10% Off Amazon Gaming Purchases and Other Perks with ECA Membership

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaoz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
CheapyD update - (The discount codes are presently unique one-time use coupons. Members should download one coupon per game, one game per cart. Multi-time use individually-assigned codes are coming soon.)

[img-l=5198]6006[/img-l]Get 10% off all your Amazon gaming purchases for a year and receive other special benefits by joining the ECA, a non-profit advocacy organization which is dedicated to defending and advancing the interests of gamers.

icon4.gif
Join the ECA $14.99 (college students & military), others $19.99

Complete list of discounts/benfits [hiddenlist]
Discounted games sales/rental offerings from:

• Amazon.com - download a code from the Benefits section to use at Amazon.com towards 10% off your games purchases. If you buy three or more games a year, this benefit alone makes being a member worth it.
  • Direct2Drive.com - download your code from the ECA's exclusive member benefits section to use at Direct2Drive.com towards 10% off your game purchases.Direct2Drive's easy and secure system lets you download full pc games, arcade games, anime, game guides, and comics from home instead of dealing with waiting time and inventory stock-outs. Check out thier site for the best way to buy!
  • GameFly - is offering ECA members a 30-day free trial to their video game rental service.
  • Good Old Games - a leading destination for download-to-own DRM-free classic PC games, is offering members 20% off of new game purchases.
  • Newegg/Patriot Gaming - get $10 off when you buy select memory sticks.
Discounted admission/access offerings from:

• NYComiCon - is offering members a discount on the price of admission.
  • Penny Arcade Expo (PAX) - members receive 10% off the price of admission to the Penny Arcade Expo in Seattle, Washington for pre-registrants.
  • TooManyGames - get $1 off entry to gaming community events.
  • VGXPO - America's Video Game Expo is offering 10% discounted admission.
Discounted/Free Trial offerings from:

• GameJobs - ECA members receive free resume uploads at GameJobs.com, the leading job board and career site serving the games business.
  • Hyatt Hotels - members receive a 5-10% discount on room rates at Hyatt Hotels throughout the US and Canada.
  • Prima Publishing - get 10% off of over 500 hint book and strategy guides.
  • Warcry - ECA members are invited to take advantage of a 30-day free trial membership in the Warcry Network's "Choice" program.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DustoMan']Code is software only and will only work on a single item.[/quote]
If you have more than one software in an order (think cheap filler), would the discount coupon apply to the most expensive one or the cheap one?

Signed up today using my college e-mail and used it successfully on inFamous and Devil Summoner 2. It's basically paid for 2/3 of itself from those two alone.

Looks like I'm going to be using this a lot this year.

[quote name='eau']If you have more than one software in an order (think cheap filler), would the discount coupon apply to the most expensive one or the cheap one?[/quote]

It applies to the cheaper of the 2.

[quote name='menikmati']Signed up today using my college e-mail and used it successfully on inFamous and Devil Summoner 2. It's basically paid for 2/3 of itself from those two alone.

Looks like I'm going to be using this a lot this year.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this thing is badass. I already saved roughly $25 in two weeks so I'm $11 ahead at the moment. This is easily one of the best discounts ever.

[quote name='menikmati']Signed up today using my college e-mail and used it successfully on inFamous and Devil Summoner 2. It's basically paid for 2/3 of itself from those two alone.

Looks like I'm going to be using this a lot this year.[/quote]

I signed up today and pre-ordered Ghostbusters and Cross Edge. This is the best thing to ever happen.

I have experimented ECA codes on the following items. Here are my results:

World of Warcraft Battlechest: Yes
Wii Fit: Yes
The Beatles Rock Band Bundle preorder: Yes
Punchout Wii preorder: Yes
Wii Remote: Yes
Wii Points Card: Yes
PlayStation 3 Bluetooth Headset: Yes
PlayStation 3 HDMI Cables: Yes
Resident Evil 5 Strategy Guide: No
Gaming Mouse: No
PlayStation 3 Uncharted Bundle: No
Nintendo Wii: No
XBox Live Points Digital Code: No

Based on these tests, it looks like the codes work on PC/video game software, software bundles, and all video game accessories. Hope this info helps others. :D

[quote name='Wolfpup']Nice! I should get another Playstation HDMI cable to replace my dead Xbox one.[/QUOTE]

Don't. Get some HDMI cables at monoprice.com and save yourself from buying overpriced cables for the same quality. ;)

See I don't know. After having a Microsoft cable go bad, I'm even MORE iffy about going that route :whistle2:/

[quote name='Wolfpup']See I don't know. After having a Microsoft cable go bad, I'm even MORE iffy about going that route :whistle2:/[/quote]

Cables go bad, there is no getting around that. Which would suck more? A $20 cable going bad or a $5 one. You have basically the same chances and monprice's build quality is great.

I signed up today. Re-did my orders for Devil Survivor for DS, Devil Summoner 2, and used it to knock a few bucks off the wireless headset currently on sale for 360.

