2012 Fantasy Football "Who should I start?" Thread

So I have to start 2 of these 3 (bye week madness) Stevie Johnson, Heath Miller and Scott Chandler. Johnson has been cold while the 2 TE have been TD machines.

Also would spend $2 to pick up Alex Smith for Josh Freeman on a one week bye replacement for Cam Newton?

[quote name='DestroVega']Picked them up in trade?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm too WR heavy, and lacking in RB and QB.

I traded:
Marques Colsten (picked up from free agent last week)
Torrey Smith
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Ravens D

Got:
A. Bradshaw
Eli Manning
D. Jackson

Got what I needed to hopefully turn around my 1-4 start. Just not sure if I should start:

Vick vs. Eli
Bradshaw vs. C. Johnson vs. Alex Green

non-ppr

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Pyloric']Yeah, I'm too WR heavy, and lacking in RB and QB.

I traded:
Marques Colsten (picked up from free agent last week)
Torrey Smith
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Ravens D

Got:
A. Bradshaw
Eli Manning

Got what I needed to hopefully turn around my 1-4 start. Just not sure if I should start:

Vick vs. Eli
Bradshaw vs. C. Johnson vs. Alex Green

non-ppr[/QUOTE]

If you just traded for them then uh... yeah, you need to start them. What's the point of trading for players then turning around and sitting them on your bench?

At this point you need to try and trade Vick and Chris Johnson if anyone is dumb enough to take them. Take what you can get and cut your losses.

[quote name='HydroX']If you just traded for them then uh... yeah, you need to start them. What's the point of trading for players then turning around and sitting them on your bench?

At this point you need to try and trade Vick and Chris Johnson if anyone is dumb enough to take them. Take what you can get and cut your losses.[/QUOTE]

Heh, nobody will take Johnson at this point, may be able to unload Vick. I'm just wondering if Eli will have trouble against the SF defense. Guess you can't bench your studs though.

Drew Brees, Victor Cruz, and the Bears D have made my life super easy this year, and I pretty much haven't had to worry about making decisions. With the Bears and Saints on the Bye this week I am going to need to really choose well at RB, WR and Flex.

Who to sit between the five?

Torrey Smith
James Jones
Willis Mcgahee
C.J. Spiller
Ryan Matthews

[quote name='bilbobagins3']I am going to need to really choose well at RB, WR and Flex.

Who to sit between the five?

Torrey Smith
James Jones
Willis Mcgahee
C.J. Spiller
Ryan Matthews[/QUOTE]

i also have spiller, and im sitting him this week because i don't think he'll do much against a very good ari def. plus, he's still splitting carries with fred jackson.
hard to say who to start between smith and jones. jones might be the better option with jennings out.
i would start mathews over mcgahee because mathews simply because i like mathews.

[quote name='Pyloric']Heh, nobody will take Johnson at this point, may be able to unload Vick. I'm just wondering if Eli will have trouble against the SF defense. Guess you can't bench your studs though.[/QUOTE]

You can still trade guys like CJ but you need to make someone else a focal point of the deal, then casually add CJ in as filler in a counter offer. Gotta be smooth about it. ;)

Scott Chandler and Joel Dreessen are available TE's on my free agent wire, are either of them worth picking up to start over Dennis Pitta, who hasnt been doing much lately? Waiting for Aaron Hernandez to get back to full strength.

[quote name='GamerDude316']Scott Chandler and Joel Dreessen are available TE's on my free agent wire, are either of them worth picking up to start over Dennis Pitta, who hasnt been doing much lately? Waiting for Aaron Hernandez to get back to full strength.[/QUOTE]

Just about to ask the same question, Chandler has been getting more touches, but is against SF def. Ill give Pitta one more chance against the pitta-ful kc linebackers.

what do you think about this trade i was offered

Send Broncos Coach, Den HC from HC to LL
Send Alex Smith, SF QB from Bench to LL
Send James Jones, GB WR from Bench to LL
Receive Matt Hasselbeck, Ten QB from LL to Bench
Receive Robert Meachem, SD WR from LL to Bench
Receive Cardinals Coach, Ari HC from LL to Bench

