2014 Thrift Store Thread - Post your finds here!

I was at one Goodwill today and I ran into an employee of the one closest to my house. She asks if I had ever heard of some Nintendo game that she really didnt know they name of. I says "doesnt sound familiar". She then tells me they had a stack of games come in the other day (where were these when I was yard sailing for 5hrs and noone had old games?!) and she sold this one particular game on ShopGoodwill for $200! I wanted to say something like "....so is that why I never find stuff like that anymore there? When did you start doing ShopGoodwill?" but I was in pissed off mode by then so I just thinking "youuuuuu biiiiiitch" as Roger from American Dad would say it. 

I ended up not doing too bad once again at this GW though (this is the one that usually has $50+ systems/the one I scored the Gameboy and MegaMan IV). 2 Xbox 360 wireless controllers for $9 apiece, Xbox controller s for $3, original Xbox composite cable for $1, and a Luigi LEGO stand that holds 2 DS games....it had Kirby Super Star Ultra in it for $5! 

Edit- they are on ShopGoodwill now. N64s, Gameboy stuff, a fuckin Virtual Boy.......looks like im done with that store! The game was Panic Restaurant by the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally had a decent day!

The best find of the day was a vintage Little Professor calculator for .99.  It is in AMAZING condition and despite have old-looking batteries in it, the terminals are corrosion free.  I still have to test it, but this little guy should fetch me a bit when I list it.  Cheapest price on AZ is $60 currently.

Other finds were a bag with three NES controllers for 3.99.  They appear to be in decent condition, aside from one that was yellowing.  Those will be paired with the few consoles I have lying around waiting for refurbishing.

Then I picked up a Black & Decker Leaf Hog blower/vaccum for $5.  No bag, but if it works, I can figure something out.  Our new house has a TON of trees on the property, so this is just what I needed.

20140722_172945.jpg

Not exactly a video game, but I know some people here are into toys and stuff so I figured I'd post it. Unfortunately it was property of

Brian's, so it's not in the best of shape, but all there and opens and closes ok. Need to get some of these stupid stickers though...

I finally had a decent day!

The best find of the day was a vintage Little Professor calculator for .99. It is in AMAZING condition and despite have old-looking batteries in it, the terminals are corrosion free. I still have to test it, but this little guy should fetch me a bit when I list it. Cheapest price on AZ is $60 currently.

Other finds were a bag with three NES controllers for 3.99. They appear to be in decent condition, aside from one that was yellowing. Those will be paired with the few consoles I have lying around waiting for refurbishing.

Then I picked up a Black & Decker Leaf Hog blower/vaccum for $5. No bag, but if it works, I can figure something out. Our new house has a TON of trees on the property, so this is just what I needed.
I picked up a couple of those Little Professor calculators at a thrift shop here for $1 each. I tried to flip them on eBay and had them bid up only to $10 - $12 each. How are they getting that much on Amazon? Not saying they aren't that there but how is there such a price difference from one site to another?

I picked up a couple of those Little Professor calculators at a thrift shop here for $1 each. I tried to flip them on eBay and had them bid up only to $10 - $12 each. How are they getting that much on Amazon? Not saying they aren't that there but how is there such a price difference from one site to another?
No idea. Many things tend to sell for more on Amazon than eBay, in my experience. Maybe it has something to do with Amazon gift cards being more prevalent so people are more willing to spend "someone else's" money?

But bad news. It doesn't work. Fresh batteries and no dice. It was only .99, but it's going back tomorrow.

Started the day with no intent to thrift shop but decided to go in the end. So glad that I went. Came home with these from Savers.

SPaQIEB.jpg

I haven't found much of anything at my GWs recently, seems like too many kids off from school gleaning the deals during the day (ran into a few at my last trip), but I managed to get these just as they were putting them out.  Each controller was $5 (no receiver on the wavebird unfortunately), console was $9 (I don't like getting these solo, but it was in good shape and better priced than I normally see), and the GBA GCN link cable was $3.

