2 for $60 select games at TRU from 9/2 - 9/8

Gertle627

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I haven't seen an ad or anything, just some signage that will be going out. I'd guess it's the weekly ad. as the dates specified are 9/2 - 9/8. It does also state 360 & PS3 for each game, along with both item numbers.

Amazing Spiderman
Arkham City
Battlefield 3
Darksiders 2
Mass Effect 3
Max Payne 3
Modern Warfare 3
NCAA Football 13
Prototype 2
Sleeping Dogs

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Richard Kain']I'm tempted to get Darksiders 2 and Mass Effect 3. Getting both of those games for half-off the normal retail would indeed be a good deal.

But the problem for me is that I don't normally like paying for sequels to games that I haven't played yet. I have copies of Darksiders 1, and Mass Effect 1 and 2, but haven't played through any of them. And I know that Darksiders 2 and Mass Effect 3 will both be available for $20 before I manage to finish their predecessors.

Yeah, I'll probably give this one a pass for now.[/QUOTE]
If I were you I would pass as well.

No reason to go against your preference in this situation because those titles will be had for cheap or cheaper further down the line.

[quote name='dan77733']Oh wow!!! Nice. Didnt know that. Thanks for the info.[/QUOTE]

I suspect after this week with Madden coming out, NCAA 13 TIV with drop below $20

As for me, this is better than B2G1 free, getting SD, D2, NCAA and MP3

[quote name='jiggyteddy']because those titles will be had for cheap or cheaper further down the line.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Normally when I go out and get much more recent games it is because I intend to play them immediately. I actually paid full retail for Dead Space 2 and Portal 2 when each of those came out. But I had already played both Dead Space and Portal to completion before they came out, and I played through both of their sequels immediately.

If I bought DarkSiders 2 now, it would be a good week or more before I could finish the first one, and even then I'm not sure I would want to rush into the sequel. And don't even get me started on Mass Effect. RPGs of this nature will take me months to get through. I just don't have the time I used to, and the urgency to pick up games like this just isn't there any more. Waiting is much easier on my wallet though, so no regrets.

[quote name='akiladae']I suspect after this week with Madden coming out, NCAA 13 TIV with drop below $20

As for me, this is better than B2G1 free, getting SD, D2, NCAA and MP3[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this is definitely better. Basically, its B1G1 free. NCAA may not drop because it was $27 until last week. I dont think that it would drop again this soon. We'll know later this week if the TRU deal is for real or not.

Darksiders 2 and Sleeping Dogs are tempting but I'm going to go with other posters about BF deals. Plus I think Borderlands 2 will take up most of my time in September.

I'd bite if they offered a bigger selection. Darksiders 2 is the only one I don't already have that interests me for $30.

i havnt been following this thread too closely, but if i remember correctly they did this last year when Fear3 came out. Also I think they shut it down early after maybe 2 days or so. So if you wanna get in on it, asap once it goes live. peace all cags

[quote name='Velo214']i havnt been following this thread too closely, but if i remember correctly they did this last year when Fear3 came out. Also I think they shut it down early after maybe 2 days or so. So if you wanna get in on it, asap once it goes live. peace all cags[/QUOTE]
Thanks, man I really wish this turns out to be true.

[quote name='TaylorM06']I'm assuming Best Buy doesn't price match deals like these?[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately not. Last year TRU ran a similar deal, it was 2 for $50 and I tried getting Best Buy to match but was denied because in their price-matching policy it states something to the effect of excludes "bundle" deals which is essentially what this is.

[quote name='Cbarnes86']If this is true, will it include release this week? (Madden 13)[/QUOTE]
Nope. Only the games listed.

[quote name='Rodimus']Would that be Batman: Arkham City GOTY Edition?[/QUOTE]
As far as I know, TRU doesn't even carry AC:GotY. I tried looking it up on the website & in our store inventory system.

