$2 Videogame Clearance at Best Buy PS2/Xbox/GC/GBA/DS/PSP (Some -$3 after rebate!)

little_krampy

CAGiversary!
I'll try and keep this list up to date. I have a feeling this list will be hot for about a day and then no one will be able to find anything at any BB.

Playstation 2
Radiata Stories $4.99
Enthusia Professional Racing $4.99
LA Rush $9.99
Rise Of Kasai $4.99
2pack with Corvette and Starsky was 1.99
Backyard Wrestling $1.99
Death by Degrees $1.99
Dragon Ball Z Sagas $1.99
DT Racer PS2 NOW $9.99 - This was $1.99 on Monday, but BB changed the price.
Max Payne 2 $1.99
Metal Arms $1.99
NanoBreaker (PS2) - $1.99
NBA Ballers $1.99 PriceGrabber $5 Rebate
Project Snowblind $1.99
Starsky and Hutch $1.99
Stuntman PS2 $1.99
Terminator 3: Rise of The Machines $1.99 PriceGrabber $5 Rebate
Viewtiful Joe $1.99

Xbox
Major League Baseball 2K5: World Series Edition $9.99
Total Overdose $19.99
Tecmo Classic Arcade with Tecmo Bowl $9.99
Marc Ecko's Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure $39.99 free shipping
Taito Legends $9.99
Constantine $1.99
Full Spectrum Warrior $1.99
Outlaw tennis $1.99
Medal Of Honor: Rising Sun $1.99 PriceGrabber $5 Rebate
MLB 2k5 $1.99
Second Sight $1.99

Gamecube
Mad Catz Dance Beat Pad $14.99
Spiderman 2 $1.99
Fantastic Four $1.99
Midway Arcade Treasures 3 $1.99

GBA
Hamtaro: Ham-Ham Games $9.99
Beyblade GRevolution 1.99
James Pond $1.99
Nightmare Before Christmas: Pumpkin King $1.99
Pokemon Vids 1.99
Shaman King Sprinting Wolf 1.99 (Soaring Eagle still 19.99)
Starsky & Hutch 1.99 (some had a UPC sticker that made it 9.99)

DS
Pac N' Roll $9.99
Ridge Racer $4.99
Ping Pals $1.99
Sprung $1.99

PSP
Frantix 9.99
Frogger PSP 9.99
Gretzky NHL 9.99 PriceGrabber $5 Rebate

(Edited by shipwreck to include games with $5 PG rebate).

[quote name='takingchase']dude if you go back there anytime pick me up a copy I will gladly pay cost + shipping + a little extra for the effort.[/QUOTE]
Me too!!

You guys also know that at last check, Second Sight is worth about $12 at FYE. 600 or so percent profit over cost, I'm there, if I can find any copies of SS left in my area.

[quote name='kosmos13x']Viewtiful joe and nanobreaker are both worth 15 at FYE.[/quote]

....time to shot myself in the head! just traded Nanobreaker into Blockbuster for 6 bucks....GRRRRRRRRR!!!!! AHHHH!!!!

I hit up my local BB ... AND my local CC to see if there was Radiata Stories (to even try to PM) but I couldn't find it at either - pretty surprised that it's gone from the latter. I might try to make the long drive to another BB tomorrow but I'm pretty sure it'll be a long shot...

Can anyone please snag me a copy?

[quote name='fatbeer']Dang,I was too late went there at 6pm.I realized there was a big empty slot near the r sections.Me thinks it was Radiata Stories.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I went at about 5:30 and saw the tags with no games. We have a hoarder among us!!!

I visited 2 Best Buys last night. They had absolutely nothing! Worst clearance ever. It seems like the workers had a heads up on this and cleared out the stores of everything.

Went to mine with a list and a cute friendly female employee who *gasp* actually played games. Suffice to say she told me that she found out about the sale herself but they havent had those games in stock for a long time.

Ended up getting 0 games. So if anyone can get any copies of these lemme know

PS2
Death by Degrees $1.99
Max Payne 2 $1.99
Metal Arms $1.99
NanoBreaker (PS2) - $1.99
Project Snowblind $1.99
Terminator 3: Rise of The Machines $1.99
Viewtiful Joe $1.99

Xbox
Second Sight $1.99

Gamecube
Spiderman 2 $1.99
Fantastic Four $1.99

DS
Ping Pals $1.99
Sprung $1.99

[quote name='Brian9824']Went to mine with a list and a cute friendly female employee who *gasp* actually played games.[/quote]I'm sorry to say that after such a bold lie I will never believe anything else you ever say. ;)

Man, I went to BB yesterday and all they had for Xbox was Constantine. Actually not a bad game.

But I really wanted Outlaw Tennis and Full Spectrum Warrior.

Oh well...maybe next century.

