$10 off PS All-Stars Battle Royale Vita, $10 off MLB 12 Vita, $5 off Nintendo Selects

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)

Save $10 on PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
Offer valid for Reward Zone® Gamers Club members only. PS Vita only.
In store only.

$24.99 Mass Effect 3 for PC
Save $5. Offer valid for Reward Zone® Gamers Club members only.
In store only.

Save $5 on Any Nintendo Selects Wii Game
Offer valid for Reward Zone® Gamers Club members only.
In store only.

Get $10 off MLB 12: The Show for PS Vita
Step up to the plate and get ready for MLB 12: The Show. The fall classic is back and better than ever on the PlayStation Vita. For a limited time, members get $10 off.
In store only.

Offers expire 01/19/2013, in-store only!

You must "claim offer" on the MyRZ.com website or Best Buy smartphone app for the discount to show up. No need to print the coupon out. If done correctly a prompt should come up on the cashier's screen to accept the package discount.

*Offer(s) might be different depending on, if you are GC Unlocked, or GC Regular. All offers I post will be based on GC Unlocked since I am a GC Unlocked member*

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='parkerwilson']Yep it does, grabbed one myself after returning a router to BB today, also got a second Witcher 2.[/QUOTE]

ty, just making sure :)

[quote name='parkerwilson']Yep it does, grabbed one myself after returning a router to BB today, also got a second Witcher 2.[/QUOTE]

How to get a second? I thought it was tied to your account?

[quote name='TooPoor']How to get a second? I thought it was tied to your account?[/QUOTE]

that is the loophole, there is actually no limit to how many you can get. ppl had been abusing since modern warfare 3/ twisted metal deal

[quote name='emeraldgsl']stores all around me are sold out. Asked the gaming guy if I can do ship to store and use my coupon. He tried it an it worked. Should be at the store in about 6 days. Sweet.

10.xx total[/QUOTE]

Awesome! Thanks. Someone posted horror stories about online store pickup invalidating the coupon. I assume they charged you when you placed the order? I ask because if they charge at pickup it mightbe after 9/15 for me.

^Yes, I was charged when I ordered. I got a store pickup email and then an "item is backordered" email, but it says the order will be fulfilled in 7-30 days...weird but I still expect it to arrive soon.

[quote name='YBX87']that is the loophole, there is actually no limit to how many you can get. ppl had been abusing since modern warfare 3/ twisted metal deal[/QUOTE]

I was wondering about this last month when every transaction on my RZ list would have the Legend of Zelda Coupon Sku on it. It is basically always there when you activate it I guess.

You can see here that the coupons are always applied to your transaction even if you do not buy the game.

Description Quantity SKU Price Total
X360-SLEEPING DOGS 1 4980179 $10.57 $10.57
X360-DARKSIDERS II LIMITED EDI 1 3905186 $10.57 $10.57
REWARD ZONE PREMIER SILVER 1 6094175 $0.00 $0.00
SAVE $30 ONMAX PAYNE 3 X360/PS 1 6575011 $0.00 $0.00
SV $30 WITCHER 2: ASSASSINS OF 1 6574959 $0.00 $0.00

RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT 1 3346036 $0.00 $0.00
BONUS RZ POINTS 1 6602525 $0.00 $0.00
X360-PROTOTYPE 2 1 3431061 $0.00 $0.00
PS3-BATTLEFIELD 3 STANDARD EDI 1 3668284 $0.00 $0.00
$30 OFF BATTLEFIELD 3 PS3 ONLY 1 6558967 $0.00 $0.00
$30 OFF PROTOTYPE 2 X360/PS3 1 6553043 $0.00 $0.00
REWARD ZONE GAMERS CLUB UNLOCK 1 3081375 $5.29 $5.29
GAMER PHYSICAL-10 ISSUE SUBSCR 1 3346063 $0.00 $0.00
Subtotal
(Sales Tax does not earn points) Sales Tax
Total $26.43
$1.89
$28.32

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='emeraldgsl']^Yes, I was charged when I ordered. I got a store pickup email and then an "item is backordered" email, but it says the order will be fulfilled in 7-30 days...weird but I still expect it to arrive soon.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thanks. I am totally getting in on that.

