$2 Videogame Clearance at Best Buy PS2/Xbox/GC/GBA/DS/PSP (Some -$3 after rebate!)

little_krampy

CAGiversary!
I'll try and keep this list up to date. I have a feeling this list will be hot for about a day and then no one will be able to find anything at any BB.

Playstation 2
Radiata Stories $4.99
Enthusia Professional Racing $4.99
LA Rush $9.99
Rise Of Kasai $4.99
2pack with Corvette and Starsky was 1.99
Backyard Wrestling $1.99
Death by Degrees $1.99
Dragon Ball Z Sagas $1.99
DT Racer PS2 NOW $9.99 - This was $1.99 on Monday, but BB changed the price.
Max Payne 2 $1.99
Metal Arms $1.99
NanoBreaker (PS2) - $1.99
NBA Ballers $1.99 PriceGrabber $5 Rebate
Project Snowblind $1.99
Starsky and Hutch $1.99
Stuntman PS2 $1.99
Terminator 3: Rise of The Machines $1.99 PriceGrabber $5 Rebate
Viewtiful Joe $1.99

Xbox
Major League Baseball 2K5: World Series Edition $9.99
Total Overdose $19.99
Tecmo Classic Arcade with Tecmo Bowl $9.99
Marc Ecko's Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure $39.99 free shipping
Taito Legends $9.99
Constantine $1.99
Full Spectrum Warrior $1.99
Outlaw tennis $1.99
Medal Of Honor: Rising Sun $1.99 PriceGrabber $5 Rebate
MLB 2k5 $1.99
Second Sight $1.99

Gamecube
Mad Catz Dance Beat Pad $14.99
Spiderman 2 $1.99
Fantastic Four $1.99
Midway Arcade Treasures 3 $1.99

GBA
Hamtaro: Ham-Ham Games $9.99
Beyblade GRevolution 1.99
James Pond $1.99
Nightmare Before Christmas: Pumpkin King $1.99
Pokemon Vids 1.99
Shaman King Sprinting Wolf 1.99 (Soaring Eagle still 19.99)
Starsky & Hutch 1.99 (some had a UPC sticker that made it 9.99)

DS
Pac N' Roll $9.99
Ridge Racer $4.99
Ping Pals $1.99
Sprung $1.99

PSP
Frantix 9.99
Frogger PSP 9.99
Gretzky NHL 9.99 PriceGrabber $5 Rebate

(Edited by shipwreck to include games with $5 PG rebate).

[quote name='oremites']I'm not sure what you mean by the time "required" to play it. It was about average for RPG's in how long it took me to finish it. I thought it was really enjoyable.

If you're talking about being a "completist" who feels compelled to find every secret and collect every object, then you're probably right. I finished with about 70 out of 177 "friends" collected and that was just fine by me. I had a great time with it.[/QUOTE]
I don't mean time required to complete it, I mean to PLAY it. I spent 5 hours with it and didn't enjoy a one. The battle system felt like a neutered Star Ocean, and the story and characters were fully uninteresting.

I just checked my local best buy. there were 2 radiata stories.. no time for RPGs. I didn't pick up, but FYI, it was there when I checked 1 hour ago.

Framingham, MA bestbuy.. good luck.

[quote name='Wario64']does it say any availability on the store locator for you too?

the store locator isnt 100% accurate. i might check out my local best buy but im dont want to call since most likely that'll tip some employee off to hoard copies[/quote]

The store locator was correct this time. I have had the store locator be wrong because someome beat me to it. The locator is not real time accurate.

It best to call but don't alert the guys of the price otherwise they might get 'em for themselves. I actually got a nice guy. He said he was going to get one and he put those on hold for me at Customer Service. When I called back he said they were all gone but my three were still on hold. :)

Just got back from BB in Onalaska, WI. No Radiata Stories in stock.
Did pick up:
Enthusia (PS2) $4.99
Spiderman 2 (GC) $1.99
Ridge Racer DS $4.99
Ping Pals DS $1.99
Nightmare Before Christmas GBA $1.99

Got the last Enthusia, Spiderman 2, and Nightmare Before Christmas.
They still had quite a few Ridge Racers and Ping Pals

[quote name='shadylane']those in the new york area there are 13 copies on 86 and lexington ave[/quote]
[quote name='rocky76']I just checked my local best buy. there were 2 radiata stories.. no time for RPGs. I didn't pick up, but FYI, it was there when I checked 1 hour ago.[/quote]

Pick these up for CAGs. If you are there and there are 4.99 Radiata Stories, you won't have trouble unloading or trading them. Help some brothas out.

