2004 FYE Trade-In Prices - LIST HERE (Farewell!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone tried to trade in Syphon Filter? I just looked at the site and it looks like the game is going for $30 making the $24.99 trade-in value look highly improbable...

Tear... :(

[quote name='Vicious']BTW, I found another great game to trade in. V-Rally 3 is 14.99 new or 12.99 used at GS and fetches $27 at FYE. Made 100 bucks with this game yesterday.[/quote]

The ps2 or XBOX version? (or both?)

Wherehouse.com says that Timesplitters on PS2 fetches $26. I find it outragous. Can anyone try this and confirm please? I would but I am busy for the next three days.

I'll try Timesplitters once I get it delvered, it's only $4.99 used at EBGames.com so a/c it's $4.24, but I guess you are taking a chance on it being too scratched for FYE to accept it. Unless I somehow get it tomorrow or Friday (it's possible since even with free shipping, I usually get my order within 2 days because I live so close to their shipping warehouse). Otherwise, I won't be able to try it until next Monday.

Just traded in these two games today for XBOX:

Motor Trend: Lotus Challenge - $27 (Toy's'rus bought 3 for $25)
ESPN Basketball 2K4 - $24 (bought for $7 @ EB after 30% off preowned)

[quote name='ratedpeej']Has anyone tried to trade in Syphon Filter? I just looked at the site and it looks like the game is going for $30 making the $24.99 trade-in value look highly improbable...

Tear... :([/quote]

I'm also curious about this, I know SCPT dropped when the price went down to 30

Again, V-Rally 3 is on xbox only. It would seem that wherehouse prices are not all that acurate.

First, it says that Dinotopia fetches $24. It actually gets $26 at FYE. I did two copies today. Bought them for 14.99 new from GS.

Army Men: Serge's war for GC seems to be $24 on wherehouse. In fact, it only fetches six bucks on FYE.

Timesplitters one as well.

So for now, you can do V-Rally 3 and Dinotopia .. till I find something new
You can do Transworld Surf Next Wave but it seems a little scarce and expensive .. not worth it IMO

[quote name='Vicious']Again, V-Rally 3 is on xbox only. It would seem that wherehouse prices are not all that acurate.

First, it says that Dinotopia fetches $24. It actually gets $26 at FYE. I did two copies today. Bought them for 14.99 new from GS.

Army Men: Serge's war for GC seems to be $24 on wherehouse. In fact, it only fetches six bucks on FYE.

Timesplitters one as well.

So for now, you can do V-Rally 3 and Dinotopia .. till I find something new
You can do Transworld Surf Next Wave but it seems a little scarce and expensive .. not worth it IMO[/quote]

Which Dinotopia did you trade in? The XBOX or Cube version?

[quote name='snipegod']Motor Trend is regularly 49.99 at TRU, and it's 24.98 after discount.[/quote]

Yeah, I wondered the same thing, but when I asked them to ring it up it came up as $24.98. A manager came over and said to ring it as a sale and not a price check and it came up as $24.98 and the 50% came off of that. Ended up picking up 3 copies for $25.

[quote name='Vicious']Here guys take a look at this.

http://www.wherehouse.com/games/trade-ins.jsp

Don't rely on this list's reliability 100%. Like I said Serge's War and TimeSplitters were alot less than what they claim. Dinotopia on the other hand was 2 bucks more.

Tell me I'm not useful :twisted:[/quote]

lol! Thanks for all the prices man!

And the Spend $25 get $10 off your next purchase was still in effect today on my reciept. I dunno how long it will appear on the reciepts but you can only use it from Nov1-20.

Yeah, thanks for that link, it should be interesting to see if any of those other high value trade in games can be found cheap elsewhere.

I dont fully understand that deal on the receipt (spend $25 or more and get $10 off). So basically, if I buy San Andreas on November 1, I'll get it for $39.99 plus tax rather than $49.99? Or is it something that if you spend $25 or more, you'll get a coupon that says "$10 off anything"? Seriously, what's going on??? :D

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']

And the Spend $25 get $10 off your next purchase was still in effect today on my reciept. I dunno how long it will appear on the reciepts but you can only use it from Nov1-20.[/quote]wasnt on my receipt, might be because i used credit to purchase

Anybody have any CD trade in values?