[quote name='emeraldgsl']^Yes, I was charged when I ordered. I got a store pickup email and then an "item is backordered" email, but it says the order will be fulfilled in 7-30 days...weird but I still expect it to arrive soon.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info, I was starting to give up on this since all the BBY near me are sold out. Will definitely try this tomorrow.

On Thursday I asked a BB employee to check the stock of the Witcher 2 at the surrounding stores. He told me "We are getting in two copies tomorrow." I was like "how do you know?" I looked at the screen and it showed the two copies that were coming in. He said he was getting a shipment Friday at 7am and that he was going to be there to unload it. Sure enough, the two copies came in on Friday just like he said. I couldn't make it to the store until about 8:30pm, but I got lucky because they were both there.

I ended up buying both. One for me and one for my friend who literally freaked out with excitement when I told him "I might be getting the Witcher 2 for Xbox 360 for $9.99 on Friday." I just used my reward zone account for one and my friends reward zone account for the second one.

Thanks very much OP. I probably won't find this game brand new for less $9.99 for quite some time. Maybe never.

Well after reading the last page thanks everyone for the response :D

I guess I need to use my phone to have the coupon since it didn't give me the $10 price after scanning my card , but it is a new card so maybe that's why? weird

I'll assume it's gone though :p, time to go hunting for the witcher 2

I struck out today.

No copies of Witcher to be found at my store. I asked the guy manning the gaming corner/booth/whatever and apparently a couple copies are getting shipped in. I tried to see if I could order one or something to guarantee a copy, but the only advice I got was to call everyday, ask if the shipment came in, and ask that they hold the copy.

So now I get to annoy the poor doofus at customer service every day until it comes in and hope the person I talk to is nice enough to hold it until I get around to picking it up in a week.

[quote name='theking20']Well after reading the last page thanks everyone for the response :D

I guess I need to use my phone to have the coupon since it didn't give me the $10 price after scanning my card , but it is a new card so maybe that's why? weird

I'll assume it's gone though :p, time to go hunting for the witcher 2[/QUOTE]

It doesn't show immediately after adding your account to the transaction, I think the prompt came up after he hit total to apply the coupon. Did you get that far?

I bought my copy last Sunday (9/2). I went in on Wednesday for them to do a price-check because Monday (9/3) the price dropped... and I got stonewalled. I was told $20 was still a good deal and there was nothing they could really do.

Eventually they let me print off the coupon again and we did a return and re-buy. I also bought Max Payne 3 for $30 and Mass Effect 3 for $20. Anyone have any advice for if/when either of these games drop in the next 30 days.

I'm having trouble debating if I should get mgs hd for vita. I haven't played mgs2 or 3. I really wish it was a bit cheaper. Do you guys think it will drop to 20 or lower on black friday?

The only BB that's not an hour drive away for me shows ship-to-store only :( I guess I could drive up to try my luck.

But if I have to buy it ship-to-store, and go in before the coupon expires and present it... will they honor it?

slowdive ,

here is a pic of the shirt they gave me, though the man just handed me the shirt it was in a baggie but the bag had no yellow stickers or any stickers on it.

mail

Got the last Witcher 2 enhanced edition at the Kannapolis, NC location. $10 is a great deal as it also comes with a soundtrack, quest guide, and a map!

went to Flushing NY Best Buy to get MGS Vita. Sold out. Rego Park had 1 left. Mind you this was like 12 in the afternoon. i went there like 830pm just for the hell of it. Looked around, couldnt find it, rep said there was 1 left. looked again, it was hiding behind some other Vita games. Score! $25.

My BB was out of The Witcher 2. The CSR said that every store in the area had copies on order but didn't know when they would come in. He said one store was getting in 4 at that was the largest shipment.

[quote name='slowdive21']Someone bought the 3 witcher 2s that my store had the other day. Hopefully it is not a deleted sku.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dominator']Dammit if I had known you can pick up another copy I would have. Hopefully the price doesn't go back to 50.[/QUOTE]

I thought the promotion was limited to 1 per rewardzone account.

Just wanted to give a big THANKS to CAG for pointing out this deal. I actually didn't notice it from this thread since I didn't know that the MSRP was $39.99. Someone else reposted it as it's own deal and that's what caught my eye.

Went in to BB today and they didn't have any on the floor but the guy said he thought he remembered seeing one in the back, went to check, and there it was! Been looking to pick this up for a while, so once again, THANKS!

