2014 Thrift Store Thread - Post your finds here!

I'm jealous, I always forget to put things on hold. I'm busy Sunday so I hit the 40% days. Heading back to Schaumburg tomorrow for something hopefully.

Fair enough haha, have fun. For the record the Genesis games I left were Outrun, Shining in the Darkness and Strider Returns if you have any interest. Nothing amazing but in the box and not super commons. I already have the first two and have heard nothing good about Strider Returns.

Ran to quite a few thrifts today.

Struck out most places but found some stuff.

At one goodwill I found

CIB Defcon 5 for C64

Then at a independent thrift that I think benefits women's shelters (I can't remember the name right now :/)

Battlegrounds War Chest (haven't checked to see if it's all there yet)

Battlegrounds Tower Attack (haven't checked to see if it's all there yet)

crappy CIB 1000 Best Games for Windows (only got it because of nostalgia for those types of shareware CDs and it was in a full on big box, which I rarely see for those types of CDs)

Then at another goodwill

Heroscape Swarm of the Marro (cashier surprised me by commenting on it and comparing it to Warhammer, she didn't strike me as someone who'd know what Warhammer is) (haven't checked to see if it's all there yet)

Final find at another goodwill

Roku HD 2500r (really shouldn't have gotten, since it didn't have a power cord, plus once I got home and looked, I realized it won't do what I want it to do, which is DLNA and play all video containers/formats)

and five old newspaper comic strip collection books

Batman: The Dailies 1943-1944

The Complete E.C. Segar Popeye Volume Seven Dailies 1931-1932

Prince Valiant Vol 3

Batman: The Sunday Classics 1943-1946

Sealed Flash Gordon Complete Daily Strips Nov 1951 - April 1953

Last edited by a moderator:
Did ok at my HBP. Got Super Off Road Baja, Krusty's Super Funhouse and a pinball game all for SNES. Spent about $11. There's a copy of Yoshi's island I have my eye on that's been sitting there since last week. It's marked at $30, but if it makes it to sunday the coupon will bring it down to 15. Debating if I should grab it then since I don't think I ever played it. 

Always check the VHS section. Found a box nes game for $1. Box has seen better days though. Also does anyone know what this donkey kong tape is?

NOR8CgA.jpg

hZ1F7Py.jpg

Always check the VHS section. Found a box nes game for $1. Box has seen better days though. Also does anyone know what this donkey kong tape is?
It was a promo video (N64 era). They were mailed out if you were on Nintendo's mailing list. I'm not sure if they were in stores too or not.

Picked up a Like New Battle for Middle Earth II for the PC for 3 bucks. 

It definitely looks better than the other one I own. :lol:

Went out to quite a few thrift stores, including a couple I rarely go to.

First off was my local goodwill, a few finds, nothing spectacular.

RIxjJYp.jpg

MDK2 Armageddon - 5$

Commandos Strike Force - 5$

FlatOut 2 - 5$

Atari Arcade Classics Vol. 1 - 2$

Tetris Plus - 2$

Then we went to a church thrift store I hadn't been to in months and found these.

aKpPVJS.jpg

Sonic 2 on genesis, my first gensis game in the collection. - 1$

Skies of Arcadia, my biggest single game find ever, in great shape, and super complete (even the sega and nintendo inserts) for 2$!

Very jealous of that Skies of Arcadia Legends... one of the last GC games I still need. I used to have it, lent it to a friend though and he lost it...

Anyway, went out today and found a few things:

First stop:

Pilotwings 64: $1.99

1080 (N64): $2.99

Pokemon Emerald $9.99

Fine with that, would have liked Pokemon a bit cheaper but I can make a profit at that price.

Then I stopped in at a Savers and found an Atari 5200 and a 7800 in the case. They wanted $75.00 for the 5200 and $29.99 for the 7800. Not bad on the 7800 but I already have one. I have a 5200 too and that was way too much. In the back though, they have a ton of 5200 games. Nothing particularly great but I grabbed four I didn't have for $2.99 each.

