2014 Thrift Store Thread - Post your finds here!

I went the other day. For the first time in a while I found anything worth picking up. A complete copy of Spider-Man for ps1 $1.99 and complete copy of bloody roar primal fury for GameCube $2.99. I was looking forward to both of these. But..... They are one of those thrift stores that have the cases out on the shelf and they have to get the disc out from a cd book behind the glass counter. They couldn't find either game! Just my god damn luck. I can't find anything thrifting around here.

found this at a goodwill for 2.99

151AF296-D327-55F3-D9E35200FADF6243.png

sold it later on amazon for $50

at Savers

dark alliance ii xbox - $4.99
D8E0F102-A006-C292-3DC9008AEFF9880F.png

power ranger operation over drive helmet $4.99

D8E0B1F5-ECEE-3662-C53F393F9D191768.png

Power rangers Jungle Fury Helmet $4.99

JFToy18-03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a crazy find today, something I've been trying to find for a while too.

Went to three Goodwill's today since I had the day off. Two were busts, nothing special at all. The last one I went to wasn't looking good either. Then I seen they had one of those bins out and decided to give it a look. There were some bags and DVD's on top, moved that out of the way, and seen three flipped upside down N64 cartridges marked at $.99 at the bottom. Got a little excited, flipped two over....Maddens. Dammit! I started to figure that it was either A) someone donated their worthless games or B) it's already been picked over.

Flipped the last one over...

:shock:

I couldn't  fuck believe it. I just kinda looked at it for a while in disbelief. I've been wanting to get this game ever since I started going video game hunting at thrift stores and garage sales.

Ended up finding a few CIB Gamecube titles for $1.99 afterwards too that I actually picked up. Spyro A Heroes Tail, X-Men Legends and Batman Begins. Don't know if they are worth it or not, but I was so pumped about Conkers I didn't really care. Ended up spending $7.XX out the door for all of it.

Went to 3 GWs today.......which is rare these days. I was just happy that I could finally get my car out of the driveway since all the snow is melting away! Half off media at all 3..........only came home with a $3.50 PS2 controller and a $2 Super Mario Bros Deluxe cartridge. Saw a couple crappy Gamecube and PS1 games......hoping I didnt miss anything good and those were the leftovers!

Had a crazy find today, something I've been trying to find for a while too.

Went to three Goodwill's today since I had the day off. Two were busts, nothing special at all. The last one I went to wasn't looking good either. Then I seen they had one of those bins out and decided to give it a look. There were some bags and DVD's on top, moved that out of the way, and seen three flipped upside down N64 cartridges marked at $.99 at the bottom. Got a little excited, flipped two over....Maddens. Dammit! I started to figure that it was either A) someone donated their worthless games or B) it's already been picked over.

Flipped the last one over...

:shock:

I couldn't fuck believe it. I just kinda looked at it for a while in disbelief. I've been wanting to get this game ever since I started going video game hunting at thrift stores and garage sales.

Ended up finding a few CIB Gamecube titles for $1.99 afterwards too that I actually picked up. Spyro A Heroes Tail, X-Men Legends and Batman Begins. Don't know if they are worth it or not, but I was so pumped about Conkers I didn't really care. Ended up spending $7.XX out the door for all of it.
congrats on the find... i just got one in a lot i bought

Nice GW find this week: DS games $3 a piece. I can't get Bowser's Inside Story to work, unfortunately. Also bought a couple Portuguese Yu-gioh cards at the dollar store next door.

[attachment=2177:goodwill-finds0111.jpg]

Went to a GW store today.

They didn't have anything electronics related even for sale.

A few old VHS tapes in poor condition but that was about it.  This store is in a nice area but always has really crappy stuff.

There is another GW that I might try and go to tomorrow.  It's in a less nice area but is really clean and has more stuff.  Never see games though.

nothing huge to find but i did get this for $3.99

DSC01479_zps0406a14f.jpg

also picked up a couple Disney cds for my daughters and Disney Charades mint and complete for $1.91

got a Pier 1 hanging "VHS" rack (fits blu-rays perfectly) for $5 too

Rayman 2 (n64) - $3

Diddy Kong Racing  - $3

they also had an unmarked Mario Paint cartridge but they refused to sell it to me

Some really good finds this weekend, especially for Conker. The TI graphing calculator find is good too, I've never come across one on all my years of thrifting (because most everyone knows how valuable they are).

