2009-2010 NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='jlarlee']Sorry Claw Bulls couldn't beat the Celts without KG and you guys having Gordan who was on fire last year. We would have smoked you this year[/QUOTE]

first of all, Gordon has nothing to do with anything. and i think the Bulls would actually have a better chance this year BECAUSE the all-mighty KG was there. also because Rasheed would have missed many threes.

lol, all joking aside, I think they would have had a good shot at beating Boston simply because they are in no way intimidated by them like they were the Cavs

[quote name='wildcpac']Hawks are in a free fall they just blew a 2-0 series lead and the Bucks went on something like a 13 point run in the 4th quarter to take the lead and go up 3-2 heading back home for game 6.[/QUOTE]

The Bucks have a great bench. They just plain wear out the Hawks by the fourth quarter. The Hawks miss alot of easy shots because the bucks play great D and the Hawks stop passing the ball and driving and getting to the line late.

Josh Smith - the only thing to do in Milwaukee friday night is LOSE.

FEAR THE DEAR.

OUR SUPERBOWL FRIDAY BABY AFTER 9 Years of mediocrity and suffering!

im close to adding Brandon Jennings to my "i hate this nba player because he's cocky as shit" list

apparently earlier this year, when playing a game in Sacramento he hit a 3 and yelled "this is my city!". also earlier this year, when his team was getting beaten by the Bulls by 11 points in Chicago, he hit a 3 and yelled "this is my house!". so within the first 3 months of his rookie season, this little Ben Gordon who entered the league with a fresh prince haircut claimed ownership to the United Center and the city of Sacramento. real nice.

On a side note, I don't get a chance to watch the Bucks all that often, so this is a question for Buck fans: does Scott Skiles hate Brandon Jennings because he is good at offense and can hit momentum 3s? When Skiles coached the Bulls, he had this hard-on where he would rather play a guy who sucked at both offense AND defense than play a guy who was good at offense but not defense. It took him a year and a half to finally let Ben Gordon start over Chris Duhon, and he did everything in his epic power to play Andres Nocioni just as much (if not more) than Luol Deng.

[quote name='Drclaw411']first of all, Gordon has nothing to do with anything. and i think the Bulls would actually have a better chance this year BECAUSE the all-mighty KG was there. also because Rasheed would have missed many threes.

lol, all joking aside, I think they would have had a good shot at beating Boston simply because they are in no way intimidated by them like they were the Cavs[/QUOTE]

Gordon can't be dismissed he hit a ton of big shots in that series. It looked odd when he would actually miss a shot.

Also while KG is not what he was him and big baby is much more effective than the duo of big baby and Leon Powe. it makes both our first and second teams stronger. we would have run you in five games as well

[quote name='jlarlee']Gordon can't be dismissed he hit a ton of big shots in that series. It looked odd when he would actually miss a shot.

Also while KG is not what he was him and big baby is much more effective than the duo of big baby and Leon Powe. it makes both our first and second teams stronger. we would have run you in five games as well[/QUOTE]

I'm a Bulls fan and I have to agree, our team was pretty bad this year. It was basically the Rose and Noah show guest starring Hinrich every once in a while. We really need to get a decent free agent this summer.

[quote name='jlarlee']Gordon can't be dismissed he hit a ton of big shots in that series. It looked odd when he would actually miss a shot.

Also while KG is not what he was him and big baby is much more effective than the duo of big baby and Leon Powe. it makes both our first and second teams stronger. we would have run you in five games as well[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but the Bulls believe they can beat the Celtics. It'd be a 7 game series, and I think the Bulls would have won. And anyway, not to be a prick, but any points you make will be clouded to me by my hatred of Kevin Garnett, Rajon Rondo, Brian Scalabrine, and Doc Rivers.

[quote name='Drclaw411']Sorry, but the Bulls believe they can beat the Celtics. It'd be a 7 game series, and I think the Bulls would have won. And anyway, not to be a prick, but any points you make will be clouded to me by my hatred of Kevin Garnett, Rajon Rondo, Brian Scalabrine, and Doc Rivers.[/QUOTE]

I have to admit, I do hate Scalabrine. Non-talent having bastard.

[quote name='jlarlee']Wait how do you hate a scrub who doesn't get in unless like 5 people are injured or the Celtics are up by 50?[/QUOTE]

Because he's the real human victory cigar.:) His red hair annoys me.

KG is the man, and Rondo is the up and coming man. That being said the Celtics are washed up and Lebron is going to shizz on their faces and it kills me to watch it, but as long as LBJ destroy kobe in the finals im good with it.