My other 3 wrs are : bowe, garcon and kendall wright.
my other qb is romo

[quote name='japaki']what do you think about this trade i was offered

Send Broncos Coach, Den HC from HC to LL
Send Alex Smith, SF QB from Bench to LL
Send James Jones, GB WR from Bench to LL
Receive Matt Hasselbeck, Ten QB from LL to Bench
Receive Robert Meachem, SD WR from LL to Bench
Receive Cardinals Coach, Ari HC from LL to Bench

My other 3 wrs are : bowe, garcon and kendall wright.
my other qb is romo[/QUOTE]

I wouldnt do that trade at alll....

[quote name='Miami_13']Someone offered me Doug Martin for Andre Johnson. Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

Martin has a great schedule coming up for him to break out and I've never been a huge fan of Andre. Who are your other WR RB

Not knowing your team, I'd say to pass on that. Neither player has been overly impressive, but I wouldn't be surprised if Tampa gives Martin less carries going forward so I'd say Johnson has more potential going forward.

I also received an interesting trade myself. PPR league, a guy is offering me Chris Johnson for Alfred Morris. I've been looking to trade one of my RBs, since I also have Jones-Drew and Trent Richardson (and can only start two).

I guess there's two main thought process I'm looking at right now. 1) Johnson can't suck all year, can he? and 2) While there's been no danger as of yet, one still can't help but wonder when / if Shanny will change his mind on his running backs.

[quote name='DestroVega']Martin has a great schedule coming up for him to break out and I've never been a huge fan of Andre. Who are your other WR RB[/QUOTE]

My WR's are
Start 3 plus a WR/TE Flex

Calvin Johnson
Andre Johnson
Julio Jones
James Jones
Kenny Britt
Josh Gordon

RB's
Start 2

Ahmad Bradshaw
Darren Sproles
Alex Green
James Starks
Vick Ballard

[quote name='Miami_13']My WR's are
Start 3 plus a WR/TE Flex

Calvin Johnson
Andre Johnson
Julio Jones
James Jones
Kenny Britt
Josh Gordon

RB's
Start 2

Ahmad Bradshaw
Darren Sproles
Alex Green
James Starks
Vick Ballard[/QUOTE]

Green/Starks may split time so that will be tough. Sproles/Bradshaw? WR's I'd start Megatron and julio Jones, how has Kenny Britt been doing?

Kenny Britt is terrible. His body is a mess.
Start Sproles and Bradshaw (mccarthy just said whoever is hot is going to be the one with the carries, whether it be green/saines/starks). Receivers I'd play the Johnson's (green bay's secondary is terrible!) and Julio Jones without a doubt.

[quote name='Miami_13']Sproles is on a bye week. I'm thinking doing Vick Ballard whose replacing Donald Brown.[/QUOTE]

I'm also hurting because Sproles is on a bye. I'm going to have to roll with BJGE even though he's done nothing for most of the season.

Week #8 is going kick my ass royally. Foster, Tate, & BJGE are all on bye. That week I'll have to start Sproles & for the moment Alex Green, the only other back on my roster.

Chris Johnson (tonight) against the Steelers D (without Polamalu)

OR

Dwayne Bowe against Tampa Bay (without Cassell)???

Ugh. I hate bye weeks because I could really use Forte this week.

[quote name='Javery']Chris Johnson (tonight) against the Steelers D (without Polamalu)

OR

Dwayne Bowe against Tampa Bay (without Cassell)???

Ugh. I hate bye weeks because I could really use Forte this week.[/QUOTE]

Well Brady Quinn might be able to do a better job of getting the ball downfield to Bowe on deep routes. That's tough but I'd lean towards Bowe. At least Bowe has the running game and Jamaal Charles to loosen things up. Pittsburgh will probably stack the line against the run and force Hasselbeck to throw the ball (and probably turn it over).

[quote name='HydroX']What do your RB look like? Richardson is making a case as a bonafide top 10 RB (especially in PPR). I'd take it and struggle a little at WR (scout the waiver wire/maybe move some RB for WR, even Richardson himself?) depending on who you have at RB.

