2014 Yardsale thread

Ya, if it was complete I might have grabbed it but not system only. It did get me looking around for games though, haha. Sadly none.

anyone know if this is a good deal or not? A person is selling the following:

PS3 Slim 160GB with box in excellent condition - GT Logitech steering wheel and pedals (needs power adapter. Sold for 8 dollars one ebay) - Headset + earpiece - PS Eye Camera - Skate 3/GT 5 - Stand - All necessary cables for system, plus HDMI cable - Two Controllers. $165

He may reduce it. Whats a great offer I should be asking?

[quote name="The Punisher" post="11839131" timestamp="1402635040"]anyone know if this is a good deal or not? A person is selling the following:

PS3 Slim 160GB with box in excellent condition - GT Logitech steering wheel and pedals (needs power adapter. Sold for 8 dollars one ebay) - Headset + earpiece - PS Eye Camera - Skate 3/GT 5 - Stand - All necessary cables for system, plus HDMI cable - Two Controllers. $165

He may reduce it. Whats a great offer I should be asking?[/quote]If you want it I would say $150 is ok.

If you want it I would say $150 is ok.
I just want the ps3 console. I picked up a move champion bundle for $15 from sears and fallout 3 for $2.50 at big lots. Want to start building a ps3 collection. The extra stuff is nice, but im not a fan of driing games unless its burnout revenge

[quote name="The Punisher" post="11839163" timestamp="1402636031"]I just want the ps3 console. I picked up a move champion bundle for $15 from sears and fallout 3 for $2.50 at big lots. Want to start building a ps3 collection. The extra stuff is nice, but im not a fan of driing games unless its burnout revenge[/quote]The Ps3 and the controllers alone are worth $150 right now. It's a good deal imo. You can always get what you want, and sell what you don't.

Ps3 has a great library of games.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Ps3 and the controllers alone are worth $150 right now. It's a good deal imo. You can always get what you want, and sell what you don't. Ps3 has a great library of games.
I was thinking of getting House of the dead overkill. Is that better on wii or ps3?

What other games would u recommend?

[quote name="The Punisher" post="11839175" timestamp="1402636313"]I was thinking of getting House of the dead overkill. Is that better on wii or ps3?

What other games would u recommend?[/quote]I've never played any House of the dead game so I can't help you on that.

Recommendations:

Uncharted 1,2,3
The Last of Us
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit
Batman Arkham City
Split Second

I didn't had too much games so that's some games that I played. I heard Vanquish, Little Big Planet and Resistance series is good. I was too little to afford my own games at the time so I wasnt able to dig into its Library as I would like to. Lol

I've never played any House of the dead game so I can't help you on that. Recommendations: Uncharted 1,2,3 The Last of Us Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Batman Arkham City Split Second I didn't had too much games so that's some games that I played. I heard Vanquish, Little Big Planet and Resistance series is good. I was too little to afford my own games at the time so I wasnt able to dig into its Library as I would like to. Lol
thanks

Blah - pretty high chance of rain tomorrow and there is suppose to be a townwide sale with like 50+ houses. I'll have to see how it is in the morning.

Do you guys usually bother going out if it is raining?

I would think that maybe you could get something nifty, depending on how hardcore the people in your area are. People don't want to go out, so less competition for the good stuff...people want to go back inside, so more willing to give you a better deal. It makes sense in my head! Also not liable if you catch a cold. 

Today's stuff

Sansui 26" HDTV- $25

Dell stuff- $10

Game Boy stuff- $5

Golf bag- $15

H8pNJKA.jpg

YH0FOP1.jpg

CNUHEVn.jpg

Gysy8WZ.jpg

Hit up a community yard sale today that I usually have luck at. I think this is the first year they did Fri-Sat instead of just Saturday. Also, it's to rain in a little bit, so I was surprised there were a decent amount of sales.

Star Fox Command: $2 (CIB, was in a stack of about a dozen DS games, the rest of which were all girly kid games like Dora)

MLB The Show 08: $1 (was in a plastic tote with about 20+ games, all of which were sports/hunting/military)

Also, found an old pamphlet book from the 70's on the history of my old county/town. It's sponsored by the local bank, but the beginning had stuff on the Indians in the area. It was a quarter, so I grabbed it.

The yard sale with the sports games also had DJ Hero for $5 (game and gimmick). I've sort of wanted to play it, but passed for now.

Side note: I was a bit surprised at the amount of VHS tapes. I must've stopped at four or five sales that had close to 50 tapes each. I might've seen 20 DVDs total, nothing remotely interesting. In the past, I've always had good luck with DVDs there. Might hit them up tomorrow afternoon. The last few years, there were several yard sales that just started putting everything out for free.

