2 for $60 select games at TRU from 9/2 - 9/8

Gertle627

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I haven't seen an ad or anything, just some signage that will be going out. I'd guess it's the weekly ad. as the dates specified are 9/2 - 9/8. It does also state 360 & PS3 for each game, along with both item numbers.

Amazing Spiderman
Arkham City
Battlefield 3
Darksiders 2
Mass Effect 3
Max Payne 3
Modern Warfare 3
NCAA Football 13
Prototype 2
Sleeping Dogs

Last edited by a moderator:
I would probably get the DarksidersII/Sleeping Dogs like everyone else. I wish Madden was on the list. I haven't bought a football game in forever and I'm thinking the Lions might actually be good in the game.

I can probably wait though. Damn backlog. I've only gotten an hour into Darksiders I.

[quote name='Guimengo']I hope people shop mostly at Toys R Us instead of just price matching at Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

I like TRU but Best Buy has built up a lot of loyalty from me lately.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Over 8 hours a day playin video games? Holy crap.[/QUOTE]

More like ten hours a day for four days as the other day was spent with my girlfriend. When im enjoying a game, I keep playing until I finish it. I almost had 100% completion but needed one more event but couldnt find it and since I had sold it, I didnt bother but if this deal is true, I'll definitely pick it up again.

[quote name='Guimengo']I hope people shop mostly at Toys R Us instead of just price matching at Best Buy.[/QUOTE]
Umm....why?

[quote name='Donut2922']I like TRU but Best Buy has built up a lot of loyalty from me lately.[/QUOTE]

Despite the fact that both my local Best Buy and my local Toys R US(which happen to be RIGHT next to each other) both have poor availability/no stock for most things, I would much rather shop at the Best Buy.

Mostly because at least half of them are friendly, have fair knowledge about what they are doing/selling, and seem to actually care. Every employee at my Toys R Us is incompetent. If I asked the employee in the Video Game section for Sleeping Dogs and Darksiders 2 I would be met with "What are those?" from the employee.

Of course this may or may not be the case with every Best Buy and Toys R Us but it's the case where I'm at.

[quote name='TooPoor']Umm....why?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']Nice try, Toys R Us employee...[/QUOTE]

Because there's a reason companies do that kind of thing. Toys R Us' business hasn't really been booming, has it? Best Buy can weather the storm better than any of its competitors and while Target can do with people price matching and going elsewhere, TRU does such offers to drive business. See how long things will last once these shakers in the market leave or have to stop doing things differently, and you'll be stuck complaining about BB sucking.

[/ Dramatic Economics degree rant]. And I am not a TRU employee, I'm doing full-time MBA program in school.

[quote name='Guimengo']Because there's a reason companies do that kind of thing. Toys R Us' business hasn't really been booming, has it? Best Buy can weather the storm better than any of its competitors and while Target can do with people price matching and going elsewhere, TRU does such offers to drive business. See how long things will last once these shakers in the market leave or have to stop doing things differently, and you'll be stuck complaining about BB sucking.

[/ Dramatic Economics degree rant]. And I am not a TRU employee, I'm doing full-time MBA program in school.[/QUOTE]

TRU hasn't been doing well for a long time. They boom during the holiday season as well so they might last longer then say BBY

[quote name='Guimengo']Because there's a reason companies do that kind of thing. Toys R Us' business hasn't really been booming, has it? Best Buy can weather the storm better than any of its competitors and while Target can do with people price matching and going elsewhere, TRU does such offers to drive business. See how long things will last once these shakers in the market leave or have to stop doing things differently, and you'll be stuck complaining about BB sucking.

[/ Dramatic Economics degree rant]. And I am not a TRU employee, I'm doing full-time MBA program in school.[/QUOTE]

Off topic:
If going by the amount of Babies R Us e-mails I get along with Toys R Us e-mails with toys being the focus, I don't think Toys R Us is going for the same demographic as Best Buy. Toys/Babies R Us seems to be catering to the young couples where one spouse may want to pick up a couple of games for themselves while the other spouse is off looking at clothing and housewares for the newborn. People in their teens, 20s, and 30s are always popping out babies so I don't think the store is in trouble.

[quote name='Bosamba']Off topic:
If going by the amount of Babies R Us e-mails I get along with Toys R Us e-mails with toys being the focus, I don't think Toys R Us is going for the same demographic as Best Buy. Toys/Babies R Us seems to be catering to the young couples where one spouse may want to pick up a couple of games for themselves while the other spouse is off looking at clothing and housewares for the newborn. People in their teens, 20s, and 30s are always popping out babies so I don't think the store is in trouble.[/QUOTE]

I'm not making any babies!!!! Yet...

