2009/2010 NFL Thread - Combine Time - Draft 4/22 -

[quote name='DT778']Crabtree finally signs with the Niners. No details yet on what the contract but I hope the Niners didn't go above 10th pick money. I'm glad it's finally done. Time to get to work Crabs.[/QUOTE]

I'm so happy they worked things out. Hopefully he turns into that #1 option the Niners have been missing for years. I cannot wait to see what this kids got.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA'] man, id love to find a way to make it to the 49ers game next week. cml![/QUOTE]

proof god exists?

got an email from my mom this morning. cousins cant make it to the game this week. boom! see you guys in section 6! so excited!

Nice. Should be a great game plus you get to see the 49ers hall of fame introduction. Take some pictures if you can of the ceremony.

[quote name='jlarlee']I may be biased but Pats-Broncos is the game of the week for week 5 right?[/QUOTE]

Yes, somewhat obviously. There really is an almost historically crappy set of games this weekend, the only other one which springs to mind which is somewhat compelling is Bengals-Ravens. Colts-Titans would have looked like the marquee matchup before the season, but it hasn't panned out that way.

That's cool if it ends up being for real. 17 mil guaranteed.

An interesting tidbit for those of you not following so closely. MC Hammer was somehow involved in the meetings these last couple of days.

glad to see they didnt pay him (much) more than they originally offered. i believe early reports were 4 years 20 million, so 5 million a year, this is just a tad over 5 million a year, so that shows (at least a little) that he actually wants to play rather than the 49ers caving and making a bigger offer.

[quote name='DT778']That's cool if it ends up being for real. 17 mil guaranteed.

An interesting tidbit for those of you not following so closely. MC Hammer was somehow involved in the meetings these last couple of days.[/QUOTE]

Rome was killing it today with all the shitting he did on having Hammer involved. Seriously, who would have ever thought that Hammer would have played a critical role in getting Crabtree into the mix.

[quote name='jlarlee']I may be biased but Pats-Broncos is the game of the week for week 5 right?[/QUOTE]

this game and 49ers/Falcons are the only good games.

awful games this weekend.

If they wanna rush out Crabtree (who most likely will play vs the Texans).....just put him in Reggie Bush style. Punt returns....Misdirections....line him up in the slot.....shit you don't even have to throw to him....just havin' him there will give some space for Gore/Davis/Morgan.

[quote name='javeryh']David Carr v. The Raiders. I am seriously worried.[/QUOTE]

Russel v. Giants Defense. There, your worries have been calmed.

[quote name='javeryh']David Carr v. The Raiders. I am seriously worried.[/QUOTE]

Man Carr took such a beating early in his career. I feel he could be good in the right offense.

Crabtree probably signed with the 49ers because he realized they were a good team. If he had to get drafted again, he'd be looking at a worse team and far worse pay.

[quote name='KingBroly']Crabtree probably signed with the 49ers because he realized they were a good team. If he had to get drafted again, he'd be looking at a worse team and far worse pay.[/QUOTE]

I was hoping he'd hold out, re-enter the draft next year, and get drafted in an even lower slot so he'd lose even more money. What would he say then 'Yeah I was drafted #22 but I'm a top 5 pick so I still deserve top 5 money".

I'll be interested to see how gets along with Singletary. Mike is a team first guy and he's not going to put up with any of Crabtree's BS if he starts acting up.

Mangini needs to man up and put Brady Quinn back in after how poorly Anderson's performed this week, especially since he had no reason to take him out in the first place. That probably won't happen though. Letting Jamal Lewis get 100 yards on them should be more embarrassing for the Bills than losing that game.

Looking forward to watching the Broncos/Pats game, though I don't know what to say about the Broncos' uniforms.

Naw, the Seahawks jerseys were worse. There's something about those Bronco pants....
Vikes move to 5-0, and I can't wait for the Vikes/Ravens game. Should be a great one.

Also, I'm scared to pick against Cincinnati. I don't think I'll do it again.

The Bengals have concentrated all of their ineptitude in the snapper this year, so they're starting to see success in other areas.

I'm stunned that they continue to find ways to play the way they do and still win games in the last minute. And that the only loss on their record was on one total never-gonna-happen kind of fluke play.

They're a fucking enigma.

Brad St Louis needs to visit a shrink it's in his head now. He's been money for years and now it's every game bad snaps. I'm a lifelong Bungals (and Cowboys) fan and never expected 4-1 and shoulda been 5-0 if not for a freak play combined with shitty execution and playcalling. They have a ton of room to improve still but i'm happy with the start. My Cowboys on the other hand......

Oh yea and my REAL reason for coming to this thread...

Does anyone have NFL.com's game rewind? How is it? I ran across that today and was wondering how long after the game airs before you can watch the replay stream? Being in the Cincy market I miss alot of good games.

I'll probably buy a one week pass next weekend since I work that sunday and will miss all the live airings anyway.