[quote name='jlarlee']Wait how do you hate a scrub who doesn't get in unless like 5 people are injured or the Celtics are up by 50?[/QUOTE]

He's even worse than a cocky-bitch star. He's a cocky-bitch scrub.

[quote name='Drclaw411']Sorry, but the Bulls believe they can beat the Celtics. It'd be a 7 game series, and I think the Bulls would have won. And anyway, not to be a prick, but any points you make will be clouded to me by my hatred of Kevin Garnett, Rajon Rondo, Brian Scalabrine, and Doc Rivers.[/QUOTE]

Seven game series? Bulls would've won? I get that you're a Bulls fan, but

2uj5wqx.jpg

Mavericks are the biggest first round choke artists ever. Lost in the first round as a #1 and a #2 seed in the last 4 years. 3 out of the last 4 years have been first round exits. Team is still paying for bowing the Finals against the Heat.

Suns with a 12 point lead at the half.

[quote name='jlarlee']Again I have to ask why Dirk gets ranked ahead of Paul Pierce[/QUOTE]

Dirk doesn't have KG, Rondo and Allen? Plus everybody outside of Boston hates Boston.

[quote name='wildcpac']Dirk doesn't have KG, Rondo and Allen? Plus everybody outside of Boston hates Boston.[/QUOTE]

Dirk has had some decent supporting casts around him in the past. Heck this year they made the second biggest trade deadline pickup. Plus even with that supporting cast he is still the guy that takes the big shots and he has delivered

[quote name='Drclaw411']
apparently earlier this year, when playing a game in Sacramento he hit a 3 and yelled "this is my city!". also earlier this year, when his team was getting beaten by the Bulls by 11 points in Chicago, he hit a 3 and yelled "this is my house!" so within the first 3 months of his rookie season, this little Ben Gordon who entered the league with a fresh prince haircut claimed ownership to the United Center and the city of Sacramento. real nice.
[/QUOTE]

Jennings was probably upset about this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ms-Lb0SR6U0

In the next game he played versus the Kings, Evans left with a chipped tooth and concussion half way through the game and with Beno guarding him Jennings proceeded to get cocky.

For those of us who so far have had their favorite team's Playoffs end in unhappy fashion (Bulls, Heat, Bobcats, Mavericks, and Trail Blazers), or maybe your team fell short of the Playoffs all together, I figure we may as well look ahead. Next year, our teams that fell short of the ultimate goal this year have another chance. So there is free agency, the draft, and offseason trades for the this year's Playoff exits to become next year's Champions, and this year's lottery to find away into the 2011 post season bracket.

As we all know, this year the free agency class could be used to put together a very stron All Star team. So I wanted to take a look at the teams with cap-space, and see what they've got going for them. All of these teams can offer a maximum contract to an All-Star free agent, these are the PROS and CONS for each team.

Bulls: PROS: 3rd biggest market in the league, Derrick Rose, Joakim Noah, 5 trips to Playoffs in last 6 years, historic franchise, 25 year sell-out streak. CONS: New coach most likely coming in, front office sucks, swapping 1st round picks this year with Milwaukee, Chicago is cold during basketball season, MJ's shadow
Nets: PROS: Jay-Z, New York, (most likely) John Wall or Evan Turner, Devin Harris, Brook Lopez, new rich owner CONS: Absolutley no fan base to speak of, moving cities/stadiums twice over next 5 years, one of the worst teams in NBA history last season, no coach.
Heat: PROS: Miami, pop-culture bandwagon fans (people who still like the Heat because Shaq played there), South Beach, Warm, Girls in Bikinis and extrodinairily small shorts, no tax on player salaries, usually in the Playoffs. CONS: Bad in-stadium fan base (stadium isn't filled until midway through the 2nd quarter and the fans start leaving midway through 3rd), even if Wade returns absolutley horrible supporting cast, Michael Beasley
Clippers: PROS: LA, Baron Davis, Blake Griffin, lottery pick, weather. CONS: The fact that they are the Clippers, worst front office in sports, terrible fanbase that struggles to fill the stadium, the fact that Kobe is also in LA
Knicks: PROS: New York, major market, terrific (albiet unforgiving) fanbase, they sell out the season virtually every year. CONS: Questionable management, their own All-Star (David Lee) wants out, havn't been to the Playoffs (or even close) since who knows when.

Taking all of that into account, here are my predictions and reasonings as to where the big name stars will land this offseason.

LeBron James: He's staying in Cleveland. Even if Stern wasn't sucking his dick, the Cavaliers would contend for the title this season. I think they have a very good shot to beat whoever comes out of the west should they get to the finals (which they should, especially with the NBA do everything it can to keep Orlando from getting back). If they don't win this year, Cleveland is still LeBron's best chance to win multiple titles.

