2 for $60 select games at TRU from 9/2 - 9/8

Gertle627

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I haven't seen an ad or anything, just some signage that will be going out. I'd guess it's the weekly ad. as the dates specified are 9/2 - 9/8. It does also state 360 & PS3 for each game, along with both item numbers.

Amazing Spiderman
Arkham City
Battlefield 3
Darksiders 2
Mass Effect 3
Max Payne 3
Modern Warfare 3
NCAA Football 13
Prototype 2
Sleeping Dogs

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are some articles to show you which console version to get.

Prototype 2
PS3 version preferred

Sleeping Dogs
Xbox 360 version preferred

Darksiders 2
Either version is fine depending on which console's slight enhancement you prefer.
Slightly improved lighting effects, go for xbox 360.
Higher resolution textures, go for PS3.

This looks pretty awesome, hopefully it's accurate

BTW, If I never played Prototype, will I get and enjoy Prototype 2? I love 3rd person open world games and I just watched a gameplay video and it seemed pretty cool. But I hate playing games where I can miss something or be a bit confused because of something that happened in a previous game in the series.

great deal, i will pick up sleeping dogs, just wouldn't know what game to pair it with since most of them are semi-old games. The only one there that is a great pair is darksiders, which i already got from Best Buy.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']I bought Darksiders 2 from TRU 9 days ago; what is their policy on something like this? "Too bad, so sad" or would they work with me?[/QUOTE]

Go get in on the deal, then return your new sealed copy with your old receipt. Done, and done.

Going to try to match this at BB. Wonder if they'd let it fly on PC versions.

Probably going to go with Sleeping Dogs and Amazing Spider-Man since I haven't even started the first Darksiders yet.

/edit: So, Amazing Spider-Man isn't out on PC? That sucks.

[quote name='earvcunanan']YMMV, but bring TRU's ad and find out? I plan on giving it a try.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I'll probably do the same. Hopefully BB can price-match without the usual amount of "issues"...

I just want to give a hearty recommendation to Sleeping Dogs. It is the best GTA-esque game I have ever played. The story was interesting, and I actually cared about it and the characters a lot by the end. The gameplay is better than these types of games usually are. The hand to hand combat specifically shines as being fantastic. The voice acting is also very good. If you enjoy sandbox games, there is really nothing not to enjoy here.

[quote name='jupiterjones']8-2? As in last month? *Jumps in time machine*

Regardless of when this sale happens, that's pretty good for a Sleeping Dogs/Darksiders 2 combo. Might consider - thanks for the notice.[/QUOTE]
I'll consider Sleeping Dogs. Ive had a $25 gft card that Ive been trying to burn through all year. I'll get Sleeping Dogs and the highest game I can flip

[quote name='Zaku77']Go get in on the deal, then return your new sealed copy with your old receipt. Done, and done.[/QUOTE]

No not so simple as the person you responded with this to said he bought Darksiders II 9 days ago meaning he got the free strategy guide along with it, as we all did. A return and rebuy would technically require the return of the sealed strategy guide. I think he was asking if TRU would work around that some other way, letting us keep the guide in the process.

What are the odds that Best Buy or Amazon would price match any one of these INDIVIDUALLY? I'd rather just buy Darksiders 2 for $30 and not have to buy a second.

Would it be possible since that would be the "value" of the game or would it only be valid with the purchase of a second since they will likely not be listed as $30 each. You'd think if they WERE to price match they'd rather only let go of ONE game for half off rather than two.

[quote name='ghostman123']What are the odds that Best Buy or Amazon would price match any one of these INDIVIDUALLY? I'd rather just buy Darksiders 2 for $30 and not have to buy a second.

Would it be possible since that would be the "value" of the game or would it only be valid with the purchase of a second since they will likely not be listed as $30 each. You'd think if they WERE to price match they'd rather only let go of ONE game for half off rather than two.[/QUOTE]

Your odds are slim to none.

Amazon doesn't price match however and although they have matched deals and promotions in the past they haven't done that as much lately.

Also I doubt Best Buy is going to price match a promotion from another retailer that requires you buy 2 games and only require that you buy 1.