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']I thought the promotion was limited to 1 per rewardzone account.[/QUOTE]

It says that but people figure out ways around it.

I see it's still $39.99 today which is good.

Pissed at best buy right now. Witcher 2 (enhanced edition) Wasn't in stock at the 2 closest to me, but I figured I could go a bit further to the next closest one, where it said it was in stock.

Well, it wasn't, the guy said the online availability was slow to update (an hour later and now it says they don't have it there), but according to his computer, there were 3 in stock at a store 20 minutes away (and 15 minutes further from my house than the one where I was). Well, I decided it would be worthwhile, so I went there, and they said that not only did they not have it, they haven't had it for a week and people have been coming in and asking about it. It still shows in stock in their system and online. That's terrible inventory management; if it's not there, if you don't have it, then not fixing it for a week is just not acceptable.

And I plan on saying just that when I call to complain. Perhaps I'll get a reward certificate for enough to pay for the gas and/or time I wasted because of their incompetence.

Thanks OP ;-) Was able to find me a copy of the Witcher 2 and also got to use my $5 Reward Zone Certificate so I paid a total of $5.39..

Question...bought and used The Witcher 2 with $30 off coupon on Monday (9/3) to make it $10.

If I print out the the coupon again and go to a different store to use it, would it still work?

Every time I go to my Best Buy to use coupons, they are out of half the games I'm trying to buy. I would understand more if I were in a bigger area and they were just sold out, but they don't even stock half the games. Why oh why can't they just link the coupons to your unlocked account and let you buy them online?

[quote name='Skydude']Pissed at best buy right now. Witcher 2 (enhanced edition) Wasn't in stock at the 2 closest to me, but I figured I could go a bit further to the next closest one, where it said it was in stock.

Well, it wasn't, the guy said the online availability was slow to update (an hour later and now it says they don't have it there), but according to his computer, there were 3 in stock at a store 20 minutes away (and 15 minutes further from my house than the one where I was). Well, I decided it would be worthwhile, so I went there, and they said that not only did they not have it, they haven't had it for a week and people have been coming in and asking about it. It still shows in stock in their system and online. That's terrible inventory management; if it's not there, if you don't have it, then not fixing it for a week is just not acceptable.

And I plan on saying just that when I call to complain. Perhaps I'll get a reward certificate for enough to pay for the gas and/or time I wasted because of their incompetence.[/QUOTE]

Firstly, online inventory systems are always slow to update. In-store inventory systems often take an hour to two hours to post an adjustment from POS to the back-end, and then this needs to propagate to whatever server hosts that data to the web. Obviously, with a thousand or more stores, and 10,000+ SKUs, it would be very difficult to keep all that updated constantly, and not worth it.

Secondly, why didn't you call ahead to the store to confirm stock? If that's too difficult for you, have the employee do it.

Third, most retail stores have an inventory team that counts stock in the store, and does a sector of the store each day. Maybe once a week every item is counted. At this time, negative on-hands are usually reported, adjusted, and investigated. It's generally possible for a manager to make this adjustment at the moment the product is known missing, but this may not happen for a variety of reasons, and is usually not considered high priority for small adjustments.

This brings me to my final point: store inventory levels are not supposed to ever be customer-facing. That is, the biggest mistake here was that an employee told you the actual on-hand according to the system, and then that another told you that it was incorrect. They are not supposed to do this for a variety of reasons, but the biggest one is that those numbers cannot ever be guaranteed without a physical check for the product, because of all the delays in updating the inventory, along with the inability to account instantly for shrink via theft.

I'm not saying there isn't a problem here and that those employees are 100% without issue, but you seem like you're really looking to be upset, no offense. Just keep in mind that all those employees that tried to help you will be penalized if you complain to corporate all in the name of a "reward"...and they may not even be responsible directly. Please just call ahead to confirm stock in the future. It doesn't take a long time.

Now that I step off of my soap box, I just wanted to let anybody in the DFW area that's looking for a Witcher 2 know that, as of about 2 pm today, the Best Buy in Weatherford had about 3 copies left on the shelf when I left.