I don't like Fitz all that much due to his crappy QB situation. Andre Roberts is getting more looks in that offense due to Fitz getting ganged up on.[/QUOTE]

qb matt ryan, andrew luck
rb darren mcfadden, ryan matthews, vick ballard, alex green, cedric benson
wr larry fitzgerald, hakeem nicks, vincent jackson, brian hartline
te fred davis, brent celek
k akers
def new england

The league format is QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, WR/R/T, TE, K, DEF

Would Fitgerald for Richardson help my team substantially? Not much WR on the waivers to pickup anyone.

Bowe or Antonio Brown?

Bowe has more upside but also a little riskier since Quinn is the QB.

You guys think the Steelers are going to pound the Titans in the WR dept?

So, how likely will Morris stay at RB and would he be a good trade for Willis McGahee. My other backs are are Trent Richardson and Jackie Battle. Shanahans backs messed me up last year, so Im weary of trading McGahee for another Redskins back.

[quote name='Steggy']qb matt ryan, andrew luck
rb darren mcfadden, ryan matthews, vick ballard, alex green, cedric benson
wr larry fitzgerald, hakeem nicks, vincent jackson, brian hartline
te fred davis, brent celek
k akers
def new england

The league format is QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, WR/R/T, TE, K, DEF

Would Fitgerald for Richardson help my team substantially? Not much WR on the waivers to pickup anyone.[/QUOTE]

Lol, guy backed out of trade.... guess I will play out the season with fitz.

[quote name='4thHorseman']So, how likely will Morris stay at RB and would he be a good trade for Willis McGahee. My other backs are are Trent Richardson and Jackie Battle. Shanahans backs messed me up last year, so Im weary of trading McGahee for another Redskins back.[/QUOTE]

McGahee is more featued but Denver may abandon the run when the get outscored. If your league awards yards or ppr then he is your guy. Morris is more consistent but he has to contend with RG3 runnong, which I think he will do less of now.

I think Morris is a good play the rest of the year, I like him quite a bit and wouldnt take any of the deals offered for him in the last couple pages

Can't decide between andrew luck and alex smith. Colts will be throwing even more with Brown out of the line up, but smith is facing that easy giants secondary.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Should I go with either of the 2 QBs I have: Eli vs SF or Vick vs DET or pick up one of the following:

Luck vs NYJ
Smith vs NYG
Romo vs BAL
Kolb vs BUF[/QUOTE]

Anybody?

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Anybody?[/QUOTE]

I'd start Luck.

I'm going to keep Andre Johnson for this week and if he doesn't do anything Sunday night I'm trading him. I've had Doug Martin, Mikel LeShoure, and Steven Jackson offered for him so far. I'll stick with Vick Ballard this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
So Thursday night's game didn't make things any easier. Still trying to decide on if I should trade Alfred Morris for Chris Johnson.

[quote name='JStryke']So Thursday night's game didn't make things any easier. Still trying to decide on if I should trade Alfred Morris for Chris Johnson.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't unless you really feel like CJ2K is going to blow up from here going forward. What's CJ's schedule look like from here on out?

[quote name='JStryke']So Thursday night's game didn't make things any easier. Still trying to decide on if I should trade Alfred Morris for Chris Johnson.[/QUOTE]

No way. Alfred Morris is tearing up the Big Board Yahoo Fantasy Rankings. Check it out.

Morris is #19 OVERALL and CJ isn't even on the list.

Another rankings list has Morris at 14th best RB and CJ at 27th.

Yea, no way you trade Morris for CJ! CJ MIGHT have a couple more decent games but Morris is by far the better back and will have solid points the rest of the year.

My TE position has been crap all year. Started with Gates, didn't do crap, picked up Bennett from the Giants off waivers but as soon as I do, he doesn't do anything one week and gets hurt the next. I traded away Gates and picked up Keller for the Jets since I heard he was coming back and they are expecting him to do well but now I read he is iffy. Should I just pick someone off waivers to get me 5-6 pnts or wait and see if Keller starts?