LOL Sox got swept! Oh wait, wrong thread... anyway, does anyone know if the Raiders are an actual NFL team? They are awful. Anyone notice there are a lot of undefeated teams and a lot of teams who haven't won yet? Seems odd in the NFL these days where parity is what they are striving for.

I really like the idea of the worst two teams in the league getting sent down to the UFL or something like in European soccer, The Raiders and Rams are embarrassing.

[quote name='javeryh']
I really like the idea of the worst two teams in the league getting sent down to the UFL or something like in European soccer, The Raiders and Rams are embarrassing.[/QUOTE]

Haha I work with a guy from one of those lil eastern European countries and he always says the same thing. Worst teams get demoted for top teams to keep things interesting. Just please don't forget to trade in the Browns!

Miles Austin needs to stay in the starting lineup for the Cowboys. 250 yards on 10 catches is sick as fuck. He knows what it means to be clutch in this game and deserves to be the go to receiever the boys were looking for.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Miles Austin needs to stay in the starting lineup for the Cowboys. 250 yards on 10 catches is sick as fuck. He knows what it means to be clutch in this game and deserves to be the go to receiever the boys were looking for.[/QUOTE]

It's not like they were playing the Giants. It took OT to beat the Chiefs, the 5th worst defense in the league.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']It's not like they were playing the Giants. It took OT to beat the Chiefs, the 5th worst defense in the league.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, our best win of the season so far isn't looking too hot anymore. The Cowboys aren't really any good. It's either that or they are horribly horribly coached.

[quote name='dafoomie']Did they really just call a taunting penalty?[/QUOTE]

Yep.... stupid call. :cry:

I won't be watching ESPN, NFL Network, etc this week. I know all they will be saying is "Denver is great right now" and "McDaniels outdid his mentor." Reality is that they barely got the win. That taunting penalty certainly helped them a TONS in making that comeback. Enjoy your win Denver... but as the saying goes...... "payback's a bitch."

Pat's have never really been able to payback Denver, so I'm not too worried

It was a nice win and seeing all of Boston go down made a great weekend.

Great win for Denver. They minimized their mistakes (Knowshon's fumbles, tipped pass into a sea of white jerseys that Gaffney caught, and stopping New England's offense from scoring in the second half) to keep themselves in the game.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Yep.... stupid call. :cry:

I won't be watching ESPN, NFL Network, etc this week. I know all they will be saying is "Denver is great right now" and "McDaniels outdid his mentor." Reality is that they barely got the win. That taunting penalty certainly helped them a TONS in making that comeback. Enjoy your win Denver... but as the saying goes...... "payback's a bitch."[/QUOTE]

Yeah what the hell? I thought the guy in stripes was on the Patriots. They must've traded him after last week's game against Baltimore.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']It's not like they were playing the Giants. It took OT to beat the Chiefs, the 5th worst defense in the league.[/QUOTE]

They didn't have their top reciever and most explosive running back. If not for a couple of fumbles the Chiefs wouldn't have even been in the game. I would rather be winning ugly now in close games than winning big. Winning games like this is good for a team that doesn't know how to win games like this and chokes down the stretch.

Also I don't see how who they played should diminish the fact that a backup reciever stepped up big time and got 250 recieving yards. Playing like that shows heart and a grittiness that not many of the offensive players seem to have. He made sure that the Cowboys were in contention and won the game by breaking tackles and playing like a big reciever. All season long this team has been looking for someone who can stretch the field and make plays that lengthen the defense. By playing like this today it looks like the Cowboys found this person. Ending the dink and dunk offense that they have been running can only strengthen a team like this and it finally gives Romo a player who plays the way he likes to play. Witten may be the safety valve and the heavily relied upon target, but Romo loves to go deep and stretch the field.

[quote name='Lobsterjohnson']Yeah what the hell? I thought the guy in stripes was on the Patriots. They must've traded him after last week's game against Baltimore.[/QUOTE]
No, but I see that Baltimore is still blaming everyone else this week instead of looking in the mirror.

[quote name='dafoomie']No, but I see that Baltimore is still blaming everyone else this week instead of looking in the mirror.[/QUOTE]

Yes, because you never whine about any Boston team losing.

Disappointing to see Brady continue to miss big passes. Could've been a very different game. Good job by Denver though they earned it, I just wonder why McDaniels seemed to forget about handing it off to Moreno at times. Their run D was pretty good, except for a few plays where Sammy Morris broke free for decent gains. Also Bailey obviously was enough to discourage Brady from throwing to Moss often. This game should've been on SNF or MNF given this week's games, honestly.

The Bengals need to be sending thank-you checks to Chris Carr and Ray Lewis this week. That last drive of theirs never should've been close to scoring.

[quote name='Lobsterjohnson']Yeah what the hell? I thought the guy in stripes was on the Patriots. They must've traded him after last week's game against Baltimore.[/QUOTE]
Why would the Patriots need any individual referees on their team? The Patriots' success if just a leaguewide conspiracy, after all.

bread's done
Back