$19k+ Raised! - CAG Charity Raffle 2017 to Support Puerto Rico Storm Relief! - Winners Posted!

I have donated a lot, because CAG has been good to me lo these many years. Also, I want to win something. And also, my measly dollars will hopefully make someone else's life livable for a few days. If everyone here gave $2, it would mean a lot.

Can a video game hoodie count or does it specifically have to be a game? Got 3 of the Battlefield 1 hoodies back at the last Pro Day b/c they were B1G2F and everything else $15 or less on the website was sold out. It's never been worn.

Edit: I also submitted the Witcher 3 metal Bottle Stopper from a recent gaming Lootcrate. I don't drink alcohol, so I have no need for it and wanted to submit it for the raffle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prize list updated with:
Hurtworld PC-Steam (steam key or Humble Gift Link)
Steam Link
Cities in Motion 2 (PC key), Jotun (PC key)
Battlefield 1 hoodie XL Men's size
Witcher 3 Bottle Stopper (Lootcrate exclusive)
The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Steam, ESO Vanity Pet Bristlegut Piglet , A Kiss For the Petals - Remembering How We Met , LoveKami -Divinity Stage
Battlefield 1 Full Game download code (Xbox One)
Game of Choice ($60 Max)
Steam Keys: Grey Goo Definitive Edition, Hand of Fate, Hurtworld, Screencheat
PUBG Xbox
Lucio pop

Can a video game hoodie count or does it specifically have to be a game? Got 3 of the Battlefield 1 hoodies back at the last Pro Day b/c they were B1G2F and everything else $15 or less on the website was sold out. It's never been worn.

Edit: I also submitted the Witcher 3 metal Bottle Stopper from a recent gaming Lootcrate. I don't drink alcohol, so I have no need for it and wanted to submit it for the raffle.
yes thanks!

The goal is slowly getting there... had it stayed “For the children” we may have gotten there faster though.

When i get an email from the Sony Rewards I’ll message cause i should have a $20 PSN Card to add (skipped out buying the gifts in the store knowing i had points on the PlayStation credit card, but then it says there’s a delay in processing a digital code from the rewards, so ended up using Amazon and printing the PSN code email to give as gifts as it came almost instantly).

The goal is slowly getting there... had it stayed “For the children” we may have gotten there faster though.

When i get an email from the Sony Rewards I’ll message cause i should have a $20 PSN Card to add (skipped out buying the gifts in the store knowing i had points on the PlayStation credit card, but then it says there’s a delay in processing a digital code from the rewards, so ended up using Amazon and printing the PSN code email to give as gifts as it came almost instantly).
Please update prize list with my donation added

Another $50 in. Despite not being that close to the overall goal, I'm proud to have been able to contribute and of the CAG Community for the contributions they have made as well. Keep it frosty people.

Hey guys, I'd like to extend this raffle until the end of January.  Maybe I can dig up some more prizes.

Also, since John has setup this awesome raffle system, I'm thinking we should always have a charity raffle going on at all times.  Maybe start a new raffle each month and rotate charities.  As long as the charity takes PayPal, we can use our raffle system. 

What are your thoughts?

Hey guys, I'd like to extend this raffle until the end of January. Maybe I can dig up some more prizes.

Also, since John has setup this awesome raffle system, I'm thinking we should always have a charity raffle going on at all times. Maybe start a new raffle each month and rotate charities. As long as the charity takes PayPal, we can use our raffle system.

What are your thoughts?
awesome idea on both fronts...

Hey guys, I'd like to extend this raffle until the end of January. Maybe I can dig up some more prizes.

Also, since John has setup this awesome raffle system, I'm thinking we should always have a charity raffle going on at all times. Maybe start a new raffle each month and rotate charities. As long as the charity takes PayPal, we can use our raffle system.

What are your thoughts?
donate to a different charity every month? I think that’s awesome. Let’s do it, this community saves me so much money as it is, if it means I can throw some money at a different charity every month in the name of CAG then I’m all for it. The raffle is just an added bonus

So I goofed up and the Witcher thing is actually a bottle opener. You put the bottle in the mouth of the Wolf. I originally thought it was a stopper to replace the cork when you opened a wine bottle and would be useless since I don't drink alcohol.