So its almost paid for itself already.

120 gb Xbox 360 HD showed up in my gold box today. So I told myself that if the ECA discount applied I would buy it.

Lo and behold: discount applied (-$13 ). Between this and my Devil Summoner 2 preorder I've already recouped my membership. (and I'm supporting an organization that furthers the image of my favorite hobby)

welp I'll chime in. Used it on Sacred 2 and inFAMOUS so 2/3 of the way on savings! awesome to know I could save on those astro gaming headphones, been looking at those, yet those are super expensive still hah

Just pre-ordered Infamous and re-ordered Arkham Asylum after first canceling it; I'm already over halfway to covering the cost of the membership.

[quote name='Wolfpup']I've NEVER had a cable go bad before though...[/quote]

Well that just means you were due. ;)
Buy from monoprice; you'll get no difference in quality.

Thanks - I usually go to the New York Comic Con, and I sometimes buy games on-line.

EDIT: Did anyone have trouble registering? There hasn't been an option to pay for the membership so far, and as a result, I'm logged in but I don't have access to any of the member exclusive pages.

It's a little confusing, perhaps the op should be updated.
You sign up, and you get an email from them. Then you get another email that when you click-through it takes you to the checkout page where you input payment information and really become a member.
There may be a lag of a few hours or even more than a day between the first welcome email and the email with the link to sign up(also check your spam folder).
And during the time between when you sign up and get the 1st email and when you get the email with the pay for membership link, you can confusingly log on to the website.

[quote name='vherub']It's a little confusing, perhaps the op should be updated.
You sign up, and you get an email from them. Then you get another email that when you click-through it takes you to the checkout page where you input payment information and really become a member.
There may be a lag of a few hours or even more than a day between the first welcome email and the email with the link to sign up(also check your spam folder).
And during the time between when you sign up and get the 1st email and when you get the email with the pay for membership link, you can confusingly log on to the website.[/quote]

Thanks, I think there's just a huge lag between the time I sign up and when I can actually get the e-mail.

Hey, would someone do me a favor and see if this works for Wii Sports Resort as well as the Wii MotionPlus units?

For the MotionPlus, I suppose you'd need Prime for the deal to be slick.

Thanks!

[quote name='guyver2077']blah my college email does not end in edu... im trying to get it for 14.99[/quote]

Mine does, and I'm guessing that's what's causing the problem.

[quote name='pagster']Hey, would someone do me a favor and see if this works for Wii Sports Resort as well as the Wii MotionPlus units?

For the MotionPlus, I suppose you'd need Prime for the deal to be slick.

Thanks![/quote]

It works on both

OKay i read the main page and some other random pages but dident see the answer. Is this multi use code?

or is this one time only?

Or is this as many times as we want but just 1 game per cart and have separate orders.

[quote name='s2k']OKay i read the main page and some other random pages but dident see the answer. Is this multi use code?

or is this one time only?

Or is this as many times as we want but just 1 game per cart and have separate orders.[/quote]

all you have to do is look at the first post

CheapyD update - (The discount codes are presently unique one-time use coupons. Members should download one coupon per game, one game per cart. Multi-time use individually-assigned codes are coming soon.)

[quote name='dragon_image18']I can't figure out how to get the student discount here. It just added the "regular" to my account. Anyone have any success with this?[/quote]

Did you use a college e-mail that ends in edu?

[quote name='terra-kun']Amazon needs to stop with the tax.[/QUOTE]

No tax for me! I love amazon. Free 2 day shipping, free release day delivery, discount almost always, now this discount. I'm getting the special edition of batman for $27 off if I were to buy it at retail. That's crazy

[quote name='PrototypeM']If I buy a game that's over $25, but when I use the code that drops it under $25, will I still get the free shipping?[/quote]
Amazon doesn't sell any games that are $25. the game closest to that price was 27.99, and after the discount the total was $25.12.

[quote name='PrototypeM']If I buy a game that's over $25, but when I use the code that drops it under $25, will I still get the free shipping?[/QUOTE]

Someone covered that in this thread, and yep, it's before discounts apparently! :)

[quote name='KongaKing']No tax for me! I love amazon. Free 2 day shipping, free release day delivery, discount almost always, now this discount. I'm getting the special edition of batman for $27 off if I were to buy it at retail. That's crazy[/quote]
Same here! \\:D/ This membership rules!

I might sign up, I keep reading about people who got offers for free memberships which is what I am looking for. Any info on how to get a free one?

[quote name='GenPirate']I might sign up, I keep reading about people who got offers for free memberships which is what I am looking for. Any info on how to get a free one?[/quote]
That's the CAG spirit!

[quote name='Wildcat1080']I read the first post, still sounded as unclear as the official ECA wording.[/QUOTE]

I guess it hasn't been updated in a while, but yes, it is 10% off all year long.

Also, is there a reason why this isn't a sticky?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back