Nothing spectacular, but my expectations are low enough at this point.

med_gallery_350075_7875_132559.jpg

So apparently someone donated a bunch of anime. Unforunately, the series were incomplete so I didnt bother. Only if it had the complete series of R.O.D. TV. But only vol. 1 was present.

Saw a bunch of N64 controllers for 3.99. No sign of 64 games or the console itself.

Only pick up was a like new cib copy of phoneix wright for 4.99.

Thursday was an awesome day!  Hit up two small town thrifts while in the area for work.  The small thrift I stop at whenever I am in the area had these PC games. 

med_gallery_354731_8396_939612.jpg

Decided to stop by the bigger thrift I don't usually stop at.  I stopped going here for a bit as the owner sells online and prices always seem a little high.  Looks like I will have to add this stop to the list from now on.  Was excited to find these as I found a system earlier this year. 

med_gallery_354731_8396_982350.jpg

My Saturn collection is at 19 games after adding these.  I left a few sports games behind as my cheapass was already spending enough on these.  If the other games are still there when I return to the area I'll probably just pop on those also.  Overall an awesome Thursday at work. 

Stopped by the local thrift for 50 percent of this random stuff.  I own the cassette tape of Red Hot Chili Peppers.  Guess it was finally time to upgrade.  Twenty years or so later.  Roger Waters is the other CD.  $2.50 total.

med_gallery_354731_8396_194040.jpg

Awesome goodwill find today, went to one I'd never been to before and they had a ton of Target salvage there, saw my first PS4 game at a goodwill and picked up this treasure.

All Black 360 Controller - Brand New with a minor tear in the box.

(Saw the same controller at Target today for 49.99)

They had a torn up AGS-101 for 20, DS Lite for 30, and all the older worn out controllers they had were priced at 8$, no clue why this was so cheap.

lOxMEDG.jpg

Final Fantasy X (Complete)
Final Fantasy X-2 (Complete)
Primal (No disc, but comes with manual and was free)

Paid $10 total, wasn't the best price but was nice to find them complete and in really great shape

Homeworld was half off, only $1

Finally, my Goodwill has PS2 games I actually want and for a good price. Paid $5 each. No manuals though.

Need moar!

LOL I was at Goodwill on my lunch break and saw this guy who works at Kmart and always wants to talk about video games and how him and his dad "sold yada yada yada for xxx amounts of money". So color me shocked when I was like "whats up? Did you know they started selling games on ShopGoodwill? Girl said they sold Panic Restaurant for $260!". He barely acknowledges me, doesnt even look at me, says "oh", and keeps walking. He starts talking to his friend who was looking in the bins and says "Ive found some good stuff in these, this is where I found that Dreamcast that one time". I just laugh and think to myself "go ahead and dig through all them bins you douchebag, Ive already been through the whole store and theres nothing." 

I also asked one of the girls if they are even going to set anything Nintendo out anymore after having that one game come in. I couldnt tell if she was BS'n me or not but she said they dont send everything to ShopGoodwill and that she thought they even had "4 systems earlier but thats not my job so im not 100 percent sure". I was just like "hey you should leave something cool out once and awhile so I have a chance! Ill let ya get back to work, have a good one!" 

Doing laundry a few days ago and decided to stop at a nearby goodwill. It was around 3 so I didn't really expect to find anything. Nothing new in the cds/dvds but I saw a gamecube all by itself on the rack with tvs and appliances. No cords/controllers but my gamecubes been acting up so I wanted a backup just in case. Marked $12, a little more than what I wanted to pay. Opened up the lid just to see if there was a game in it and found Super Smash Bros. Melee looking back at me. Bought.

Awesome goodwill find today, went to one I'd never been to before and they had a ton of Target salvage there, saw my first PS4 game at a goodwill and picked up this treasure.

All Black 360 Controller - Brand New with a minor tear in the box.

