$20 off Select titles in launch issue of @GAMER magazine (Best Buy) Just Dance Sale

nixmahn

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
Just got the launch issue in the mail b/c I'm a Rewards Zone member.

Includes Best Buy $20 and $15 off coupons for

$20 off
Halo3 ODST:360:
Bioshock 2:360::ps3::pc:
Skate 3:360::ps3:
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11:360::ps3::wii:
2010 Fifa World Tour South Africa:360::ps3::wii:

$15 off
Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands:360::ps3:
Just Dance:wii:
AC2 :pc:

good for 6/24-7/31, Best Buy only

prices as of 7/26/10

:360: Halo ODST>>>>>$39.99 (w/coupon-$19.99)
:360::ps3: Bioshock 2>>>>>$39.99 (w/coupon-$19.99)
:pc: Bioshock 2>>>>>$29.99 (w/coupon-$9.99)
:360::ps3: Skate 3>>>>>$59.99 (w/coupon-$39.99)
:360::ps3: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11>>>>>$59.99 (w/coupon-$39.99)
:360::ps3: 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa>>>>>$59.99 (w/coupon-$39.99)
:wii:2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa>>>>>$39.99 (w/coupon-$19.99)

:360::ps3: Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands>>>>>$39.99 (w/coupon-$24.99)
:wii: Just Dance>>>>>$29.99 (w/coupon-$14.99)
:pc: Assassin's Creed 2>>>>>$39.99 (w/coupon-$24.99) ------------------------> GOOGLE DRM issues before buying

CAG's reporting they have not received a free copy. I use my RZ a lot for the deals and preordered Madden 11 a few days ago (they asked for my address and everything). It was my 1st preorder and thought it was standard procedure.

https://www.atgamermagazine.com/?h=488

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='evildeadjedi'][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]So they didn’t sell ads like the big boys at PC Gamer and Computer Gaming World. Who gives a shit!?[/FONT][/QUOTE]

I'm gonna go ahead and guess that the people who financed the magazine gave a shit.

To whichever moderator felt it was necessary to merge my PoP thread into this one, I just wanted to respectfully reply that any time a top-tier game that has only been released 7 weeks ago drops from 59.99 to 24.99, I feel that should be news enough to warrant it's own thread, especially since this thread that it got merged into is an older thread that hasn't generated much interest and a lot of CAGs are probably not going to come back and check on it a second time and potentially miss a deal on a top-tier game. /soapbox ;)

[quote name='gamerdogbert']To whichever moderator felt it was necessary to merge my PoP thread into this one, I just wanted to respectfully reply that any time a top-tier game that has only been released 7 weeks ago drops from 59.99 to 24.99, I feel that should be news enough to warrant it's own thread, especially since this thread that it got merged into is an older thread that hasn't generated much interest and a lot of CAGs are probably not going to come back and check on it a second time and potentially miss a deal on a top-tier game. /soapbox ;)[/QUOTE]

But to get that deal you need to have received the magazine in the first place or buy the magazine for $6 which kills some of the deal. It is a good deal but having in the deals section when the number of people it applies to is so small doesn't make much sense.

[quote name='mistymayem']But to get that deal you need to have received the magazine in the first place or buy the magazine for $6 which kills some of the deal. It is a good deal but having in the deals section when the number of people it applies to is so small doesn't make much sense.[/QUOTE]
Well all Reward Zone Gamer Club members are getting a free copy of the mag, and it's hard to imagine that anyone who would be in a position to grab this deal isn't already enrolled as such, but even for such a person... going to the store and buying the mag for $6, the total comes to $30.99 which is still $2 cheaper than the best deal this game has been at yet (the GoGamer sale this week), so really it is an "everyone" deal, to a varying degree of just how good, but good either way LOL

But I'm not going to argue with anyone over it. The mods are always right, and I'm not a mod. As always, I just hope that no CAGs miss out on a deal that would interest them. Peace!

is skate 3 going down in price anytime soon... im gonna get the $20 off regardless but if its going on sale or theres a price drop id much rather get it like that

I got mine today, and being the classy guy that I am, I checked out masthead, and I noticed that the editor in chief is Wil "check the bullet points, bitches" O'Neal who used to be on G4's attack of the show a few years back.

