2 million free MS points

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Lonestar9']We can only hope that's the case. It should be only 1 win per gamertag, so everyone can just win 1 time, and that's it.[/QUOTE]

Agrees.

So when will we be notified if we won..?
After each day, or after all 3 days are up?

What concerns me is you can still sign up. I think it is a drawing (but didnt it say first come first serve and that they would stop taking names if no prizes were left?)

[quote name='fraggedbylaggers']What concerns me is you can still sign up. I think it is a drawing (but didnt it say first come first serve and that they would stop taking names if no prizes were left?)[/QUOTE]

Chances are it is a drawing, though I don't know why they would list three different times for entry for a drawing.

Yeah, you still can sign up. They can't possibly have any left. Maybe it IS a drawing...

If so, they should have made that clear. It doesn't say anything in the rules about a random drawing, or being selected.

[quote name='lordopus99']My guess it is a drawing for each day. Hopefully I can score 400 each of the three days :cool:[/QUOTE]
You're only allowed to win once.

[quote name='Damian']You're only allowed to win once.[/QUOTE]

Then we all pretty much have a good chance of getting something. It's like 1,500 for Saturday and Sunday..and 5,000 on Monday?

I think if that's it, out of 7,000 people I'm SURE most of cags will win.
At least I hope :D

It says u will be notified if you win so I would say it's a drawing that that you can only win one time even though it's 3 different drawings.

It seems like a drawing, because you can still enter. But the site says, open from 4pm EST to 11:59 pm or until supplies are exhausted. That makes it sound like first come first serve.

Wierd. Hope I get something...

[quote name='mykevermin']Chances are it is a drawing, though I don't know why they would list three different times for entry for a drawing.[/QUOTE]

3 different drawings so that they can get more people to go to their website for advertising reasons.

I hope they send out emails tonight after midnite if you won!!

But I think they are notifying us after this is all done..am I right?

[quote name='hhhdx4']How many times can you enter during the three days?[/QUOTE]
Probably only once since you have to enter your gamertag.

It says after you enter that you will be notified within 3 business days. If they mean "business days" the way every other place in the world means "business days" that excludes the weekend and means sometime before Wednesday.

How many times you can enter is not really clear. I plan on entering once a day.

[quote name='Stormy151']It says after you enter that you will be notified within 3 business days. If they mean "business days" the way every other place in the world means "business days" that excludes the weekend and means sometime before Wednesday.

How many times you can enter is not really clear. I plan on entering once a day.[/QUOTE]

Depends on if Monday (MLK Day) is going to count as a business day..ya know? Sigh!

Yea Monday's already screwin me because I'm going to have to wait on speakers and my gamefly disc! Grrrr. Anybody do that shit where you text in to get access codes so you can see videos on FutureWeapon's site. I've already seen the first season.

[quote name='PyroGamer']Huh? Where does it say you get 400 free points?[/QUOTE]

Reading the fine print nets you how many winners there are.

2 million points / # of winners = 400pts per winner.

[quote name='CitizenB']I assume you can enter once a day. I entered hoping for a free game or content.[/quote]

It clearly says one entry per person. I would take that as meaning one entry total.

Meh I entered twice because I had an older Gamertag. Just realized its pointless because they probably credit the 400 points into your account and not by emailing you a code.

I heard they email you a code, and don't just credit it to your account.

I messesd up and entered early (not during 4:00pm-midnight).

Should I enter again at 4:00pm? Or will I still get a code if I've won?

[quote name='Kendro']Meh I entered twice because I had an older Gamertag. Just realized its pointless because they probably credit the 400 points into your account and not by emailing you a code.[/QUOTE]
The rules specifically say they email you a token code.

[quote name='Spybreak8']Anybody do that shit where you text in to get access codes so you can see videos on FutureWeapon's site. I've already seen the first season.[/quote]

The access code is 011507. There was an ad for it in this months issue of Wired. It was pretty cool, you had to put your thumb on this area printed with heat sensitive ink for "access" and it changed color and showed you the code.

So.. did anyone who entered yesterday do it again today??

I just did. Hopefully they do mean you can enter once per day. I hope so, because I'll be DQ'd from it :(

You know, the banner says "Three days, three chances to win" and the rules say one per email per person per household. I don't get it. I sent another entry today, I hope I don't get disqualified because of it.

[quote name='Damian']The rules specifically say they email you a token code.[/quote]

What I don't get is if they simply email you the code, it seems that none of the other crap matters. Meaning, what does your addy or Gamertag have anything to do with winning? Couldn't you theoretically enter 100 times, fill in a fake Gamertag like CAG1, CAG2, CAG3, and input fake addys like 123 CAG Lane, and still win as long as you have a legitimate email? I don't think the Discovery Channel is working hand in hand with MS making sure every Gamertag is legit. If they just email you the code, it seems all you need are legit emails (so you'll be notified that you actually won something) and just fill in crap for the other info.

[quote name='Kendro']What I don't get is if they simply email you the code, it seems that none of the other crap matters. Meaning, what does your addy or Gamertag have anything to do with winning? Couldn't you theoretically enter 100 times, fill in a fake Gamertag like CAG1, CAG2, CAG3, and input fake addys like 123 CAG Lane, and still win as long as you have a legitimate email? I don't think the Discovery Channel is working hand in hand with MS making sure every Gamertag is legit. If they just email you the code, it seems all you need are legit emails (so you'll be notified that you actually won something) and just fill in crap for the other info.[/quote]
yeah, i just BS-ed those except for my real email/gamertag

[quote name='lilboo']So.. did anyone who entered yesterday do it again today??

I just did. Hopefully they do mean you can enter once per day. I hope so, because I'll be DQ'd from it :([/quote]

I did too. I am taking "3 days, 3 chances to win" to mean you can enter once, all three times. I mean, what if I don't win on one day? I have TWO more chances, right?

[quote name='Stormy151']I did too. I am taking "3 days, 3 chances to win" to mean you can enter once, all three times. I mean, what if I don't win on one day? I have TWO more chances, right?[/QUOTE]

Agreed. So hopefully some of us CAGs win and we also say how many times we entered and all...

I hate when things aren't clear. Grrrr

Alright, call me anxious, BUT I WANT TO PREPARE!
I have not signed up for the "free" ones, but plan on entering AFTER the show (if I remember correctly, there is some sort of a quiz?). After the show is over, will a link or something pop up on the main page (like when it got to be whatever time the past 2 days)? If not, someone please correct me. I don't want it to be 10pm and I am staring at the screen wondering wtf to do.

is anyone watching the show? i'm too lazy to watch it and hopefully someone will post the answer to the question for tonight

Good show, but for some reason when I signed up it did NOT ask for a question about the show...nontheless, their advertising worked: I like the show and am willing to watch it next week.

I registered once each night, and it gave me the same form each night. I think they ask you a question when you get your email?

I saw the show to. Boring. Just played PSP.

Well, I entered once all 3 days. Tonight, it didn't ask me a question, it was just like it's been all the other nights.

Not a very clear or well executed contest, thats for sure. Hope I get something out of it at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back