 book to the order and I still got 10% off the game. So I believe you can buy a cheap game and anything as a filler item and still get 10% off the cheapest game.

Joining today. Too bad I don't have an edu e-mail address. I go to evening classes at a private college and never received a college e-mail address. Talked to my advisor and she didn't know if I could get one. Just a little ridiculous for $450 a credit.

I actually do have an EDU address, but I didn't use it. I figure $5 is no big deal, and I want to support this place.

This deal + Amazon Prime = AWESOME.

I may never purchase a game anywhere else until 2010. I just hope Amazon doesn't re-think and pull the offer -- it has to be costing them a fortune.

[quote name='Decker']This deal + Amazon Prime = AWESOME.

I may never purchase a game anywhere else until 2010. I just hope Amazon doesn't re-think and pull the offer -- it has to be costing them a fortune.[/quote]

no, this deal + amazon prime + no tax = MORE AWESOMES!!

For anyone that has a gift card balance in their Amazon account:

Is there any way to stop from automatically applying those credits to your purchases? I'm trying to save it for a new TV purchase in a few weeks. Unfortunately, everytime I do change payment options to not include the gift card, the 10% also comes off my order. Then when I put in a new code, it automatically wants to use those credits again.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']For anyone that has a gift card balance in their Amazon account:

Is there any way to stop from automatically applying those credits to your purchases? I'm trying to save it for a new TV purchase in a few weeks. Unfortunately, everytime I do change payment options to not include the gift card, the 10% also comes off my order. Then when I put in a new code, it automatically wants to use those credits again.[/QUOTE]

Yeah : When you're at the check out screen, select the "Choose another form of payment" option on the right hand side. From that screen, you can unclick the "Use this credit" box and the amount will remain untouched.

Broke down and got one for 20. I figure if I get the Beatles Special Edition alone it will pay for it plus I buy a ton of games from them. Thanks again OP.

[quote name='Decker']Yeah : When you're at the check out screen, select the "Choose another form of payment" option on the right hand side. From that screen, you can unclick the "Use this credit" box and the amount will remain untouched.[/quote]Yeah, I realize that. I deselect the credit, but then it also takes off the 10% as well. Then when I try to use another code, it automatically reselects my Amazon gift card credit.

Circuit City had the same deal with the Gamer Savings Club but was only valid in store.. i miss CC :cry:

Check the deal in my sig

[quote name='isofan1']Circuit City had the same deal with the Gamer Savings Club but was only valid in store.. i miss CC :cry:

Check the deal in my sig[/quote]

But you also had to pay tax.

Hmm, I signed up but I can't seem to get to the area where it ask you for a for membership payment. Anyone else having this issue?

[quote name='SteveMcQ']For anyone that has a gift card balance in their Amazon account:

Is there any way to stop from automatically applying those credits to your purchases? I'm trying to save it for a new TV purchase in a few weeks. Unfortunately, everytime I do change payment options to not include the gift card, the 10% also comes off my order. Then when I put in a new code, it automatically wants to use those credits again.[/quote]

Why would it matter if youre eventually going to spend it anyway?

[quote name='hhhdx4']Why would it matter if youre eventually going to spend it anyway?[/quote]I'd rather use up the credit on a big purchase I'll be receiving soon and knock the out-of-pocket money I'll have to spend on it, rather than use it on a $50 game pre-order that I won't be getting for a few months.

[quote name='Darvan']Hmm, I signed up but I can't seem to get to the area where it ask you for a for membership payment. Anyone else having this issue?[/QUOTE]

Read the last few pages of the thread, specifically page 15.

Or try using that Search thread button. It can answer your questions faster...

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I'd rather use up the credit on a big purchase I'll be receiving soon and knock the out-of-pocket money I'll have to spend on it, rather than use it on a $50 game pre-order that I won't be getting for a few months.[/quote]

Exactly. Got my new laptop the same way; out of pocket cash was almost nothing. As you say, using your credits on pre-orders seems a waste to me.

N.gif

[quote name='Decker']This deal + Amazon Prime = AWESOME.

I may never purchase a game anywhere else until 2010. I just hope Amazon doesn't re-think and pull the offer -- it has to be costing them a fortune.[/quote]

well look at it this way amazon would rather have 90% of your money rather than 0%.

if this partnership can increase there volume of sales, it more than makes up for a 10% discount.

Am I doing something wrong? I just tried applying the code to an order with Breakdown and Indigo Prophecy, and it says it doesn't count.

I guess Indigo Prophecy wouldn't. It qualifies for free shipping through Amazon, even though it's listed as "Max Rack, Inc. dba KAMCO International". Whatever that means.

But Breakdown is sold through Amazon...so why isn't it working?

EDIT: I tried doing Breakdown by itself, but it still gives me the error:

Important Messages
We're sorry, but the promotional code you entered cannot be applied to this purchase. Please refer to your promotional coupon for information about item or store restrictions.

I recently had all my (and my wife's) DS games, along my PSP, her DS, etc... stolen from my house.

The CAG price tracker showed alot of the games having the lowest (or damn near lowest price) at Amazon. Getting an ECA membership, and 10% Amazon discount would work great toward replacing everything lost. Unfortunately, since about half of them wouldn't qualify for FSS by themselves, and the 10% discount seems to only apply to the cheapest game, I think I'd rather wait until it applies to all games in the order.