[quote name='jbroush99']Just got back from BB in Onalaska, WI. No Radiata Stories in stock.
Did pick up:
Enthusia (PS2) $4.99
Spiderman 2 (GC) $1.99
Ridge Racer DS $4.99
Ping Pals DS $1.99
Nightmare Before Christmas GBA $1.99

Got the last Enthusia, Spiderman 2, and Nightmare Before Christmas.
They still had quite a few Ridge Racers and Ping Pals[/QUOTE]
Wow... I can't pass up Spiderman 2 for $2, can I? Of course it's no longer on their site, so I'll have to stop by after work to check it out.

This list seems to be getting larger.

Here is what has been listed so far for under $5

PS2
Radiata Stories: $4.99
Enthusia Professional Racing $4.99
Starsky and Hutch $1.99
2pack with Corvette and Starsky was 1.99
NanoBreaker (PS2) - $2
Stuntman PS2 $2
DT Racer PS2 $2

Xbox all $2
Full Spectrum Warrior
Outlaw tennis
MLB 2k5
MOH: Rising Sun

GBA $2
James Pond
Nightmare Before Christmas

GC
Spiderman 2 $1.99

DS
Ridge Racer $4.99
Ping Pals $1.99

I am going in about an hour. :bouncy: :applause:

damn, why do you guys have these deals at your BB's? it always seems that my Best Buy in Dublin, CA never has any deals. I'm pretty sure games like spider-man2, and ridge racers would still be marked at MSRP. And TR:angel of darkness, state of emergency and crap would still be at least $9.99. ya...it sucks. going to check later for prices on radiata stories anyways.

OK, I may as well say this here.

I'll pay $8 for a shipped copy of Radiata. That's not much more than cost + shipping, I know...but it can't hurt to ask. :)

Also, hotwls13, you can add Max Payne 2 for PS2 ($2) to that list. And mkg12: I don't think this sale is YMMV. Just because it's marked at one price, doesn't mean that's what it will ring up. They just might not have updated the stickers. Try getting them price checked, if they have any at your store.

Death by Degrees (PS2) $1.99
Viewtiful Joe (PS2) $1.99
Project Snowblind (PS2) $1.99
Backyard Wrestling (PS2) $1.99

Ape Escape 3 (PS2) $19.99: $14.99 after GGC

[quote name='kell']
Ape Escape 3 (PS2) $19.99: $14.99 after GGC[/QUOTE]

Seriously?

It "no longer exists" on Best Buy's website, I might have to swing back by there again today.

All the other games I can live without.

What sucks is that you won't be able to trade them into Best Buy if you've got one that takes trade-ins since they give some pretty good amounts for mediocre games.

alright and add Dragon Ball Z Sagas PS2 for 1.99 & Terminator 3: Rise of The Machines PS2

as of now Texarkana Best Buy has 1 more Terminator 3 PS2, 2 viewtiful Joe PS2, and 1 Pumpkin King GBA

Macedonia, OH

PS2
Radiata 4.99
Enthusia 4.99
Metal Arms 1.99
Corvette/Starsky 1.99
Death By Degrees 1.99
DS
Sprung 1.99
PSP
Frantix 9.99
Frogger PSP 9.99
GBA
Beyblade Rev 1.99
Pokemon Vids 1.99
Pumpkin King 1.99
James Pond 1.99
Shaman King Sprinting Wolf 1.99 (Soaring Eagle still 19.99)
Starsky 1.99 (some had a UPC sticker that made it 9.99)
PC
Starsky .01

Cuyahoga Falls had NOTHING. CSR seemed really shady, I'll post about it later

EDIT: fuck! I knew i should have price checked Snowblind!