Yeah, the editorial is pretty weak, but it is the first issue and many magazines first issues are pretty poor, often with a less than stellar mix of canned copy/stuff crammed in the last minute.

I have no inside knowledge about this but my suspicion is that Best Buy is providing the reward zone gamers club membership address info to Future (the publisher of the magazine) in return for a part of the ad sales. Future can retread content from their other properties at little cost and gets a subscriber based that is a known quantity from a game consumption standpoint (ie, they know we spend alot of money on games) which is helpful with trying to attract advertisers, although that's going to be a tough row to hoe with a print magazine nowadays....esp judging by all the PSA type ESRB ads in the first issue.

I would imagine that the first few issues will be mailed out free to build up awareness but at some point they're going to have to get paying subscribers...My issue have a sheet pasted to it suggesting that I really should subscribe at the low price of $20 a year...Or it maybe they expect that folks will pony up for the subscription in order to get the coupons (think the reverse of the Edge card and game informer....you buy the magazine, you get all these coupons.) But I really don't think folks value print that much anymore, so I don't know if anyone is going to see that a real value proposition for most people.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I'm gonna go ahead and guess that the people who financed the magazine gave a shit.[/QUOTE]

Very true this thing is just like a big advertisement.

[quote name='gamerdogbert']Well all Reward Zone Gamer Club members are getting a free copy of the mag[/QUOTE]

Not this guy...

Premier Silver + Gamer Club member here and I've not received any form of this magazine at all. Don't ASSume that all of us are getting one.

I'm not assuming, according to the BB info I've read, you should be getting one. Mine didn't come until day before yesterday, so wait and see.

I received my free copy earlier this week. This isn't worth the $6 cover price unless you are buying it purely for the coupons. I'm going to hold onto the BS2 coupon in the hopes that it will go on sale at BB soon so I can get it for cheap. If anyone wants the rest of the coupons, send me a PM.

[quote name='nixmahn']This a weekly mag? I thought it was monthly. I didn't see weekly anywhere on it.[/QUOTE]

It is monthly, my mistake before

[quote name='Magikarp830']What, exactly, is "superb" about the new EGM? The fact that they changed everything? The fact that it reads like VH1 instead of MTV? The fact that they don't really seem to address how different they've made the mag?

If you ask me, the magazine is better off the further it moves from its obnoxious, MTV, bad-ass-wannabe attitude. In that respect, you could say the magazine is now BETTER... but superb? I don't know...:roll:[/QUOTE]

I absolutely loved that it took it a much more professional and mature look at gaming than anything else on the market. I loved that the first article in the magazine was an editorial about the possibility of game makers unionizing - to remain relevant in the internet age a magazine needs to provide something unique which is exactly what EGM is doing. Your ign, gamespot, 1up, etc would never take on the type of material EGM is.

As for them not addressing the changes, I believe they mentioned that in the editor's letter to start the magazine. Also if you followed any of the old staff at bitmob there was a lot of discussion about the reboot there.

[quote name='BWOzar']I absolutely loved that it took it a much more professional and mature look at gaming than anything else on the market. I loved that the first article in the magazine was an editorial about the possibility of game makers unionizing - to remain relevant in the internet age a magazine needs to provide something unique which is exactly what EGM is doing. Your ign, gamespot, 1up, etc would never take on the type of material EGM is.

As for them not addressing the changes, I believe they mentioned that in the editor's letter to start the magazine. Also if you followed any of the old staff at bitmob there was a lot of discussion about the reboot there.[/QUOTE]

At the risk of sounding dumb, I always thought 1up and EGM were one and the same. Don't they have the same editors, reviewers, etc.?
I must be misinformed.

