$2 Videogame Clearance at Best Buy PS2/Xbox/GC/GBA/DS/PSP (Some -$3 after rebate!)

little_krampy

CAGiversary!
I'll try and keep this list up to date. I have a feeling this list will be hot for about a day and then no one will be able to find anything at any BB.

Playstation 2
Radiata Stories $4.99
Enthusia Professional Racing $4.99
LA Rush $9.99
Rise Of Kasai $4.99
2pack with Corvette and Starsky was 1.99
Backyard Wrestling $1.99
Death by Degrees $1.99
Dragon Ball Z Sagas $1.99
DT Racer PS2 NOW $9.99 - This was $1.99 on Monday, but BB changed the price.
Max Payne 2 $1.99
Metal Arms $1.99
NanoBreaker (PS2) - $1.99
NBA Ballers $1.99 PriceGrabber $5 Rebate
Project Snowblind $1.99
Starsky and Hutch $1.99
Stuntman PS2 $1.99
Terminator 3: Rise of The Machines $1.99 PriceGrabber $5 Rebate
Viewtiful Joe $1.99

Xbox
Major League Baseball 2K5: World Series Edition $9.99
Total Overdose $19.99
Tecmo Classic Arcade with Tecmo Bowl $9.99
Marc Ecko's Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure $39.99 free shipping
Taito Legends $9.99
Constantine $1.99
Full Spectrum Warrior $1.99
Outlaw tennis $1.99
Medal Of Honor: Rising Sun $1.99 PriceGrabber $5 Rebate
MLB 2k5 $1.99
Second Sight $1.99

Gamecube
Mad Catz Dance Beat Pad $14.99
Spiderman 2 $1.99
Fantastic Four $1.99
Midway Arcade Treasures 3 $1.99

GBA
Hamtaro: Ham-Ham Games $9.99
Beyblade GRevolution 1.99
James Pond $1.99
Nightmare Before Christmas: Pumpkin King $1.99
Pokemon Vids 1.99
Shaman King Sprinting Wolf 1.99 (Soaring Eagle still 19.99)
Starsky & Hutch 1.99 (some had a UPC sticker that made it 9.99)

DS
Pac N' Roll $9.99
Ridge Racer $4.99
Ping Pals $1.99
Sprung $1.99

PSP
Frantix 9.99
Frogger PSP 9.99
Gretzky NHL 9.99 PriceGrabber $5 Rebate

(Edited by shipwreck to include games with $5 PG rebate).

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Midway Arcade Treasures 3 for $2?!?! HOLY SHIT! I guess I have to head out again. :(

I'm sick as hell, but I've got to check on that.[/QUOTE]

Seriously, this will be the 4th time I've been to best buy :)

Full spectrum, radiata story and pumpkin king is all I want , but none are showing up anywhere near me. But of course they don't update there website too often, so there is still a chance they still have it like the past few deals.

Going to go check BB now...I'll grab anything (if there's anything left) for you guys in here!

EDIT: Bah! Next bus leaves at :25 after the hour (4:25) and I wouldn't get back until 6:05! (And I've got a class at 6:30...)

I guess I'm gonna go try and find a different route there...

Did these drop today? I'm wondering why the prices shot back up on the site.. maybe they're still in effect B&M, but will go away tonight with a system update or something.

Edit: Has this hit FatDoucheWallet yet? BB's site is slow as hell, and I doubt CAG's would be sucking up all the bandwidth. As I'm searching for games, I'm getting the "We're sorry, page no longer exists" error

[quote name='nnthomas']DAMN YOU

Which one? Monroe? Did they have any Nightmare Before Christmas? I am interested in that...[/quote]
I haven't seen Radiata Stories at the Monroe street location for a long time. Must have been the Airport store, which I know had three copies as of a few weeks ago, when I bought mine...for $30 #-o

I wish there were more PSP games being clearanced. I would love to pick up some of the launch titles at $10 a pop or less (Untold Legends, Darkstalkers, Twisted Metal, Metal Gear Acid etc).

[quote name='Skylander7']Did these drop today? I'm wondering why the prices shot back up on the site.. maybe they're still in effect B&M, but will go away tonight with a system update or something.