[quote name='TedwardRoberts']Firstly, online inventory systems are always slow to update. In-store inventory systems often take an hour to two hours to post an adjustment from POS to the back-end, and then this needs to propagate to whatever server hosts that data to the web. Obviously, with a thousand or more stores, and 10,000+ SKUs, it would be very difficult to keep all that updated constantly, and not worth it.

Secondly, why didn't you call ahead to the store to confirm stock? If that's too difficult for you, have the employee do it.

Third, most retail stores have an inventory team that counts stock in the store, and does a sector of the store each day. Maybe once a week every item is counted. At this time, negative on-hands are usually reported, adjusted, and investigated. It's generally possible for a manager to make this adjustment at the moment the product is known missing, but this may not happen for a variety of reasons, and is usually not considered high priority for small adjustments.

This brings me to my final point: store inventory levels are not supposed to ever be customer-facing. That is, the biggest mistake here was that an employee told you the actual on-hand according to the system, and then that another told you that it was incorrect. They are not supposed to do this for a variety of reasons, but the biggest one is that those numbers cannot ever be guaranteed without a physical check for the product, because of all the delays in updating the inventory, along with the inability to account instantly for shrink via theft.

I'm not saying there isn't a problem here and that those employees are 100% without issue, but you seem like you're really looking to be upset, no offense. Just keep in mind that all those employees that tried to help you will be penalized if you complain to corporate all in the name of a "reward"...and they may not even be responsible directly. Please just call ahead to confirm stock in the future. It doesn't take a long time.

Now that I step off of my soap box, I just wanted to let anybody in the DFW area that's looking for a Witcher 2 know that, as of about 2 pm today, the Best Buy in Weatherford had about 3 copies left on the shelf when I left.[/QUOTE]

If I have to call ahead to confirm stock, then the site becomes all but worthless anyway, for one thing. Particularly since, as I mentioned, there were supposedly 3 in stock, according to their system, and as the manager said, several people have come in asking about it and it has supposedly been a week or so since the first of those cases where people asked for it and they didn't have it. If they supposedly had one left, and they just discovered today that they didn't have it, I would be annoyed, but that happens. Like what happened at the first place. But when your own system shows that you have multiple ones (and at time of writing it still shows online as available there), and it has been wrong for at least a week, that is unacceptable.

And if they can't do their jobs properly, they deserve to be "penalized". If I made the same mistake several times over the course of the week in my job, with several clients, and still never corrected the problem, I sure would be. So why shouldn't they? (and incidentally, the only name I took down was the manager's...if he wants to sell his employees down the river to cover his ass, sucks for them but that wouldn't be my doing)

Yes, in retrospect, calling ahead *may* have found this out...but it really shouldn't be required when the company's in-store system (which I supposedly shouldn't have seen) says it's there, and chances are if I called the person would have checked the system, seen that it's "there" and said yes.

Don't try to make this my fault. They failed at correcting their inventory on an item several customers specifically asked about. To me, once you find out you're wrong and it has inconvenienced the customer, you make sure to get that correction into the next inventory update so it doesn't happen to another (or in this case, several more).

It's party your fault for not exhausting every avenue - checking online and confirming via phone call. To argue that checking the inventory system was a sufficient condition would be misplaced as the inaccuracy of the system has been discussed a multitude of times on the forum. If "gas" and "time" was truly important to you, you would have spent five minutes on the phone to guarentee the product before going out of the way to drive to a different location.

Furthermore, from my own experience, the inventory checker that they use at the store is different than the one the customer has access to on the website.

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']It's party your fault for not exhausting every avenue - checking online and confirming via phone call. To argue that checking the inventory system was a sufficient condition would be misplaced as the inaccuracy of the system has been discussed a multitude of times on the forum. If "gas" and "time" was truly important to you, you would have spent five minutes on the phone to guarentee the product before going out of the way to drive to a different location.

Furthermore, from my own experience, the inventory checker that they use at the store is different than the one the customer has access to on the website.[/QUOTE]

The one I saw in the store (the first store) WAS the one they use at the store. The person at the customer service desk who I talked to at the second store checked that, said that they had it, and it would be over in the game section. As in, the same person who would have answered the phone had I called. So calling probably wouldn't have helped.

[quote name='Tdog987']Question...bought and used The Witcher 2 with $30 off coupon on Monday (9/3) to make it $10.