[quote name='kosmos13x']Viewtiful joe and nanobreaker are both worth 15 at FYE.[/quote]

[quote name='mackaikai']....time to shot myself in the head! just traded Nanobreaker into Blockbuster for 6 bucks....GRRRRRRRRR!!!!! AHHHH!!!![/quote]

[quote name='kosmos13x']This is my purchase for today:
Nano Breakers (2 copies) - $1.99 each
Viewtiful Joe (2 copies) - $1.99 each

Took the extra 2 copies and went to FYE. Gave them the story that I got them for my bday, already have them, and dont have the reciept. They gave me a total of $30 in store credit.
[/quote]

So, put that gun away. They are worth $15 only if you pull a 'walmart'. Trade in value isn't $15.

[quote name='Indiana']I visited 2 Best Buys last night. They had absolutely nothing! Worst clearance ever. It seems like the workers had a heads up on this and cleared out the stores of everything.[/QUOTE]

Which really makes one wonder. Why is it that the BB clearances have hardly anything, and the Circuit City clearances last for months with CAGs finding something new just about everyday? I don't think it is always the employees. But, it still ticks me off when I can't find a single clearance game at any BB. Maybe today I'll find one. Just one.

[quote name='shajek']Which really makes one wonder. Why is it that the BB clearances have hardly anything, and the Circuit City clearances last for months with CAGs finding something new just about everyday? I don't think it is always the employees. But, it still ticks me off when I can't find a single clearance game at any BB. Maybe today I'll find one. Just one.[/quote]

I'll tell you why:

1) Bestbuy actually have tags with updated prices. CC have the prices on the games which they don't update very often.

2)Bestbuy has some form of order (Name/GH/etc....) . Most CC I see have it scattered, old games, new games.

3) BB employees get lists of stuff that goes on sale. I guess most CC employees are cluesless about the sale which is evident when they ring games up.

From my experience, I think those three are the reason we can find more games.

[quote name='spamfree2']I'll tell you why:

1) Bestbuy actually have tags with updated prices. CC have the prices on the games which they don't update very often.

2)Bestbuy has some form of order (Name/GH/etc....) . Most CC I see have it scattered.

3) BB employees get lists of stuff that goes on sale. CC employees don't.

From my experience, I think those three are the reason we can find more games.[/QUOTE]

The exact reasons I get more excited over CC clearances than BB ones... I went to a CC out of town a few weeks ago, this is months after the sale had begun... the sale games were on the shelf marked 49.99 and likewise... no one knew about it, regular customers pass over these because they know they are "cheaper" other places (as in marked correctly)

BB rarely has their games marked incorrectly... I didnt get this list until last night (the one day I dont check CAG at work) so I expect to find little, save for the Tecmo set I wanted... would like to find at least one or two 2 dollar games

[quote name='miyamotofreak']Grabeed 2 Ful Spectrum Warriors. I'm keeping them sealed since I don't have a Xbox. Contact me for trade or purchase.[/QUOTE]

is it the PH release? i'd be interested if it's the original release.

i just went to BB this morning like 15mins ago. there was nothing on that list besides MAT3 which i dont want. i think i saw a FWer. He got a list. then a few mins later i saw him taking some penny guides.

[quote name='trunks982']i just went to BB this morning like 15mins ago. there was nothing on that list besides MAT3 which i dont want. i think i saw a FWer. He got a list. then a few mins later i saw him taking some penny guides.[/quote]

What behavior distinguished him from a CAG? Having a list and getting penny guides isn't exactly incriminating :lol:

[quote name='Pookymeister1234']What behavior distinguished him from a CAG? Having a list and getting penny guides isn't exactly incriminating :lol:[/QUOTE]

if u look at his movement and squinting eyes.... u will know. hes like suspicious. he was like looking around him.

[quote name='trunks982']there was nothing on that list besides MAT3 which i dont want.[/QUOTE]

Wow, it's not even worth a lousy $2 new for the nostalgia factor?

[quote name='trunks982']i just went to BB this morning like 15mins ago. there was nothing on that list besides MAT3 which i dont want. i think i saw a FWer. He got a list. then a few mins later i saw him taking some penny guides.[/quote]

Just wondering, which BB did you went to?

[quote name='spamfree2']I'll tell you why:

2)Bestbuy has some form of order (Name/GH/etc....) . Most CC I see have it scattered, old games, new games.

3) BB employees get lists of stuff that goes on sale. I guess most CC employees are cluesless about the sale which is evident when they ring games up.

From my experience, I think those three are the reason we can find more games.[/quote]

My BB is great.. they never know whats going on and everything is always marked up and hardly updated in a timely manner so when I get to the cash register or ask them to scan for me I always get a "wtf.. that can't be right" kind of expression. They do keep stuff fairly tidy though which makes hunting for stuff all the more easy for me unlike CC/TRU where I have to dig for a good 15 mins.

[quote name='swetooth9']it was you wasn't it![/quote]
Nope, I just wanted to know because I was planning to go today. I don't want to waste a trip if there is nothing there.

