2 for $60 select games at TRU from 9/2 - 9/8

Gertle627

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I haven't seen an ad or anything, just some signage that will be going out. I'd guess it's the weekly ad. as the dates specified are 9/2 - 9/8. It does also state 360 & PS3 for each game, along with both item numbers.

Amazing Spiderman
Arkham City
Battlefield 3
Darksiders 2
Mass Effect 3
Max Payne 3
Modern Warfare 3
NCAA Football 13
Prototype 2
Sleeping Dogs

Last edited by a moderator:
They had a deal like this last year. It was 2 for $50. However, it was a price mistake. I was still able to PM at walmart. Got Mortal Kombat and some other new game for $50.

[quote name='Flacksguy']Is NCAA 13 bad?
I was going to upgrade from 12 just because it was fairly cheap, but if it's lousy, I'll just stay with 12.[/QUOTE]

No, it's amazing actually. One of the best NCAA games in the last 10 years. Lots of great additions, and the game runs smooth.

I probably would be getting Darksiders 2/Sleeping Dogs, but I got to save some money for University... plus I'd have no time to play them. =S

Enjoy your games, guyz.

Darksiders 2 is a really great game. They don't make games like that anymore. They've added a looting system and it has more RPG elements in this game than the last one. Support THQ!

Im looking into Sleeping dogs and DSII. I have both PS3 and Xbox, anyone know which system which game runs better on?

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Might consider Mass Effect 3 and Sleeping Dogs. Then again, I missed out on all those pre-order bonuses on Sleeping Dogs.[/QUOTE]If you're lucky in getting BBY to PM, you might find a copy of Sleeping Dogs with the St. Pierre pre-order bonus included.

[quote name='Brawl96']Im looking into Sleeping dogs and DSII. I have both PS3 and Xbox, anyone know which system which game runs better on?[/QUOTE]Here you go:

[quote name='htz']Here are some articles to show you which console version to get.

Sleeping Dogs
Xbox 360 version preferred

Darksiders 2
Either version is fine depending on which console's slight enhancement you prefer.
Slightly improved lighting effects, go for xbox 360.
Higher resolution textures, go for PS3.[/QUOTE]Personally I'm going to add myself to the group planning on Darksiders 2 and Sleeping Dogs (both :360:), though I'll only get them if BBY PMs; there's an awesome employee at my local store who knows me by sight, so hopefully I won't have to worry about a thing. ;)

[quote name='TaylorM06']I'm assuming Best Buy doesn't price match deals like these?[/QUOTE]YMMV, but your odds of exception increase if you were goin to get 4 games. b2g1 would cost $120 so getting 4 games for the same price is great. I'm gonna get 8 games & just add a couple $60 titles that aren't listed in the TRU deal like Transformers since BB won't care based on the total purchase amount.
$240 spent gets ($10)540 RZ points(silver included) & they'll just mark each game down to $30 each.

[quote name='JayRooster']I'd rather wait for black Friday. Gotta beat darksiders 1 til then[/QUOTE]These are usually $30-$35 on BF & you may/may not get them or have to deal with the early morn stuff. Rather score the deal now & have money for the other deals that weren't avail throughout the yr.

[quote name='ghostman123']What are the odds that Best Buy or Amazon would price match any one of these INDIVIDUALLY? I'd rather just buy Darksiders 2 for $30 and not have to buy a second.[/QUOTE]None, it's YMV just to get them to match the offer as is since it's the type of deal that's specifically excluded on the policy.

[quote name='Blumpkin']Don't you just hate when you only see one game on the list that you want?[/QUOTE]Nope since it's on recent games the 2nd game can easily be flipped or sold for the same price or profit. Look for titles with better TIV or buy 2 of the most popular & sell it for $35-$40.

Is Darksiders 2 better on PC? I have all 3 options, but GMG has it for $35. Not sure if I wanna get the 360 DS2 and then get SD or Spider-Man or something.

Also is there an ad out yet to PM? I would do it at Walmart this afternoon

[quote name='Braxis']Does Sleeping Dogs include the PC version? The console versions are bad.[/QUOTE]

why are the console versions bad?

[quote name='havuk']why are the console versions bad?[/QUOTE]

They're not bad. The PC version just looks better comparatively. The 360 and PS3 versions are fine versions of the game.

[quote name='LimeWire']Is Darksiders II better than Skyrim?[/QUOTE]

Well that's subjective..I mean Skyrim could last hundreds of hours and lots consider it game of the year.

However, the combat is very basic and it's a game you'd probably want to invest in time-wise. Darksiders 2 would be more of a play at your own pace and relax type game with great combat.