[quote name="Bing147" post="11839939" timestamp="1402676720"]Didn't go out this morning. Stayed in to set up my new Wii U. So far I'm loving it.[/quote]It's a great console. I even play it more than my 3ds. The only problem is the third party support, but the great first party games (and exclusives) make up for that.

I had a pretty good weekend eventhough I missed a NES and $2 wii games. I was told I was the 3rd person to ask about video games when I hit a sale 15 minutes after they opened.

On the bright side:

I got a find today that will be a keystone in one of my collections. It isn't the first one I've bought, but it is definitely in the best shape...

CIMG2101.jpg

Not sure exactly where to put this, but I worked out alittle trade with a buddy of mine that also yard sales and thrifts. Now

these are only boxes and manuals, but I do have a bunch of these, and looking for the rest. I do have Conkers, Ocarina of Time,

and Melee which are a few of the better ones

oh and i forgot the video, here it is:   http://youtu.be/aBoiWkJUCDY

CIMG2101.jpg

Not sure exactly where to put this, but I worked out alittle trade with a buddy of mine that also yard sales and thrifts. Now

these are only boxes and manuals, but I do have a bunch of these, and looking for the rest. I do have Conkers, Ocarina of Time,

and Melee which are a few of the better ones
I have Wario Land 3 if you wanna pick it up (or trade or something).

I took my own advice and went out in spite of it being rainy/cold (in June, what?). Went to a few sales and found nada except for the usual Guitar Hero titles for different consoles, but then I went to a sale that had actually advertised video games. Turns out the guy running it does a lot of sailing himself and he was selling what he couldn't be bothered to sell or didn't want to keep. No wonder I never find anything :p But he was cool and supportive and told me that I would eventually find some good stuff and I should keep trying.

I picked up:

Mario Golf N64 cart only $2

Dr. Mario Gameboy cart only $1 (I know, I overpaid, but I have an original Gameboy with the box so whatever, why not)

Panzer Dragoon II Zwei Sega Saturn complete $2 (thinking this is a pretty good find, no?)

Battalion Wars Gamecube complete $2 (thought this was rare but no, guess not)

Lost Kingdoms II Gamecube complete $2

So $9 for a variety of games that I mostly can't play because I don't have a Saturn, N64 or a Gamecube controller for my Wii. At least now I have more stuff to look for when I go out, and hey, I finally found some video games at a sale, yay me. He did say he had consoles but he was charging Amazon prices for them. I appreciated that he was up front about it anyway.

Welp finally broke the no finds streak. This one's more quantity less quality though. Hit up probably 20 sales, left my number with 2 people. Most people said they didnt have games, had noone tell me they already sold some though! This was like the 16th sale so I was getting pretty desperate. I see a table with games- a bin of PS 1 and 2 games, a bin of Xbox and 360 games, and a few Gamecube games. These were individually priced.

Sitting in boxes to the side were NES, N64, and Atari games. I looked at the stickers and they each said $5! I said "how much would you take for the whole box of Nintendo games, these booklets, these 2 Xbox games, and the steering wheel?" We ended up with $55 for everything, which is not a steal but she said she had a SNES and games somewhere and would give me a call so that would sweet'n the deal. Wheel and Xbox games are complete, Shenmue even has the DVD. All the NES stuff I opened up and went to town cleaning with magic erasers. Havent tested them all yet. 

Found a big bag full of pokemon plush for $5...perfect timing since my son is going through the phase right now...didn't realize that some of them are actually worth something

Picked this up from a friend of the family. He payed too much for a lot on CL and just wanted to dump the stuff. I know most of it isn't working, but NES systems are usually an easy fix and I figured the shells were worth the money. (GC and at least 1 DC work, I haven't tested anything else though.)

$50

:bouncy:

more to come...

Nice score for all those nes's etc Reminds me of the completely f'd up CL ad for a nes for like 100-150 bucks i just saw.

But yeah nice one and mini psx's i see there. Nice. How much is working there?

I took my own advice and went out in spite of it being rainy/cold (in June, what?). Went to a few sales and found nada except for the usual Guitar Hero titles for different consoles, but then I went to a sale that had actually advertised video games. Turns out the guy running it does a lot of sailing himself and he was selling what he couldn't be bothered to sell or didn't want to keep. No wonder I never find anything :p But he was cool and supportive and told me that I would eventually find some good stuff and I should keep trying.

I picked up:

Mario Golf N64 cart only $2

Dr. Mario Gameboy cart only $1 (I know, I overpaid, but I have an original Gameboy with the box so whatever, why not)

Panzer Dragoon II Zwei Sega Saturn complete $2 (thinking this is a pretty good find, no?)