Popeye

Space Invaders

Real Sports Soccer

Dig Dug

Also grabbed a pair of DC games I didn't have for $1.99 each:

WWF Attitude

Rippin Riders

Pretty meh but I didn't have them and I'm going for a full DC set so...

Went on my first run in a while. Not much to be found in the few goodwills I hit up.

Got Return to Castle Wolfenstein for the PC, with manual and jewel case with a homemade cd of community maps, for 99 cents.
Also grabbed a few old Sega Nhl games for 2 bucks.

Nothing but PS2 sports games besides that :/

Well I have two nice items on hold for the 50% day ;) Didn't see the genny games though. I also picked up a complete copy of gungrave overload (2nd one, I've bought at that store) for $1.80.

Yeah that stuff was still there when I showed up. Those gamegear games were in dollar stores years ago, so I still have most of them sealed. ;) I picked up some non game stuff that is of value, but I didn't have a lot of time to spend there. I think that manager tends to hold stuff back because he collects games.i w
gungrave is a i need add back to my collection

Hit up the Salvation Army today as they always do sales on Thursdays. Today was 50% off everything but white stickers. They had a stack of 20 or so original XBox games in the display case, so I browsed through them.

Picked up

Tony Hawk Project 8 - $1.25 after discount

Tetris Worlds - $.75 after discount.

I also found a sweet Pontiac Ashtray from a local dealer for 50 cents.

Oh and sort of a thrift store, but yesterday I stopped at the discount grocery store.

I got a Duracell 2-battery charger for 99 cents. Normally, they're $9.99 there (which is more than ebay) but this one someone had stolen the batteries from. Tested the charger out last night and it charged two batteries finally after it errored on another two sets (both of which were Duracell brand).

Oh and a Captain America: The First Avenger Holographic tumbler for 50 cents and a Gillette Mach 3 Turbo for $3.99.

I saw a sealed copy of Mad Maestro! for the PS2 for $4.99, but I let it sit. Judging by amazon, a new copy isn't worth much more than that.

Picked up:

Shadow Run (gen)  $2   {no manual}

E.T.   (2600)    $2    {probably overpaid but I wanted a copy and the game stores charge a flat $5 for 2600 games}

Demons to Diamonds (2600)  $2

Kirby Dream Land (GB)  $2.50  {Great shape}

I just got Animal Crossing City Folk for Wii $5 Sealed. 

Im contemplating whether or not to open it or try and sell it because Im broke as hell.

So...

This just happened.

gallery_103688_4807_2011540.jpg

gallery_103688_4807_1066327.jpg

gallery_103688_4807_850369.jpg

It's not the greatest, but I'm hyped since I wasn't going to stop at Goodwill, but at the last minute I was like "Why not, it'll only take a second."

Plus, I'm amazed at the price, if it were the Goodwill across the river from me, it would've been marked $300.

They also had a Genesis with 5 games (nothing really amazing) for $20, a Gamegear with 4 games (it was taped up and I could only see Mortal Kombat) for $15, and two solo Gameboy games (a breakout clone and Tetris) for I don't know how much cause I didn't check.

Nice find on the NES's mguiddy.

I had a pretty decent run myself the other day.

LoZ: Twilight Princess (Wii)   $5

New Super Mario Bros.  (DS)   $2

Star Wars Rouge Squadron 2:  Rouge Leader  (GCN)   $2

Spy Fiction (PS2)   $3

The Matrix: Path of Neo (Xbox)  $1

X-Men vs Street FIghter (PS1)    $1

Spyro The Dragon  (PS1)   $1

Alien Trilogy  (PS1)             $1

Battle Arena Toshinden 2 (PS1)   $1

I've had no luck lately.  Last thing I found was a Plugable USB Displylink, but since it didn't have a price tag on it, they couldn't sell it and it had to be sent back to be repriced.  I've been back the past two days and either it came out and was sold or it just got tossed out.

