$2 Videogame Clearance at Best Buy PS2/Xbox/GC/GBA/DS/PSP (Some -$3 after rebate!)

little_krampy

CAGiversary!
I'll try and keep this list up to date. I have a feeling this list will be hot for about a day and then no one will be able to find anything at any BB.

Playstation 2
Radiata Stories $4.99
Enthusia Professional Racing $4.99
LA Rush $9.99
Rise Of Kasai $4.99
2pack with Corvette and Starsky was 1.99
Backyard Wrestling $1.99
Death by Degrees $1.99
Dragon Ball Z Sagas $1.99
DT Racer PS2 NOW $9.99 - This was $1.99 on Monday, but BB changed the price.
Max Payne 2 $1.99
Metal Arms $1.99
NanoBreaker (PS2) - $1.99
NBA Ballers $1.99 PriceGrabber $5 Rebate
Project Snowblind $1.99
Starsky and Hutch $1.99
Stuntman PS2 $1.99
Terminator 3: Rise of The Machines $1.99 PriceGrabber $5 Rebate
Viewtiful Joe $1.99

Xbox
Major League Baseball 2K5: World Series Edition $9.99
Total Overdose $19.99
Tecmo Classic Arcade with Tecmo Bowl $9.99
Marc Ecko's Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure $39.99 free shipping
Taito Legends $9.99
Constantine $1.99
Full Spectrum Warrior $1.99
Outlaw tennis $1.99
Medal Of Honor: Rising Sun $1.99 PriceGrabber $5 Rebate
MLB 2k5 $1.99
Second Sight $1.99

Gamecube
Mad Catz Dance Beat Pad $14.99
Spiderman 2 $1.99
Fantastic Four $1.99
Midway Arcade Treasures 3 $1.99

GBA
Hamtaro: Ham-Ham Games $9.99
Beyblade GRevolution 1.99
James Pond $1.99
Nightmare Before Christmas: Pumpkin King $1.99
Pokemon Vids 1.99
Shaman King Sprinting Wolf 1.99 (Soaring Eagle still 19.99)
Starsky & Hutch 1.99 (some had a UPC sticker that made it 9.99)

DS
Pac N' Roll $9.99
Ridge Racer $4.99
Ping Pals $1.99
Sprung $1.99

PSP
Frantix 9.99
Frogger PSP 9.99
Gretzky NHL 9.99 PriceGrabber $5 Rebate

(Edited by shipwreck to include games with $5 PG rebate).

[quote name='nickelpin']Anybody have any luck PM'ing in store to CC or anywhere else?[/quote]

I am going to try it tomorrow. CC hates me tho, I PM all the time. They recognize me everytime I walk in. I might try walmart aswell.

Man i've just tried out Nanobreaker and DBZ Sagas, holy crap these games are hideous. No wonder they're only $2, for $2 i can torture my eyes in better ways then with these piece of crap games.

Anyone know how much you'd get for these from trade in whether it be Gamecrazy or Gamestop (since only places close by here)?

[quote name='kevzik']I am going to try it tomorrow. CC hates me tho, I PM all the time. They recognize me everytime I walk in. I might try walmart aswell.[/quote]

Does it have to show as "in stock" on the printout in order for a successful PM?

Me and Photoshop are best buddies.

Went to bestbuy after work and asked the clear about Radiata Stories. He said he just sold the last copy about 2 hours ago. I got there at 6pm so it must have been sold around 4pm.

I called them up around noon and asked them to hold it for me and they said they didn't have it. So I bursted out at that cleark but not too much :)

[quote name='darisma']Went to bestbuy after work and asked the clear about Radiata Stories. He said he just sold the last copy about 2 hours ago. I got there at 6pm so it must have been sold around 4pm.

I called them up around noon and asked them to hold it for me and they said they didn't have it. So I bursted out at that cleark but not too much :)[/quote]

I can get you one if you really want it...only cost plus shipping. pm, if interested.