[quote name='theyoungfreshone']Unfortunately not. Last year TRU ran a similar deal, it was 2 for $50 and I tried getting Best Buy to match but was denied because in their price-matching policy it states something to the effect of excludes "bundle" deals which is essentially what this is.[/QUOTE]

I got them to pricematch F3AR and Portal 2 last year when they had this sale.

best buy can pricematch. Your store may simply choose not to, and based on the their own rules, they are within their rights to do so. my store has both allowed and denied me this type of pricematch in the past, and it depends entirely on who you get to do it for you. for instance, the kind and legitimately helpful women (2) at my store just want to help, even if it is because of their own ignorance of the policies. some newbie employees also allow it, since they just call in a higher up to type their code for the match, and they dont even look at the screen. so the best bet? keep trying, and go for the newbies that still look happy to be there! :D

They aren't going to pricematch this for most people. If anything, they will just answer back with a better sale a few weeks later.

Call me a gambling man, but I may very well just wait and see if my hunch is right.

[quote name='Intranquill']What deal would be better other than marking these games down to 20 dollars each? Because we're essentially getting each game at 30 a piece right?[/QUOTE]
Right.
1 at $30 1 at $30.
1 at $20 1 at $40.
1 at $10 1 at $50.
1 at $0 1 at $60.
Infinite combinations according to perspective.

sleeping dogs for myself and NCAA to flip at bb for 40 and get new madden then only payin 30 total it(with a madden 12 trade in that i never played i gotta backlog like the rest of ya'll)

If I could get Wal-Mart to price match this, I'd try to track down a copy of Prototype 2 with the first game included with it.

[quote name='TooPoor']Right.
1 at $30 1 at $30.
1 at $20 1 at $40.
1 at $10 1 at $50.
1 at $0 1 at $60.
Infinite combinations according to perspective.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't it be 60!x60! possible combinations, not infinite? (! denotes factorials for those who don't know)

Just sayin.

The hoarders love TRU deals.
I'm going to have to be there at opening unless in the instore picukup and website are useful for once.

Luckily I really want Sleeping Dogs and Darksiders 2.

[quote name='brafo96874']Wouldn't it be 60!x60! possible combinations, not infinite? (! denotes factorials for those who don't know)

Just sayin.[/QUOTE]
No. If not counting to cents it would only be 60 combinations, counting cents the combinations would be 6000.

My "infinite" is of course a figure of speech. 60!*60! would be an answer to an entirely different, harder problem.

[quote name='Velo214']tru has instore pickup? i really want sleeping dogs and darksiders 2(so i can return with my $65 bestbuy reciept)[/QUOTE]

bb darksiders 2 might have a different upc because of retailer specific dlc homeslice. could be wrong tho, but thats usually how it is w/ bb games

[quote name='wcl']Has this even been confirmed yet ?[/QUOTE]

My question as well. I REALLY wanna pick up sleeping dogs and something else...but i don't wanna get overly excited...

[quote name='TooPoor']No. If not counting to cents it would only be 60 combinations, counting cents the combinations would be 6000.

My "infinite" is of course a figure of speech. 60!*60! would be an answer to an entirely different, harder problem.[/QUOTE]

Don't you mean 31? One for $20 and one for $40 is the same as one for $40 and one for $20, practically speaking.

(now where's that nerd smiley...)

I already have Darksiders 2 and Sleeping Dogs.

If I purchased them through a deal like this, could I return those copies to the store I purchased them from with my original receipt?
I know that's shady, but hey, that's sixty something bucks back in my pocket.
As far as I know the UPC is the UPC so it should work as long as I am within the return time frame.

Anybody?

I went ahead and bought Sleeping Dogs for $60. Still kicking myself for skipping Fry's $50 price point the other day. Oh well, the game is well worth $60. It's cool, I'm going for Spiderman and Max Payne 3 on this deal. Or I may buy Max Payne and another game that's going high on Amazon and sell it off making Max Payne about $30.

[quote name='polly']Don't you mean 31? One for $20 and one for $40 is the same as one for $40 and one for $20, practically speaking.

(now where's that nerd smiley...)[/QUOTE]
No, because these are 2 different games. Sleeping Dogs for $20 and Darksiders for $40 is not the same as Sleeping Dogs for $40 and Darksiders for $20, at least in my model.

