2 for $60 select games at TRU from 9/2 - 9/8

Gertle627

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I haven't seen an ad or anything, just some signage that will be going out. I'd guess it's the weekly ad. as the dates specified are 9/2 - 9/8. It does also state 360 & PS3 for each game, along with both item numbers.

Amazing Spiderman
Arkham City
Battlefield 3
Darksiders 2
Mass Effect 3
Max Payne 3
Modern Warfare 3
NCAA Football 13
Prototype 2
Sleeping Dogs

Last edited by a moderator:
I played SD and thought it was cool but put it up on eBay to recoup a little bit of the cost. I will be keeping DS2, man that game is DOPE!!!

Okay here is my story

Yesterday after PAX me and my group of friends decided to hit up this deal. We drove to a TRU to pick up an ad and take it to Walmart. They didn't have spare ads so we drove to Walmart to have them call a TRU to confirm the deal. This worked its just when we went to check the stock of games they(Sleeping Dogs) were all gone. Next up we drive back to TRU thinking it closes at 9 PM on Sunday but NOPE closes at 8PM thanks to Labor Day.

Next day we all go to work and one friend gets off early goes around to TRU to try again turns out they sold out. Goes to Frys to try price match says they can't because all the stores around (Walmart/TRU/BB) all sold out. Losing all hope here my friend calls a Walmart and ask for the electronics department he ask if they have sleeping dogs in stock but they don't. My friend then ask the dude on the phone if he could lie about their stock to the Frys employee because he really wants the games and amazingly the Walmart employee does it.

Long story short Frys let my friend buy 4 copies of Sleeping Dogs for us for the TRU price but declares they wont do the price match anymore after that for anyone.

[quote name='Shadowsteal123']I'm thinking about photoshopping the ad to get madden 13 :X[/QUOTE]
I'm glad you are putting your PS skills in good use.

Lmfao I won't do it. I just thought it would be less work because now I'm trying to sell sleeping dogs for $40 to buy a madden. Then I'm like wtf am I smoking I have 10 backlog games to play -.- by the time I'll be able to play madden blackops 2 and assassins creed 3 will come out and so on. Might as well wait for madden 14 ^^' or when madden 13 is $10 (madden 12 was $10 on newegg last week)

Has anyone tried printing out the page in the ad with the deal and using that to pricematch it? It's the same thing, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

I got a successful Best Buy price match. The store had a decent amount of :ps3: Angel of Death Darksiders II and :360: George St. Pierre pack Sleeping Dogs.

Went to a BB in Burlington, MA and the saleslady wouldn't price match because it was "part of a bundle". I said thanks and continued looking. A few minutes later, a guy from Home Audio came and asked if I had any questions. I explained the situation, including the part how the other lady wouldn't PM it. He said he wasn't sure why they couldn't, and after verifying the ad, was able to ring me up.

Was able to get both the LE Darksiders II and GSP pack Sleeping Dogs for the PS3.

Anyone have there order shipped yet from toys r us?

Nevered ordered online from them before so I don't know how fast/slow they are at processing orders.

Sleeping Dogs is an excellent game. I purchased it on release day, beat it and then sold it on ebay but after watching The Raid: Redemption, I got the urge to play it again so I purchased two copies of it at TRU this past Sunday.

I have purchased and finished four retail games this year (Binary Domain, Max Payne 3, Spec Ops: The Line and Sleeping Dogs).

I can easily say that I had the most fun playing Sleeping Dogs out of them all. Awesome game. Hopefully, there will be a sequel.

[quote name='dan77733']Sleeping Dogs is an excellent game. I purchased it on release day, beat it and then sold it on ebay but after watching The Raid: Redemption, I got the urge to play it again so I purchased two copies of it at TRU this past Sunday.

I have purchased and finished four retail games this year (Binary Domain, Max Payne 3, Spec Ops: The Line and Sleeping Dogs).

I can easily say that I had the most fun playing Sleeping Dogs out of them all. Awesome game. Hopefully, there will be a sequel.[/QUOTE]

Binary Domain was SUCH an underrated game in general. I'm praying for a sequel to that as well Sleeping Dogs. I definitely urge everyone to do the leg work and try to get in on this deal by any means necessary while you still can for SD alone. I only have maybe two viable gripes purely from a personal preference perspective for it. Everything else is golden.

Best Buy in Saugus, MA price matched GSP Sleeping Dogs and LE Darksider 2 (both 360) for me with no questions asked (I had the ad with me). So for ~$70 I walked out with those games and The Witcher 2.

The guy there told me I got the last copy of Sleeping Dogs but there were like 10 more copies in the back behind a locked glass shelf so sometimes they have no idea what they have.

[quote name='dan77733']Sleeping Dogs is an excellent game. I purchased it on release day, beat it and then sold it on ebay but after watching The Raid: Redemption, I got the urge to play it again so I purchased two copies of it at TRU this past Sunday.