[quote name='drktrpr1']Hahah the mag is pretty weak, as has already been posted. That being said, you can't argue with free, or with free coupons. If anyone needs a coup PM me, I can probably mail or scan em for ya.[/QUOTE]

The coupons aren't worth it, though. Even with the coupons you can usually get any game they're offering for the same price or often cheaper elsewhere.

It's too bad this "magazine" didn't come out last year. Reading positive reviews of Darkest of Days, Rogue Warrior and Tony Hawk Ride would've been a real treat.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']The coupons aren't worth it, though. Even with the coupons you can usually get any game they're offering for the same price or often cheaper elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

If that's the case can you direct me to where right now a retailer is selling Bioshock 2 and Halo 3 ODST for $20 NEW plus the new POP for $25. Amazon can't even beat that....so i don't know where your getting the cheaper elsewhere from.

Really good coupon deals IMO especially if you got the mag free

[quote name='ninjab0yyyy13']At the risk of sounding dumb, I always thought 1up and EGM were one and the same. Don't they have the same editors, reviewers, etc.?
I must be misinformed.[/QUOTE]

I think they used to be, as I recall 1UP was the old EGM website and when EGM had the plug pulled, most of the writers and editors ended up staying with 1UP.

However, when EGM was resurrected, it wasn't the same people and I don't believe everyone who used to be at old EGM/1UP returned to the new online magazine, so they are now technically two separate and competing entities from what I understand. But, I could be mistaken ...

[quote name='MikePWV']If that's the case can you direct me to where right now a retailer is selling Bioshock 2 and Halo 3 ODST for $20 NEW plus the new POP for $25. Amazon can't even beat that....so i don't know where your getting the cheaper elsewhere from.

[/QUOTE]

I think he meant that the coupons have no value for him because he does not care for those games. Bioshock 2 and Halo ODST will be $30 MSRP very soon, anyways.

True, with Reach coming out so soon, ODST really isn't worth more than $10 or free at this point. Bioshock 2 was alright, but it still left me kind of cold compared to the original. I'd say $20 isn't a bad price for Bioshock, though $10 would be a must buy since it's still a pretty good game overall.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']I'm more convinced everyday that half of CAG doesn't actually play videogames.[/QUOTE]

I've wondered that myself many of times. :roll:

i have been waiting on a bioshock price drop but found myself incredibly bored today and picked it up for 20. no go on the limited edition with coupon.

PoP:TFS is $39.99, so putting the $15 coupon in action makes a descent deal! The price is on-line though, anyone can confirm in the store as well?
Edit: called local BB and no answer, i guess i'll find out the store price on Monday.

[quote name='Serpentor']PoP:TFS is $39.99, so putting the $15 coupon in action makes a descent deal! The price is on-line though, anyone can confirm in the store as well?
Edit: called local BB and no answer, i guess i'll find out the store price on Monday.[/QUOTE]

well generally you would just march on over to the customer service counter directly and say I want to PM this to the BB.com price. Don't let them give you any crap about it either, b/c it's only Target who won't PM their website (backed by AMZN) However, when doing this, it counts as a 'step-up' in the transaction, meaning, if you present the coupon, you are opening yourself up to a 'one or the other' usage from the cashier. This will most likely be fact (even though register might do it, so you could get a cashier who runs i thru, but sometimes the CS clerks are trained to be harder) even a manager will agree w/ them at that point. So good luck!!

I love to PM new release movies just to give them a hard time and waste their time b/c WTF make something a $1 or two less online then whats in your circular..

[quote name='token2k6']well generally you would just march on over to the customer service counter directly and say I want to PM this to the BB.com price. Don't let them give you any crap about it either, b/c it's only Target who won't PM their website (backed by AMZN) However, when doing this, it counts as a 'step-up' in the transaction, meaning, if you present the coupon, you are opening yourself up to a 'one or the other' usage from the cashier. This will most likely be fact (even though register might do it, so you could get a cashier who runs i thru, but sometimes the CS clerks are trained to be harder) even a manager will agree w/ them at that point. So good luck!!