Had a decent weekend too, picked up the following:

PS1 MediEvil (disc only) - $1.50

PS1 Medal of Honor (black label, complete) - $1.50

Official Sega Genesis 6-button controller - $2.50

Funny thing to note about the MediEvil game, as it was originally inside an NFL Game Day 98 case instead, which goes to show that you should check out all the sports games just in case (found a few memory cards this way as well that were worth buying the game for).

I know it wasn't a steal, but I would say this was a great find :p

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/300990-2013-thrift-store-thread/?p=10217477
I added this one to the OP list, as its hard enough to find a rare item like that, CIB is another story all together.

Found Ape Escape for the PS1 at goodwill for .99...Original case and very little scratches but missing the cover/booklet...:( Oh well anything that works is pretty much worth .99...

Funny thing to note about the MediEvil game, as it was originally inside an NFL Game Day 98 case instead, which goes to show that you should check out all the sports games just in case (found a few memory cards this way as well that were worth buying the game for).
Very good advice. I've had it happen to me a few times with disc-based games. I remember finding a Smash Bros Melee case once that unfortunately had some Hot Wheels game inside of the actual Smash disc. I still bought it though since the case and manual were in great shape. Ended up visiting the same Goodwill a week or so later...and seen a Hot Wheels game.

I remembered what happened, checked inside the case, and sure enough there was a Smash Bros disc inside!

I always check.

Heh, I haven't found a thing worth buying at thrift stores in L.A./SoCal in well over a decade.  Seriously, are there any remotely decent thrift stores in L.A.?

Third day in a row was a charm. $1 for the TMNT plate, $5.50 for the guitar controller, $10 for Animal Crossing (complete, didnt check the Club Nintendo code yet). Hadnt played RockBand3 in months, sync the guitar....played for 2hrs!

nothing huge to find but i did get this for $3.99

DSC01479_zps0406a14f.jpg

also picked up a couple Disney cds for my daughters and Disney Charades mint and complete for $1.91

got a Pier 1 hanging "VHS" rack (fits blu-rays perfectly) for $5 too
Is that game any good? I have been curious about for a few years...

I've had some good luck recently with board games, I think my latest find yesterday is my best yet. Risk LOTR Trilogy Edition (complete) was $2, and the Atari paddle set was $4. I'll have to go steal my parent's 2600 sometime to go test the paddles fully, it'll give me an excuse to play Warlords again.

med_gallery_350075_7875_101723.jpg

Another find to add to 2013 was the cib family fun athletic world i found before stadium events was found at the same goodwill in charlotte, nc a few hours later.. I sold the game to the same collector who bought the stadium events for $450..

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306478-what-is-family-fun-fitness-athletic-world-worth-it-looks-like-stadium-events/#entry10435206
I went ahead and added this as well, spoiler'd the OP for this as its getting pretty long. Keep them coming though, saves me the effort of going through the 2013 thread page by page.

CIMG1946.jpg

So went to one of my local Goodwill's, and was looking at the electronics case that they have near the register that has the more expensive stuff locked up and saw this leaning against the glass. Checked it out, and the game is flawless. I can't even see a scratch on the thing. Not sure if you guys can see the price, $24.99,. Had a $10 credit, so game came out to $14.99 plus tax. Nice find for me, especially since I just got a WiiU for my daughter for Christmas. Oh and I almost forgot but the strangest thing to me, was that this game was supposedly at this goodwill since the 9th. How this lasted since then, I'll never know, especially since I have been  at this store since then and didn't see the game the last time there.

Very good advice. I've had it happen to me a few times with disc-based games. I remember finding a Smash Bros Melee case once that unfortunately had some Hot Wheels game inside of the actual Smash disc. I still bought it though since the case and manual were in great shape. Ended up visiting the same Goodwill a week or so later...and seen a Hot Wheels game.

I remembered what happened, checked inside the case, and sure enough there was a Smash Bros disc inside!

I always check.
I had a similar experience today

Went to a GW before my last clients appointment. Saw the case for Star Wars Battlefront for Xbox. Was really thrilled...until I opened it up and saw the disc for The Incredibles was there. There were a few different Xbox games, looked in all of them but nothing.

So I stashed it and plan on going back in a few days. Hopefully it works out

Nice on the WW HD, I've yet to see a Wii U game at my local GWs (none of mine have the Target overstock that I've seen others post on here).

Small pick up for today, got a complete copy of Teen Titans for Gamecube for $4.  The tag date was yesterday, might of missed out on some other titles on the day that I skipped.