[quote name='Pookymeister1234']So, put that gun away. They are worth $15 only if you pull a 'walmart'. Trade in value isn't $15.[/QUOTE]

The real trade-in values for VJ and Nanobreaker are ~$1 and $6-7 at FYE. Oddly enough VJ actually gets $4 at EB (and presumably Gamestop).

So if a store on the locator is in bold, what are the chances they actually have the game in stock? Not sure if I want to trek out all the way to this BB to see if they have Radiata Stories.

[quote name='MadFlava']So if a store on the locator is in bold, what are the chances they actually have the game in stock? Not sure if I want to trek out all the way to this BB to see if they have Radiata Stories.[/QUOTE]
I checked it yesterday and it said the Macedonia, OH BB had Radiata Stories (bold, but not available for in-store pick-up) - I'm fairly certain that a few pages back MightySlacker verified that the store had it. But that doesn't necessarily mean all listings are going to be accurate.

Just checked out the BB in Laurel, MD.

Picked Up
Rise of the Kasai $5
Gretzky NHL- $10
Starsky/Corvette Combo- $2

No Radiata Stories to be seen, but there was 1 Starsky/Corvette Combo and multiple copies of Gretzky.

Not the best haul, but what can ya do...

went to two BB & spent more than I should have, but oh well. Here's what I got...

Radiata Stories
Enthusia Professional Racing
Rise Of Kasai
NanoBreaker
Viewtiful Joe
Outlaw tennis
Midway Arcade Treasures 3
Ping Pals $1.99
Sprung $1.99 PriceGrabber

I think I might try hitting another BB today and see if I can pick up a Viewtiful Joe or some of the 1.99 GBA titles. The two I went to last night were cleaned out pretty good.

I already have VJ 2. Any reason I should get the 1st one? Is there anything I missing from not playing the first?

[quote name='Stevesbored']Just checked out the BB in Laurel, MD.

Picked Up
Rise of the Kasai $5
Gretzky NHL- $10
Starsky/Corvette Combo- $2

No Radiata Stories to be seen, but there was 1 Starsky/Corvette Combo and multiple copies of Gretzky.

Not the best haul, but what can ya do...[/QUOTE]

I'd trade for your Starsky/Corvette Combo.

[quote name='trunks982']i just went to BB this morning like 15mins ago. there was nothing on that list besides MAT3 which i dont want. i think i saw a FWer. He got a list. then a few mins later i saw him taking some penny guides.[/QUOTE]

Haha... if it was the store at Bay Parkway, that was me you saw. I was bummed out they didn't have anything too, but they restocked the penny guides that weren't there the last time I checked. I only took one or two copies each, so they were still a lot left; off the top of my head: SC3, Matrix: Path of Neo, Jak X (comes with behind-the-scenes DVD), and Battlefield 2: Modern Combat.

Though I'm curious as to why you thought I was from FW and not CAG? I didn't think I had that many guides.

Edit: I was squinting my eyes? I look around a lot, I'll give you that, but I don't think I was squinting my eyes... :lol:

[quote name='MadFlava']So if a store on the locator is in bold, what are the chances they actually have the game in stock? Not sure if I want to trek out all the way to this BB to see if they have Radiata Stories.[/quote]

I have had good luck with the store locator. It helped me find Radiata yesterday. I went to a BB that is close to me and had a guy look up Radiata, the system said there were none in my state. But the store locator had one for a store that was about 20 minutes away. I decided to take a chance and drive out to it. Sure enough there was one copy at the store staring me in the face when I got there. So it ended up being more accurate than the stores inventory system.

Have faith in the Locator...

So, I went back today first thing to see if I could help a few CAGs with Radiata. Turns out everything was gone. Between 7:00 and 9 p.m. last night, someone got everything that was left. I hid one copy and found it this morning. I've already pm the first CAG who pmed last night. Sorry guys.

[quote name='dragonjud']So, I went back today first thing to see if I could help a few CAGs with Radiata. Turns out everything was gone. Between 7:00 and 9 p.m. last night, someone got everything that was left. I hid one copy and found it this morning. I've already pm the first CAG who pmed last night. Sorry guys.[/QUOTE]

Which location did you go to, dragonjud?

[quote name='whitereflection']Which location did you go to, dragonjud?[/quote]

I went to the Long Island City BB. I know I saw at least one other person in the store looking at the game section when the store opened. Was that you?

Picked up a copy of Project Snowblind (PS2) at the Tri-County location in Cincinnati. Some copies of Metal Arms and Rise of the Kasai are left.

hello all

first of all thanks op great post :)

the BB in livingston, nj i think the one on route 10 near party city had a bunch of metal arms for ps2, rise of kasai, when i left last nite as well as one copy of radiata story

what i got:
terminator 3
radiata story(in what looking like a resealed box, had no sticker thing over the top but still smelled *new*)
nanobreaker
project snoblind
unfortunately i got the last copies of term 3, nanobreaker, and proj snowblind

they had nothing for xbox, gba, ds

happy hunting all :)

anyone check the store in totowa,nj?

bread's done
Back