I love to PM new release movies just to give them a hard time and waste their time b/c WTF make something a $1 or two less online then whats in your circular..[/QUOTE]

I guess all depends on how cool the cashier or manager is... i'll keep it in mind on Monday if the store price is still $59.99....

[quote name='Serpentor']I guess all depends on how cool the cashier or manager is... i'll keep it in mind on Monday if the store price is still $59.99....[/QUOTE]
I went to Best Buy on Monday, and Prince of Persia was marked on the shelf as $39.99.

I can't log into the rewards zone for some reason, and I haven't recieved the magazine yet. Can you stack a coupon with a game that has the RZ pricedrop?

[quote name='Disneyboy']I went to Best Buy on Monday, and Prince of Persia was marked on the shelf as $39.99.[/QUOTE]
Cool, thanks for the info. Looks like i'll be getting the game tomorrow rather than waiting for Monday.

[quote name='BWOzar']It is monthly, my mistake before[/QUOTE]
It is actually only 10 issues per year; Jan/Feb & July/Aug will be combined issues. (Just makes it an even worse deal, IMO)
[quote name='Serpentor']PoP:TFS is $39.99, so putting the $15 coupon in action makes a descent deal! The price is on-line though, anyone can confirm in the store as well?
Edit: called local BB and no answer, i guess i'll find out the store price on Monday.[/QUOTE]
Yes, price is $39.99 in store. Picked mine up Thursday.

So those that have not received a free issue of this magazine, are you just buying the first edition at BB to use the coupon right then and there? I want to pick up ODST as I spent too much for a used copy at GS yesterday, which I would plan on returning it for credit.

[quote name='token2k6']well generally you would just march on over to the customer service counter directly and say I want to PM this to the BB.com price. Don't let them give you any crap about it either, b/c it's only Target who won't PM their website (backed by AMZN) [/QUOTE]

Hmm...I've had no problem getting Target Stores to match their own website. The one retailer that won't match their own site is Walmart/Sam's Club. Walmart won't match Sam's, walmart.com or samsclub.com and vice-versa. It's the lamest shit ever.

I got this magazine mailed to me for free, and will probably only use the Prince of Persia coupon... If anyone lives in or around Campbell, CA, and wants to come pick up the rest of the coupons from me, feel free to PM me. I'd hate to see good coupons go to waste... :D

Picked up Bioshock 2 PC for $9.99 after coupon, rang up fine. Got deal for a physical copy, glad I did not get the steam version instead of the retail copy. Now if only POP would drop to $29.99 retail.

[quote name='icarusmight']Picked up Bioshock 2 PC for $9.99 after coupon, rang up fine. Got deal for a physical copy, glad I did not get the steam version instead of the retail copy. Now if only POP would drop to $29.99 retail.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't it still have the same Securom DRM and the GFWL 15 activation limit? However, ten bucks is a great deal on the game! :applause:

Got PoP:TFS for $25 after the $15 coupon. Not a hot deal per se, but I have a $10 RZ certificate expiring in August, so i used it on the game, total with tax is $16.xx.

I only bring this up is because the BB version of PoP:TFS came with the exclusive Wraith skin code (i opened my copy and the skin code is inside the case, there's no expiration date and the code can only be redeemed within the game, not a PSN code).

I do hate the little BB exclusive symbol on the cover though, it's not a removable sticker.

All kinds of complaints and feedback on the magazine. I think you will find that some of them are being addressed in issue 2. Coupons for more recent games and the total value will be in excess of $100 again! The reviews and previews will continue to get better too and there will be exclusive content coming in.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']The writing style in the magazine was poor. It was choppy. Some sentences could be combined. They were short sentences.[/QUOTE]

I like your opinion. It was good.

I was excited when I went to Conns and saw they had Bioshock 2 for $29.99. I thought it would be the same price at BB but realized it was $10 more. Think I will wait to see if it goes down in price before the coupons expire (highly doubtful).

bread's done
Back