[quote name='Enuf']YMMV, but your odds of exception increase if you were goin to get 4 games. b2g1 would cost $120 so getting 4 games for the same price is great. I'm gonna get 8 games & just add a couple $60 titles that aren't listed in the TRU deal like Transformers since BB won't care based on the total purchase amount.
$240 spent gets ($10)540 RZ points(silver included) & they'll just mark each game down to $30 each.

These are usually $30-$35 on BF & you may/may not get them or have to deal with the early morn stuff. Rather score the deal now & have money for the other deals that weren't avail throughout the yr.

None, it's YMV just to get them to match the offer as is since it's the type of deal that's specifically excluded on the policy.

Nope since it's on recent games the 2nd game can easily be flipped or sold for the same price or profit. Look for titles with better TIV or buy 2 of the most popular & sell it for $35-$40.[/QUOTE]

^ Edited that for you. Reads a little better now!

Enuf, when I see your posts all I see is YMMV YMMV blah blah blah YMMV blah blah NO CHANCE IN HELL.. blah blah blah.... get best buy to PM games that aren't advertised as part of the sale? ROFL LOL OMG

Love your spirit though :)

[quote name='chriscolbert']I never understand comments like this. This is a promotion that features lots of games with very high ratings. It didn't "fall" in price. By your logic Sleeping Dogs and Darksiders 2 must be trash since they JUST came out. At least NCAA has been out over a month compared to those.[/QUOTE]

I have NCAA 2012 and it does not work. I have yet to complete a full game on it. There's nothing to make me believe that they have it resolved in this iteration.

Sleeping Dogs is one of the better games for 2012. The hand to hand fighting makes the game worth $60 alone. Shooting/driving isnt great but its solid. Story is very good as are the characters. The final three or so stages are excellent and make the game end in a damn good way.

Probably going to get Sleeping Dogs & Darksiders 2.

[quote name='plus1zero']Has anyone bought anything yet? I'm actually waiting for someone to confirm this ha[/QUOTE]

Nothing to confirm since it starts on 9/2 ;)

[quote name='plus1zero']Has anyone bought anything yet? I'm actually waiting for someone to confirm this ha[/QUOTE]*looks at topic title*

*looks at today's date*

:???:
Are you being sarcastic? This doesn't start for another week. :\

[quote name='plus1zero']Has anyone bought anything yet? I'm actually waiting for someone to confirm this ha[/QUOTE]

nevermind... two others beat me to the punch

[quote name='dan77733']Sleeping Dogs is one of the better games for 2012. The hand to hand fighting makes the game worth $60 alone. Shooting/driving isnt great but its solid. Story is very good as are the characters. The final three or so stages are excellent and make the game end in a damn good way.[/QUOTE]

Is it true that Sleeping Dogs can be finished in a 2-3 day rental out of a redbok? That might hold be back from picking it up.

[quote name='Vigilante']*looks at topic title*

*looks at today's date*

:???:
Are you being sarcastic? This doesn't start for another week. :\[/QUOTE]

Totally, 100% my bad. I have no idea what I was thinking. I'm so sorry D:

What a fail, zero.

[quote name='plus1zero']Totally, 100% my bad. I have no idea what I was thinking. I'm so sorry D:

What a fail, zero.[/QUOTE]

hehe. It's okay. It's a heck of a deal. Due to when it was posted (early sunday morning) I thought it started this week as well. I had to reread the sloppy title a few time and check the weekly ad to make sure

[quote name='ajh2298']Is it true that Sleeping Dogs can be finished in a 2-3 day rental out of a redbok? That might hold be back from picking it up.[/QUOTE]

95% of games can be finished within a few days. Sleeping Dogs is no exception. I purchased Sleeping Dogs on release day at Best Buy for $65 including tax. Just sold it the other day on ebay for $49. So, at worse you'll break even and still get to play the game.

I finished Sleeping Dogs in five days and put in over 40 hours with the game. If this sale is true, I'll probably pick it up again and keep it because its worth playing again.

[quote name='dan77733']95% of games can be finished within a few days. Sleeping Dogs is no exception. I purchased Sleeping Dogs on release day at Best Buy for $65 including tax. Just sold it the other day on ebay for $49. So, at worse you'll break even and still get to play the game.

I finished Sleeping Dogs in five days and put in over 40 hours with the game. If this sale is true, I'll probably pick it up again and keep it because its worth playing again.[/QUOTE]

Over 8 hours a day playin video games? Holy crap.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Over 8 hours a day playin video games? Holy crap.[/QUOTE]

I take vacation days off work and play all day when there are major releases that I want coming out.