Edit: Has this hit FatDoucheWallet yet? BB's site is slow as hell, and I doubt CAG's would be sucking up all the bandwidth. As I'm searching for games, I'm getting the "We're sorry, page no longer exists" error[/quote]

I was asking myself the same question. I did a quick search on their forums 10 minutes ago, and didn't see anything posted, but that may not mean much...:bomb:

I picked up these at my best buy

ping pals ds
project snowblind ps2
outlaw tennis xbox
nanobreaker ps2
midway arcade treasures 3 gamecube
spiderman 2 the movie gamecube
medal of honor rising sun xbox
metal arms glitch in the system ps2
major league baseball 2k5 xbox
second sight xbox

if anyone has radiata stories i will trade 2 or 3 of the games i got for it. lmk

I picked up Second Sight for the xbox for 1.99. I would really like to get the following.
Spiderman 2 (GC)
Midway Arcade Treasures 3 (GC)
Fantastic Four (GC)
I would gladly pay cost + shipping plus extra if anyone wants to pick it up for me
PM me and i will forever be in your debt, plus i will give you money!

I was able to pick up the following (all $2):

PS2:
Death By Degrees
Nanobreaker
Viewtiful Joe

GBA:
BeyBlade GRevolution
James Pond
Nightmare Before Christmas: Pumpkin King
Shaman King: Legacy Of The Spirits - Sprinting Wolf

Xbox:
Constantine
Outlaw Tennis

Anybody wanna pick up Death by Degrees and Midway Arcade Teasures 3 for me? I'd pay cost + tax + shipping + extra.:)

I'm going to BB in about an hour - PM me wants(no radiatas are there, for sure) and ill see what i can find.

*edit* off i go, too late now

[quote name='rickybee2003']well said dude...this game blows....its the start of the fall of square. this games story line is subpar at best and is just a visual makeover for star ocean. pretty much the exact same system. I cannot believe how terrible this game was. dont buy it just cuz its 5 bucks because that 5 bucks is a nice mickey d's value meal.[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't say it's a sign of the "fall of Square." FF12 and KH2 are, by all accounts so far, amazing.

[quote name='mkelehan']I wouldn't say it's a sign of the "fall of Square." FF12 and KH2 are, by all accounts so far, amazing.[/QUOTE]
Seriously. It's like, every time a (huge, repected, and popular) game company puts out a game that gets even so-so reviews and fan reception, there's a squad of people out to declare that "ZOMG IT'S THE BEGINNING OF THE END FOR [insert company here]." :headache:

On topic, I guess I need to head back out to check on MAT3 and Spiderman 2. I'm still sick, but I can't pass these up...

Oh, and one thing I forgot to mention. When I was talking to the Best Buy employee, he said that he has had a complete list of the markdowns for a week. How the freak did this thing not get leaked early?

[quote name='mkelehan']I wouldn't say it's a sign of the "fall of Square." FF12 and KH2 are, by all accounts so far, amazing.[/QUOTE]

i think the glory time of RPG was when Square and Enix were 2 competing companies..... man...those FF vs. DQ era.. loved it! (I was living in Asia at the time so I really felt the competition, some people are FF maniac and some are DQ maniac...and of course i was in the DQ camp! who can resist Dragon Ball look alike characters in a RPG?!)

I went to the Emeryville CA location, got Fanastic 3, MAT3, and DT Racer. Last copies of all since one of the employees took the last DT Racer. Three of the workers got all excited and checked everything out but all that was left is a bunch of Stuntman. Then went to the Union City BB, looks like they had nothing except I noticed a tag for $1.99 Nanobreaker.

Guess I'm just going to order Enthusia, gonna ask some friends to see if they can check their local BBs for Radiata.

[quote name='guyver2077']damn people actually call best buy to ask if they have a game.. i would of never bothered with that as its such a big store[/quote]

I used to call stores when I was much younger, and didn't have a means of getting their easily, but now I just don't trust them, so I go myself to find out.

