2 for $60 select games at TRU from 9/2 - 9/8

Gertle627

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I haven't seen an ad or anything, just some signage that will be going out. I'd guess it's the weekly ad. as the dates specified are 9/2 - 9/8. It does also state 360 & PS3 for each game, along with both item numbers.

Amazing Spiderman
Arkham City
Battlefield 3
Darksiders 2
Mass Effect 3
Max Payne 3
Modern Warfare 3
NCAA Football 13
Prototype 2
Sleeping Dogs

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ghostman123']Question for TRU employees. On promotions like this, do you take returns for the split amount? Like if I only wanted one of the games and bought two, would I be able to return the 2nd game for $30 back?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure that's how it works. If I recall from the other times they've done a deal like this, you're not going to have your receipt say that one was purchased at the full amount and one game has all the discount.

[quote name='Raccoon2117']I'm pretty sure that's how it works. If I recall from the other times they've done a deal like this, you're not going to have your receipt say that one was purchased at the full amount and one game has all the discount.[/QUOTE]

And that's completely fine with me. I was just looking for a way around the buy two to get one for $30 thing. If I could get the other $30 back from the $60 spent total I'm good. I was just wondering if they'd do individual returns for a promotion like this. Any idea if they do same day returns? Could save me a trip AND $30.

[quote name='Aziatic1']sleeping dogs for myself and NCAA to flip at bb for 40 and get new madden then only payin 30 total it(with a madden 12 trade in that i never played i gotta backlog like the rest of ya'll)[/QUOTE]

probably doing the same,

[quote name='ghostman123']And that's completely fine with me. I was just looking for a way around the buy two to get one for $30 thing. If I could get the other $30 back from the $60 spent total I'm good. I was just wondering if they'd do individual returns for a promotion like this. Any idea if they do same day returns? Could save me a trip AND $30.[/QUOTE]

You should be fine returning the same day at the same store. I have bought things for my boy and we have changed our mind about and returned them later that day to the same store with no problems before.

If I have not played through the first disk of Max Payne 3 on a Redbok rental I would jump on that and Sleeping Dogs. I to might end up buying two games with the sole purpose of returning one just to get Sleeping Dogs for $30.00.

I"m really hoping this isn't a YMMV regional deal. In the past certain deals like MW3 for $29.99 were only available online and in certain markets (not mine).

My fiancée is gone all weekend and my neighbor/friend is working all weekend. I am thinking about just going to Walmart and buying both games I want for $120 and then Sunday or Monday getting the ones at TRU then taking them back.

[quote name='plus1zero']My fiancée is gone all weekend and my neighbor/friend is working all weekend. I am thinking about just going to Walmart and buying both games I want for $120 and then Sunday or Monday getting the ones at TRU then taking them back.[/QUOTE]

I'm kind of thinking of doing something similar, but I'll probably go into Walmart and say I either need to return them or you guys can price match. I like to give the retailer a chance to match before I return things.

[quote name='Gertle627']

Thanks.

[/QUOTE]

You 're welcome Gertle.

If anything I'm just returning the favor. I've been around long enough to see you've been spot on with the TRU finds you've posted up before.

[quote name='ghostman123']And that's completely fine with me. I was just looking for a way around the buy two to get one for $30 thing. If I could get the other $30 back from the $60 spent total I'm good. I was just wondering if they'd do individual returns for a promotion like this. Any idea if they do same day returns? Could save me a trip AND $30.[/QUOTE]

It's not fraud but it's a little sketchy to be doing it like that. The promo after all is meant to require you to buy 2 games to save $30 each. Not one.

[quote name='Velo214']just filp the other game at bestbuy for 31.50 or something. better than doing a b24$30 then return one...[/QUOTE]

That's assuming the trade in values don't plummet at Best Buy as soon as this starts. You guys really think they won't catch on once they have like 20 copies of NCAA 13 traded in in one day? I won't be able to get to town until that Monday so the first day of the sale is a no-go for me. We'll see what happens but I'm not expecting those games to be $16-20 before 100% Bonus like they are now.

[quote name='Ginger Junk']What does that mean?[/QUOTE]

When you do a trade in to Amazon you can lock in the trade in value and then you get a week before you have to ship it out.

SD has an image up of the ad that I haven't seen in this thread.

aut502.jpg

So given the low stock of both darksiders and sleeping dogs at my local store I decided to grab both today. How is toys r us with return/ rebuys for.this type of situation? Keeping them sealed in case anyway in case they won't adjust

[quote name='nypickle']SD has an image up of the ad that I haven't seen in this thread.

aut502.jpg
[/QUOTE]

thanks for posting this, good looking out. :applause:

[quote name='Xellos2099']Are they usually in Saturday or Sundays newspaper?[/QUOTE]
YMMV, each newspaper may contain different ads. I got mine in NYC from the Thursday ad bag dropped in front of my house.

[quote name='Xellos2099']Are they usually in Saturday or Sundays newspaper?[/QUOTE]

Retailer circulars are usually delivered with Sunday newspapers, although sometimes you can find the new ones in-store on Saturday.