Nice on the WW HD, I've yet to see a Wii U game at my local GWs (none of mine have the Target overstock that I've seen others post on here).

Small pick up for today, got a complete copy of Teen Titans for Gamecube for $4. The tag date was yesterday, might of missed out on some other titles on the day that I skipped.
Yeah this one goodwill by me has been getting some pretty recent games lately including wiiu, 3ds and xbox360 stuff(guessing Target overstock). They had a GTA5 for the 360 for 30 bucks the other day and Just Dance 4 for the 360 and WiiU for 25 each, which i didn't pick up but they did have some other stuff that I did pick up today which I still need to take pictures of, and be up in alittle bit

Yeah this one goodwill by me has been getting some pretty recent games lately including wiiu, 3ds and xbox360 stuff(guessing Target overstock). They had a GTA5 for the 360 for 30 bucks the other day and Just Dance 4 for the 360 and WiiU for 25 each, which i didn't pick up but they did have some other stuff that I did pick up today which I still need to take pictures of, and be up in alittle bit
bring it!!!!!!

seriously, I had no luck today. at all.

CIMG1948.jpg

So went to the same goodwill I went to yesterday and first saw Pokemon Y for the 3ds in the case for 19.99.

Then saw the WiiU pro controller for 19.99. Also found that Superman t-shirt for 2.99. I don't even play Pokemon stuff and neither does my daughter so will probably flip or trade that. The controller will definitely be useful for the WiiU I got my daughter for christmas. The shirt is a large, which I haven't been since I was like 15(34 now), but it was just to cool to pass up at 2.99

@robwhois - Any picture on what the shirt looks like? Is it just blue with superman logo?

Got some nice finds at my goodwill. Every other thrift is extremely overpriced.

2x Sony Walkman SRF-39 - SEALED - $5

Freaky Flyers for Gamecube Complete - $3

GBA 4-Player Link Cable - SEALED - $3

Tiger Electronics LCD Game - Batman Forever Double Dose Of Doom - SEALED - $5

The Tiger LCD Game is something I'd never thought I see, especially brand new.

@robwhois - Any picture on what the shirt looks like? Is it just blue with superman logo?

Got some nice finds at my goodwill. Every other thrift is extremely overpriced.

2x Sony Walkman SRF-39 - SEALED - $5

Freaky Flyers for Gamecube Complete - $3

GBA 4-Player Link Cable - SEALED - $3

Tiger Electronics LCD Game - Batman Forever Double Dose Of Doom - SEALED - $5

The Tiger LCD Game is something I'd never thought I see, especially brand new.
I don't have a picture of it yet, but yeah it's a darker blue t-shirt with the superman logo front and center

Midnight Club 3 DUB edition with bonus DUB dvd (original xbox, black label)(FACTORY SEALED) -$3 (I can't find one on ebay that's black label and sealed)

Samurai Shown(sega genesis) -$2

Weapon Lord(sega genesis)(complete) -$2

Justice League Task Force(sega genesis)(complete) -$2

Maximum Carnage (sega genesis)(complete and it looks like it's never been used) -$2

General Chaos (sega genesis)(complete and in very good condition) -$2

Midnight Club 3 DUB edition with bonus DUB dvd (original xbox, black label)(FACTORY SEALED) -$3 (I can't find one on ebay that's black label and sealed)
Samurai Shown(sega genesis) -$2
Weapon Lord(sega genesis)(complete) -$2
Justice League Task Force(sega genesis)(complete) -$2
Maximum Carnage (sega genesis)(complete and it looks like it's never been used) -$2
General Chaos (sega genesis)(complete and in very good condition) -$2
ahem *cough cough*

you could unload some of those genesis games to this guy

Unfortunately someone in my area picked the worst Goodwill to donate his old consoles to (the same one that priced a Wii bundle at $120).  So now I see a Genesis, SMS, 2600, PS3, and a 360, all at or above eBay prices mocking me from behind the jewelry counter.  If it was the one three miles away, it would of been a different story.

The only good thing was is that their team missed the Sega Saturn and tossed it back in the general electronics for $10, which I grabbed obviously.

Thrift finds have been mostly crap around here lately, ever since my closest GW replaced the manager.  Prices have gone up up up.  And now they're doing this "Round Up" bullshit to try to get more money.  Hell, you already jacked up your prices, in addition to doing eBay lookups, and you want me to round my total up to the next dollar?  fuck you.