[quote name='shipwreck']Oh, and one thing I forgot to mention. When I was talking to the Best Buy employee, he said that he has had a complete list of the markdowns for a week. How the freak did this thing not get leaked early?[/QUOTE]
Do we still have BB employees on the board? Yeahman used to get early info often. We have a bunch of CC employees, hell I'm one of them and I don't even know how they get the price drop information.

[quote name='shipwreck']Oh, and one thing I forgot to mention. When I was talking to the Best Buy employee, he said that he has had a complete list of the markdowns for a week. How the freak did this thing not get leaked early?[/QUOTE]

Holy shit.. I totally agree. The entire time I've been on CAG, I can't recall such a slow response time. That's really odd.. especially with the community being this size now.

Man.. if somebody's had this for a week, and didn't post it out of fear of being flamed for a possible repost, that's gonna suck.

By the way OP, thanks for the heads up.

I only called because I have to work and won't get off till 5pm. Otherwise I would have just dropped by. Its not always a guarantee but chances are higher that you might get it. Unless some CS decides to give it to the first person that asks about it. Its happened to me a few times. I'm optimistic that it will be waiting there for me. I called at 10:00am right before opening.

My store was a bust:

4 copies of Midway Arcade Treasures 3- Picked up 2
2 copies of Rise of Kasai- Got one
Tag left over for Radiata Stories, but no copies left.
1 Full Auto faceplate- picked it up

That's all.

The extra Midway Arcade Treasures 3 is up for trade, so if you are willing to trade any of the following for it, let me know:

Death by Degrees $1.99
Viewtiful Joe $1.99
NBA Ballers $1.99
Outlaw tennis $1.99
MOH: Rising Sun $1.99
Spiderman 2 $1.99
Fantastic Four $1.99
Nightmare Before Christmas $1.99

Thanks.

I managed to snag an extra Radiata Stories (PS2) and Midway Arcade Treasures 3 (GCN). Please see my tradelist if anyone's interested.

[quote name='Togepy']
The extra Midway Arcade Treasures 3 is up for trade, so if you are willing to trade any of the following for it, let me know:

Death by Degrees $1.99
Viewtiful Joe $1.99
NBA Ballers $1.99
Outlaw tennis $1.99
MOH: Rising Sun $1.99
Spiderman 2 $1.99
Fantastic Four $1.99
Nightmare Before Christmas $1.99
[/quote]

PM Sent!

This is now officially a CAG State Secret!

cagcommie.jpg

Don't tell anyone else!

To be honest, there are some ice things on the list, but not anything I'm crying for a must have. So I probably won't rush out tonight against traffic. But I was going to hit the stores tomorrow to pick up robot chicken so I'll hit it in the mornign and see if anythings eft. I already have Radiata Stores. I would like soem two dollar love, but I have so much to play now and don't want to deal with traffic.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']
To be honest, there are some ice things on the list, but not anything I'm crying for a must have. So I probably won't rush out tonight against traffic. But I was going to hit the stores tomorrow to pick up robot chicken so I'll hit it in the mornign and see if anythings eft. I already have Radiata Stores. I would like soem two dollar love, but I have so much to play now and don't want to deal with traffic.[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

With Oblivion last week, and Kingdom Hearts 2 in a day, I could really care less about some $2 garbage games that I will probably never play, and end up selling in a few months.

That's how Best Buy tries to make money off me... no luck on MAT3 or Spiderman 2, but I was planning on getting REmake if they would accept my 10% off coupon still (says March, but also says 3/25/06, but they let it go), since it's too cheap for a GGC even if I found one.

And then I did a double-take when I saw the PC GBA titles out. So I picked up Yoshi's Island as well; still a decent haul for $33. And it should put me over the limit for my first RZ cert.

im heading to BB tomorrow. anyone want me to pick something up they wanted but couldnt find?

if anyone found a Radiata Stories they'd be willing to part with, i'd REALLY appreciate it. i already have the guidebook from the BradyGames sale and would gladly pay cost + shipping + a little something extra for your trouble if you want it.

that's the only must have game for me from this clearance...maybe Nanobreakers but its no biggie if i cant find one of those.

