2009/2010 NFL Thread - Combine Time - Draft 4/22 -

[quote name='GuilewasNK']At least you didn't lose to a team that had 18 straight losses.[/QUOTE]

Difference is the Redskins are expected to be a horrible team.

I'm down by 5 points and I still have Reggie Wayne, Jason Witten and Tim Hightower going tonight and the guy I'm playing is done so I think I'm going to win...

[quote name='ph33r m3']49ers season, is over.[/QUOTE]

Are you serious? They lose a tight game against a very good team on a last second miracle play and they go 2-1. Over? I hardly think so. Don't forget that the 49ers play in the WORST division in the entire league. They've definitely been a surprise but their season is far from over.

[quote name='Lobsterjohnson']Are you serious? They lose a tight game against a very good team on a last second miracle play and they go 2-1. Over? I hardly think so. Don't forget that the 49ers play in the WORST division in the entire league. They've definitely been a surprise but their season is far from over.[/QUOTE]

Their playcalling is horrendous.

They revert back to Nolan-esque vanilla prevent defense in the 2 minute drill.

The Vikings AREN'T a good team. Mediocre at best.

Playoff teams don't lose games like that, period.

NFC North BEASTING today going 4-0. I am just glad my Bears were able to contribute to that stat, thought they were going to lose for the majority of the game.

[quote name='DT778']Favre didn't beat the 49ers, shitty play calling did. Jimmy Raye did this bullshit, not going for the win and instead just making the other team spend their timeouts, against the Cardinals. But this time it fucked the 49ers over.[/QUOTE]

I would also add in that at some point this season Singletary needs to put a little faith in Shaun Hill. He's no Peyton Manning but I think he can make some throws and add to our offense. In fact, I think we're under utilizing him. Like the coaches know he isn't an elite QB so they just shorten this playbook instead of tailoring it to his talent level. We can't be a pass happy offense with Hill but he definitely can do more than just hand-offs.

The Browns are just, just awesome to watch...

When DA went down the field for what looked like it would be an offensive touchdown on his second drive I thought Quinn had just lost his starting drive. But then the Browns settled for a fieldgoal and Anderson threw two more interceptions later on.

Well it appears TO has had his first no catch game since his rookie season. Just as bad was the fan reaction in Buffalo after the game, quote Owens' day got even worse after the game. On his way up the tunnel, T.O. was struck in the face and chest by a large bucket of popcorn thrown from the stands.

"I'm good. Just got to get ready for next week," Owens said.

[quote name='ph33r m3']

[/QUOTE]

jcag.jpg

[quote name='fullmetalfan720']Um, no.[/QUOTE]

They are decent but if they lost that game yesterday (like they should have) they would be 2-1 with wins over the Browns and Lions. Not exactly setting the world on fire. The SF win is a good one for them but we will find out more in the next few weeks when they play GB and the Ravens.

Let's see. Best running back in the game. Future hall of fame quarterback. Future rookie of the year award winner. One of the top rush defenses in the league. Numerous pro bowlers. Yeah, everything about the Vikings screams mediocre.

[quote name='ph33r m3']Their playcalling is horrendous.

They revert back to Nolan-esque vanilla prevent defense in the 2 minute drill.

Playoff teams don't lose games like that, period.[/QUOTE]

I would agree that their playcalling has been awful but to say their season is over is a bit much. Also I think the Vikings are way better than a mediocre team. I wish the Niners would have won the game but there were a few positives to take away from it. Hill lead the team down the field to take the lead in the 4th quarter again, Vernon Davis finally played like the first round pick he was supposed to be, they are still getting pressure on the QB, and they played from behind and if it wasn't for the play at the end they would have came back and won. I am very impressed at how they have been playing.

the vikes game was heartbreaking for me. its a game we should have one. gore was out, but you cant blame that when you go 0-10 on 3rd downs (especially that last one in the 4th) and cant stop the last drive. they should bounce back from it, i still think they are the best team in the division. hopefully gore isnt hurt for too long.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']the vikes game was heartbreaking for me. its a game we should have one. gore was out, but you cant blame that when you go 0-10 on 3rd downs (especially that last one in the 4th) and cant stop the last drive. they should bounce back from it, i still think they are the best team in the division. hopefully gore isnt hurt for too long.[/QUOTE]

Gore is likely out 2 weeks maybe a couple more with a high ankle sprain.

[quote name='DomLando']Gore is likely out 2 weeks maybe a couple more with a high ankle sprain.[/QUOTE]

yeah ive heard. probably wont be back until after the bye. luckily they play st louis and atlanta (good O not great D). if they can get thsoe 2 wins and gore comes back in week 7 then we still will look great for the division.