[quote name='GaMeR_2007']Anyone think Sleeping Dogs will end up being a in the GC mag anytime soon? Or would this be the best deal to get it for a while?[/QUOTE]
Just look at the time it took Prototype 2 to get a coupon.
Then again, there are some games like Future Soldier that haven't had a coupon yet and may never have a coupon.
You just don't know...

Didn't realize TRU is not doing well, every time I go, their checkout lines are insanely long with parents buying overpriced toys. The exact same toys can be bought at half price if you know where to look, at least thats what i will be doing once i decided to have a child. I assumed their business is good, but I do not have economics degree like the guy who answered my question, so it's entirely based on observation.

I price match at Bb because they offer RZ points. While I believe TRU has similar offers, I have no use for their GCs.

[quote name='TheEliminator62']I'll be in for NCAA 13 and either Sleeping Dogs or Darksiders II[/QUOTE]

same with me, but with Darksiders II

[quote name='TaylorM06']Might pick up Sleeping Dogs/Darksiders 2 if this is true.[/QUOTE]
I am in for the same 2 if this sale is legit :p I sure hope they run it!

[quote name='StealOfADeal']I plan on -- if I can PM BB, trading in NCAA '13 and then grabbing NCAA '13 again and then considering Sleeping Dogs (wasn't super impressed with the demo) or (and this is my favored game) Amazing Spiderman (I've heard praises for this one)!![/QUOTE]

I'm doing the EXACT SAME THING! Lol. I advise not buying spiderman though... I beat it in 2 days of a redbox rental earning 895 of the 1000 gamerscore...it's not worth $60 and isn't worth $30 either. I'm not saying its bad but I wouldnt pay more then $15...

[quote name='djduke316']Sleeping Dogs and D2 for me as well. I'll be camping out on my computer Sunday. Sorry wife, but your birthday will have to wait :D[/QUOTE]

I see Divorce in your Future "Rubs his crystal Ball" goodluck my man lol.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Over 8 hours a day playin video games? Holy crap.[/QUOTE]

not all of us sleep. seriously, though, i probably have 4-5 more hours a day than most people to do stuff, and late night when everyone's asleep is a perfect time to game. i don't think i game 8 hours a day, but i certainly do sometimes for games i absolutely love, in addition to other stuff.

[quote name='Bigmeat23']Why do I have to look at the reviews if I own the game and play it every day?!? Lmao... I have frozen a total of ONE TIME and I've had the game since release day...[/QUOTE]

Not everyone has the same experience as you. Looking at the reviews, the majority feels that this game is 'poo-poo.'

Have fun being an EA schill.

I'm hoping to get darksiders 2 and sleeping dogs, find a willing CAG to trade me sleeping dogs for transformers fall of cybertron that would be awesome

[quote name='VA']Not everyone has the same experience as you. Looking at the reviews, the majority feels that this game is 'poo-poo.'

Have fun being an EA schill.[/QUOTE]

I'm not even a EA fanboy, all I was trying to point out is when games get reviewed its before anyone else even has the game and there are no patches to fix things... And I have yet to find a review that calls it poo-poo, lol. I think the average score I've seen is around the 7-9 area...

[quote name='VA']Not everyone has the same experience as you. Looking at the reviews, the majority feels that this game is 'poo-poo.'

Have fun being an EA schill.[/QUOTE]

So you think those people in the reviews accurately represent everyone who bought the game?

Have fun being an idiot.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']So you think those people in the reviews accurately represent everyone who bought the game?

Have fun being an idiot.[/QUOTE]

LolZ! Thanks for the back up....I thought I was crazy or something there for a while. Haha

[quote name='Bigmeat23']I'm doing the EXACT SAME THING! Lol. I advise not buying spiderman though... I beat it in 2 days of a redbox rental earning 895 of the 1000 gamerscore...it's not worth $60 and isn't worth $30 either. I'm not saying its bad but I wouldnt pay more then $15...[/QUOTE]

Aw man! :cry: thanks for the heads up.... so sleeping dogs it is? Yeah I'll wait for the eventual $10 sale *fingers crossed) - hahaha.

[quote name='Getsuga Ichigo']Price-match 2 copies of NCAA 13 for $60 at Best Buy, then flip them back for $80. Not bad, if it works.[/QUOTE]

what a waste of 60 dollars.

[quote name='Getsuga Ichigo']Price-match 2 copies of NCAA 13 for $60 at Best Buy, then flip them back for $80. Not bad, if it works.[/QUOTE]

Be careful, or you'll be on a one-way trip to Ban Town.