Grabbed:

Metal Arms (PS2)
Nanobreaker (PS2)
Midway Arcade 3 (GC)

Looking for Fantastic Four (GC)

I also grabbed Resident Evil Remake for $14.99.

I got :

- James Pond (GBA)
- Shaman King Legacy (GBA)
- Midway Arcade Treasures 3 x2 (GC)
- NanoBreaker (PS2)
- Viewtiful Joe (PS2)
- ESPN College Hoops (XBOX)

All for $1.99.

I want to trade Viewtiful Joe or a Midway straight up for the following:
- Full Spectrum Warrior
- Fantastic Four
- Death by Degrees

Bah. Pretty much wasted my time. Got to BB with the list...and nearly all of the games were missing. (I wonder why? :roll: )

I grabbed the last copy of Ping Pals (wow...ugh...) and the GBA Shaman King.

Had MAT3 and Ridge Racer DS scanned...full price.

Handed them to the cashier, who told me there were more cheap games, but somebody came in and cleaned them out. (That, and she said some employees held most of the games back...)

Oh, and Shaman King and Ping Pals were both marked at $1.99. None of the other games were marked at the cheap price.

Man, many of you got lucky! I get to my BB and only get midway arcade, backyard wrestling and starsky and hutch for pc. And this is how the Convo went:

BB: oh hey, see you got some clearance games...
ME: Yeah, but it loks like someone else got to all of them b4 me
BB: Oh yeah, that was us...well the supervisor bought them all...

Seriously, if you guys are having trouble finding games, it is because the employees bought them already. O well.

(about Ape Escape 3 for 19.99)

[quote name='Roufuss']Seriously?

It "no longer exists" on Best Buy's website, I might have to swing back by there again today.
[/quote]

Seriously. Found it today.

Also saw some PSP games for 19.99 that I didn't see mentioned:

PSP The Con 19.99
PSP Hustle: The Detroit Streets 19.99

Don't know much about either of 'em.

Picked up:

Frogger (PSP) - $10
Nanobreaker (PS2) - $2
ESPN College Hoops 2K5 (PS2) - $2
Outlaw Tennis (XB) - $2
Nightmare Before Christmas (GBA) - $2
Sprung (DS) X3 - $6
Starsky & Hutch (GBA) X3 - $6

I'm going to sell the extra copies of Sprung and Starsky & Hutch to the ladies I work with who don't know any better for $10 each. Or I'll just return them...

[quote name='CouRageouS']I went to the Emeryville CA location, got Fanastic 3, MAT3, and DT Racer. Last copies of all since one of the employees took the last DT Racer. Three of the workers got all excited and checked everything out but all that was left is a bunch of Stuntman. Then went to the Union City BB, looks like they had nothing except I noticed a tag for $1.99 Nanobreaker.

Guess I'm just going to order Enthusia, gonna ask some friends to see if they can check their local BBs for Radiata.[/QUOTE]
I got the last copy of Nanobreaker at union city this morning. They got a few FSW left but they are likely gone.

The only titles I found in El Cajon, CA:

Ping pals (got it for the empty case, and just because it's the worst DS title ever))
Shaman King Sprinting Wolf (got it, let me know if you need it, otherwise it may go back)
Ridge Racer DS x2 (left them there, may not even scan for $5 because they have some sticker on top of them - ("NDS tray").
LA rush (left it there)

The only thing I'm really interested in is radiata stories - so for those who have an extra, let me know - sell it to me and/or check my list. I'll even wait until you're done playing it.

[quote name='blandstalker'](about Ape Escape 3 for 19.99)

Seriously. Found it today.

Also saw some PSP games for 19.99 that I didn't see mentioned:

PSP The Con 19.99
PSP Hustle: The Detroit Streets 19.99

Don't know much about either of 'em.[/QUOTE]

Awesome... I'll swing by there tommorrow for it. No pun intended.

Does anyone know what other titles are dropping to $19.99? They aren't in the OP, and imo, I'd much rather have a quality game for $14.99 after GGC then a bunch of crap $2 ones.

Just got back and all the hoarders have hit. Oh well, early bird gets the worm. It was funny to see an early CAG list printed out and folded neatly in the Nanobreaker slot. :lol:

bread's done
Back