I know I looked at the wherehouse.com site, and it says I would get $13 for the Spice Girls CD(Yes, I got a Spice Girls CD. Bite me, lol).

If that's true, I'll trade it in and get the Shrek 2 DVD for $5 or so.

I got a few more good ones to add!

Second Sight (PS2) - $14.00
Second Sight (Xbox) - $14.00
Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy (PS2) - $5.00
Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy (Xbox) - $8.00
Room Zoom (Xbox) - $26.00

Yes. Room Zoom, Jaleco's latest online racing game for the Xbox gets you $26.00 in store credit at FYE. Room Zoom is brand new at GameStop for $19.99; so it's not the best deal, but it still kicks ass!

210668b.jpg

[quote name='Richter'][quote name='Strider Turbulence']

And the Spend $25 get $10 off your next purchase was still in effect today on my reciept. I dunno how long it will appear on the reciepts but you can only use it from Nov1-20.[/quote]wasnt on my receipt, might be because i used credit to purchase[/quote]

I've noticed that it never appeared on my reciept when I bought & traded games in at Strawberries stores. I've traded in some games to fye & record town stores and it was there though.

I went by the local FYE today and traded in a few games.

Here are the games and the values:
Dynasty Warriors 3 (xbox) $18.00
Indycar Series (xbox) $18.00
Pro Race Driver (xbox) $27.00
Murakumo (xbox) $7.50
Freaky Flyers (xbox) $8.50
Batman Dark Tomorrow (xbox) $7.50
Zoocube (gamecube) $8.50
Black and Bruised (gamecube) $27.00

I ended up with $122 store credit, which is pretty good considering that I only paid $60 for all of those games to begin with.

The trade-in values for Dynasty Warriors 3 and Indycar Series matched what was listed on the wherehouse.com page linked to earlier in this thread.

Ever notice how the racing games that are exclusive to Xbox will get you TONS of store credit at FYE...

Room Zoom - $26.00
IndyCar Series 2005 - $18.00
Motor Trend Lotus Challenge - $27.00
Pro Race Driver - $27.00
Maximum Chase - $18.00

Go, crappy Xbox racing games, GOOOO!!!

[quote name='bruceleeah']how much could i get with fable[/quote]

Probably $25 or possiably less

[quote name='Strider Turbulence'][quote name='Richter'][quote name='Strider Turbulence']

And the Spend $25 get $10 off your next purchase was still in effect today on my reciept. I dunno how long it will appear on the reciepts but you can only use it from Nov1-20.[/quote]wasnt on my receipt, might be because i used credit to purchase[/quote]

I've noticed that it never appeared on my reciept when I bought & traded games in at Strawberries stores. I've traded in some games to fye & record town stores and it was there though.[/quote]only 1 FYE here (no other affiliates), no mention of it on my receipt ;_;

Is FYE (or any of its partner stores) having a deal where you buy San Andreas and you get a $10.00 mail-in rebate? I plan to buy GTA San Andreas tomorrow using my store credit and my ''spend $25 and get $10'' receipt. I don't want to buy online, just B&M. Any deals like that, let me know by tomorrow. I'd rather get a $10.00 mail-in rebate since I'm gonna spend $49.99 anyway. Thanks in advance!

List of games

Activision for ps2 7.50
Backyard wrestling ps2 7.50
Max payne 2 ps2 14.00
Alias ps2 11.00
i Ninja gamecube 7.50
Ncaa gamebreaker 2004 11.00
Ncaa final four 2004 11.00
Dave mirra xbox 7.50
Haven ps2 6
Auto something ps2 6
Spinx ps2 7.50
Bloodryane gamecube 7.50
xmen 2 xbox 8.50

I was shocked that Ncaa 2004 was getting 11 each i only paid 3 each off ebgames. I now have 152 credit wooo lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back