I doubt Amazon will match this. My TRU has the worst selection of video games in the country. They might as well shut down the freakin' section. Guess I'll just have to wait for Sleeping Dogs. It is a Square-Enix title after all, so the odds of it getting cheaper than $30 in a few months is pretty high.

[quote name='GBAstar']^ Edited that for you. Reads a little better now!

Enuf, when I see your posts all I see is YMMV YMMV blah blah blah YMMV blah blah NO CHANCE IN HELL.. blah blah blah.... get best buy to PM games that aren't advertised as part of the sale? ROFL LOL OMG

Love your spirit though :)[/QUOTE]Remember this is for a $240 sale not $60 I'm going for 8 games which makes a big difference. Plus, I'm no rookie CAG so I've already done all my prep work.

1 - Whenever I need a YMMV TRU pm I always goto the King of Prussia BB b/c TRU is 20 seconds aways(per mapquest) 310 mall blvd to 250 mall blvd.
2 - I know to take phone pics of all the games I want @ TRU PRIOR to going to BB CS. The ad/pic(web or paper) ensure the price, pics confirm they are in-stock.
3 - The games that ARE LISTED in the ad will be on the top of stack of the 8 games.
4 - I've seen the store managers there 4-5 times this month doing pm's already & they've been very direct "we're not going to let a $120+ sale go next door so whether we need to direct match and/or offer a BB GC to compete we will". My last convo(less than 1 week ago) w/them was regarding YMMV TRU pm's involving GC's so this is just good timing.
I was even told they'd start matching Amazon as well which I've never been able to get up to this point.

Just like anything money talks & if you know how retail works you can get ahead rather easily. Those junk $5 game warranties can be used to get YMMV pm's too.

This is also the BB that matched a TRU buy 2 get a $40 GC by taking $20 off each title & my end result was 3 games marked down to $40 each 1 to $30(it was on sale @ BB for $50 already) & they "charged/sold" me an $80 GC.
Instead of paying $240 + tax for 4 games @ TRU & a $80 TRU GC
I paid $150 + tax for 4 games @ BB & got a $80 BB GC to bring my total to $230. Add in $10 RZ credit for spending $150 on games & another $5 RZ(silver bonus) & you can see why I don't mind "overpaying" @ BB.

[quote name='Enuf']Remember this is for a $240 sale not $60 I'm going for 8 games which makes a big difference. Plus, I'm no rookie CAG so I've already done all my prep work.

1 - Whenever I need a YMMV TRU pm I always goto the King of Prussia BB b/c TRU is 20 seconds aways(per mapquest) 310 mall blvd to 250 mall blvd.
2 - I know to take phone pics of all the games I want @ TRU PRIOR to going to BB CS. The ad/pic(web or paper) ensure the price, pics confirm they are in-stock.
3 - The games that ARE LISTED in the ad will be on the top of stack of the 8 games.
4 - I've seen the store managers there 4-5 times this month doing pm's already & they've been very direct "we're not going to let a $120+ sale go next door so whether we need to direct match and/or offer a BB GC to compete we will". My last convo(less than 1 week ago) w/them was regarding YMMV TRU pm's involving GC's so this is just good timing.
I was even told they'd start matching Amazon as well which I've never been able to get up to this point.

Just like anything money talks & if you know how retail works you can get ahead rather easily. Those junk $5 game warranties can be used to get YMMV pm's too.[/QUOTE]

Listen, I'm not going to go into details but I can promise you I spend more then 99% of the customers at Best Buy. I'm already over 5 figures.

That being said I would never go in and be like "Toys R us is doing a 2 for $60 sale". I know you don't match bundles and I know Madden 13 and game X Y Z aren't part of the sale but hey... if I buy ten of these games that aren't part of the sale will you give me 50% off?

----------------

It's not like you can go to Toys R Us and get them to include Madden or games X Y anad Z as part of the sale if they aren't included.

You really have no leverage other then you think you're doing them a favor by spending $240 when all you are doing is buying games at half off... which they are either losing money on or making next to nothing.

No way you're convincing me that Best Buy would make money selling new(ish) releases at half off.

damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have to buy books for school this coming week, fuck i'm ass out.
Does anyone know how long will this special last for?

[quote name='GBAstar']Listen, I'm not going to go into details but I can promise you I spend more then 99% of the customers at Best Buy. I'm already over 5 figures.

That being said I would never go in and be like "Toys R us is doing a 2 for $60 sale". I know you don't match bundles and I know Madden 13 and game X Y Z aren't part of the sale but hey... if I buy ten of these games that aren't part of the sale will you give me 50% off?