(Saw the same controller at Target today for 49.99)

They had a torn up AGS-101 for 20, DS Lite for 30, and all the older worn out controllers they had were priced at 8$, no clue why this was so cheap.
The sticker says Afterglow controller, so someone put the wrong salvage sticker on that controller, it seems.

The sticker says Afterglow controller, so someone put the wrong salvage sticker on that controller, it seems.
Exactly what I was thinking after I saw that tag, guess it was my lucky day.

More Goodwill Finds Today

Complete:

Rocket Power: Team Rocket Rescue - PS1 - 2$

Namco Museum Volume 1. (N) - PS1 - 2$

Destroy All Humans - PS2 - 3.80$

Popcap Hits Vol. 1 - PS2 - 3$

Ed Edd n Eddy - PS2 - 2.80$

Downhill Domination - PS2 - 3$

Patapon - PSP - 3.80$

Disc Only (All 2$)

Manhunt 2 - PS2

Aqua Aqua - PS2

Star Wars Masters of Teras Kasai - PS1

Monster's Inc Scream Team - PS1

Fable - Xbox

NFL Street 2 - Xbox

Mad Rush Racing - Xbox

Kung Fu Chaos - Xbox

Also went to Game Crazy to see what it was like (Hadn't been in years.), was still a really cool store, with really good pricing. Picked up ManHunt for PS2 for 5$ Complete, they actually had Operation Genesis on PS2 for 40$ Disc Only, really would've considered it if I didn't already have a copy.

Good day imo:
Vanilla World of Warcraft Collector Edition(Has everything including serial code but no game disc)- $12.49. Was on sale!
Beyond Good & Evil Ps2(Complete)- $5
Desert Strike return to the gulf Sega Genesis (Complete)- $2

Also ended up getting 2 pokeballs along with various toys in a bag for $2

My first win in ages at a pawn shop/thrift store!

Nier PS3, Deus Ex HR PS3, Ratchet & Clank All 4 One, Crack in Time for $30.

Major Sickness reported for duty today, so I ended up leaving school early.

Stopped by GW on the way to Target on the way Home, picked up

Romance of the Three Kingdoms VI PS1- 2.70 w/tax. no manual, case looks like someone sat on it, but overall can't complain because the series is great.

Really want a manual though!!!!

Had an awesome day today!

NES (Console Only) -  $12 !          

This is a big deal (for me) since I have been looking for a reasonably priced NES for years.  I've been finding NES games/controllers at thrift/pawn shops for awhile but the system itself has always eluded me.  It's in near perfect condition and while it was the system only I just used generic A/V cables and a wall charger I had lying around to test it out and it works perfectly!

Black DS Lite  -  $2

(Bottom screen is scratched up but I was going to use it for GBA games anyway)

Golden Sun: The Lost Age (GBA)  -  $5

Resident Evil Code Veronica X (PS2)  -  $1

Yesterday's GW pick-ups

-nes console with super mario bros inside-$10
-nes controller-$2
2-New marvel super heroes hulk smash lab(missing the minifigures-$10/each
-Mobile Fighter Gundam Burning Gundam (GF13-017NJII)(already built in box, doesn't appear to be missing parts)-$3

That is the second gundam model kit that I've found at my local goodwill.

Picked up these two things today.

I was pumped to find this. Now I can test out the game boys I find without buying batteries.

Not a fan of this game, but its either trade fodder or flipping material.

I would love to find Mobile Suit kits at the local thrifts. The last one i found was buster gundam 2ish yrs ago
Everybody would lol. The closest I've seen wasn't at a thrift store , it was those mini gundam kits at my local owned Dollar Store. From the 90's I believe.

Got a Pioneer laserdisc player CLD 980 for 14.99 + tax from savers. Works nicely

Didn't have the remote and was skeptical if it worked, but I plugged it in and it powered on so I bought it. First laserdisc player I've found in a thrift store and in the wild.

