$20 off Select titles in launch issue of @GAMER magazine (Best Buy) Just Dance Sale

nixmahn

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
Just got the launch issue in the mail b/c I'm a Rewards Zone member.

Includes Best Buy $20 and $15 off coupons for

$20 off
Halo3 ODST:360:
Bioshock 2:360::ps3::pc:
Skate 3:360::ps3:
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11:360::ps3::wii:
2010 Fifa World Tour South Africa:360::ps3::wii:

$15 off
Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands:360::ps3:
Just Dance:wii:
AC2 :pc:

good for 6/24-7/31, Best Buy only

prices as of 7/26/10

:360: Halo ODST>>>>>$39.99 (w/coupon-$19.99)
:360::ps3: Bioshock 2>>>>>$39.99 (w/coupon-$19.99)
:pc: Bioshock 2>>>>>$29.99 (w/coupon-$9.99)
:360::ps3: Skate 3>>>>>$59.99 (w/coupon-$39.99)
:360::ps3: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11>>>>>$59.99 (w/coupon-$39.99)
:360::ps3: 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa>>>>>$59.99 (w/coupon-$39.99)
:wii:2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa>>>>>$39.99 (w/coupon-$19.99)

:360::ps3: Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands>>>>>$39.99 (w/coupon-$24.99)
:wii: Just Dance>>>>>$29.99 (w/coupon-$14.99)
:pc: Assassin's Creed 2>>>>>$39.99 (w/coupon-$24.99) ------------------------> GOOGLE DRM issues before buying

CAG's reporting they have not received a free copy. I use my RZ a lot for the deals and preordered Madden 11 a few days ago (they asked for my address and everything). It was my 1st preorder and thought it was standard procedure.

https://www.atgamermagazine.com/?h=488

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SenatorSpacer']This may be something people have already considered, but Bioshock 2 on Bestbuy.com is only 39.99. So wouldn't the coupon combine and make the game worth 19.99?[/QUOTE]

Maybe, but Best Buy's coupons usually say things like "not valid with sales", etc. Plus my Best Buy at least is super weird about accepting their own coupons :whistle2:/

So it's probably YMMV.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Maybe, but Best Buy's coupons usually say things like "not valid with sales", etc. Plus my Best Buy at least is super weird about accepting their own coupons :whistle2:/

So it's probably YMMV.[/QUOTE]

I agree, but what a "slap in the face" this would be for someone that paid for a membership to their magazine, and then was told "Umm sorry, but you can't use that coupon." :bomb:

Talk about something being "worthless"! I understand when they restrict usage when people are trying to manipulate the system (getting games for free because a coupon code says so, etc.) However, if I'm paying for a garbage magazine, the least they can do is honor the coupons inside!

[quote name='SenatorSpacer']This may be something people have already considered, but Bioshock 2 on Bestbuy.com is only 39.99. So wouldn't the coupon combine and make the game worth 19.99?[/QUOTE]

The website makes no mention of it being on sale. So if you can go and get it scanned, and it comes up with an asterisk, then its on sale. If not, it should work out.

[quote name='Serpentor']i got my copy in the mailbox today, wow, what a surprise.... but still the coupons are not quite good enough. PoP:FS needs to be $39.99, then the $15 coupon will make a good deal.[/QUOTE]

I believe MSRP is in fact 39.99 for the game now.

One came in the mail under my wifes yesterday (when I checked the mail, could have come in the past 5 days). I'm a silver member but she used to have her own card that we haven't used in almost a year.

If anyone is wondering if the editorial content of this magazine is good... I would have to say no. They actually let it go to print with Bungie listed as the developer of Naughty Bear and Microsoft as the publisher. How the hell did that get past the editor?

[quote name='ballbarfer']Can someone PLEASE post a PDF of these coupons for the love of God and all that's holy and mighty![/QUOTE]

Coupon says no copies.

bb online has POP for 39.99, if this holds up in store then the coupon seems to be a good deal.

BTW if anyone wants my coupons for odst, skate 3, bioshock 2 or AC2 I will mail them for $3.50 via PP to handle shipping.