Dirk Nowitzki: He's staying in Dalls. No way in hell Cuban let's him go for anything short of some remarkable 4 way trade that nets the Mavericks Durant, Bryant, and Howard. I'd be absoltuley shocked if he doesn't retire a Maverick.

Kobe Bryant: He's already re-upped with the Lakers, he's not going anywhere.

Chris Bosh: Chris Bosh, I predict will be signing with the Chicago Bulls. They've made it no secret that he's their number one target, and of all the cap space teams, the Bulls are where he fits best. With Bosh along side Noah, Deng, and Rose, the Bulls will battle Cleveland and Orlando for the East's final spot next year. He has mentioned wanting a sign and trade, in order to get that extra year on his contract, and because of the Bulls' capspace, they could give the Raptors virtually nothing (James Johnson and a draft pick?) for Bosh, and it would actually lessen the blow of signing him outright.

Ray Allen: I see only two possibilities here: he either joins Bosh in Chicago or re-ups with Boston (which is by far the most likely situation). Allen wants to retire a Celtic, and the Celtics know he'll come at a discount. The price tag will make or break him signing with Chicago, as they wont go into a bidding war with Boston. The Celtics already have a good team, and losing Allen would leave a glaring hole at SG. He's more than likely returning to Boston.

Amare Stoudemire: I really see him going to Miami. Look at him...he's got Soth Beach written all over him. And Miami is going to go full-on to bring in a star big man, in order to get Wade to re-sign. Stoudemire will go to the Heat, and...

Dwayne Wade: ...Wade will stay there. Wade (along with Carlos Boozer) is one of the toughest to predict. He's likely to be one of the last free agents to make his decision. He'll wait most of the offseason to see what other moves the Heat make, and if he approves, he'll be back. I really think Stoudemire will go to Miami, and that will keep Wade there as well.

David Lee: Cleveland. They can't offer an absolute maximum contract, but Shaq is coming off the books so they'll be able to offer close to it, or try a sign-and-trade. Lee has no intention of going back to the Knicks (he publicly mentioned the possibility of playing for Chicago over the All-Star break), and the Cavaliers will likely not be bringing O'Neal back. Look for them to add Lee, as well as bringing back Illgauskas.

Shaquille O'Neal: Nets. Ok, hold on, let me explain. The Ego will not be brought back to the Cavaliers, but he is by no means ready to admit he isn't the star he once was. The Nets could potentinally be a 4,5, or 6 seed next year. They'll in all likelyhood be adding John Wall. A starting lineup featuring Wall, Harris, Jianlian, Lopez, and O'Neal isn't half bad. I predict Shaq will be a Net next season.

Carlos Boozer: Knicks. The New York Knicks spent the past three seasons getting ready for this offseason, with the intent of bringing in at least one big name star to lead them, finally, back to the Playoffs and beyond. But I can't see any of the rumors (LeBron, Bosh, Wade) coming true, as these guys don't want to be fighting for an 8th seed over the next decade. New York has the money for a max contract and maybe a sign and trade, but after they sign it they'll have to fill out virtually the entire roster with low-cost players, rookies, and a d-leaguer or two. They will absolutley not allow themselves to come away empty handed, and I see them thowing a max offer at Boozer, who won't be getting it from the Jazz.

Manu Ginobli: He's going to be staying in San Antonio. I can't see him going anywhere else, and the Spurs will give him more than anybody else would.

Joe Johnson: Clippers. The Clippers didn't do more work than the front office wanted to just to come up empty handed, and Johnson fits with them. Johnson want's to win, and with Blake Griffin, Baron Davis, and Eric Gordon, the Clippers are a star away from getting back to the playoffs. Johnson will likely sign a max deal and be the leader for 2 seasons. After those 2 years, Johnson will turn into the #2 behind Griffin. I predict Joe Johnson to the Clippers.

Brad Miller: The former All-Star re-ups with the Bulls to back up Joakim Noah. He'll likely sign a 2-year deal at close to the veteran minimum. The Bulls want him back, and Miller wan't to be back. If my other prediction is correct, Chicago would have one of the best (if not the best) frontcourts in the league with Noah and Bosh starting and Gibson and Miller coming off the bench.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pitfallharry219']This picture kills me:

1272612671.jpg
[/QUOTE]

if everyone on my team ( aside from caron in three games) played like shit I would look dumbfounded as well. jet and kidd were absolute ass this series and dirk can't be the only offensive presence. also the rotations and subs were horrible.