Actually to be more precise, if there are N games participating in this event, the total combinations would be
(N choose 2)*61 + N*31

N choose 2 is 2 different games from the lot, each pairing has 61 combinations. If you choose 2 of the same game, there are N possibilities, and for each, there are 31 combinations

Mind exercise of the day!

[quote name='prim4444']If it hasn't, I am doing so now.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Donut2922']We can trust the OP.[/QUOTE]

Lol. I'm hoping for the deal, but just like the Best Buy 3.0 thingy that didn't happen, I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing occurred. $30 for Darksiders 2 right now seems too good to be true...

[quote name='TooPoor']No, because these are 2 different games. Sleeping Dogs for $20 and Darksiders for $40 is not the same as Sleeping Dogs for $40 and Darksiders for $20, at least in my model.

Actually to be more precise, if there are N games participating in this event, the total combinations would be
(N choose 2)*61 + N*31

N choose 2 is 2 different games from the lot, each pairing has 61 combinations. If you choose 2 of the same game, there are N possibilities, and for each, there are 31 combinations

Mind exercise of the day![/QUOTE]

I don't know why you guys are making it so complicated.

You buy 2 games for $60. 60 divided by 2 is 30. $30 per game.

Nice and simple.

Does the OP work for TRU or did he just happen to see a sign hanging around their store?

[quote name='CaseX']Lol. I'm hoping for the deal, but just like the Best Buy 3.0 thingy that didn't happen, I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing occurred. $30 for Darksiders 2 right now seems too good to be true...[/QUOTE]

Best Buy 3.0 "did" happen it just wasn't really a blowout, ended up being just a buy 1 get 1 50% off.

[quote name='superhippy1986']Thats a kinda good deal.. But black friday shall make it all better[/QUOTE]

you lol me! I am just waiting for the buy 2 get 1 at tru in october. then I will turn my attention to the blackest day of the year!

[quote name='mastagoalie']you lol me! I am just waiting for the buy 2 get 1 at tru in october. then I will turn my attention to the blackest day of the year![/QUOTE]

Ummm.. this deal is better then a B2G1 free if you have any interest in the advertised titles

[quote name='GBAstar']Ummm.. this deal is better then a B2G1 free if you have any interest in the advertised titles[/QUOTE]

yep spend 60 for 2 games or 120 for 4

b2g1 is 120 for only 3

[quote name='Aziatic1']sleeping dogs for myself and NCAA to flip at bb for 40 and get new madden then only payin 30 total it(with a madden 12 trade in that i never played i gotta backlog like the rest of ya'll)[/QUOTE]

We still don't know if the trade in deal will still be going on right? If so this is what I'll probably do as well minus the madden.

Btw how does trading in games at BBY work? Is it a kiosk in store? If we're going to do this is it a good idea to unwrap the game? TIA

[quote name='sidewalkhustla']We still don't know if the trade in deal will still be going on right? If so this is what I'll probably do as well minus the madden.

Btw how does trading in games at BBY work? Is it a kiosk in store? If we're going to do this is it a good idea to unwrap the game? TIA[/QUOTE]

Usually when I walk in, the person who checks receipts usually puts trade-in stickers on each of my game. Then I take them to the gaming section and go to the register there and do the trade-in there.

[quote name='sidewalkhustla']We still don't know if the trade in deal will still be going on right? If so this is what I'll probably do as well minus the madden.

Btw how does trading in games at BBY work? Is it a kiosk in store? If we're going to do this is it a good idea to unwrap the game? TIA[/QUOTE]

Its been confirmed the trade in deal is still goin on for next week \\:D/\\:D/:whee:

[quote name='Ginger Junk']Does the OP work for TRU or did he just happen to see a sign hanging around their store?[/QUOTE]
Yes he does. And he's a ginger.

Thanks.

[quote name='prim4444']If it hasn't, I am doing so now.[/QUOTE]
And for those who don't know, prim is pretty much the authority on TRU deals around her. As I said, I work there & have found out about more stuff from him than anywhere else.

Question for TRU employees. On promotions like this, do you take returns for the split amount? Like if I only wanted one of the games and bought two, would I be able to return the 2nd game for $30 back?

bread's done
Back