----------------

It's not like you can go to Toys R Us and get them to include Madden or games X Y anad Z as part of the sale if they aren't included.

You really have no leverage other then you think you're doing them a favor by spending $240 when all you are doing is buying games at half off... which they are either losing money on or making next to nothing.

No way you're convincing me that Best Buy would make money selling new(ish) releases at half off.[/QUOTE]All I can tell u is how I get the deals I've helped others get in on YMMV deals too at the BB's that I shop. KOP BB is great for TRU pm's since TRU is so close. Roosevelt blvd will easily match too for big purchases. Willow Grove will match Sam's club no different than any other B&M since it's 2 minutes away(there's 1 supervisor who can be "iffy" but the reg. CS reps know me by name & they help alot when needed). Montgomeryville matches everyone easy once stock/price is confirmed. Oxford Vally is pretty good too their gaming guys know their stuff.
Generally, people get denied b/c they're not prepared or act like it's unreasonable to ask for a more competitive priced based on the competition. Even my mom scored a crazy pm recently on a dryer...they matched an online offer, shipped free, hauled the old one away for free & reduced the price to offset tax b/c she said she could just goto the BB in tax free DE.

I think i want NCAA and Sleeping Dogs but i have so many games to play right now. By the time i am done playing these, i can trade em in and use in store credit to buy those two.

[quote name='VA']I have NCAA 2012 and it does not work. I have yet to complete a full game on it. There's nothing to make me believe that they have it resolved in this iteration.[/QUOTE]

But this is just your personal experience, probably something wrong with you're Xbox/ps3...? Played over 200 hours of NCAA 12' because I was in an online dynasty where we played around 20 seasons or so. I had less than 10 instances where the game froze or I got booted from EA servers etc. other than that the game was FINE for me, and NCAA 13' is even better...

I think I'm gonna try and price match this at best buy when the deal hits. I'm gonna trade my current NCAA 13' in and get $40 from best buy, then buy NCAA 13' again and Sleeping Dogs. Basically getting sleeping dogs for $20... Works for me!

I plan on -- if I can PM BB, trading in NCAA '13 and then grabbing NCAA '13 again and then considering Sleeping Dogs (wasn't super impressed with the demo) or (and this is my favored game) Amazing Spiderman (I've heard praises for this one)!!

[quote name='Bigmeat23']But this is just your personal experience, probably something wrong with you're Xbox/ps3...? Played over 200 hours of NCAA 12' because I was in an online dynasty where we played around 20 seasons or so. I had less than 10 instances where the game froze or I got booted from EA servers etc. other than that the game was FINE for me, and NCAA 13' is even better...
e![/QUOTE]

Rampant freezing issues in 13 - look at the reviews.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/cr/B006VB2UO6/ref=aw_d_cr_videogames

[quote name='Ginger Junk']Is there a limit on how many I can buy? For example, if I wanted to buy multiple copies of the same game?[/QUOTE]
I would hope they would at least let you buy 1 for each platform. But I assume nobody knows yet since this deal is not even officially confirmed. All the info we know is listed in the OP.

[quote name='Ginger Junk']Is there a limit on how many I can buy? For example, if I wanted to buy multiple copies of the same game?[/QUOTE]
there shouldnt be

I hope people shop mostly at Toys R Us instead of just price matching at Best Buy.

Recently got Max Payne 3 for $30 bucks on Amazon, but I'm very interested in a handful of other titles listed... Sleeping Dogs, which I didn't want to pay more than $30 for considering the demo and developer. Darksiders II, loved its predecessor. Prototype 2, another game that's more a $20-30 dollar game considering I hear its basically Prototype 1.5. And, The Amazing Spider-Man... I'm a huge Spidey fan, but where Beenox is concerned, none of their Spidey games are worth more than $20-30 bucks.

Anywho, hope this is real... I can see myself dropping $60 on DSII and SD. Spidey is already in the $40 range at my GS, along with P2, though, so another month or so and they'll be half that. Thanks for the heads up, OP!

This probably sounds dumb but what store does TRU stand for? This is an awesome deal I hope is true. I would love to get Darksiders 2 and Sleeping Dogs.

Edit: Never mind Toys R Us, I never shop their for my games since the closet one is at least a hour away. Hope this is online :(

Read through the thread & saw people had questions. I'll update the OP when I get home. The sign does state XBOX360 & PS3, so sorry PC gamers (I don't even think TRU carries Sleeping Dogs on PC - it's not in our system or on the website). And the sign also says 9/2-9/8. So that also suggests that it's the weekly ad.

bread's done
Back