P.s. someone sent me a trade offer for my Calvin Johnson for Tony Gonzales and Lesean Jackson. Should I pull the trigger? Thx.

[quote name='ananag112']Who should I start?

Matt Schaub @ Packers
Tony Romo @ Ravens
Christian Ponder @ Redskins

49ers D/ST @ Giants
Redskins D/ST @ Vikings[/QUOTE]

Not a great answer but Schaub or Romo and flip a coin on the D's.

[quote name='HydroX']No way. Alfred Morris is tearing up the Big Board Yahoo Fantasy Rankings. Check it out.

Morris is #19 OVERALL and CJ isn't even on the list.

Another rankings list has Morris at 14th best RB and CJ at 27th.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Collectorguy00']Yea, no way you trade Morris for CJ! CJ MIGHT have a couple more decent games but Morris is by far the better back and will have solid points the rest of the year.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Chitown021']I wouldn't unless you really feel like CJ2K is going to blow up from here going forward. What's CJ's schedule look like from here on out?[/QUOTE]

I'm probably just overthinking on Morris then. CJ has risk, but I guess it depends on if Morris will keep the job.

We're still in talks though, and now I'm trying to debate on who I'd rather give up between MJD or Trent Richardson. PPR league. My choice of one of them + a junk WR (my worst one being James Jones), for Chris Johnson and my choice of either Hakeem Nicks or Greg Jennings.

I can afford the hit at RB also owning Spiller (it'd be nice if he went back to tearing it up), but I have no depth at WR. Dez Bryant is my 3rd best (behind Julio Jones / Reggie Wayne). Also have Kenny Britt. Anybody else I own is really bye week fill ins right now.

[quote name='JStryke']I'm probably just overthinking on Morris then. CJ has risk, but I guess it depends on if Morris will keep the job.

We're still in talks though, and now I'm trying to debate on who I'd rather give up between MJD or Trent Richardson. PPR league. My choice of one of them + a junk WR (my worst one being James Jones), for Chris Johnson and my choice of either Hakeem Nicks or Greg Jennings.

I can afford the hit at RB also owning Spiller (it'd be nice if he went back to tearing it up), but I have no depth at WR. Dez Bryant is my 3rd best (behind Julio Jones / Reggie Wayne). Also have Kenny Britt. Anybody else I own is really bye week fill ins right now.[/QUOTE]

Your WR are fine considering your team as a whole. You are overthinking it, and the other guy is trying to milk you for it. Chris Johnson is garbage (WAY too inconsistent), and Jennings has not been playing at all -- and neither has Nicks -- I should know, I traded for him in TWO leagues. :(

Julio Jones and Reggie Wayne may not be the most attractive, but they are producing well and they are at least on the field -- more than you can say for Jennings/Nicks.

Stick with your healthy horses, they will take you to the promised land.

WR question of the week, Should I start Welker? His status for sunday is unknown. I could drop in James Jones or Crabtree.

I've got a bye week for RBs which means I've got going with Jackson while MJD/Forte hang out on the bench. Should I dump Starks in favor of either Hunter/Tate/Shonn Greene? Green seems the best option to cover for the bye week.

[quote name='kube00']WR question of the week, Should I start Welker? His status for sunday is unknown. I could drop in James Jones or Crabtree.

I've got a bye week for RBs which means I've got going with Jackson while MJD/Forte hang out on the bench. Should I dump Starks in favor of either Hunter/Tate/Shonn Greene? Green seems the best option to cover for the bye week.[/QUOTE]

According to my site (fleaflicker.com) it says that despite his "questionable" status he's fully expected to play Sunday and they expect him to receive a lot of snaps in the slot. I would check his status on Sunday morning and keep Jones/Crabtree on standby. Of the two if Welker can't go I'd probably play Jones although Crabby has the better defensive matchup.

Shonn Greene will receive the most snaps. The other two are high risk/reward since there's no telling how much work they'll get. Tate has had one good week and that's it. He's scored 24 fantasy point all year, 21 of which came in week #2 against Jacksonville when he stole two touchdowns from my man Arian Foster:bomb::bomb:

bread's done
Back