Roddy B showed he should have been on the floor more as he was the only one quick enough to slice through the defense and attack the middle.

As much as I wanted the Bucks to end it tonight, it'd be even better if they put the Hawks down in Atlanta.

[quote name='SEH']As much as I wanted the Bucks to end it tonight, it'd be even better if they put the Hawks down in Atlanta.[/QUOTE]

Right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You do not let dead teams back into a series and pray for a win in game 7. That is beyond playing with fire.

Nuggets failed to show in the first quarter and are down 10 plus so far to start the game.

[quote name='wildcpac']Right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You do not let dead teams back into a series and pray for a win in game 7. That is beyond playing with fire.

Nuggets failed to show in the first quarter and are down 10 plus so far to start the game.[/QUOTE]

Oh, don't get me wrong, it sucks they lost tonight in a game they definitely should've won. I just think it'll be even better if they win in Atlanta.

[quote name='jlarlee']Dirk has had some decent supporting casts around him in the past. Heck this year they made the second biggest trade deadline pickup. Plus even with that supporting cast he is still the guy that takes the big shots and he has delivered[/QUOTE]

Go look at what he averages in the playoffs and it becomes painfully obvious that he brings it hard, especially in elimination games. He averages 25+ in the playoffs and hardly ever comes up small. People who pin it on Dirk usually don't watch the games. Terry, Kidd, and Marion all played like shit for six games and Caron and Haywood played like shit for half the games.

The one time Dirk had a Robin he went to the finals and should have won the title if it wasn't for the zebras. If anyone else played with half the has beens he has played with they wouldn't have been nearly as successful as they were.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Go look at what he averages in the playoffs and it becomes painfully obvious that he brings it hard, especially in elimination games. He averages 25+ in the playoffs and hardly ever comes up small. People who pin it on Dirk usually don't watch the games. Terry, Kidd, and Marion all played like shit for six games and Caron and Haywood played like shit for half the games.

The one time Dirk had a Robin he went to the finals and should have won the title if it wasn't for the zebras. If anyone else played with half the has beens he has played with they wouldn't have been nearly as successful as they were.[/QUOTE]

Can't look only at numbers this is too many first round exits. Plus what he has now looks like an all star team compared to what Pierce had before the big three. Antoine Walker as a second banana? Heck that was the good years after that Ricky Davis was his number two and that guy shouldn't be in your starting lineup much less your second best player

[quote name='wildcpac']Celtics with a 13 point halftime lead. James has one of the worst supporting cast for any start in the league.[/QUOTE]

Bull. That's no longer a valid argument, so stop tossing it out there. That team without Lebron would still be in the playoffs in the East. Take the best player off every team in the east, and the Cavs win most matchups. Hell, even with their best players, the Cavs would still win quite often without Lebron now. Get over it.

Also, stupid Celtics throwing it away.

Damn the Celtics had that game. Stupid missed shots and foul trouble on key players. I'm sorry Claw but I think you're overestimating the Bulls too. Now you're saying the Celtics are a good team when before you said they were average. If it ends up Cavs vs Lakers I hope Lakers get swept.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']Bull. That's no longer a valid argument, so stop tossing it out there. That team without Lebron would still be in the playoffs in the East.[/QUOTE]

A 38 year old Shaq and Anthony Parker average 25 minutes per game as starters and combine for 19 points per game. Jamison is as old as Garnett and Mo Williams is a barely a 2nd tier All Star. Are we looking at the same Cavs?

Your comment would only make sense for taking out one of the big 4 on the Celtics (Rondo, Garnett, Pierce, Allen).

[quote name='Kendro']A 38 year old Shaq and Anthony Parker average 25 minutes per game as starters and combine for 19 points per game. Jamison is as old as Garnett and Mo Williams is a barely a 2nd tier All Star. Are we looking at the same Cavs?[/QUOTE]

You wanna match that up against the Heat starters?

It is easy to discredit LeBron by saying he has a great supporting cast and that is the reason why the Cavs are good. But his supporting cast is only as good as he makes them. Don't you think you'd see comparable results for the Cavs if Mo Williams and Antawn Jamison were replaced by Quentin Richardson and Jermaine O'Neal? In other words, replace those 2 starters with the 2 on the Heat, and I think the Cavs would still win 60 plus while the Heat would remain a 40 win team.