I can easily say that I had the most fun playing Sleeping Dogs out of them all. Awesome game. Hopefully, there will be a sequel.[/QUOTE]

The Sleeping Dogs story was good, no doubt, but the side missions aren't worth doing but for trophy whores. They add nothing to story, except for 1 that involves a "girlfriend", all the others are just random people that want you to do shit.

They were interesting at first, but get boring later on. Races are fun though.

I'd recommend it for $30, or $40.

Got Sleeping Dogs and NCAA Football PM'd at Walmart, no issues. The manager who had to do the over ride couldn't beleive that came from a Toys R Us add.

[quote name='lunasicc']Anyone have there order shipped yet from toys r us?

Nevered ordered online from them before so I don't know how fast/slow they are at processing orders.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't hold your breath.

Mr TRU was sold out as expected. I checked online for my Walmart and it says for SD and DS to pick up on 9/11. My friend was in there last night though and he swears he saw both games in stock.

How accurate is walmart.com with their inventory status?

Just got back from my bestbuy. Did a trade in on some games and asked if they would price match on the Toys R us deal. Guy said sure, and just called over the manager to authorize it. Made it sound like they were doing it a lot for what its worth. This was the Tucson Mall best buy in Tucson.

Long story short happy to get my sleeping dogs and darksiders 2.

i wish that would work with darksiders 2 and the new transformers game. If so then I will either go out of my way to find a toys r us to get a friend to pick them up for me. Sadly the nearest store is about 1.5 hours away

Had one of the smoothest transactions, at my local BB today in Sacramento, in all my visits there. After going to TRU and finding them sold out of DSII and SD on PS3, and being told their store only had one weekly ad that they couldn't part with (WTF?), I picked up the two games next door at BB for full price.

Went back a few days later with a printed up ad (thanks to this thread), and it took them about 15 minutes but they managed to refund me the difference. DSII went through smoothly, but SD gave them trouble. They kept assuring me it fell under the price match policy, but may have to do a gift card.

They had to call over a manager and another clerk, but they got it figured out and refunded me $32.33 on two separate transactions. While they did that I just piped up with "while TRU had the sale, I'd much rather spend my money here" and that got a smile from the manager, heh.

I got my closest BB to PM this deal after checking the TRU website. The rep grabbed a copy of Sleeping Dogs and I grabbed an LE version of DS2.

I think they had some LE version for 360 that came with either a free comic book or something else, as it had some larger writing about some free shit on the outer package. Not to mention all of the lenticular cover versions for PS3(if they made any) were long gone.:cry: Oh well.

Either way, I got those two games for $63.60 out the door and Prototype 2 for PS3(Radnet Edition) for $21.19 after @Gamer coupon. Three games for $85 and not a cent of it came out of my own pocket. All was paid for with gaming credit.:D

[quote name='lunasicc']Anyone have there order shipped yet from toys r us?

Nevered ordered online from them before so I don't know how fast/slow they are at processing orders.[/QUOTE]

I may be having a similar problem, i placed an order on sunday, yet nothing has gone through on my paypal

[quote name='NeverGrewUp']I may be having a similar problem, i placed an order on sunday, yet nothing has gone through on my paypal[/QUOTE]

I placed my order about 30 minutes after the deal went live and i just received an email that both games are back-ordered. Utterly ridiculous! Serves me right for not finding the nearest store and picking the games up myself. This will be the first and the last time i shop at Toys "R" Us.

Eh... maybe I'll go against my better judgement and try my local BB tomorrow. I really don't think it will work I'm about 1/8 in price matches there.

Any tips to convince them to match it that might work? They are usually very strict and thorough. They always call over the manager and they sit there for 20 minutes calling stores to check inventory, checking online to see if they are in stock, then rechecking their own policy.

After being rejected at 2 different Best Buy locations with the whole we won't do it because its a bundle its basically a b1G1 free bs...I tried Walmart with absolutely no issues whatsoever. I don't know why my Best Buy has there head up their butt on this one, especially when so many other stores are doing it. If those kind of transactions are against the price match policy then either all of them should do it or none of them it makes no sense. It seems like that policy really is we will match it when we feel like it.

[quote name='Golden Lemonz']Has anyone tried printing out the page in the ad with the deal and using that to pricematch it? It's the same thing, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='NeverGrewUp']I may be having a similar problem, i placed an order on sunday, yet nothing has gone through on my paypal[/QUOTE]

I placed 4 orders through them in the last month (my daughter's birthday is also around the corner) and each time it seems to take at least one BUISNESS day for them to charge and ship out the order. With that said, Their standard shipping takes about 3 days to ship to my house.

Local Toys R Us had lots of everything but darksiders on 360....boo!!