Dave

[quote name='mkelehan']If you missed Radiata, I wouldn't worry. It's not so much a question of how much money it's worth, it's a question of if it's worth the time required to play it. I'd say no.[/QUOTE]

well said dude...this game blows....its the start of the fall of square. this games story line is subpar at best and is just a visual makeover for star ocean. pretty much the exact same system. I cannot believe how terrible this game was. dont buy it just cuz its 5 bucks because that 5 bucks is a nice mickey d's value meal.

Hmmm one bestbuy in the area has it, but it isn't in walking distance and I don't have a car. If I can get someone to go there I may pick up a few.

so I called BB for radiata....

me: You guys got radiata stories?
employee: Nope we're all sold out but you can try gamestop down the street.
me: o_O

2nd call to another best buy
me: You guys got radiata stories?
girl answering: No we don't (without even checking)

geat customer service I tell ya....

[quote name='rickybee2003']well said dude...this game blows....its the start of the fall of square. this games story line is subpar at best and is just a visual makeover for star ocean. pretty much the exact same system. I cannot believe how terrible this game was. dont buy it just cuz its 5 bucks because that 5 bucks is a nice mickey d's value meal.[/QUOTE]
Game was made by Tri-ace, developers of Star Ocean, you know.

Anyway, should someone start a trading topic for this sale? It seems to be the big clearance at the moment.

I'll do it, if that's cool with the administration...

Picked up Shaman King(GBA), Sprung(NDS), Full Spectrum Warrior(all $1.99) and the last copy of Radiata Stories after hitting two Best Buys, although after reading reviews I think I'll try and get rid of the former two at cost. It doesn't make sense to me how BBY has been overstocked with Radiata Stories since the game came out and suddenly today they magically disappear, but I scored one so I don't really care anymore.

Also of note, I noticed True Swing Golf(NDS), Wipeout(PSP), Ape Escape Academy(PSP) and Ape Escape 3(PS2) all dropped to $19.99.

[quote name='sanjuro']Picked up Shaman King(GBA), Sprung(NDS), Full Spectrum Warrior(all $1.99) and the last copy of Radiata Stories after hitting two Best Buys, although after reading reviews I think I'll try and get rid of the former two at cost. It doesn't make sense to me how BBY has been overstocked with Radiata Stories since the game came out and suddenly today they magically disappear, but I scored one so I don't really care anymore.

Also of note, I noticed True Swing Golf(NDS), Wipeout(PSP), Ape Escape Academy(PSP) and Ape Escape 3(PS2) all dropped to $19.99.[/QUOTE]

Why does Ape Escape Academy drop, yet that damn Ape Escape port on PSP will never drop :(

not sure if it was mentioned yet, but the 5 dollars R. Stories game is probably available at your best buy, even if it shows out of stock when checking online for your store. I just came back with one (the last one) but it already showed oos online. So you may wanna call or go check out your nearest BB.

[quote name='little_krampy']

Playstation 2
Radiata Stories $4.99 Big YMMV, I show OOS online and in my whole state.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...8&id=1115365934589&skuId=7244779&type=product2pack with Corvette and Starsky was 1.99
NanoBreaker (PS2) - $1.99
Stuntman PS2 $1.99
DT Racer PS2 $1.99
Metal Arms $1.99
Max Payne 2 $1.99
Death by Degrees $1.99
Viewtiful Joe $1.99
Project Snowblind $1.99
Backyard Wrestling $1.99

Xbox
Outlaw tennis $1.99

DS
Ridge Racer $4.99
Ping Pals $1.99
Sprung $1.99
[/quote]

Went to bestbuy on my break from work. Someone picked up the last Radiata Story. I was able to purchase Genji for $10, the Starsky and Hutch combo for $2 and also DT racer for $2.

I had someone scan the price of Ridge Racer, came up $15, Outlaw Tennis also scanned in at $15 as well. I hope the other CAGGERS have more luck.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Game was made by Tri-ace, developers of Star Ocean, you know.

