1st CAG SSBB Season - Week 14: Championship & 3rd Place Matches + Smash Bowls MIA?

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']I understand, and I don't even play you. :lol:

Given that this is beyond your control, I'm not sure if an automatic loss is the right way to handle this - you don't have any control over Verizon, after all. The rules are there for a reason, but I'd say this would warrant an exception...

One question, though: if you don't have internet at home, how'd you manage to make that post? :whistle2:s[/quote]

Yep I'm the Starbucks guy.

Anyway on internet updates, I was told everything should be back online on the 12th/13th of September, aka next week. He was fairly confident that we would have internet again then, so I'm going to take his word for it.

[quote name='zerowing']Yep I'm the Starbucks guy.

Anyway on internet updates, I was told everything should be back online on the 12th/13th of September, aka next week. He was fairly confident that we would have internet again then, so I'm going to take his word for it.[/QUOTE]

If it's cool with the you and the directors, I've got no problems playing my match with you and then my match against wjhard63 in the same week. I'd hate to see you take another loss because of your internet problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
Joeeeeeeeee

Damn, scheduling conflicts.
I can't take a win, we have to play!

Evergoo, I cleared my PMs, send me that message again.

Sorry about the middle of that peach duo, my batteries died in the middle of the match, Marc. Yep this is the wrong thread. I'm lazy to edit this more to make it for topic correct.

@ Halberd, Ingwe (King Dedede) d. BlueLobstah (Olimar), 1
@ Final Destination, BlueLobstah (Olimar) d. Ingwe (King Dedede), 1
@ Bridge of Eldin, BlueLobstah (Olimar) d. Ingwe (Pikachu), 1

The matches were very close as you might see if I decide to upload the videos later. We had a mixup on the third match, but I hope finally got it ironed out. I haven't decided if I'm going to upload the videos as the matches themselves were very long with the first 2 being 4-5 minutes and the last nearly 7 minutes!

Even with this, I don't think Ingwe will drop off my polls due to how close the matches for and I recommend everyone else still give him some credit.

Marc or Blue, If I didn't get to fight Rig, do I have to use one of my byes? Let me know. I was here the whole day on Saturday but I didn't see Rig online at the same time. :roll:

Marc is pmed.

You'll need to contact Marc via pm regarding the issue.

Whoever makes the least effort to play the game usually gets the bye should it not be played.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']@ Halberd, Ingwe (King Dedede) d. BlueLobstah (Olimar), 1
@ Final Destination, BlueLobstah (Olimar) d. Ingwe (King Dedede), 1
@ Bridge of Eldin, BlueLobstah (Olimar) d. Ingwe (Pikachu), 1

The matches were very close as you might see if I decide to upload the videos later. We had a mixup on the third match, but I hope finally got it ironed out. I haven't decided if I'm going to upload the videos as the matches themselves were very long with the first 2 being 4-5 minutes and the last nearly 7 minutes!

Even with this, I don't think Ingwe will drop off my polls due to how close the matches for and I recommend everyone else still give him some credit.[/QUOTE]

I forgot Blue mains in D3's counterpick, Olimar. No chaingrabbin' there! Lol.

[quote name='evergoo']I forgot Blue mains in D3's counterpick, Olimar. No chaingrabbin' there! Lol.[/QUOTE]

I've been chain grabbed as Olimar by Dedede. :whistle2:s

[quote name='BlueLobstah']I've been chain grabbed as Olimar by Dedede. :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

I think that's only possible at 0% and only once or twice. I'm not too sure.

[quote name='suko_32']I think that's only possible at 0% and only once or twice. I'm not too sure.[/QUOTE]

It's only at lower percents, but it can be done long enough to be very annoying. I know, because I've cursed JoeB under my breath many times.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']It's only at lower percents, but it can be done long enough to be very annoying. I know, because I've cursed JoeB under my breath many times.[/QUOTE]

It's not as annoying as being R.O.B., who's a huge target for grabbing. ;)

Whenever I get chaingrabbed by Joe, I wiggle the joystick like mad and pray that he's having an off day.

Here you go Chop: #8

I'll let Chop post the results I have to pick someone up at the airport. I think I found someone who is equal to my skill level. All of our games came down to the last life with each of us at 160+ percent.

Haha fo sho Mad M. Dude those were the closest games ever. Much respect man, but without further ado:

@ Smashville, Olimar (Mad D) d. Snake (The Chop Suey) , 1
@ Battlefield, Snake (The Chop Suey) d. Olimar (Mad D) , 1
@ Smashville, Snake (The Chop Suey) d. Olimar (Mad D), 1

They may as well call me cinderella man lol :)

Oh and evergoo man fun friendlies after haha I hope you don't use those to judge me on the poll i was trying to hide my snake and played pretty damn bad, but no excuses period. haha your a tough cookie gonna be a challenge what a game.