Got it on ps3, and no reciept exchanged at walmart for 360 version (does exchange fraud exist? if so, im sorry mods!!!!)

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']Binary Domain was SUCH an underrated game in general. I'm praying for a sequel to that as well Sleeping Dogs. I definitely urge everyone to do the leg work and try to get in on this deal by any means necessary while you still can for SD alone. I only have maybe two viable gripes purely from a personal preference perspective for it. Everything else is golden.[/QUOTE]

Agree in regards to Binary Domain which is tied for my 2012 GOTY with SD. Max Payne 3 is third and Spec Ops fourth. My only complaint about BD was that there should have been a "spread out" option for your teammates because more times than not, im trying to get away from them and they kept following me no matter what commands I did. Other than that, great game.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']The Sleeping Dogs story was good, no doubt, but the side missions aren't worth doing but for trophy whores. They add nothing to story, except for 1 that involves a "girlfriend", all the others are just random people that want you to do shit.

They were interesting at first, but get boring later on. Races are fun though.

I'd recommend it for $30, or $40.[/QUOTE]

The only side missions that I got repetitive were the drug busts. Would have liked them to be a little varied. Other than that, I enjoyed all the missions, races and whatnot. Overall, the game is a lot of fun and the hand to hand combat is excellent.

What.A.Day...

I paid $60 for Sleeping Dogs alone before this sale even began. Once reports came in that people were price matching all over the freakin' USA, I felt like I was one of the few who were denied a price match on this deal. The injustice of the whole thing just didn't sit right with me and I vowed I would never give up on this deal.

I asked for some tips in this thread about how to approach sales associates and for some generally useful advice. Let me just say: THANK YOU! A little bit of research and hard work can save a lot of $$$.

The story:

Lately I have become an aficionado of store-specific game covers. Amazon frustrated me to the point of no end by fucking up all of my new games that I didn't even care about what I would save on sales tax. All of my games would come beat-to-shit inside of bubble envelopes. I would end up spending time, gas and frustration buying the games from a store like Best Buy and returning the crappy copy from Amazon anyway. Why not just save myself the frustration and buy the game directly from the store? So, fuck you, Amazon, for not using cardboard dvd mailers anymore for whatever reason! :bomb: And fuck Sony for making flimsy ass, toilet-paper-thin artwork with big, gaping holes in the blu-ray case! Anyway, I wanted to secure my copy of Sleeping Dogs from Best Buy because the Wal-Mart cover was just atrocious. A few days later, Toys 'R' Us starts the entire two games for $60. 90% of CAGs report successful price matches at Best Buys and Wal-Marts while I got denied at my own store. fuck's sake...

I let Labor Day pass and decided to go on the hunt once again. Last time I visited a specific Best Buy kind in a remote location, they had a pretty good selection of older games so I figured they would have the BB limited copy of Darksiders 2.

I also learned about the 100% trade-in promotion plus 10% unlocked bonus and decided to turn some turds in to gold. I took three games I won't mention right now with me and headed on my way.

Straight off the bat I surveyed the stock. The BB LE Darksiders were inside a cardboard stand-up, not in the aisle. So far, so good. Then I get to the Sleeping Dogs placeholder and... *gasp* EMPTY! Damn. I drove like 30+ miles for an opportunity to even price match and I'm already smelling disaster. I went to the bathroom and did my business while devising a plan.

I wanted to make sure I had other business transactions to take care of in that particular store so I didn't come off as a total beggar, as advised by the CAGs, so I started off with my trade-ins.

Out:
1x Toy Story 3 PS3 for $5
1x Lost Planet PS3 for $4
1x Terminator Salvation for $5

Which became $29.40 with 100% trade-in and 10%. Not a bad deal for a bunch of garbage. There was a specific HD collection I wanted that included three better games. I also had a $5 credit for pre-ordering Assassin's Creed III that I didn't want. I already got the steelbook but planned on losing the credit by just not picking up the game when it eventually came in anyway. I was able to put that credit toward the game I wanted and only had to pay $5 plus tax to get it.

In:
1x Metal Gear Solid 2 HD
1x Metal Gear Solid 3 HD
1x Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker HD

So, the risky part came next. I asked the guy if they had anymore Sleeping Dogs in the back. He checked the computer and it said they had a lot in stock, but none were on the floor. I can only count the amount of times I've asked if something were in the back, only to be told what they had out is what was available. Anyway, the guy went to the back and returned with a GSP copy of Sleeping Dogs. :cold:

So I finally broke the ice on this. I mentioned to him that I already purchased the game, but I wanted to see if he could price match some games for me from Toys 'R' Us. I said they were $30 each, instead of two for sixty. Then he asked about the physical ad. I pulled it from my back pocket and gave it to him. Then came the dreaded radio thing on his shirt. I was pretty much like... this is it... the manager or whoever isn't going to approve it. I was pretty much ready to walk out with half of a victory, but then he came running back saying it was approved. I was like... (literally) :cry: "Thanks for tryi... O:) WHAT?" OK. I wasn't going to argue it. I got the DS2 from the stand-up and SD and went to pay. He then called some guy in a salmon-colored t-shirt to do an override. This particular guy didn't seem too happy about it, saying how Best Buy gets screwed in this type of deal but he OK'd it since whoever on the radio said it was OK. This guy would not have done it. I don't think he put up too much of a fight since he was helping someone else and was in a rush.