It sucks that Gore is probably going to be out. Going to the game on Sunday and I was really looking forward to watching Gore tear it up.

you can see coffee tear it up. if you think the 49ers injuries are bad, the rams might lose bulger for the year and their 2 "best" WR both got hurt this week.

OMGZ TEH VIKINGS ARE MEDIOCRE?

Yeah mothafuckas they are.

At this point, watching the Vikings play yesterday, I saw no reason to think that if they actually had a schedule (and not the 2008 Dolphins-esque one) they'd struggle to make 7-9.

AP's the best back in the league, it's not even close, but he got shut down and the offense sputtered.

Favre has 0 connection with his WR's right now.

The Vikings LB-ing core is horrible, it made VD look like a pro-bowler.

Don't get me wrong, Favre's final throw wasn't luck, it was a precise throw to Lewis, but to think that a team beating an overachieving mediocre 49ers team without Gore barely by a last second TD doesn't scream mediocre?

[quote name='ph33r m3'] Don't get me wrong, Favre's final throw wasn't luck, it was a precise throw to Lewis, but to think that a team beating an overachieving mediocre 49ers team without Gore barely by a last second TD doesn't scream mediocre?[/QUOTE]

AKSHULLY Favre said he blindly threw the ball, so it was luck.

Oh and yeah, good teams never struggle. Especially the undefeated (in the regular season lulz) 2007 Patriots who nearly lost two games against teams that didn't even make the playoffs that year. If you need to be reminded those were the Ravens (5-11) and the Eagles (8-8).

If Choice doesn't score 50 more yards (or a TD) I will be pissed. Damn myself for not knowing Bowe was inactive and not starting Mason.

Carolina really needs to get that second WR. It absolutely kills them that they don't have a complement for Steve Smith. Their defense being banged up and struggling is understandable, but not getting someone to help out Smith is just ridiculous.

That said, Dallas looked really really good in the second half. If they play like this and don't throw shitty pass plays on the goal line they should be great this season.

I won my big Fantasy League game by .55 points.
Life is good :)

Also, the Vikings are a lot better than mediocre. Then again, it'll hopefully be proved against GB, Baltimore and Pittsburgh (like we need to prove it against the Rams!).

The Vikings have great talent but haven't played near expectations. I think people have been expecting them to blow teams out, especially considering their competition, fair or not. But it's week 3, teams can change(looking at you, Patriots..).

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Carolina really needs to get that second WR. It absolutely kills them that they don't have a complement for Steve Smith. Their defense being banged up and struggling is understandable, but not getting someone to help out Smith is just ridiculous. [/QUOTE]
Yeah, if Carolina is forced to be primarily a passing team they're going to struggle counting on Delhomme with Smith being doubled. I don't understand how they stick with Jake for so long.

Also, Eagles fans, where are you on this meter? :cool:
wrxv1z.jpg

That meter is funny.

I dont agree with blaming the Panthers woes on not having a 2nd WR. Thats kind of a cop out. Mush is a solid number two and Dante Rasario is developing very well into a good receiving TE along 1 superstar back and 1 solid back. They have enough offensive talent.

Its hard to win when your QB throws at least 2 INT a game, Jake leads the league in INT right now hell, Jamarcus Russell only has 4 INT and he is the worst starting QB in league.

Also, the Panthers defense is fucking terrible, injuries are forgiven but not being able to tackle is not. Letting the opposing team gain an extra 4-10 yards on almost every play because you cant wrap them up is the reason why teams are sustaining long drives on them.

[quote name='TruthinessFC'] But it's week 3, teams can change(looking at you, Patriots..).
[/QUOTE]

I'll second that. Although you have to be encouraged by the Atlanta game, which they won pretty handily even though Brady is still clearly not back in sync. I think given the way they've played so far, 2-1 should be seen as a blessing, since they probably should have lost that Bills game as well. Once Welker is back and Brady gets in sync, I still think they're the favorite for the division - though I'm now ready to acknowledge (painfully) that the Jets are legit.

Man, Jeff Garcia should just fucking retire, he has been hired and fired by most of the league. Although I give him props because he still is pretty good but something has to be wrong if you cant win a starting spot over JaMarcus Russell and Kevin Kolb in the same year.

Although Chad Pennington is done for the year I am sure he can win a spot over Chad Hene.

He couldn't win over Russell because he wasn't given the chance. There is no doubt that he would have beat him if there was a competition for the starting spot and would have had the Raiders at least at 2-1 right now. At his age he is just a temporary solution to the quarterback position or a quality backup and since he doesn't want to be a backup, or maybe just not a backup to someone like Russell who hella sucks, there aren't many opportunities for him.