Anyway, should someone start a trading topic for this sale? It seems to be the big clearance at the moment.

I'll do it, if that's cool with the administration...[/QUOTE]

Well, I have a Nanobreaker if anyone wants to trade for another $2 game.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Game was made by Tri-ace, developers of Star Ocean, you know.

I'll do it, if that's cool with the administration...[/QUOTE]
okay....this doesn't mean they can get away with hiding a previous title under a cel-shaded costume but besides that it simply isnt worth buying aven for 5 bucks.

[quote name='schnuth']Thanks OP! I got the last copy of Radiata Stories at my local BestBuy.

schnuth[/QUOTE]

DAMN YOU

Which one? Monroe? Did they have any Nightmare Before Christmas? I am interested in that...

anyone want PING PALS let me know Picked up the last 2 locally

Probally going to run them back friday if noone wants them or just use them for cheap cases

[quote name='solsovly']

I had someone scan the price of Ridge Racer, came up $15, Outlaw Tennis also scanned in at $15 as well. I hope the other CAGGERS have more luck.[/QUOTE]

Did Ridge Racer have a new UPC sticker over the UPC? And did it ring up as something like NDS Value Tray? If so that was the reason, only a Ridge Racer DS that has no sticker over the original UPC will ring up $4.99. I went to 3 Best Buys 2 weeks ago when they had those other markdowns and all had the sticker over the UPC but at the 3rd one, the shelf tag said $4.99 so they did honor the $4.99 price for me.

I picked up a Tecmo Arcade locally (no Radiatas) since I was passing by that way and bought an Enthusia from the web. Around $7 shipped for Enthusia is worth it. I skipped it in favor of Forza and GT4, but the OPM demo from a while back indicated a good game that unfortunately had to go up against the unexpectedly awesome Forza.

Looking for Nightmare Berfore Christmas (GBA) if anyone finds an extra one...have an extra Viewtiful Joe or $$...Thanks.

[quote name='neudog']Site seems to have been updated with normal prices e.g Project Snowblind was $1.99 now $9.99[/QUOTE]

I only see the XBox version on the site, I thought only the PS2 version was $1.99?

If anyone can swoop me up a Nightmare Before Christmas (GBA) or Radiata Stories, I'll be grateful!

Help a CAG out in this dire time of need

its just too freaking bad this wasnt ALL online like the last sale ......

all i got with

the
Death by degrees ps 2
and

3x PING PALS (anyone need one just ask)

i will check for Nightmare before xmas tomorrow f or people.... Too late to run back tonight and hopefully they restock

Not calling any stores, but I've never been able to get into any of these BBs sales. I've always had some luck around the other stores, though...strange. A quick search shows me that I'd have to run all over NY just to get some of the 4.99 games...meh, I really just want Ape Escape 3 for $15.00 after GGC...so if I miss out maybe I can get in on a trade later.

And it looks like DBZ Sagas and Terminator 3 were added to the XBox section of the list when the person who posted them said they were for PS2

I just got back from Best Buy. Was able to pick up these.

PS2
Nanobreaker (1.99)
Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (1.99)

DS
Pac n' Roll (9.99)

I noticed there were plenty of copies of Terminator 3 and there was 1 copy of Nightmare Before Christmas that I passed up, If i knew there was so much interest here I would have picked it up. Oh well too lazy to drive out to Best Buy again.

Thanks OP...

Picked up the last Radiata Stories and the following for only $1.99 each:

PS2 NBA Ballers
XBX Medal of Honor: Rising Sun
GBA Shaman King
GBA NBC: The Pumpkin King
PS2 Corvette/S&H 2 pack
GC Fantastic Four
GC Midway Arcade Treasures 3
XBX Full Spectrum Warrior

Not a bad haul for just over 20 bones. Thanks again OP.

If anyone has an extra NDS Ridge Racer let me know.

Did you take them to the register to have them price checked or just looked at the sticker or shelf price? If you didn't have them scanned at the register, chances are they were marked down and the price tags and shelf tags were not up to date.

bread's done
Back