PM me.

[quote name='mistymayem']Please stop asking and just buy a magazine.[/QUOTE]

too be honest i feel that BB is ripping us by making us buy a "magazine" to get our fracking coupons so i'm not gonna be wasting money on a fake magazine just for some coupons when they could just be posted! If peeps don't want to work together to get good deals then wutz the point of this site!

[quote name='ballbarfer']Can someone PLEASE post a PDF of these coupons for the love of God and all that's holy and mighty![/QUOTE]

For the last time, copies won't work. Shut the hell up already and quit trolling.

I get banned unjustly and this guy keeps going and going.

[quote name='ballbarfer']too be honest i feel that BB is ripping us by making us buy a "magazine" to get our fracking coupons so i'm not gonna be wasting money on a fake magazine just for some coupons when they could just be posted! If peeps don't want to work together to get good deals then wutz the point of this site![/QUOTE]

like them or not this magazine is every bit as legit as any other print gaming publication.

[quote name='ballbarfer']too be honest i feel that BB is ripping us by making us buy a "magazine" to get our fracking coupons so i'm not gonna be wasting money on a fake magazine just for some coupons when they could just be posted! If peeps don't want to work together to get good deals then wutz the point of this site![/QUOTE]

to be honest i feel that BB is ripping us off by making us buy a "magazine" to get our fucking coupons so i'm not going to be wasting money on a fake magazine just for some coupons when they could just be posted! If people don't want to work together to get good deals then what's the point of this site!

I got this mag fri and all i can say is hooray for $20 off 2010 FIFA WC!

Does BB PM their own website? I know that some other stores usually don't (eg Target).

[quote name='estofan']Does BB PM their own website? I know that some other stores usually don't (eg Target).[/QUOTE]
That won't be necessary, I was just at Best Buy and Bioshock 2 was marked as $39.99 on the shelf.

Looked at the magazine in the store today, they all have a disclaimer similar to 'cannot be used on sale price items'. Makes them less useful, but hopefully they will honor them on MSRP price drops.

i got my free copy last week. not gonna use any of the coupons. it's an ok magazine. some of the stuff seems better written from other gaming ones than this tho.

Was about to get Bioshock 2 today until I did the math: magazine is basically $6, Bioshock 2 with coupon for $20, but tax is based on retail price ($40), not coupon price. With CA tax, that's about $30 total.

Where'd the sale go?!

[quote name='Kylearan']Was about to get Bioshock 2 today until I did the math: magazine is basically $6, Bioshock 2 with coupon for $20, but tax is based on retail price ($40), not coupon price. With CA tax, that's about $30 total.

Where'd the sale go?![/QUOTE]

unless you get the coupons for free, of course the deal will be lessened...

i can't believe some of the complaining in this thread. crying because someone feels they are owed the coupons and shouldn't have to buy the magazine for them. it's a crapshoot. some people will get this for free, others won't.

best buy wants their magazine to sell. how do you do that? include a bunch of pretty decent coupons in it. if you are buying just one of these games, it's probably not for you. if you are buying several of these games, it's all the sudden more worth it.

to the people who want the coupons scanned: when your printed reproduced coupons don't work, this thread will be inundated with pissed off people crying foul. i, for one, can't wait...

[quote name='Estebon']For the last time, copies won't work. Shut the hell up already and quit trolling.

I get banned unjustly and this guy keeps going and going.[/QUOTE]

for once we agree. ballbarfer is a real piece of ... er.. work.

I am gonna try to see if this coupon works with Bioshock 2 LE today.

[quote name='Envel']It says on the site it will bring at least $20 worth of coupons a mag and will have about $200 worth a year.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that pretty much kills it for me. Between the magazines that I already get (all for much cheaper, thanks to Amazon's $5 gaming magazine sales), I receive more than enough printed video game info each month. The only thing that would even potentially make this worthwhile for me would be the coupons. I was interested when I first saw the free issue in my mailbox, but lost interest when I saw the coupons. I'm not the least bit interested in a single one of the games that the $145 worth in the first issue are for (I either already have them or don't want them) -- so how likely is it that in any given future issue, with only $20-40 worth in it, there will be any that I'll want?