Watching the demise of Alex Smith.....I can easily say Russell is worse.

Cable from reports wanted to start Garcia.....but Al Davis wanted Russell.

[quote name='ph33r m3']
Cable from reports wanted to start Garcia.....but Al Davis wanted Russell.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've heard that as well. Just like all the tension with Kiffin started when Davis wouldn't give him control over his staff and wouldn't let him fire Ryan who's defense was one of the worst in the league. Before that it was running off Gruden by similarly interfering too much.:bomb:

The Raider's won't be good again until Davis keels over.

Shit, I would have started Garcia over Russell also. But the money they paid Russell and being the top pick has forced him to be thrown into the starting role. Plus Al Davis is out of touch with reality. But I must admit is that the Raiders seem to be using Russell wrong anyway. They are trying to turn him into a pocket passer when he needs to be scrambling(rollouts) and throwing the long ball, the raiders have some speedy wide outs a good running tandem. Deep play action passing.

[quote name='DT778']No doubt they are using him wrong, they got him playing quarterback.[/QUOTE]

Dude has an arm just has 0 accuracy. Overthrows receivers, has no work ethic.....just overall lazy.

[quote name='js1']But I must admit is that the Raiders seem to be using Russell wrong anyway. They are trying to turn him into a pocket passer when he needs to be scrambling(rollouts) and throwing the long ball, the raiders have some speedy wide outs a good running tandem. Deep play action passing.[/QUOTE]
I don't follow the Raiders but isn't that their strategy all along? I think I read a piece on ESPN that stated the Raiders's strategy was to either run through the defense or throw it over them. That's why they took Heyward-Bey over Crabtree.

But they haven't been doing it. More screen passes and short passes, less throwing deep.

Of course, when they do go deep Russell overthrows open receivers by 10 or 15 yards, throws the ball right the the safety etc.... :bomb:

Damn I have a major issue at QB for my FF team this week. My starter Matt Ryan is on BYE. My backup Matt Hasselbeck is injured. The free agent wire has been picked clean. My options are Matt Cassell, Kyle Orton, or Seneca Wallace.

[quote name='Soodmeg']That meter is funny.

I dont agree with blaming the Panthers woes on not having a 2nd WR. Thats kind of a cop out. Mush is a solid number two and Dante Rasario is developing very well into a good receiving TE along 1 superstar back and 1 solid back. They have enough offensive talent.

Its hard to win when your QB throws at least 2 INT a game, Jake leads the league in INT right now hell, Jamarcus Russell only has 4 INT and he is the worst starting QB in league.

Also, the Panthers defense is fucking terrible, injuries are forgiven but not being able to tackle is not. Letting the opposing team gain an extra 4-10 yards on almost every play because you cant wrap them up is the reason why teams are sustaining long drives on them.[/QUOTE]

Muhammed is old, Jarrett is unreliable, and Rosario disappears for large stretches of time. None of those guys are the viable second option that this team needs. Delhomme basically has one reciever and a running game that has yet to do anything this season.

Also I will come out and say it: Steve Smith isn't the reciever that he once was. He has lost a step. I may be wrong and it might just be the offense, but doubles used to not cause him the problems that they currently are.

I dont know man, I just disagree.

The real problem is that one of my sunday games is the Buccs vs the Redskins. Who the fuck wants to watch that crap. Glad I have Pats vs Ravens though.

[quote name='Soodmeg']The real problem is that one of my sunday games is the Buccs vs the Redskins. Who the fuck wants to watch that crap. Glad I have Pats vs Ravens though.[/QUOTE]

I agree. If you live where I think you do (which there is a chance of as those were 2 of the 3 games on in my area, other being Giants / Chiefs), we get stuck with some of the really shitty games. Ravens are good at least (and the Eagles less so), but getting stuck with a Redskins game every week is just painful.

Also, WTF browns? Could they manage the upset in OT?

Well my Patriots certainly seem to have bounced back pretty well after the loss to the Jets. Fantastic game today, though they definitely got a break when Clayton dropped the last pass from Flacco.

Brady looks comfortable again, which has to be scary for the rest of the AFC.

[quote name='javeryh']The Giants are playing like shit and still laying the hammer. The Chiefs are terrible and Cassel looks BAD.[/QUOTE]

Yes, the Chiefs are truly pathetic. Living in KC that's usually the only early game we get :cry:

WTF, are the Bungels and Browns really going to end in a tie?

bread's done
Back