[quote name='The Chop Suey']Oh and evergoo man fun friendlies after haha I hope you don't use those to judge me on the poll i was trying to hide my snake and played pretty damn bad, but no excuses period. haha your a tough cookie gonna be a challenge what a game.[/QUOTE]

GGs Chop Suey.

I just trained with Peach today and I think you gave me my first victory against a non-Peach. Lol. BTW, you're lucky that you played my Diddy on Battlefield. It would have been a nightmare for you on Smashville or FD. ;)

I don't know why Mad D didn't use his Zamus against your Snake. :whistle2:k He trained against my Snake for several matches in preparation for you.

P.S. I'm also from San Diego.

o yea man haha your bananas omg ridiculous, i kept choosing battle field for a reason haha. yea your snake is very interesting i could learn a few things. i didnt realize y'all were trainin for me thats intense haha! I'll be honest I was training against and ready for a metaknight but the best thing i got is a lvl 9 computer :( so when i saw olimar i was like wha?? but i adjusted a little it was tough, but ended up pulling through.

That's cool if your from SD too, all you need is now is an Xbox 360 and you'll be super cool.... lol

I sent PM's to you two, evergoo and hero. I was gone Saturday and Sunday. I can certainly play out match today.

you know what i realize theres a lot of californians here haha. you guys should know some of there crazy brawlers out there then DSF, Bardull, Futile, Ajax, Blitz, mike haze, edrees Aero and a bunch more. any of yall heard of them? their the best of the best

[quote name='The Chop Suey'] I'll be honest I was training against and ready for a metaknight so when i saw olimar i was like wha?? [/QUOTE]

[quote name='evergoo']

I don't know why Mad D didn't use his Zamus against your Snake. :whistle2:k
[/QUOTE]

Sometimes I don't know why I do anything :whistle2:?

[quote name='The Chop Suey']you know what i realize theres a lot of californians here haha. you guys should know some of there crazy brawlers out there then DSF, Bardull, Futile, Ajax, Blitz, mike haze, edrees Aero and a bunch more. any of yall heard of them? their the best of the best[/quote]

I played DSF and Ajax at a tourney in the beginning of August. Those two and the DBR squad are at pretty much every tourney that's worth talking about in Cali. In fact, a majority of those people you named were at the Axis tourney last weekend. Biggest Smash Bros tourney ever to date with 300+ people.

Aero's D3 is INSANE, mHAZE has a pretty good Marth, Futile is the best Wario in the region (for sure), Blitz's ROB is great, Edrees' Peach is fucking nuts (I think he was the Peach in the crew battle that happened before the actual tourney started. He took out seven stocks!), and Bardull has a nice Marth too. Ajax is pretty crazy with Snake (he always seems to be hitting people with that damn Fsmash. AJAX HAX) and DSF is... Well, he's DSF. He's too good, although he needs to lay off on that UpB with Metaknight :lol:.

DSF, Futile, and Aero are easily the top three in SoCal (in order of rank).

Oh, and I just want to add that SK92's Falco needs to be banned. That kid is too good. ;)

Week 5 ballots are due on Wednesday, September 10, 2008 at 11:59 PDT.

For reference, here is last week's poll along with week 5's game results:

1. Arikado (3) (4-0) UNPLAYED
2. JoeB1223 (2) (3-0) UNPLAYED
3. Fallmoon (8) (1-1) UNPLAYED
4. maigoyume (1) (5-0) WIN
5. suko_32 (4-0) WIN
6. zitanix (4-0) WIN
7. evergoo (4-1) WIN
8. Mad D (1-4) LOSS
9. BlueLobstah (3-2) WIN
10. Daisydog (3-2) WIN
11. zerowing (tie) (2-1) UNPLAYED
11. The Chop Suey (tie) (4-1) WIN
13. dallow (3-1) UNPLAYED
14. dyeknom (2-2) UNPLAYED
15. Ingwe (3-2) LOSS

WEEK 5 SCHEDULE
foltzie @ JohnnyFoxDarko
#2 JoeB1233 @ #13 dallow (delay)
#8 Mad D @ #11 The Chop Suey
#11 zerowing @ #1 Arikado (delay)
#5 suko_32 @ yukine
ChibiJosh @ #7 evergoo
Gothic Walrus @ #6 zitanix
#14 dyeknom @ AmigoOne
#9 BlueLobstah @ #15 Ingwe
Rig @ hero101 (slight delay)
TimPV3 @ #3 FallMoon
dastly75 @ #10 Daisydog
#4 maigoyume @ Lurk
wjhard63 @ buttle
Foo228 @ eliter1
(slight delay)

This week is very important since schedule strengths will begin to come into play. This will help lower ranked players with tough schedules, and hurt some higher ranked players with weak schedules. Good luck to all!

