12 Day Rightstuf Sale - News on the NGE Box Set Delay.

Admiral Ackbar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
News on the Eva Box Set Delay.

"As many of you probably noticed, we have not yet been able to fill many of the orders for this box set from the recent 12 days of savings.

Just an update that because we sold so many, ADV actually ran out of the physical cartons that are used to assemble the set and had to produce more. We are expecting delivery of these sets sometime late the week of 1/24.

Sorry for the delay".

Posted 1/13 by Shawne Kleckner.

Now this is hot!
Day 1:NGE DVD perfect collection for $40!
(Got the free ADV Manga Sampler today. It has twelve-page samples from five different titles.)
Day 2:Burn Up W DVD for $8
Day 3: Super Milk Chan for $20
Day 4: Shinobe Live Action DVD
Day 5: Peacemaker DVD w/Artbox+Manga for $16
Day 6: Cyberteam in Akihabara for $8
Day 7: Devil Lady Complete for $20
Day 8: Mezzo TV DVD 1 + Artbox for $16
Day 9: Samurai X OVA Collection for $25
Day 10: Chronos Crusade DVD + Box for $16
Day 11: Gasaraki Box Set for $25!
Day 12: DNAngel 1 + Artbox for $11

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar'][quote name='Final Starman']Hey have a 20% off coupon up there too now, can it be used with the 12days coupon?[/quote]

No. One coupon per order.

Unfortunately ADv onlly has the rights to robotech. Not Macross. And supposedly those rights, owned by animego, exopiure at the end of the year so they can't sell their macross sets anymore.[/quote]which is the perfect time for RS to offer some deals on the AE Macross sets :D

[quote name='Auyeung01']For those that really wants to save money, the 12 day sale lasts up til Dec 24. And the free shipping kicks in at $99+, so best to wale til all 12 items are posted before purchasing the items for free shipping.[/quote]

Unless they run out of stock.

OMG I LOVE YOU, I WANT TO TOTALLY BANG YOU RIGHT NOW, COME HERE YOU SEXY FISHY YOU, I AM SO ORDERING IT, OH MAN.......ok Im good, thank you so much, thanks.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='Auyeung01']For those that really wants to save money, the 12 day sale lasts up til Dec 24. And the free shipping kicks in at $99+, so best to wale til all 12 items are posted before purchasing the items for free shipping.[/quote]

Unless they run out of stock.[/quote]

Right stuifff is usually very good at stock. I'm guessing here, but you'll notice that 90% of their weekly specials as well as these deals aren't in stock. They're usually 8-10 days. I think what they do is they run a sale by first negotiating a price with their supplier. Then thay take orders for a week or so. Then once all orders are tallied they then send that quanity request to the supplier and fill all the orders direct from them.

If you do order, don't expect to recieve your shipment for at least two weeks. And this deal is good until the 24th.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Can you still buy the NGE box set today?[/quote]you have until the 24th, but you have to enter the coupon code to get it at that price

Only super defender milk chan today. I personally hate the show what I've seen on cartoon network anyway. If you want it though regualar $60 and on sale for $20

Yea it is pretty weird, ordered my evangelion complete box set, came out to 49 bucks because I paid for the 2 day overnight shipping....I reallly cant wait for it.

I think it mioght cost more $ (not to mention time and sanity) to rent all of these and Rip them. Im really glad i didnt buy my friends set off him for $100.

You think they will have any of these left by day 12? I would like to see what all thier deals are, and try to get my total up to $100 for free shipping.

I am 90% confident that orders will be filled. It may take awhile. Maybe even three weeks. But RS is usually reliable. They're probably going to wait for all the orders to come in a and then get the items from the supplier.

I ordered the DNA Squared set a couple weeks ago and it just shipped Monday.

[quote name='Final Starman']What's this about a free artbook?[/quote]
According to FW when people place their order they get a line in their email about a free artbook. I haven't ordered yet so I can't confirm. It looks like it's a manga sampler. Could be a couple pages. COuld be a comic. I don't know. Maybe I'll call and ask.

[quote name='dompetgendud @ FW']
Quant Price Item Code Description
----- ---------- --------------- -------------------------------------
1 Free advgnsampler ADV Special Offer - Graphic Novel Sam
1 $39.99 devbx1 Evangelion, Neon Genesis Perfect DVD
1 Free catalog TRSI Right Stuf Catalog
[/quote]

I like Milk-Chan a lot but I don't think this deal is all that worth it, I'm beginning to wonder if the first day deal was just to bring people in and the rest will be crap, but I hope not.

[quote name='xzafixz']I like Milk-Chan a lot but I don't think this deal is all that worth it, I'm beginning to wonder if the first day deal was just to bring people in and the rest will be crap, but I hope not.[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing. NGE was a great deal, but I already own it. Now these past two days have been "meh". Still quite a few days left though. Here's hoping better deals to come...

Ackbar,

This is where I promise sexual favors on being included on this massive NGE deal.

The operative word is sexual.

Thank you.

[quote name='Richter']*twidles thumbs*
waiting on some Macross[/quote]

I believe Animeigo.com is selling out their anime because their liucense expires at the end of the month. Right now it's 40% off at a price of $40 per three dvd box. It's normally $70. The sale is until the 21st.

I think someone else posted this.

How long do you think it will take till I get my evangelion box set with my 2 day overnight shipping, about 2 weeks right?

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar'][quote name='Final Starman']What's this about a free artbook?[/quote]
According to FW when people place their order they get a line in their email about a free artbook. I haven't ordered yet so I can't confirm. It looks like it's a manga sampler. Could be a couple pages. COuld be a comic. I don't know. Maybe I'll call and ask.