[quote name='benjamouth']Be careful, or you'll be on a one-way trip to Ban Town.[/QUOTE]

I hear they don't have bathrooms in Ban Town so everyone poops in the streets!

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']I hear they don't have bathrooms in Ban Town so everyone poops in the streets![/QUOTE]

*Nods* That's how it goes in Ban Town!

So its a confirmed deal? Im gonna have a lot of free time this week...thinking about buying at walmart, then picking up the normal deal Sunday and returning the ones at Walmart.

[quote name='technicalstylez']what a waste of 60 dollars.[/QUOTE]
how is netting $20 a waste of any money? It's not like he's buying them to play them...

[quote name='gettinmoney662']So you think those people in the reviews accurately represent everyone who bought the game?

Have fun being an idiot.[/QUOTE]

yeah, I've logged about 20 hours and haven't seen a single issue.

[quote name='StealOfADeal']Aw man! :cry: thanks for the heads up.... so sleeping dogs it is? Yeah I'll wait for the eventual $10 sale *fingers crossed) - hahaha.[/QUOTE]
I bought it during a previous deal and have enjoyed the hell out of it. Just be sure to start on hard otherwise you'll walk through the game like it was on easy mode. $30 isn't bad for it. But, like the others if you can wait it out you'll *Probably* be able pick them up less than $20 on Black Friday. That's a few months from now and I wouldn't expect any of the big titles (Sleeping Dogs and D2) to drop this low again until then.

Well I was going to get Sleeping Dogs, but after a $100 copay for a MRI my extra funds has died up. So I will wait for the BF sale.

Hmmm, just one potential problem. Wouldnt the 100% trade in value be gone when this sale starts? Thus, you'll be losing $20 instead of gaining money. If Best Buy does the 50% bonus, you'll break even.

[quote name='Woocls']I bought it during a previous deal and have enjoyed the hell out of it. Just be sure to start on hard otherwise you'll walk through the game like it was on easy mode. $30 isn't bad for it. But, like the others if you can wait it out you'll *Probably* be able pick them up less than $20 on Black Friday. That's a few months from now and I wouldn't expect any of the big titles (Sleeping Dogs and D2) to drop this low again until then.[/QUOTE]

Sleeping Dogs doesnt have a difficulty level which to me, is a huge positive. I hate games with difficulty levels. Game is a steal for $30 and to be honest, is worth $60. Unlike GTA IV, I actually played through and finished Sleeping Dogs.

[quote name='StealOfADeal']Aw man! :cry: thanks for the heads up.... so sleeping dogs it is? Yeah I'll wait for the eventual $10 sale *fingers crossed) - hahaha.[/QUOTE]

Hey no problem man, just looking out for my fellow gamer. :). I played the sleeping dogs demo last night and really liked it, so I am hoping this deal is 100% going to happen, because now I really want that game. I also hope I won't have an issue price matching at best buy... If I do have an issue I will still trade in my NCAA and get $40, but I'll sell someone that gift card and use the $40 at TRU and buy them at the actual store. I just don't wanna sell my copy at best buy and then have the sale not be real...lol. Then I'd be out NCAA, LOL. When do people think we will have "actual confirmation" this deal exists?

[quote name='dan77733']Hmmm, just one potential problem. Wouldnt the 100% trade in value be gone when this sale starts? Thus, you'll be losing $20 instead of gaining money. If Best Buy does the 50% bonus, you'll break even.[/QUOTE]According to multiple CAG postings, the 100% bonus will last until sometime in early October, going by what the BBY kiosks display regarding the deal.

If this is online, too, then I'll bite for Darksiders and Sleeping Dogs.

If it's in-store only, I'll probably have to pass. I don't think I know where any Toys R Us' are anymore.

Sleeping Dogs easily worth $60 to me. Which I did buy at full price from BB with in store pickup resulting in another $10 code.

I will probably use up some shopkick certs for this deal... but still wondering what I would like to pair Darksiders II with. Decisions decisions...

[quote name='Vigilante']According to multiple CAG postings, the 100% bonus will last until sometime in early October, going by what the BBY kiosks display regarding the deal.[/QUOTE]

Oh wow!!! Nice. Didnt know that. Thanks for the info.

I'm tempted to get Darksiders 2 and Mass Effect 3. Getting both of those games for half-off the normal retail would indeed be a good deal.

But the problem for me is that I don't normally like paying for sequels to games that I haven't played yet. I have copies of Darksiders 1, and Mass Effect 1 and 2, but haven't played through any of them. And I know that Darksiders 2 and Mass Effect 3 will both be available for $20 before I manage to finish their predecessors.

Yeah, I'll probably give this one a pass for now.

bread's done
Back