Alright update:

a) dallow and I are going to play tonight (hopefully). I'll update the Smash Records tomorrow morning with the results of that match calculated.

b) I've completely emptied my PM box, so if you were trying to get a hold of me, re-send it! (Sorry blue)

[quote name='yukine']I might suck but at least I tend to play my games at the beginning of the week. ;)[/QUOTE]

Pardon my french, but was that an insult?

Hopefully by tomorrow me and eliter1 have our match...:cold:

Hero vs Rig in a couple of minutes. To the restroom Rig. I need to go... Hold on...

Hero wins.

GGs Rig. I wished we played a little bit more brawl. I think you didn't warm up before the match.

Hero (Pit) D Rig (Kirby) @ Smashville , 2 stock
Hero (Pit) D Rig (lil Link) @ FD, 2 Stock
Hero (Samus) D Rig (Metaknight) @ Smashville 2 Stock

Hero is host. Hero is student under Marc (Spam Master). Practiced more spamming attack under Lurk (running and spam guard). Fought a crazy lil link b4 the match. Hero plays too much brawl.

[quote name='hero101']
Hero wins.

GGs Rig. I wished we played a little bit more brawl. I think you didn't warm up before the match.

Hero (Pit) D Rig (Kirby) @ Smashville , 2 stock
Hero (Pit) D Rig (lil Link) @ FD, 2 Stock
Hero (Samus) D Rig (Metaknight) @ Smashville 2 Stock

Hero is host. Hero is student under Marc (Spam Master). Practiced more spamming attack under Lurk (running and spam guard). Fought a crazy lil link b4 the match. Hero plays too much brawl.[/QUOTE]

Lol, my apprentice has won. Yippee!

But can he defeat his "Camp" Master next week?

BTW, I'm surprised you were able to win by 2 stocks in each match.

P.S. I demand some matches against mah annabelle Peach.

[quote name='hero101'] I think you didn't warm up before the match.
[/quote]

I never do anything of the sort. It would probably help.

I would've played more, but am feeling ill today.

[quote name='Rig']I never do anything of the sort. It would probably help.

I would've played more, but am feeling ill today.[/quote]
See Suko, I was right. Something was troubling Rig. I have ESP.

I wonder if Foo gets eaten by Eliter or not. I think Foo might be fresh toasted like a subway sandwich tho. (I'm just teasing Foo so he practices more) :lol:

Edit: Crap double post by me.

again it cant be said enough thanks to the big three who are running and keeping this league together, thanks for all your time and investing for such an awesome season. evergoo with the epsn like front page updates, joeb1223 with the smash records and bluelobstah with the smash polls. clappy animation here i dont remember the shortcut lol

[quote name='hero101']I hope I do well against ZNX. Please don't use a monkey against me. I don't like monkeys.[/QUOTE]

LMAO. At least he doesn't have naner peels.

And thanks for the compliments Chop Suey. It sure is hard work trying to organize the whole thing. You don't wanna know how many hours of my life I've wasted. :bomb:

Last but not least, GGs to suko, Arikado, and zitanix. I have a feeling that kado and suko are teaming up against me. :whistle2:k

Edit: Nvm. He does play w/ Diddy.

Oh geez, my game didnt get reported? My bad.

All three stages are battlefield

Dyeknom (G&W) d. AmigoOne (G&W)
AmigoOne (marth) d. Dyeknom (G&W)

[quote name='AmigoOne']Oh geez, my game didnt get reported? My bad.

All three stages are battlefield

Dyeknom (G&W) d. AmigoOne (G&W)
AmigoOne (marth) d. Dyeknom (G&W)[/QUOTE]

Stock difference?

[quote name='hero101']I hope I do well against ZNX. Please don't use a monkey against me. I don't like monkeys.[/QUOTE]

He didn't against me...which sucked, because I practiced against Donkey Kong. If I'd known he took requests...:bomb:

The sad thing is, it still probably wouldn't have mattered anyway, judging from the beating I received. Oh well - I still had fun anyway. :)

ANNOUNCEMENT:

Through an executive decision, I am on the verge of dropping out TimPV3 and FallMoon. Both have only played 2 games and are non-responsive in communication towards their opponents and the co-hosts. We are already in Week 6 and this is beginning to look ridiculous.

If they do dropout, I have already PM'd other season interestees to take over their spot. TimPV3 and FallMoon have until Tuesday 11:59 pm PDT to respond.

Edit: Ok, nvm Blue. I was thinking about that extra pt going to some deserved CAG. The Smash Polls results would still be Top 15, but CAGs would submit their Top 16 for Week 5 Smash Polls.

bread's done
Back