My GW has gone to shit since the new district manager took over.  That same day, one of their employees was checking out and had a full cart of all kinds of shit, a bigger Walking Dead box (not sure what it was though) and other good-looking stuff.  He was in his work clothes, so they must have changed their rules, as employees aren't allowed to shop on their day off; and who wears their work clothes on their day off?  I have a feeling they're letting employees cherry pick now.

Wow those Nintendos would def be marked like $50 a piece and the "good" games like $20 a piece at one of my local Goodwills! I still go in there every once in awhile because theyll miss something. Like my bag of Gameboy stuff that had MegaMan IV and a couple Pokemon cartridges a couple months ago. 

Don't worry sp00ge and Masa, it wasn't anywhere near you guys. :D

It was the one in my town.

Also, I just noticed that some of the games have "$500" marked on the dust covers and on masking tape.  I'm going to assume it came from a yard sale where they either wanted $500 for the whole lot, or $5.00 a game.

@sp00ge

I heard someone at the Rochester GW shopping talking about "They worked earlier that day but came back to shop." so yeah, they definitely changed the rules in that district.  I remember hearing them say prior that they couldn't shop on days they worked.

Don't worry sp00ge and Masa, it wasn't anywhere near you guys. :D

It was the one in my town.

Also, I just noticed that some of the games have "$500" marked on the dust covers and on masking tape. I'm going to assume it came from a yard sale where they either wanted $500 for the whole lot, or $5.00 a game.

@sp00ge

I heard someone at the Rochester GW shopping talking about "They worked earlier that day but came back to shop." so yeah, they definitely changed the rules in that district. I remember hearing them say prior that they couldn't shop on days they worked.
Yeah, my fiance was going to get a job there a few hours a week but never bothered once they told her about that rule. If the guy was cherry picking and having things held in back like I suspected, I don't see it lasting long before complaints start rolling in.

Yeah, my fiance was going to get a job there a few hours a week but never bothered once they told her about that rule. If the guy was cherry picking and having things held in back like I suspected, I don't see it lasting long before complaints start rolling in.
I suspected the woman of cherry picking as well.

She had a nice stained glass lamp in her cart that she claimed she didn't see earlier when she was working. Yeah, right...

Even if they don't cherry pick, people will always suspect it.

Got these for 50% off.

Needed Radiata Stories for my collection. Manual hasn't even been cracked open and the game is flawless.

I figured the chun li controller was worth it...It is still sealed ;)

Went to Gamersxchange in Chanitlly at Estarland and picked up:

Mario Party 7 + Sonice the Hedgehog (Genesis) for $25

Aladdin (Genesis) fo $13

Always find some good stuff.

Got these for 50% off.

Needed Radiata Stories for my collection. Manual hasn't even been cracked open and the game is flawless.

I figured the chun li controller was worth it...It is still sealed ;)

That is a mighty nice find, those are rare to come across nowadays especially sealed. I purchased a green Blanka one at Bestbuy for that very sticker price and it was the last one in the store.

Nothing really great lately here.  I picked up a pretty rough New Jersey Devils mini goalie stick for 2 dollars.  I found RC Pro AM for 2 dollars a few weeks back.  It's been that dry here lately.

Found a Red Octane metal DDR pad today for $14.99. I found the switch box for it a few weeks ago at the same Goodwill for $2.99 and grabbed that, surprised it took so long to put the actual pad out. Haven't tested it yet but will later, good price if it works.

Bought from goodwills/savers
Nascar Racing 2003(with case, had installation manual)-$3.99 + tax
Star Wars Galaxies(Complete)-$3
Max Payne PC(Complete)-$2
GTA 1 and Medal of Honor PS1- $2 each

Decent I guess, was cool finding Star Wars Galaxies starter kit even though the game is dead.

Stopped by my local GW today and picked up a few games for the original XBox. I've never once seen a cartridge game there, so I asked if they ever get any in. Turns out there's a guy who comes by in the mornings to buy up all their cartridge stuff. I can't compete with that (nor do I want to), but I can at least console myself with the fact that the guy is sloppy; he's picking up all the junk titles, too.

bread's done
Back