[quote name='eLefAdEr'] AFAIK, BBY doesn't accept sealed games for trade-in. Just open it, maybe even take the online pass (it has one, I think) since that won't add anything to the value they give you but is something you could trade with or sell later.[/QUOTE]

Haha I'm cheap not mean. I'd feel bad taking out the code. What are the chances BBY refuses the trade in tho?

[quote name='sidewalkhustla']Haha I'm cheap not mean. I'd feel bad taking out the code. What are the chances BBY refuses the trade in tho?[/QUOTE]

Unless you're banned from trading or your Best Buy requires a receipt, why would they ever deny you a trade? Worst that can happen is the TIV tanks before you get a chance to trade it in.

[quote name='sidewalkhustla']Haha I'm cheap not mean. I'd feel bad taking out the code. What are the chances BBY refuses the trade in tho?[/QUOTE]
They will take it only if they accept games bought somewhere else. There are certain Best buy stores that only accept games bought from Best Buy. I would ask the store first if you never traded before.

lol you kids with your visual confirmations

[quote name='Rumors']So given the low stock of both darksiders and sleeping dogs at my local store I decided to grab both today. How is toys r us with return/ rebuys for.this type of situation? Keeping them sealed in case anyway in case they won't adjust[/QUOTE]
Adjustments are allowed within 14 days with the receipt. So you should be good.

September 2 cannot come soon enough!

Between the 3DS deal at Kmart, the B2G1 3DS game deal at Best Buy, and the 2 for $60 at TRU, I will have a very busy weekend.

[quote name='Rumors']So given the low stock of both darksiders and sleeping dogs at my local store I decided to grab both today. How is toys r us with return/ rebuys for.this type of situation? Keeping them sealed in case anyway in case they won't adjust[/QUOTE]

Will probably have to do this myself.

[quote name='sidewalkhustla']Is the in-store pickup for TRU accurate? It's saying no stores within 50miles have NCAA 13 in stock for either PS3 or 360[/QUOTE]

No it's not. If you look around their site, it says somewhere that they only do in-store pickup for certain things and they will slowly expand the program. It is not a good gauge at all for checking store inventory.

[quote name='CaseX']No it's not. If you look around their site, it says somewhere that they only do in-store pickup for certain things and they will slowly expand the program. It is not a good gauge at all for checking store inventory.[/QUOTE]

Thx. I'll be sure to call Saturday evening to check

[quote name='Xellos2099']What would the chance that BB will pricematch the deal if i bring in the actual newpaper?[/QUOTE]
In my local BBY, p=0.893
Seriously though, you should be able to do it. You have never tried this before?

well, best buy seems to have some kind of policy of rejecting certain type of price match, and this isn't a typical price match with 2 product for 1 price.

[quote name='polly']Darksiders 2 and Sleepy Dogs for half price just 3 weeks after release. That shit is crazy.[/QUOTE]

It's a TRU promo though, not from the dev, so don't look at a sale equating to the quality of the games.

I just dont know if I should just pay for Gamefly for a month and finish off Max Payne 3 and Sleeping Dogs from were my Redbox rentals left off. Or just pick them up at the sale next week. If I Gamefly them I will try to blow right through them and if I buy them they might just end up sitting on my shelf for awhile.

[quote name='TooPoor']In my local BBY, p=0.893
Seriously though, you should be able to do it. You have never tried this before?[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Xellos2099']well, best buy seems to have some kind of policy of rejecting certain type of price match, and this isn't a typical price match with 2 product for 1 price.[/QUOTE]
For future reference, here's the page with their price match policy:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Payment...ee/pcmcat204400050011.c?id=pcmcat204400050011

While it's a bit old, here's a post from a BB mod on their forums from 2009 stating that they do NOT at this time price match offers for free items, gifts with purchase or special bundle packages, but that stores can make exceptions on a case by case basis.

http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Ga...buy-2-get-1-free-sale-from-toy-s-r/td-p/63294

[quote name='BB forum']Hey bestbuyer23,

While we are able to match the regular sale prices of most items at our competitor’s brick-and-mortar stores, I regret to inform you that Best Buy® is unable to honor offers for free items, gifts with purchase and special bundle packages. Like TheLexMachine mentioned though individual stores may choose to make exceptions to this policy on a case-by-case basis.[/quote]

[quote name='bgame2']I'm kind of thinking of doing something similar, but I'll probably go into Walmart and say I either need to return them or you guys can price match. I like to give the retailer a chance to match before I return things.[/QUOTE]

Be careful if your getting Sleeping Dog from Wal-mart. I believe Wal-Mart has their own sku for this game. They slap a ugly ass wal-mart logo right on the front of the cover. I bought a use one from gamestop and man, this cover is ugly.

[quote name='Daring']Be careful if your getting Sleeping Dog from Wal-mart. I believe Wal-Mart has their own sku for this game. They slap a ugly ass wal-mart logo right on the front of the cover. I bought a use one from gamestop and man, this cover is ugly.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I recently tried to return some games to Wal-Mart without a receipt and they only took 1 of them back. I think I bought the others on Amazon or eBay. They scanned the rest of the games and said they weren't theirs.

I guess they're cracking down.

bread's done
Back