Went there, but as always didn't see anything for $2.00. However, I did find Ape Escape 3, which after GGC was $15.00, so I was happy. Sales girl asked me why I would pay for the GGC. I explained it to her, and she got it, but was just cool about it. I would've gone to a different csr, but on a slow night, there wasn't much choice. Trip one bought 2 penny guides plus GGC. Went to car rip GGC out, and picked up $5.00 RZ certificate. Trip 2, bring Ape Escape 3 with GGC and $5.00 RZ certificate to same CSR...:twisted:

This is my purchase for today:

Radiata Stories - $4.99
Nano Breakers (2 copies) - $1.99 each
Viewtiful Joe (2 copies) - $1.99 each

Took the extra 2 copies and went to FYE. Gave them the story that I got them for my bday, already have them, and dont have the reciept. They gave me a total of $30 in store credit.

Purchase for FYE:

Resident evil 4 USED (ps2) - Free with credit ($20 normally)
DBZ LE arcade stick (ps2) - Free with credit

So without sale. My purchases is $137.75 (inc. tax)
With Sale it came to $13.73 (inc. tax)

So basically I saved $124.02 today :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Price checked Full Spectrum Warrior for PS2 and a PS2 2 pack with Motocross Mania 3 and some other game. Both scanned for full price. I thought maybe the PS2 version of Full Spectrum would be $1.99 since the Xbox version is and I thought the 2 pack me be $1.99 since the other 2 pack with Starksy & Hutch and Corvette is $1.99

[quote name='shadylane']those in the new york area there are 13 copies on 86 and lexington ave[/QUOTE]

Dang,I was too late went there at 6pm.I realized there was a big empty slot near the r sections.Me thinks it was Radiata Stories.

Can you all clear something up for me? I am new to the site and have fallen in love with it. I would like to grab a few of these games at those prices myself. Do I have to get them online or can I just walk into the store, get the game and go to the register and have it ring up this price? Your answers will be appreciated.

[quote name='ShreeAspenwood']Can you all clear something up for me? I am new to the site and have fallen in love with it. I would like to grab a few of these games at those prices myself. Do I have to get them online or can I just walk into the store, get the game and go to the register and have it ring up this price? Your answers will be appreciated.[/QUOTE]

You can get them in the store. They will ring up at the correct prices unless the game has another sticker over the UPC like a lot of copies of Ridge Racer DS or Strasky & Hutch for GBA

No more pms for Radiata please. I only hid one copy hoping to help one CAG out, but got too many requests. I was at my local store early, and they were still on the shelf. However, I can't guarantee that they'll be there tomorrow. I don't care for RPGs, so didn't want to buy it and get stuck with it (if people didn't need it.) Pookymeister is getting the one copy I hid, if it's still there tomorrow. Others: I'll pm you, if I can help you out.

Anybody who wants a copy of Radiata Stories, PM me. I already have a copy but managed to grab a couple at a local BB. Will sell for $11 shipped or $5 + any random PS1 or PS2 game that I do not have.

[quote name='ShreeAspenwood']Can you all clear something up for me? I am new to the site and have fallen in love with it. I would like to grab a few of these games at those prices myself. Do I have to get them online or can I just walk into the store, get the game and go to the register and have it ring up this price? Your answers will be appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Well right now you aren't going to get anything, 'cept maybe a Backyard wrestling or College hoops 2K5. 90% of the good stuff has gone already.

I picked up Enthusia PS2, Nightmare Before Christmas GBA, and Tecmo Arcade Classics Xbox. The BB by me in Manalapan, NJ did not have a huge selection. They had a bucnh of Enthusias left though.

[quote name='botticus']
And then I did a double-take when I saw the PC GBA titles out. So I picked up Yoshi's Island as well; still a decent haul for $33. And it should put me over the limit for my first RZ cert.[/quote]

They're out already? I thought they came out in April.

Boardman, OH had nothing. Employees admitted to buying just about everything, but claimed there was 1 or 2 copies of each title anyways.

Niles, OH had Metal Arms, Starsky GBA, Sprung and DT Racer. Picked up the last non-stickered UPC Ridge Racer and the last Outlaw Tennis XBX

Going to go back to Macedonia tomorrow - there are a few items that were not tagged that might still be around. Will also check the Montrose store, and perhaps Mayfield Heights if I'm feeling spunky.