[quote name='Kendro']It is easy to discredit LeBron by saying he has a great supporting cast and that is the reason why the Cavs are good. But his supporting cast is only as good as he makes them. Don't you think you'd see comparable results for the Cavs if Mo Williams and Antawn Jamison were replaced by Quentin Richardson and Jermaine O'Neal? In other words, replace those 2 starters with the 2 on the Heat, and I think the Cavs would still win 60 plus while the Heat would remain a 40 win team.[/QUOTE]

I don't think he meant to discredit LBJ. He is definitely the catalyst for good play on that team but I do think that you are underestimating the support. I have no doubt that any team in the league would have Shaquille O'Neal (even at 38) than Jermaine O'Neal; thats no contest and not because he is a waste of $22 million either its because he is trash a la Simmons article above. And for your other comparison Quentin Richardson as opposed to Antawn Jamison, I'll take the 2 time All-Star veteran player not the guy who dated Brandy. It isn't just the starters that make the Cavs a good team either they are deep, Delonte can score, Andy comes off the bench and plays good defense, JJ Hickson and Jamario Moon have both played well this season. Don't get me wrong I am firm believer that LBJ is the MVP (by a large margin) but if you flip flop superstars with other rosters I do think that the Cavs would be a better team than you are inferring.

No way would David Stern and the Referee Mafia allow the bucks to stand a chance at Atlanta today. Bucks fan for 10 years but even I can guess which Buck will get two quick fouls for the fix. Kurt Thomas maybe?

[quote name='bigtymer']And for your other comparison Quentin Richardson as opposed to Antawn Jamison, I'll take the 2 time All-Star veteran player not the guy who dated Brandy.[/QUOTE]

I meant Richardson for Mo Williams, not Richardson for Jamison. Who in there right mind would take Richardson over Jamison? :D

It is easy to forget about Jermaine O'Neal now that he's averaging less than 15 ppg but he is only 32, in fact 2 years younger than Jamison. I think if Jermaine was on the Cavs instead of Jamison, he'd be back to his old self averaging 23 ppg with LeBron feeding him easy buckets. And if that happened, then there would be talk about how the Cavs are winning because "LeBron has Jermaine O'Neal" when as you said, he's the catalyst for making others play better.

[quote name='Kendro']I meant Richardson for Mo Williams, not Richardson for Jamison. Who in there right mind would take Richardson over Jamison? :D

It is easy to forget about Jermaine O'Neal now that he's averaging less than 15 ppg but he is only 32, in fact 2 years younger than Jamison. I think if Jermaine was on the Cavs instead of Jamison, he'd be back to his old self averaging 23 ppg with LeBron feeding him easy buckets. And if that happened, then there would be talk about how the Cavs are winning because "LeBron has Jermaine O'Neal" when as you said, he's the catalyst for making others play better.[/QUOTE]

Jermaine's been clearly washed up for a couple years. He's had several opportunities to revive his career. Every year people wait for him to show even half of his old self, and it doesn't happen. He's an adequate role player now, nothing more.

Big game today for Bucks fans. I cant wait to see ATL get laid out and their team of choke artists get laid out.

[quote name='Kendro']I meant Richardson for Mo Williams, not Richardson for Jamison. Who in there right mind would take Richardson over Jamison? :D

It is easy to forget about Jermaine O'Neal now that he's averaging less than 15 ppg but he is only 32, in fact 2 years younger than Jamison. I think if Jermaine was on the Cavs instead of Jamison, he'd be back to his old self averaging 23 ppg with LeBron feeding him easy buckets. And if that happened, then there would be talk about how the Cavs are winning because "LeBron has Jermaine O'Neal" when as you said, he's the catalyst for making others play better.[/QUOTE]

dwayne wade draws as much attention from the other team as lebron. jermaine would suck on the cavs as well

basketball isn't like football or baseball once players start losing it they usually don't regain their mojo because they switched systems.

[quote name='bigtymer']I don't think he meant to discredit LBJ. He is definitely the catalyst for good play on that team but I do think that you are underestimating the support. I have no doubt that any team in the league would have Shaquille O'Neal (even at 38) than Jermaine O'Neal; thats no contest and not because he is a waste of $22 million either its because he is trash a la Simmons article above. And for your other comparison Quentin Richardson as opposed to Antawn Jamison, I'll take the 2 time All-Star veteran player not the guy who dated Brandy. It isn't just the starters that make the Cavs a good team either they are deep, Delonte can score, Andy comes off the bench and plays good defense, JJ Hickson and Jamario Moon have both played well this season. Don't get me wrong I am firm believer that LBJ is the MVP (by a large margin) but if you flip flop superstars with other rosters I do think that the Cavs would be a better team than you are inferring.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget Mo Williams the reason the Cavs won last night. If he didn't go on that offensive explosion the Celtics would have won by 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back