If you really just want one game buy two and then return one; they should prorate the return value of each game to ~ $30.

[quote name='ghostman123']What are the odds that Best Buy or Amazon would price match any one of these INDIVIDUALLY? I'd rather just buy Darksiders 2 for $30 and not have to buy a second.

Would it be possible since that would be the "value" of the game or would it only be valid with the purchase of a second since they will likely not be listed as $30 each. You'd think if they WERE to price match they'd rather only let go of ONE game for half off rather than two.[/QUOTE]

0. You cant create your own deal out of another

For you guys that are having trouble picking out a second game,
Keep in mind the current TIV for NCAA 13 at Best Buy is $20 which would of course make it $40 with the bonus.
Now it's not likely it will still be that high next week, but if it still works out to over $30, that is an excellent way to solve your problem.

[quote name='Flacksguy']For you guys that are having trouble picking out a second game,
Keep in mind the current TIV for NCAA 13 at Best Buy is $20 which would of course make it $40 with the bonus.
Now it's not likely it will still be that high next week, but if it still works out to over $30, that is an excellent way to solve your problem.[/QUOTE]

Assuming that sticks it could turn out to be an even better deal, one of those games for $20. But even if it doesn't and either Darksiders 2 or Sleeping Dogs stays at $16 before 100% Bonus Credit, you could still get $32 back, and the total between the two at purchase would go to about $64 after tax, so it's roughly the same as buying just one. But again, the 100% Trade in Bonus would have to still be valid next week for it to work.

[quote name='Flacksguy']For you guys that are having trouble picking out a second game,
Now it's not likely it will still be that high next week, but if it still works out to over $30, that is an excellent way to solve your problem.[/QUOTE]

That's a really good deal. I have a feeling Sleeping Dogs will be cheaper in the coming months. I'm waiting for the PC copy since I hardly play my consoles anymore...

I have to agree that Darksiders 2 and Sleeping Dogs are the way to go with this deal. I wouldn't waste this type of promo with stuff like Protoype 2 (which might could be really cheap at Best Buy in the next month using the Gamer coupon) or Amazing Spider-Man which will probably drop really soon.

I'd be all over NCAA if I wasn't so excited for Madden and knew it was the much better game this year.

How bad is NCAA 13?

It's got to be terrible to fall in price this quickly…right?

[quote name='Blumpkin']Don't you just hate when you only see one game on the list that you want?[/QUOTE]

Just sell the 2nd one.

[quote name='kouleefoh']haha this was the deal that only worked for a few states & puerto rico a few days ago. Now that it's an advertised deal, it's not as appealing as when I thought it was a glitch :lol:[/QUOTE]

Yeah this is what came to my mind as soon as I saw this topic.

Not a bad deal.

Is their any confirmation this deal is real yet? Also, This is my first post here... long time lurker but I have been gaming since 1990 so hello everyone!:)

Anyone think Sleeping Dogs will end up being a in the GC mag anytime soon? Or would this be the best deal to get it for a while?

[quote name='kaspauf']Is their any confirmation this deal is real yet? Also, This is my first post here... long time lurker but I have been gaming since 1990 so hello everyone!:)[/QUOTE]

I'm waiting for the same thing. West coast here so cant confirm it.

[quote name='TaylorM06']I'm assuming Best Buy doesn't price match deals like these?[/QUOTE]

ymmv

I got them and walmart to price match this last year for the 2 for $50 but only one best buy. I was driving around flippin the shit out those games.

This deal is ok...might just grab 2 copies of sleeping dogs and see what I can do :cool:

[quote name='VA']How bad is NCAA 13?

It's got to be terrible to fall in price this quickly…right?[/QUOTE]

I never understand comments like this. This is a promotion that features lots of games with very high ratings. It didn't "fall" in price. By your logic Sleeping Dogs and Darksiders 2 must be trash since they JUST came out. At least NCAA has been out over a month compared to those.

[quote name='AJVtony831']I'm waiting for the same thing. West coast here so cant confirm it.[/QUOTE]

Waiting for what... if you reread the title it clearly says the deal doesn't start until 09/02.

bread's done
Back