I went ahead and offered it so I will keep up my end of the bargain. I have 3 other bottle openers with two of them being gaming related so it's fine.

What are your thoughts?
The only thing with doing a charity raffle all the time is that you may end up with people that are burned out on it (stop paying attention). Perhaps one a quarter? Either way I appreciate the fact that this site looks to help others. Thanks!

The only thing with doing a charity raffle all the time is that you may end up with people that are burned out on it (stop paying attention). Perhaps one a quarter? Either way I appreciate the fact that this site looks to help others. Thanks!
Just depends how often people donate. $5 here or there isn’t usually much to ask, and if corporations are donating (tax deductible probably), and CAG is putting up prizes, then it’s just on the community for more chances to win and enticing people to donate more for the chances.

I submitted some Steam game prizes a few weeks ago, but don't see them on the master list. Should I resend?

What are your thoughts?
Hi Cheapy,

I submitted a Digital Codes for 1) Uncharted 4 and 2) Uncharted Lost Legacy for prizes some time back but don't see them on the board. Just want to make sure my submission went through. Can probably add another 1 or 2 more prizes too. Thanks!

Hi Cheapy,

I submitted a Digital Codes for 1) Uncharted 4 and 2) Uncharted Lost Legacy for prizes some time back but don't see them on the board. Just want to make sure my submission went through. Can probably add another 1 or 2 more prizes too. Thanks!
Sorry for the delay!

Prize list updated with:
$20 credit to the gaming network of your choosing
Star Wars Battlefront II (PS4)
SNES Classic Edition
2 Pokemon Moon games for 3ds
Steam keys for The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky, Bully: Scholarship Edition, and Monaco: What's Yours is Mine
$20 PSN Code
PS4: Uncharted 4 - A Thief's End (Digital Code)
PS4 - Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (Digital)
Xbox 1 Assassin's Creed Unity - digital

Thanks!!!!!!
jlhiowa
ACornettFL
hoopdaddy
Ggomez
Zacho
Lonedrifter1989
TrojanTim
KingZ

Was hoping for a 1 year supply of G-Fuel as a prize, sadly disappointed.
Would you buy a ticket if it we had G-fuel prizes? You don’t seem to have participated in the raffle beyond attempting to make fun of me.

Would you buy a ticket if it we had G-fuel prizes? You don’t seem to have participated in the raffle beyond attempting to make fun of me.
If there is G-Fuel I'm in cheapy. I need my fix. Could we also get a prize of pics of thorbahn3 in Thor cosplay with his hammer?

Just added a prize for a BF1 premium pass code.  Glad I visited this thread...I would rather it go to a CAG that chose to give to help others.

So I sent a message to CheapyD a week and a half-2 weeks ago and haven’t received a response yet. Basically, the South Park Stick of Truth Digital Copy I submitted expires on the 31st which is the same day that this raffle ends so my code may or may not work. Not sure what to do about this.

So I sent a message to CheapyD a week and a half-2 weeks ago and haven’t received a response yet. Basically, the South Park Stick of Truth Digital Copy I submitted expires on the 31st which is the same day that this raffle ends so my code may or may not work. Not sure what to do about this.
Well, we can have it as an alternate prize.

It would be great if things didn’t just expire for actual products like that and not otherwise discounts. Is that the one with the new South Park: Fractured But Whole game?

Yes, it’s the code that came with the new game.
Guess i better make sure mine gets activated, and good thing they give the things away free otherwise I’m sure they ran an under $10 sale on it before with the Ones backward compatibility. Those times waiting pays off.

Glad I didn't miss the deadline. It's really cool you are doing this. There's still so many people without power that this money can help!

Made a couple late donations. Made one earlier not with my login in. Hopefully wasn’t to late. Great that we keep doing this each year

Thanks to everyone who participated. We are going to be having a LIVE raffle drawing soon. I’ll update when I set the exact date and time.

Does anyone know if this is something that can be used as a tax credit or a tax write-off?
Probably, going through the PayPal link you are donating to charity as long as it emails you a receipt or so as proof. I’m sure some of us don’t donate quite enough that the standard is still more.

bread's done
Back