My GW has been over charging on anything even video game related and holding it behind the jewelry case. I was surprised to see these in with the DVDs, even more shocked to see $3.xx on D and $5.xx on King's Field. 

d9HrMh.jpg

Nice finds^^

Just remembered about some finds in goodwill/salvation back in May before I went on vacation:
Pokemon Stadium 2, Golden Eye, and Perfect Dark all for $4.99 each + tax
Abe's Oddysee, GTA 1, Medal of Honor 1, Puzznic, and Star Wars Episode 1 all on ps1 for $1.99 + tax each.
Baseball Varsity Jacket (Retro themish imo)- 3.99 + tax

Salvation Army Finds:
Gradius 3 along with MK 1 & 2 for snes. $2 each
Atari Flashback 4 for $10
Valentine Bear that sings a song by Marilyn Monroe when pressed (Love it too much to resell)- $5

$2.99 for an incomplete copy of Koudelka (PS1 pre-cursor to the Shadow Hearts series). It is supposed to be a four-disc set but number four is missing. This was noted on a sticker on the front of the case, which is probably why it made it out onto the floor at all. The one closest to me keeps the good stuff for online sales. I figure that I can probably find one somewhere, and since I already have a complete copy I'm not too bothered about it. I also found a smb/duck hunt nes cartridge, but there was no price tag and the label was half torn off so I let it be.

Pretty much a bust today thrifting, only ending up buying some outdoorsmans survival board game from 1972 for $2 (Been used scarcely based on the pieces, and seems to be complete). I'm a sucker for old board games.

I have no idea what this action figure is? He looks like a generic Street Fighter.  Pretty cool anyways.

gallery_354731_8396_461998.jpg

PSP System and DS games not pictured as we haven't stopped playing them. 

Oh you know what that is from. It's a Fist of the North Star figure. Rey is the character's name and he is the one pictured to the right. Not sure why he has red hair instead of white/grey though.

I was gonna say the artwork is from Fist of the North Star.

My first instinct was bootleg.  Given the appearance of the rest of the figures in the line, I might be right.  Maybe...

My instinct was bootleg/dollar store figures, but I am pretty sure Yongda was a legit company. I don't know enough about them though other than they were a Chinese company. Normally the true bootlegs, wouldn't have an address on them or the actual character's name. I remember seeing figures that looked like he-man, but they never had (correct) names on the cards at the dollar stores back in the day.

This comes to mind:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/G-I-JOE-International-Heros-COBRA-COMMANDER-Moc-foreign-release-carded-figure-/331262157076?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item4d20c36114&nma=true&si=En50wvSlKGMofs4d%252Fdsw69LOO1g%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

GI JOE international heroes. I bought these at a discount store when I visited Ireland in the early 90s. I'm pretty sure it was a "pound/$" store. They seem like they should be bootlegs, but they are a legit Chinese release for an international market.

Got a "like new" Dark Souls II Black Armor Edition (ps3) with steelbook, soundtrack, slip cover, and unused code for $20 today at a local thrift store.

I went to my first Half Price Books and Savers stores today! They seem so much cleaner and organized than goodwill. I picked up Adventure Time Volume 2 book for $4.99 and some pokemon chapter books for my son to start reading.

I will be visiting them again for sure!

Not a huge find, but picked up an 7 meter Impact Acoustics Sonic Wave HDMI/DVI interface cable for $2.  This same one here.  The thing is very heavy duty and more worthy of the hefty price-tag, unlike the crap that Monster has become.  

I swear someone was just talking about these. Maybe it was something else. Anyway, picked up these 3 boxes for 6.99 a piece, and there were 4 total! If anyone is interested let me know, otherwise I'm selling them.

Already mentioned this briefly in the yard sale thread, but I picked these up over the weekend at my local GW for $25. Pretty excited about Xenogears and Chrono Cross is a present for a friend.

bread's done
Back