When have the stars ever aligned so much for me? :booty:The guy who was my cashier was really awesome too. He kept commenting about how what a great deal it was and how he even price matched his 3DS XL at his own store using Fry's prices. I'm definitely going back to the store and the same guy, even if it's a bit out of the way. Just an awesome, awesome experience. I somehow doubt many more of these PM's will occur, but so long as I got to be the one and only. Felt good to return the other copy of SD I had to the other store for full fucking price. So I've finally gotten in on this deal and I'm pretty happy about it. Thanks, CAG. Wouldn't be possible without ya'.

[quote name='Number83']Got Sleeping Dogs and NCAA Football PM'd at Walmart, no issues. The manager who had to do the over ride couldn't beleive that came from a Toys R Us add.[/QUOTE]

i tried yesterday at walmart and they wouldnt match

wow, i actually read the essay above. wtf?
Could've just said, I was denied PM, luckily another BB PMed it. Why did we want to know about u going to the bathroom devising a plan and your trade ins? lol

[quote name='tenike1']What.A.Day...

So I've finally gotten in on this deal and I'm pretty happy about it. Thanks, CAG. Wouldn't be possible without ya'.[/QUOTE]

Fixed that for you. But seriously, I'm glad that you got in on the deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
For those on the fence about this promotion and which games to get, GET SLEEPING DOGS. I played it for around an hour or two straight earlier and didn't wanna stop playing to grab a bite to eat.:D

It's like a mix of GTA(open world feel) and Arkham City/Arkham Asylum(combat controls) thus far and I am absolutely loving this game.

There is some trial and error till you get down the timing for the counters just like with B: AC/B: AA, but once you get that down you'll be kicking the asses of whole gangs of enemies Jackie Chan style in no time.;)

Either way, check out the cast list at IMDB.com. Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2241982/fullcredits#cast

Albeit I don't recognize most of them offhand, but at least three stuck out to me: Robin Shou(Liu Kang from the 90's Mortal Kombat movies), Lucy Liu(Charlie's Angels, etc:D) and Emma Motherfuckin' Stone.:shock::drool::drool:

I went to 5 different TRU in queens and none of them had dark siders 2 and sleeping dogs. I heard from one TRU employee that some A hole bought all the sleeping dogs in stock.

TRU needs to put a cap on how many copies people are aloud to buy to slow down the flippers.

PS To the flippers out there I hope all your consoles get stolen or dies.

[quote name='otogi']I went to 5 different TRU in queens and none of them had dark siders 2 and sleeping dogs. I heard from one TRU employee that some A hole bought all the sleeping dogs in stock.

TRU needs to put a cap on how many copies people are aloud to buy to slow down the flippers.

PS To the flippers out there I hope all your consoles get stolen or dies.[/QUOTE]

Sorry everything was bought up, but after 5 different stores you should have bought on Amazon and saved the gas.

[quote name='mcthatch']Sorry everything was bought up, but after 5 different stores you should have bought on Amazon and saved the gas.[/QUOTE]
Either that or gone to BB and PM'd TRU. That's what many of us did. No running around to multiple stores here.

So I've finally gotten in on this deal and I'm pretty happy about it. Thanks, CAG. Wouldn't be possible without ya'. PM at best buy in OKC

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']Flippers won't make much on this. Games not going for much on ebay.[/QUOTE]
I always assumed the flippers use mostly CL? You know, with eBay raping sellers and all...

I went to Long Island City TRU today morning, employee told me one guy bought more than 30 pcs Sleeping Dogs AM,DSII yesterday.
employee didn't want to sell everything,but manager let him to buy them all.
A hole manager

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Either that or gone to BB and PM'd TRU. That's what many of us did. No running around to multiple stores here.[/QUOTE]

did you like darksiders 2 ?

[quote name='otogi']I went to 5 different TRU in queens and none of them had dark siders 2 and sleeping dogs. I heard from one TRU employee that some A hole bought all the sleeping dogs in stock.

PS To the flippers out there I hope all your consoles get stolen or dies.[/QUOTE]

I went to Long Island City TRU today morning, employee told me one guy bought more than 30 pcs Sleeping Dogs AM,DSII yesterday.
employee didn't want to sell everything,but manager let him to buy them all.
A hole manager

bread's done
Back