[quote name='Darvan']Hmm, I signed up but I can't seem to get to the area where it ask you for a for membership payment. Anyone else having this issue?[/quote]

I am having the same problem.

[quote name='sapient']I am having the same problem.[/quote]

Ditto. I already sent them two email about the issue and after one week I'm still without a reply from them :bomb:

[quote name='sapient']I am having the same problem.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SniperREX']Ditto. I already sent them two email about the issue and after one week I'm still without a reply from them :bomb:[/QUOTE]

It would help if you read even a few comments up on the page

check out comment 369.

[quote name='bywaytm']It would help if you read even a few comments up on the page

check out comment 369.
[/quote]

I read that. Anyway I finally got it. You have to go to the ECA website and after you log in you have to click on edit your membership info and finally click on resend validation email.

Anyway they should fix the process. It shouldn't be so hard to join :roll:.

[quote name='SniperREX']I read that. Anyway I finally got it. You have to go to the ECA website and after you log in you have to click on edit your membership info and finally click on resend validation email.

Anyway they should fix the process. It shouldn't be so hard to join :roll:.[/quote]
You should have gotten the email automatically (I did), then it wouldn't have seemed so hard.

[quote name='Lucian']You should have gotten the email automatically (I did), then it wouldn't have seemed so hard.[/quote]

That's my point. There is something wrong with their emailing system.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Am I doing something wrong? I just tried applying the code to an order with Breakdown and Indigo Prophecy, and it says it doesn't count.

I guess Indigo Prophecy wouldn't. It qualifies for free shipping through Amazon, even though it's listed as "Max Rack, Inc. dba KAMCO International". Whatever that means.

But Breakdown is sold through Amazon...so why isn't it working?

EDIT: I tried doing Breakdown by itself, but it still gives me the error:

Important Messages
We're sorry, but the promotional code you entered cannot be applied to this purchase. Please refer to your promotional coupon for information about item or store restrictions.[/QUOTE]

Nobody knows what's going on with this? I'd like to order those games for this week :whistle2:/

[quote name='Wolfpup']Nobody knows what's going on with this? I'd like to order those games for this week :whistle2:/[/QUOTE]

I saw your post and tried it. Wouldn't go for me. Go to ECA forum and post about it in the most relevant sub-forum you can find. You could also try emailing Amazon but that may not be so useful...

[quote name='Lucian']You should have gotten the email automatically (I did), then it wouldn't have seemed so hard.[/quote]

No automagic email for me either.

N.gif

[quote name='prateeko']I saw your post and tried it. Wouldn't go for me. Go to ECA forum and post about it in the most relevant sub-forum you can find. You could also try emailing Amazon but that may not be so useful...[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Do you know if it works for you with other games? Maybe it's because they're cheap or something.

Well, anyway, thanks. I might try posting in their forums.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Am I doing something wrong? I just tried applying the code to an order with Breakdown and Indigo Prophecy, and it says it doesn't count.

I guess Indigo Prophecy wouldn't. It qualifies for free shipping through Amazon, even though it's listed as "Max Rack, Inc. dba KAMCO International". Whatever that means.[/quote]

It means its not being sold by Amazon, but the order is being fulfilled by them. Amazon is doing the packing and shipping, but is not the actual seller. That's why it's not eligible for the discount.

EDIT:
Oops...I misread part of your post.
Perhaps the reason Breakdown doesn't work is because it's priced at $4.99 and would only get you a $0.50 discount? It seems like the system does some rounding up and this might throw it off somehow. Just a theory.
Note: March Madness 07 $5.49 worked

So how do you apply the 10% off at checkout at Amazon throughout the year? Do they keep supplying members with discount codes or something? I'm interested in joining but this just seems way to good to be true.

[quote name='Maklershed']So how do you apply the 10% off at checkout at Amazon throughout the year? Do they keep supplying members with discount codes or something? I'm interested in joining but this just seems way to good to be true.[/quote]
After you join, you get access to a page that you can generate a one-time use coupon code.

[quote name='Maklershed']But you can generate multiple codes right?[/quote]
Yes, one at a time. Only 1 code per order and it only applies to one game in the order currently. Supposedly, they are working on getting it to work so that it will apply to your Amazon account so it will apply to every qualifying order automatically, but right now we have the code generator process.

I got mine last week and it already has paid for itself with just a few orders.

[quote name='ryosnk']Would I be able to use it on something other than gaming related, like a few books?

Thanks.[/quote]

Read the OP, gaming purchases only.

Just signed up and used an Amazon code for my future brother-in-law's bday gift :)ps3: Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 2). Great incentive to buy new games.

Two years ago, I bought all my games from Gamestop. As Amazon has improved, I have moved to getting about 95% of my games at Amazon. With this ECA membership, I think I'll be closer to 99.99%. :) The only holdout will be those rare Sunday releases that I want ASAP.

Yeah, this thing is great. I just wish it worked on a cart of like 3 games and took 10% off the total, but in the mean time, this is still pretty awesome. Guess I'll just have to do orders of 1 game and 1 Blu from now on to get FSSS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back