[quote name='confoosious']I am gonna try to see if this coupon works with Bioshock 2 LE today.[/QUOTE]

Since it's Best Buy, there are most likely SKUs printed on the coupon (don't have the magazine here with me, so can't check), and it will only be good for those SKUs. So probably not unless the LE SKUs are on it, but worth a try I suppose.

[quote name='operation_remie']i got my free copy last week. not gonna use any of the coupons. it's an ok magazine. some of the stuff seems better written from other gaming ones than this tho.[/QUOTE]

As an avid reader of all the other gamer magazines, I found this one to be beyond amateur and without much variety. Plus they want $20 for the subscription. Fail.

Two BIG THUMBS DOWN for BB making a fake magazine and then ripping people off by making them buy it to get some coupons! BTW can someone post a pdf of the front and back of the coupons?

ps I'll sell you a magazine i'm gonna make and i'll be putting HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS OF $ in coupons in it for only $20 subscription, pm me for details!

[quote name='ballbarfer']Two BIG THUMBS DOWN for BB making a fake magazine and then ripping people off by making them buy it to get some coupons! BTW can someone post a pdf of the front and back of the coupons?

ps I'll sell you a magazine i'm gonna make and i'll be putting HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS OF $ in coupons in it for only $20 subscription, pm me for details![/QUOTE]

Exactly how is it a "fake" magazine? All of that content takes a hell of a lot of work (and expense) to put together, and if you think otherwise then clearly you've never done any kind of publishing work. Sure, the point is for them to bring in business, otherwise they wouldn't be bothering. So what? If you don't want it, don't buy it. It's as simple as that. They're not "making" you do anything.

I mean, yeah, as I've already stated, I'm not that interested in the magazine myself. But some of these criticisms are just downright idiotic.

[quote name='arcane93']Exactly how is it a "fake" magazine? All of that content takes a hell of a lot of work (and expense) to put together, and if you think otherwise then clearly you've never done any kind of publishing work. Sure, the point is for them to bring in business, otherwise they wouldn't be bothering. So what? If you don't want it, don't buy it. It's as simple as that.

I mean, yeah, as I've already stated, I'm not that interested in the magazine myself. But some of these criticisms are just downright idiotic.[/QUOTE]

funny, i was halfway through typing the same thing. the only way this could possibly be a "fake" magazine is if it contains literally BLANK pages between the covers.

[quote name='ballbarfer']Two BIG THUMBS DOWN for BB making a fake magazine and then ripping people off by making them buy it to get some coupons! BTW can someone post a pdf of the front and back of the coupons?

ps I'll sell you a magazine i'm gonna make and i'll be putting HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS OF $ in coupons in it for only $20 subscription, pm me for details![/QUOTE]

Seriously dude. Stop asking for the scans. This isn't freeassgamer (still available as a purchase if you want to start your own site where you try to run your own scams!)

Give up on the fact that you will not get scans of the coupons and even if you did, they wouldn't work. Move on and troll another thread.

You're my kind of scum. Respect.

not only is this guy a first class fuck, he also has amnesia.

Well, as someone who's been a real irritant in this thread won't be posting for a while, I hope we can put this thread back on-track.

I got my free copy earlier today, and sure, it's a nice effort, and perhaps some issue someday will have really worthy coupons, but this initial installment feels a little amateurish, especially in terms of writing.

I really liked that the letter from the editor had a typo and some of the pros/cons sections of reviews were just hysterically worded, and seemingly written without anybody ever reading them.

I was somewhat tempted to subscribe for the $20 annual fee when I first heard of it, but that is pretty unlikely after seeing the first issue.

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']It's like Newegg.com. They only send coupon codes to people who have an account with them but haven't bought anything. Does that make any sense at all? It'd make more sense to reward people who spend money at their site, and continue to do so even without the perks they offer.[/QUOTE]

Actually, that doesn't make sense at all. Coupons and discounts and deals are used to entice people that are not going to buy into buying. They aren't used to reward shoppers who are already spending money. Retail isn't your friend. It's only marketing that makes you think they're giving you "rewards" for your loyal business.