Dave

Get in on this while you can. After class today I was upset I couldn't score via the internet, but since I was going to look for the Full Auto faceplate I would check in store. Most games had a "Tab" w/ game name and $1.99 price, the only one that I noticed was Fantastic Four(NGC). So I asked for a price check and the system showed $1.99, but like most fucking sales people they thought I didn't see and said, "It's $19.99 sir." I immediately went back to the games section and grabbed the other 2 on the shelf along with the following:

- Nanobreaker x 2
- Outlaw Tennis(XBX) x 2
- Nightmare Before Christmas(GBA) x 2
- Project Snowblind (PS2) x 2
- DT Racer
- Enthusia
- Ridge Racer (DS)
- Sprung (DS)
- Shaman King: Legacy of the spirits Sprinting Wolf

I also had the two copies of F4 for NGC and I had 2 GBA F4. The NGC version of Fantastic rang up $1.99, but the girl helping the guy out when I asked for price check said it was entered into the system wrong and should be $19.99, so I passed on these. The GBA ones wrang up $19.99, but had a tab in front of them w/$1.99 so I'll probably go back tomorrow.

[quote name='DuckM4n']niCE~~~ this friday i am hitting up all 4 bbs around my area, would love to get enthusia[/QUOTE]

Unless your Best Buy's are to far away, I strongly recommend you go out sooner. Most likely there isn't a glitch and the reason you can't get them online is because they want you in store. I just hope many can capitalize before we see the infamous posts, "Man I missed out on this." Good luck to you all and get out to those BB stores now:bouncy:

[quote name='mackaikai']i think the glory time of RPG was when Square and Enix were 2 competing companies..... man...those FF vs. DQ era.. loved it! (I was living in Asia at the time so I really felt the competition, some people are FF maniac and some are DQ maniac...and of course i was in the DQ camp! who can resist Dragon Ball look alike characters in a RPG?!)[/QUOTE]
I think it's more interesting now, since Square is (rather publicly) viewing it as no longer a competition between games, but between games and other forms of entertainment. So they're trying to make FF and DQ not just better than other RPGs, but more entertaining than most movies. While production values have gone up, you can't play DQ8 and tell me that gameplay has suffered because of it.

Well, you could, but I'd disagree.

Incredible, I actually came away from a Best Buy clearance not empty-handed for once. I picked up the following:

Midway Arcade Treasures 3 (GC)
Constantine (Xbox)
Dragonball Z Sagas (PS2)
Rise of the Kasai (PS2)
Viewtiful Joe (PS2)
Shaman King: Sprinting Wolf (GBA)

Then I went to hit the game stores in the mall 2 minutes away from the big boxes. Gamestop and EB Games gave quite terrible trade-in value, on average $4 for eaceh game. FYE gave some of the best trade in values. I'm guessing that the trade-in value thread for FYE is no longer maintained since I have trouble finding it, but here it is:

Dragonball Z Sagas (PS2) - $12
Rise of the Kasai (PS2) - $9
Midway Arcade Treasures 3 (GC) - $6
Shaman King: Sprinting Wolf (GBA) - $6

I wish I lived in some podunk town with a Best Buy nearby. I picked up a sole copy of Ping Pals for $2. I did get Rise of the Kasai last Saturday for $4.99 though.

[quote name='ruffles']They're out already? I thought they came out in April.[/QUOTE]
Nope, I guess it was sometime this month, I hadn't thought about them. My first thought was "What the hell, new copies of Superstar Saga?" Then noticed the yellow bar.

I have a feeling employees wrecked my store as well... guy I talked to was like "Yeah, I know Spiderman 2 was here on the weekend, but we're all out now."

Well.. Finally made it back from 2 BB. Picked up the 3 Radiata Stories ( for me and my 2 friends) from the CS desk. Went back to check the PS2 section, found another Radiata Stories. :) Other racks were picked clean. I managed to find 1 James Pond that got shuffled away from the tag , but that is it. :(

The second BB had zilch.

CaoPi, the extra Radiata Story is yours if you wanna trade.

I think the employees or some FW'er got all the others. Of coarse they missed the best game out of the bunch I think.

Thanks for everyone who PM'ed me. If I decide to trade my copy , It'll be on my trade list.

After that, I hit the CC to find yet another copy of Red Ninja... hmmm better trade that baby in before the trade in value drops to Nil.