I did stop at a different GW tonight (Greensburg) and they had a TON of PS2 games.  Nothing notable, except for an complete, amazing condition copy of Gallop Racer 2004.

Thrift finds have been mostly crap around here lately, ever since my closest GW replaced the manager. Prices have gone up up up. And now they're doing this "Round Up" bullshit to try to get more money. Hell, you already jacked up your prices, in addition to doing eBay lookups, and you want me to round my total up to the next dollar? fuck you.

I did stop at a different GW tonight (Greensburg) and they had a TON of PS2 games. Nothing notable, except for an complete, amazing condition copy of Gallop Racer 2004.
dood they pulled that shit on me last week up in Moon Township. I was thinking "are you fucking kidding me?" but then it was like two cents to the nearest dollar and I just went with it. The lady got all 6 people in front of me to do it too, which was shocking.

Any notice that on their receipt there are "points" being accumulated? I was told it is a beta for an upcoming rewards program

dood they pulled that shit on me last week up in Moon Township. I was thinking "are you fucking kidding me?" but then it was like two cents to the nearest dollar and I just went with it. The lady got all 6 people in front of me to do it too, which was shocking.

Any notice that on their receipt there are "points" being accumulated? I was told it is a beta for an upcoming rewards program
The goodwills in NY have been giving me rewards points for years now, I think it's one point for every dollar spent, and when you reach 100 they give you a 10 dollar credit

I didn't notice until I just looked at my fiance's receipt from yesterday. My receipt from Greensburg didn't have anything about points on it...

The goodwills in NY have been giving me rewards points for years now, I think it's one point for every dollar spent, and when you reach 100 they give you a 10 dollar credit
really now? do you need like a card or something?
I'm wondering that as well, because if it's tied to your credit card, there is a massive glitch because it's showing she has a points balance of 111, 455.

But I'm assuming that's probably cumulative points for the store since they started implementing the points system.

My nearest Goodwill district has a sign up about a rewards program and has been doing the "round up" thing for a few months.

It's always a firm "nope" from me when they want me to round up.  For some reason, they've never asked me to sign up for a rewards card.  I just looked at an old receipt and the only mention about points is mentioning signing up for the rewards program.

I live in South Carolina and there is a Goodwill Rewards Program but it's only good in the state and not every Goodwill store participates either from what I've been told.

Free to sign up though.

Goodwill 1- Nadda, Nuttin, Zilch

Goodwill 2- Looking like the same until I glance at the glass case up front. I see a GBA ereader for $16 and kinda chuckled then I see Pokemon Ruby and some other GBA games. I was like "cant wait to flip these over and see what crazy ass price they want for these!" Well turns out these were only $3 apiece and are legit copies!

Goodwill 1- Nadda, Nuttin, Zilch

Goodwill 2- Looking like the same until I glance at the glass case up front. I see a GBA ereader for $16 and kinda chuckled then I see Pokemon Ruby and some other GBA games. I was like "cant wait to flip these over and see what crazy ass price they want for these!" Well turns out these were only $3 apiece and are legit copies!
Nice find, been looking for Emerald myself. I've been eying a $40 GBA lot with 2 Pokemon games that's been sitting on Craigslist for a while, but I'm holding out for a thrift find.

Thrift 1: NES with a boatload of peripherals, and copy of Arkanoid still inside: $25

Thrift 2: Majora's Mask OST from Club Nintendo (!!) and Metroid Fusion: $1 each. Didn't that CD come out just a little while ago?

The guy who took the NES out of the glass case mentioned seeing some NES cartridges in the sorting area. I'm hoping for some staples. :D

[attachment=2366:nes_thriftfinds.jpg]

[attachment=2367:majorasmask_thrift_metroid.jpg]

Nice find, been looking for Emerald myself. I've been eying a $40 GBA lot with 2 Pokemon games that's been sitting on Craigslist for a while, but I'm holding out for a thrift find.

Thrift 1: NES with a boatload of peripherals, and copy of Arkanoid still inside: $25

Thrift 2: Majora's Mask OST from Club Nintendo (!!) and Metroid Fusion: $1 each. Didn't that CD come out just a little while ago?

The guy who took the NES out of the glass case mentioned seeing some NES cartridges in the sorting area. I'm hoping for some staples. :D

attachicon.gif
nes_thriftfinds.jpg

attachicon.gif
majorasmask_thrift_metroid.jpg
Yeah, the Majora's Mask OST was the Platinum reward from this past year and just shipped out a few months ago.

bread's done
Back