For example, I have an on again/off again relationship with eMusic. I join for 1 month, then cancel. After 1 month of not paying I get an offer for 25 free songs, after 2 months for 50, and after 3 months for 75. They're only going to offer me the deal if they see that I'm not spending any money with their service. If I kept my subscription active, I would never get any free songs.

Back on topic, I'll wait and see what's in the next issue. So far, the coupons just aren't for anything I'm interested in. Give me a coupon for a new release or a worthwhile exclusive and I'll bite.

[quote name='splintercell'] but this initial installment feels a little amateurish, especially in terms of writing.

I really liked that the letter from the editor had a typo and some of the pros/cons sections of reviews were just hysterically worded, and seemingly written without anybody ever reading them.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I read a bit of the magazine today, and i feel it's got a ways to go before it's worth it as far as a subscription goes. The reviews aren't very detailed and it has a def has the amateurish feel to the writing.

[quote name='f4t4lfury']
For example, I have an on again/off again relationship with eMusic. I join for 1 month, then cancel. After 1 month of not paying I get an offer for 25 free songs, after 2 months for 50, and after 3 months for 75[/QUOTE]

Haha, yea myself as well. I'm not sure their marketing dept. has it all together. If i can get 4 months worth of songs for 1 month's payment, and they keep offering the same deal over and over again - why would I stay a member?

yay for shrike!

[quote name='splintercell']I got my free copy earlier today, and sure, it's a nice effort, and perhaps some issue someday will have really worthy coupons, but this initial installment feels a little amateurish, especially in terms of writing.
[/QUOTE]

Someone in this thread mentioned that the magazine was good. I got it in the mail and was embarrassed how bad it was. A premier issue better have more going for it than coupons. It was on the level of the free gaming "magazines" you get at Kmart. (essentially a "what's coming soon that you can buy" ad.)

[quote name='f4t4lfury']Actually, that doesn't make sense at all. Coupons and discounts and deals are used to entice people that are not going to buy into buying. They aren't used to reward shoppers who are already spending money. Retail isn't your friend. It's only marketing that makes you think they're giving you "rewards" for your loyal business.
[/QUOTE]

I think you hit the nail on the head.

[quote name='confoosious']
Someone in this thread mentioned that the magazine was good. I got it in the mail and was embarrassed how bad it was. A premier issue better have more going for it than coupons. It was on the level of the free gaming "magazines" you get at Kmart. (essentially a "what's coming soon that you can buy" ad.)[/quote]

This is exactly what I was expecting it to be...weird that Future is doing it though (although Future's really gone down hill...used to be Next Generation and Ultra Game Players and PC Gamer and what not, and now it's all these branded magazines (though thankfully still PC Gamer and Maximum PC).

Well, I'll keep waiting for a free copy to see, and in the mean time I subscribed to the new EGM!

I actually got 3 magazines (one for myself, my wife and my backup RZ account at work). If nothing else, they make decent bathroom reading/house centipede swatting material.

[quote name='Disneyboy']Is Prince of Persia the new Forgotten Sands game or the one from a year or two ago? Because the older Prince of Persia retails for $20, so that would make it $5 after coupon.[/QUOTE]

its the new POP. BB has it for 39.99 I bought it for 26.xx after tax w/ coupon. Even if the game sucks I can at least break even on a re-sale. I look at it as a free rental.

[quote name='Kylearan']Was about to get Bioshock 2 today until I did the math: magazine is basically $6, Bioshock 2 with coupon for $20, but tax is based on retail price ($40), not coupon price. With CA tax, that's about $30 total.

Where'd the sale go?![/QUOTE]

Typically when using a store coupon (like these) the taxes are applied after the coupon is taken off. That's why it's possible to sometimes get free games at BB with the reward zone coupons.

Now these may not work the same but I'm betting they do.

bread's done
Back