2011 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs - Boston Wins!

I was screaming for them to talk out Roloson after the second goal. After the third, I didn't think they had a chance. They need to start Smith next game but they won't and Boston will come out with something to prove. Monday night probably won't be close.

Well... at least it's only the 2nd period.

McGinn 5 min. for Boarding and ejected = Torres 2 min. for Charging

NHL Consistency...

If Atlanta moves back to Winnipeg, they'll most likely get a new name/mascot. That's what happened to Minnesota's team. Or was Minnesota an expansion team after the stars moved to Dallas?

One more win until we're back to the dance after 17 bloody years.

Five more wins and we wash away 40 years of futility..... I'm trying to stay as calm as possible here. :bouncy:

Go Canucks~

[quote name='shieryda']If Atlanta moves back to Winnipeg, they'll most likely get a new name/mascot. That's what happened to Minnesota's team. Or was Minnesota an expansion team after the stars moved to Dallas?[/QUOTE]
Minnesota needed a new name because all Dallas did was drop the "North". They kept the jerseys and colors. They could be the Winnipeg Jets if they want, the name and logos were turned over to the NHL when they went to Phoenix, but I'm hearing they might choose not to for whatever reason.

I don't see how they could possibly not go with Jets. You're banking on a city's passion for their hockey team. That didn't go away when they moved. So you have to go back to "tradition".

Sharks still can't put in a full 60 minutes. We are missing Demers big time. Oh well, until were out we got a chance, one game at a time.

[quote name='Dasflikko']One more win until we're back to the dance after 17 bloody years.

Five more wins and we wash away 40 years of futility..... I'm trying to stay as calm as possible here. :bouncy:

Go Canucks~[/QUOTE]

need to wrap it up tonight so the guys can get healthy...we have almost a full line of injuries that are severe. 4? 2 defensemen (Rome, Erhoff) plus malhotra, Samuelson.

It was absolutely going into the net if he doesn't stop it.

Missed the Vancouver goal with 14 seconds left, wow. 50 shots for San Jose vs about 26 for Vancouver so far.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Placeholder Preds sent the fucks to the golf course? fuckING BRILIANT![/QUOTE]

[quote name='VipFREAK']Pens gone? fuckING AWESOME.
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='VipFREAK']
lol @ Wizards.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='VipFREAK']So... Bob is not the man?

Edit: Almost forgot... GOOD fucking RIDDANCE![/QUOTE]

Hey VIP, Good fucking RIDDANCE.

(My condolences to real Sharks fans. I actually like them. Just ran out of gas.)

:shrug: oOohh... i'm so hurt. Sharks went farther than I thought. No regrets here.

No to hope the Tampons win it all...

btw, I'm flattered you took so much time to dig that up. lol

[quote name='VipFREAK']:shrug: oOohh... i'm so hurt. Sharks went farther than I thought. No regrets here.
[/QUOTE]

It figures a phony fan like you wouldn't be torn up after that loss.

Sigh, another heart breaking loss by the Sharks. Once Kesler scored that goal with under 20 seconds left in the 3rd, I knew it was over. GG Canucks.

[quote name='VipFREAK']LOL, sorry? can't help it if we went further than... the flyers.[/QUOTE]

lol. i guess you wouldn't understand about being angry after a loss. phony fans are funny that way.

WT are you talking about after a loss!?! Lol... o_O

DID YOU ACTUALLY WATCH ANY OF THE PLAYOFFS!?! DID U fuckING SEEEE THAT NHL CONSISTENCY!?!

Only problem I see is you butt hurt your team was out a long time ago. I could give a damn about you, I've made it clear I don't like the teams you nicely pointed out for me.

Horrible way to lose a series for the Sharks.

I can't help but feel bad for them. But we all know you need a certain amount of luck to win the cup and the Canucks are finally getting some of that.

Feels good man.

Good series Sharks. If anyone ever question's Thornton's fortitude again I'd be pretty pissed. The guy is a boss.

Man, I really thought this was finally going to be the year for the Sharks. It's hard to call them choke-artists this time around, but they just don't seem to have that one last piece of the puzzle to get them into the finals.

[quote name='nasum']Man, I really thought this was finally going to be the year for the Sharks. It's hard to call them choke-artists this time around, but they just don't seem to have that one last piece of the puzzle to get them into the finals.[/QUOTE]

We should have a very different blue line next year, and that was our biggest weakness this year. Wallin and Huskins both have expiring contracts, I can't think of any fan that wants them back. And everyone and their mom knows the Sharks will be targeting a Top 3 defenseman this offseason.

[quote name='Dasflikko']If anyone ever question's Thornton's fortitude again I'd be pretty pissed. The guy is a boss.[/QUOTE]
There's always next years first round failure that could bring out the peanut gallery :lol:

Anyway I wouldn't mind to have Boston win today so the finals could start this Saturday.

[quote name='Nifty_Shark']There's always next years first round failure that could bring out the peanut gallery :lol:

Anyway I wouldn't mind to have Boston win today so the finals could start this Saturday.[/QUOTE]

I think it has been confirmed by multiple media sources that the finals won't start until Sunday at the absolute earliest. But I could be wrong.

I'd like to get it going asap of course. :cool:

Also, fuck the haters. Thornton rocks.

[quote name='confoosious']I don't see how they could possibly not go with Jets.[/QUOTE]

because they will sell more jerseys and make more money if the name is brand new

[quote name='ElwoodCuse']because they will sell more jerseys and make more money if the name is brand new[/QUOTE]

it's not like they're not going to create new uniforms using Jets. The people who would wear a 15 year old Jets jersey weren't gonna buy a new one anyway.

Gonna stay awake in the early morning for this. I want Stevie Y's Lightning to win. Love me some game 7.
On the Jets issue... I don't care what the name or the jersey is. If it's the Jets then cool but I would be fine with something else.

Glad to see two cities that care about hockey in the finals. Good job Bruins!

Now, prepare to face a team that eclipses any other team you've faced thus far in the East.

It was nice to see the Prince of Wales trophy in person.

Felt like the Bruins were outplaying them all night but that one mistake could cost them, but they finally turned in that complete 60 minute effort. They really are better up one goal than three.

bread's done
Back