2008-09 NHL Thread - Stanley Cup Finals begin May 30!!!

too bad the game was won on a terrible call at the end of the game. oh well, you cant let yourself go down 0-3 in the first and expect to win everygame though, the sharks lost the game long before that call.

Sharks got away with penalties all night , so yeah it was a little weak to finally call that one near the end of the game. I hate inconsistency like that.

[quote name='yukine']Sharks got away with penalties all night , so yeah it was a little weak to finally call that one near the end of the game. I hate inconsistency like that.[/QUOTE]

both teams did ;) but thats whats so annoying with refs. they let the slashes, cross checks, & and scrums go with no calls but then with less then a minute left theres a weak interfence call like that (he tripped over his own stick!), its terrible. i wish the NHL held their refs more accountable. of all the major sports id say that the NHL refs have the most subjective calls and inconsistency is a big problem in the league.

Exactly, that is what I meant... a couple of clear, more serious penalties went ignored all game until the end. Either way, Sharks came out extremely flat in the first period and let it go 3-0. Still, it was a good, entertaining game.

No way, I think the NBA has the worst officiating in any sport.

What really pains me is I'll play NHL 09 and it will call bullshit calls then the NHL in reality does the same thing and makes EA look... "accurate".

I'm going to 5 hockey games in the next 4 days. Bruins/Kings on Thursday, Hockey East semifinals on Friday (two games), Hockey East finals on Saturday, and Bruins/Devils on Sunday. Should all be pretty good games.

Holy crap dafoomie. Have fun. I'm flying into Tampa late Friday and going to the Frightning/Thrashers game Saturday. Be back in a few days!

Christ! Someone upload the fight where Stabautz rips tOOltOOl a new asshole. LMAO!

Edit: Wow... I'm sorry Yukine. Saw highlights.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't get to post this last night, but great win by the Kings. I thought they were fucked. But I should have known better... The Kings usually pull it out on the road but shit the bed against teams they should beat at home.

Hell yeah! Jack Johnson is CLUTCH~! as fuck.

EDIT: Bullshit goaltender interference call against Anze Kopitar with 2:19 left in OT leads to a Nashville goal and win. Dammit. But the playoffs are already out of reach, anyway.

Bruins/Leafs on NHL Network now.

[quote name='TC'] I'm flying into Tampa late Friday and going to the Frightning/Thrashers game Saturday. Be back in a few days![/QUOTE]

Was a pretty good game though the Frightning lost in a SO. The funny thing is when Slava Kozlov went up for Atlanta I told my cousins "sorry guys its game over" and he scored a beauty. Just like he would score years back for the Wings. Quick wrist shot five hole. Always a fun time going to an out of town game.

sharks won a critical game last night. they have a 4 point lead now and the wings and sharks each have 6 games left. lucky for us the sharks have an easier schedule.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']sharks won a critical game last night. they have a 4 point lead now and the wings and sharks each have 6 games left. lucky for us the sharks have an easier schedule.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I don't think the Wings will catch the Sharks now.

The bottom if the conference is still crazy. All 5 teams from the Central could make the playoffs. Thats unreal. Wouldn't have thought that was possible just a year or so ago. The Central is now the best division in hockey.

just because im hopeful the sharks will win the presidents doesnt mean im as hopeful that they will win the cup. weve had trouble against calgary, detroit, and chicago this year. vancouver is playing crazy good right now. and teams like nashville, edmonton and columbus have nothing to lose and all to gain. that being said, i think its safe to say the cup is staying with the west another year.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']just because im hopeful the sharks will win the presidents doesnt mean im as hopeful that they will win the cup. weve had trouble against calgary, detroit, and chicago this year. vancouver is playing crazy good right now. and teams like nashville, edmonton and columbus have nothing to lose and all to gain. that being said, i think its safe to say the cup is staying with the west another year.[/QUOTE]
I think Boston, New Jersey, and to a lesser degree Washington are right up there with anyone in the West. Philly is pretty good, too.

Hey VIP, I'm going to the regular season finale, Kings vs. Sharks in 11 days. That game at 1, ECHL playoffs at 7. It shall be a good day.

Also, you should play with our NHL 09 online team.

[quote name='Matt Young']Hey VIP, I'm going to the regular season finale, Kings vs. Sharks in 11 days. That game at 1, ECHL playoffs at 7. It shall be a good day.

Also, you should play with our NHL 09 online team.[/quote]

Sweet, if my sis or dad doesn't go I'll be there. xD

hmmm... send me an invite (I can't just get in right?) I'll try it out. lool, guess I've been on that damn game for long periods trying to win the cup. :D

I thought you were on the old team before we created the new club. I'll invite you next time I'm on. We play throughout the week, but Fridays are our official nights. There's a thread in the 360 forum.

If you end up going to the game, let me know. I'll be in 308.

I was but I thought I needed to be invited each time? I'll see what's up if I can get in.

Hmm... when friday's because I work on that night. :(

lol 308? is that in the rafters or the box suites? I'll let ya know.