If I print out the the coupon again and go to a different store to use it, would it still work?[/QUOTE]OK, just as an FYI: There is no $30 off coupon for The Witcher 2. The barcode is the same as the one on your RewardZone card.

To answer your question, some people have reported buying a copy, coming home and claiming the offer again, and being able to buy another copy for $10. However, you should consider if it's worth the trouble since the deal is supposed to be 1/person and you could be banned for doing otherwise.

FYI:

The Witcher 2 is one of the best smelling games out of the shrink wrap this gen.

It comes in a close second to the Demon's Souls Limited edition.

I bought 2 so i can smell it again at a later date.

Best 10 blades i've spent in a long, long time

:beer:

[quote name='Vigilante']OK, just as an FYI: There is no $30 off coupon for The Witcher 2. The barcode is the same as the one on your RewardZone card.

To answer your question, some people have reported buying a copy, coming home and claiming the offer again, and being able to buy another copy for $10. However, you should consider if it's worth the trouble since the deal is supposed to be 1/person and you could be banned for doing otherwise.[/QUOTE]

don't tell him that, it is a secret. lol

[quote name='Skydude']
Don't try to make this my fault. They failed at correcting their inventory on an item several customers specifically asked about. To me, once you find out you're wrong and it has inconvenienced the customer, you make sure to get that correction into the next inventory update so it doesn't happen to another (or in this case, several more).[/QUOTE]

This isn't your fault. But at the same time, shit happens, you don't deserve anything for your trouble.

If you had bought it online and they said it was there and you got your pickup notice, but then it wasn't there, then that's a different story. But in this case, you don't deserve any compensation at all.

(And yes, I understand why you couldn't buy online in this case. Although if you were savvy enough, you couldve... but that's not your fault either.)

[quote name='Skydude']The one I saw in the store (the first store) WAS the one they use at the store. The person at the customer service desk who I talked to at the second store checked that, said that they had it, and it would be over in the game section. As in, the same person who would have answered the phone had I called. So calling probably wouldn't have helped.[/QUOTE]

Stop whining. Geez!

Nobody will be penalized. They will just correct the error and that will be that.. I really hope they don't give you a certificate as you aren't entitled to squat. Call next time and ask them to check the physical shelf for you. Lesson learned.

[quote name='Skydude']The one I saw in the store (the first store) WAS the one they use at the store. The person at the customer service desk who I talked to at the second store checked that, said that they had it, and it would be over in the game section. As in, the same person who would have answered the phone had I called. So calling probably wouldn't have helped.[/QUOTE]

Whenever i call my BB's do a physical check before they tell me it''s available.

[quote name='confoosious']This isn't your fault. But at the same time, shit happens, you don't deserve anything for your trouble.

If you had bought it online and they said it was there and you got your pickup notice, but then it wasn't there, then that's a different story. But in this case, you don't deserve any compensation at all.

(And yes, I understand why you couldn't buy online in this case. Although if you were savvy enough, you couldve... but that's not your fault either.)[/QUOTE]
They don't even want to compensate you for that anymore. Or when you get an "item not found at store" email and you walk in the store and the item is sitting on the shelf. Happens a lot. Different stores.

Remember a few years ago BB had the "...if your in-store pick-up order is not in your hands in 5 minutes...receive a $5 GC" promotion? They even had electronic timers at the counters. Look how fast that promo was nixed. I racked up so many GCs during that promo. They still screw up about 50% of the time. I get the "order is ready for pick up" email, get to the store hours later and warehouse hasn't even picked my items.

[quote name='Vigilante']OK, just as an FYI: There is no $30 off coupon for The Witcher 2. The barcode is the same as the one on your RewardZone card.

To answer your question, some people have reported buying a copy, coming home and claiming the offer again, and being able to buy another copy for $10. However, you should consider if it's worth the trouble since the deal is supposed to be 1/person and you could be banned for doing otherwise.[/QUOTE]

You do not need to go home or online and re-accept the offer. You just need to buy each copy in its own transaction, simple as that.

Also I highly doubt they will ban you, their system is messing up, not us. The website says one thing, but the system is doing another. Which is the one that is accurate?

For those who can't find a physical copy... I don't know if this will work in the long run, but my Best Buy special ordered the game for me. I paid the 10 plus tax and expect my copy delivered to the store by the 13th. Hope this helps... I'll post whether it actually gets here or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back