Oooh! I've been wanting Radiata Stories and Metal Arms for a while, hope I find them before this leaks out. Anyone have a Non-Sold out BB Radiata $5 page or the $1.99 Metal Arms page? Metal arms page says it was taken down or something but did anyone catch it before it was? Or has it been down for a while?

I knew my Best Buy had like a good 5 copies of Midway Arcade Treasures 3 (GC) from this weekend but when I went they were all gone! I did pick up the last copy of Killer 7 for the sale price of $10 - $5 Reward Zone Coupon = $5. It is amazing how much the GC section is dwindeling. My Best Buy moved all of their shelves around, Sony and Nintendo have the largest rows, Microsoft has the smaller row.

Not the best, but not bad:

DBZ Sagas PS2 x2 (1.99)
Geist GC x2 (9.99) (still getting 20 at Gamecrazy)
Killer 7 GC (9.99)
Dead to Rights II XBOX (9.99)
Full Spectrum XBOX (9.99)

anyone who got radiata through bb.com, could you please email me a screenshot of the ordering page - (w/ price, shipping etc.)? my email is [email protected] ---- go ahead and black out any personal information if you need to.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but I saw Eyetoy: Operation Spy for $9.99 and I think that Jak racing game for $19.99. Also saw a bunch of non-GH God of War with the GH sticker on the plastic wrap.

Big thanks to the OP and everyone else who's helped in this topic.

I picked up for $2.00 -
(Xbox) Medal of Honor: Rising Sun
(PS2) Stuntman
(PS2) Corvette/Starsky and Hutch
(GCN) Midway Arcade Treasures 3
(GBA) The Nightmare Before Christmas

Also, I picked up from the 2 for $30 deal -
(PS2) God of War
(PS2) Hot Shots Golf Fore!

Went to Best Buy in Aventura Florida after work today and picked up Radiata Stories, Midway Arcade Treasures 3, and Outlaw Tennis. I'm now convinced that there aren't many CAGers in my area. There were 9 copies of Radiata Stories left! Also, there were 12 copies of Midway Arcade Treasures 3 left!

im gonna go by BB between classes tommorow and see what i can get i really hope they have the shaman king game for the gba i need a new game to play on the subway ^_^

[quote name='duran603']Went to Best Buy in Aventura Florida after work today and picked up Radiata Stories, Midway Arcade Treasures 3, and Outlaw Tennis. I'm now convinced that there aren't many CAGers in my area. There were 9 copies of Radiata Stories left! Also, there were 12 copies of Midway Arcade Treasures 3 left![/QUOTE]

dude if you go back there anytime pick me up a copy I will gladly pay cost + shipping + a little extra for the effort.

[quote name='takingchase']dude if you go back there anytime pick me up a copy I will gladly pay cost + shipping + a little extra for the effort.[/QUOTE]

i will do the same...i really want this game!

[quote name='duran603']Went to Best Buy in Aventura Florida after work today and picked up Radiata Stories, Midway Arcade Treasures 3, and Outlaw Tennis. I'm now convinced that there aren't many CAGers in my area. There were 9 copies of Radiata Stories left! Also, there were 12 copies of Midway Arcade Treasures 3 left![/quote]
Those 9 copies of Radiata Stories will be great for all the CAGs that can't find 'em.

well, I went back to my local BB around 7pm EST.. still two copies of RAdiata were left. I grabbed Viewtiful Joe, Rise of Kasai(last copy) and Pump it up exceed(last one, $25 w/ GGC).
Not bad...
I know there are other CAGs in the area. grab it while you can. Framingham, MA store.
I saw
Enthusia(1)
Dragonball Sagas(3)
Viewtiful Joe(at least 2)..

Gretzky 2005 was $5 at my Best Buy. This may have already been reported but I'm not reading all those posts.

Also, found the last Radiata Stories at mine...sort of. In Olathe, KS the Best Buy inventory shows that there are 2 in stock somewhere in the store. I can tell you one thing - they're not in the video game section, and they're not in the video game bins, and they're not in the DVD bins (Ok, that's 3 things).

Either an employee is holding them - which makes no sense when they could just buy them - or someone has hid or otherwise wandered off and set down the other two copies. Maybe an employee knew this was coming and hid them in the back or something. I did have a Manager guy look high and low for them with no luck...

bread's done
Back