[quote name='dafoomie']Just scored playoff tickets, love those internet presales.[/QUOTE]

sharks tickets sold out in 11 minutes for the first two games :cry:

im going to the last home game of the season on april 9, fan appriciation day. i guess were getting fleece blankets this year.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']sharks tickets sold out in 11 minutes for the first two games :cry:

im going to the last home game of the season on april 9, fan appriciation day. i guess were getting fleece blankets this year.[/QUOTE]
We have very little single game tickets for the playoffs, only those that were set aside. Season ticket holders have the rest.

We've got the same thing here for the last regular seaosn game, I'm going. They're giving away the jerseys the players wore, I bought better seats so I'd have a better chance.

[quote name='VipFREAK']I was but I thought I needed to be invited each time? I'll see what's up if I can get in.

Hmm... when friday's because I work on that night. :(

lol 308? is that in the rafters or the box suites? I'll let ya know.[/QUOTE]

Rafters, but I have a perfect view of all the action. I'm dead level with the center line. I've had seats in the same area 4 times before.

[quote name='dafoomie']We have very little single game tickets for the playoffs, only those that were set aside. Season ticket holders have the rest.

We've got the same thing here for the last regular seaosn game, I'm going. They're giving away the jerseys the players wore, I bought better seats so I'd have a better chance.[/QUOTE]

They only give away jerseys to season ticket holders.

[quote name='Matt Young']They only give away jerseys to season ticket holders.[/QUOTE]
Its a random drawing, half STH and half not. Besides, I bought my tickets for that game off a season ticket holder.

[quote name='dafoomie']Its a random drawing, half STH and half not. Besides, I bought my tickets for that game off a season ticket holder.[/QUOTE]

Oh, well apparently the Bruins are nicer than the Kings and their ECHL affiliate. Good luck.

speaking of jerseys. yesterday my gf gave me a rbk replica sharks jersey. that the thing just feels sooo cheap. i have two other jerseys (both replicas) one is CCM and the other is KOHO. the CCM is older and has some wear and tear (mostly because of my poor upkeep when i was younger) and the KOHO jersey is in great shape. this new RBK jersey feels like it wont even make it a full season. anyone else have an RBK jersey that feels like crap? btw this was bought through ESPN when they had a jersey sale a couple weeks ago, so its not like its from a chinese ebayer.

The new replicas are very cheaply made, and use a version of the RBK edge material (even though most if not all players switched back to airknit). I wouldn't touch them.

I only buy game worn jerseys anyway, can't get any realer than real.

[quote name='VipFREAK']I read chinese ebayer... there's your problem. lol[/QUOTE]

no, i was saying its not from a chinese ebayer. thats why im so surprised that it looks so cheap. in any event, i guess my next one is just going to have to be authentic. i have a great idea for a custom jersey... cant share it, someone might steal it.

also, lets go sharks tonight! edmonton always gives us trouble, and we cant afford the loss with boston and detroit breating down our necks.

Go blues!

Edit: @Ram, I dunno about you, but I hope Roloson gets an emmy for that call. :roll:

Oh nice... high stick, trip, and he gets a penalty. :roll:

Oh yeah... why don't they have EVERY stick checked BEFORE the game so that we don't have to deal with this stick check bull.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Ewww...[/QUOTE]
They wash them first. Its actually a fun hobby, kind of like baseball cards for adults. Got a David Krejci jersey for $175 before his big season, now its worth substantially more.

Just found out that they changed the 'shirts off our backs' game from my game to the one prior to it. Oh well, my 27 in 17,565 odds weren't that good anyway.

Geez... that's insane. A $200 hockey stick is worth it more.

Why is Lucic so overrated? Why is he so overrated in NHL09 too?

Overrated how?

The guy is a straight up ass kicker with a still developing offensive game. Check out NHL on the fly for his goal tonight. Think Dustin Brown but bigger, more physical, with a cannon of a shot but with a rawer offensive game overall.

He'll be better than Brown offensively soon enough, he's only 20 and in his 2nd year pro. Brown wasn't close to this level of production at that age.

Look at Brown's team and where they are now standing. Do the same for Lucic. Brown is currently a more complete player, but Lucic will ending up being unstoppable soon enough.

[quote name='dafoomie']I only buy game worn jerseys anyway, can't get any realer than real.[/QUOTE]

I've got a friend that collects these seriously. He has easily $50,000 worth in game used jerseys, sticks, and all kinds of equipment. Next time I'm over there I'll see if I can get some pics.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Go blues![/QUOTE]

Would have liked to see the Wings lose in OT so at least they got a point, but the Blues winning doesn't matter much for the Wings playoff picture. It would be awesome if all 5 Central teams make the playoffs. Nashville needs to pick it up and hope for the Ducks to shot the bed. Also it would be nice for the Wings to play against a team not on the West coast in the first round for once.

[quote name='Taboner']Look at Brown's team and where they are now standing. Do the same for Lucic. Brown is currently a more complete player, but Lucic will ending up being unstoppable soon enough.[/QUOTE]

Lucic for the little I've seen him reminds me of Bertuzzi before the Moore debacle.

bread's done
Back