[quote name='dompetgendud @ FW']
Quant Price Item Code Description
----- ---------- --------------- -------------------------------------
1 Free advgnsampler ADV Special Offer - Graphic Novel Sam
1 $39.99 devbx1 Evangelion, Neon Genesis Perfect DVD
1 Free catalog TRSI Right Stuf Catalog
[/quote][/quote]

It is a manga sampler. It has like 10 pages ripped from 5 different ADV mangas and compiled in to a manga size book. Just to give you a little try at most the manga that ADV offers. They also send a VIZ manga sampler if you order anything at Righstuf made by Viz.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar'][quote name='Richter']*twidles thumbs*
waiting on some Macross[/quote]

I believe Animeigo.com is selling out their anime because their liucense expires at the end of the month. Right now it's 40% off at a price of $40 per three dvd box. It's normally $70. The sale is until the 21st.

I think someone else posted this.[/quote]yea, me ;)
http://cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=42026

still waiting, check my last post on the thread

[quote name='GenDV138']Shinobi Live Action DVD $7.99 for Day 4, I think I'll pass.[/quote]

As shall I, i hope for a gundam wing box set at 40 bucks also.

[quote name='Nirvanaguy777'][quote name='GenDV138']Shinobi Live Action DVD $7.99 for Day 4, I think I'll pass.[/quote]

As shall I, i hope for a gundam wing box set at 40 bucks also.[/quote]

That would be nice, except the 12 day sale is only for ADV products, and Gundam Wing is from Bandai. I would definitely jump on a $40 Gundam Wing box set since I'm missing the last 4 DVDs. Oh well, hopefully there's something else good for sale soon of ADV's products.

[quote name='GenDV138'][quote name='Nirvanaguy777'][quote name='GenDV138']Shinobi Live Action DVD $7.99 for Day 4, I think I'll pass.[/quote]

As shall I, i hope for a gundam wing box set at 40 bucks also.[/quote]

That would be nice, except the 12 day sale is only for ADV products, and Gundam Wing is from Bandai. I would definitely jump on a $40 Gundam Wing box set since I'm missing the last 4 DVDs. Oh well, hopefully there's something else good for sale soon of ADV's products.[/quote]

Didnt realize it was only on ADV, gotta look up what stuff they make.

Got a call today from rightstuff, they called my roomate to confirm if it was ok that I used his credit card which it was since I lost mine etc etc, ok they mentioned they are on back order till the 30th, so I should get my dvd after new years.

Todays offering looks interesting if not a huge deal.

Peacemaker DVD w/ Artbox and Manga for $16 It's $24 at DD so that's a third off the street price.

dpcmbx1b.jpg

[quote name='moiety']Rightstuf is also having a sale on the 3 Macross box sets. It's part of their weekly deals this week.

Macross Set 1 (eps 1-12)
Macross Set 2 (eps 13-24)
Macross Set 3 (eps 25-36)

Each $37.99. Just another option of where to buy, if you are already buying from Rightstuf! :)[/quote]

I heard somewhere that there was a comprehensive box set that had alll the DVDs that are in these three sets. Anybody know where I could pick one up and how much it would run me?

[quote name='greysector'][quote name='moiety']Rightstuf is also having a sale on the 3 Macross box sets. It's part of their weekly deals this week.

Macross Set 1 (eps 1-12)

Each $37.99. Just another option of where to buy, if you are already buying from Rightstuf! :)[/quote]

I heard somewhere that there was a comprehensive box set that had alll the DVDs that are in these three sets. Anybody know where I could pick one up and how much it would run me?[/quote]

I'm pretty sure it was only ever released as three mini-box sets.

Oh and I watched the 1st 2 episodes of PeaceMaker about a month or so ago and it seemed like it would be a decent series. Come to think of it I'll have to borrow that and the one that just came out from my friend and watch it over break.

Peacemaker looks like it might be good, but kinda iffy on it. Anyone seen the series, if so, what do you think of it?

[quote name='greysector'][quote name='moiety']Rightstuf is also having a sale on the 3 Macross box sets. It's part of their weekly deals this week.

Macross Set 1 (eps 1-12)

I heard somewhere that there was a comprehensive box set that had alll the DVDs that are in these three sets. Anybody know where I could pick one up and how much it would run me?[/quote]

The one Macross box was a preorder thing for those that didn't want to wait a year for it to hit retail. Not in print anymore so if you want it maybe ebay .

[quote name='Raikoh']Peacemaker looks like it might be good, but kinda iffy on it. Anyone seen the series, if so, what do you think of it?[/quote]

AnimeonDvd.com gave it a revierw. Gave it B's. I guess that means the show is okay but nothing special.

"There's a lot to like about Peacemaker with these first four episodes. The show carries a dark tone to it and has some great action sequences that give plenty of payoff."

Macross Set 1 (eps 1-12)

I heard somewhere that there was a comprehensive box set that had alll the DVDs that are in these three sets. Anybody know where I could pick one up and how much it would run me?[/quote]there is, but its the Robotech version, not the original JP SDF Macross

didnt know it was ADV only, gimme some Noir!

No,, no... This is the Macross set put out by Animiego. They originally did a complete set of all nine DVD's but it was limited in run.

Animiego Link

"This set is of the original MACROSS, not the later Robotech adaptation. It will not contain any english-language dubbing. It will contain all the scenes shown on Japanese TV, including scenes edited out during the Robotech adaptation."

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']No,, no... This is the Macross set put out by Animiego. They originally did a complete set of all nine DVD's but it was limited in run.

Animiego Link

"This set is of the original MACROSS, not the later Robotech adaptation. It will not contain any english-language dubbing. It will contain all the scenes shown on Japanese TV, including scenes edited out during the Robotech adaptation."[/quote]

I'd like to get the original Macross but that's still a pretty steep price for all the episodes.

bread's done
Back