Battalion Wars Gamecube complete $2 (thought this was rare but no, guess not)

Lost Kingdoms II Gamecube complete $2

So $9 for a variety of games that I mostly can't play because I don't have a Saturn, N64 or a Gamecube controller for my Wii. At least now I have more stuff to look for when I go out, and hey, I finally found some video games at a sale, yay me. He did say he had consoles but he was charging Amazon prices for them. I appreciated that he was up front about it anyway.
I'd be interested in all of those(well except dr. mario) if you want to trade them

Long day - townwide yardsale day in my hometown. I hit up about 35 - 40 of the 100 sales. Went from about 745 - 1:30ish

I definitely overpaid more than normal for a few things - but I don't think I did anything stupid lol

$30

Toy Story 3 DVD/Bluray Combo

DC Joker Watch

GBA SP

Case

Pokemon blue and something else

Mr Potato Head - Batman Edition - new

Definitely paid more than normal - but I thought the GBA SP could just about pay for the other stuff. Going to gift the Joker Watch and Potato Head (I think).

$26

17 Transformers

1 Very big Transformer

Hulk Hands

Sonic Collection DS

Transformers DS

1 of the transformers includes a Darth Vader / Death Star that I thought was snazzy

$20

PSP w/ case about 5 games and 7 movies. I don't know if I overpaid. I don't know PSPs.

$10

10 PS2 games including Gauntlet Dark Legacy, DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 2, other DBZ games and some other randoms

Guy said almost all were bought up by dealers/game store guy earlier, except for those. Wonder what they took if they left these.

$20

Kingdom Hearts

Pokemon Gale of Darkness

Jak (the flying game for ps2)

4 Naruto Games

Mario Advanced

Dantes Inferno

Dead to Rights

and like 4 or 5 more games

handful of Bakugan

Few transformers and power ranger figures

Asked about games - these were brought out. There were some more left that I was going to get after putting down but some old lady just took all the left overs at once. Which was okay since most of them were pretty horrible. Not sure why she wanted them all.

$5

Lady and the Tramp Diamond Edition Blu-Ray

$4

Wii-Fit Plus NEW

$6

3x grocery store bags full of Batman, TMNT, He-Man, Spawn, and Power Ranger figures.

Axis and Allies

The figures are all newer probably early 2000's but will make good swap meet fodder on the ones I decide to get rid of.

Was told all the games was picked up by local game guy very early

Family of kids/young adults into comics - talking about IDW, New 52, etc

25 cents

Build a Dinosaur wooden set - teaching kids about cranks and pullies. New

$2

Gilmore girls season 1 dvd

Fresh Prince Bel-Air Season 3 sealed

$2

Dexter Season 1 sealed

Sealed Puzzle (buffalo) brand

$6

Optimus Prime Toy - like 2 feet tall

Wise Guy complete series on DVD

$2

Pokemon board game

$15

Up on DVD

Invincibles on DVD

like 5 collections of Looney Tune DVDs

War Documentary

Told me to come back for video games.

I went back after lunch and

$35

Mario Kart 3ds

Mario Kart DS

Mario Kart Wii

Smash Bros Wii

Mario Sluggers Wii

Mario Soccer Wii

Mario Galaxy Wiii

Paid more than I usually would but it was super later, they told me to come back, held the games, etc. etc.

Overall it was an okay day, but this townwide sale brought out the dealers. A few people told me that dealers and resellers were knocking on doors at 7 am asking about stuff (and video games).

There is a game store in the town and he is pretty annoying. He now puts "PAX EAST" on his business card like he is Gabe or Tycho. He also has a giant PAX East Sign outside the store which he added his name to. I really don't understand where the guy gets his stuff from actually. He has like 15 boxed N64's, more than one Earthbound, etc. I live in small town not on the highway so I doubt that many people come by to trade stuff in. Of the games I saw though for sale - most has his price tags on them. Crazy prices. People paying 45 for Mario Galaxy, Smash Bros Brawl, etc., but I guess parents with kids don't care.

To contrast my great day last week I had an incredibly aggravating day today. My town had a town wide and I went to all 42 sales. Every sale they go "no don't have video games", or the dreaded "someone just bought the whole bin for $5 15 minutes ago!"

So aggravated I was driving home and went past the very first house I went to who told me he didn't have games, to see an NES ROB set in the box, about 60 CIB NES, SNES and N64 games, GameCube with SSBM and LOZ Wind Waker spread out on their porch. Pulled over and ran up to the porch and started looking through until I heard "Get the fuck outta there thems are my Nintendo tapes!" Turned around to see a middle age man hobbling up to the porch to shoo me away.

I stood there and watched as he asked the seller what they wanted for all the games. They asked him to make an offer and he said $200 which the seller agreed to as I bit my tongue to hold back on offering them something fair like $500.

I gotta say today was a good day. First sale I found the GameCube games. Literally opened my door and launched out of the car. Next sale had a PSP and a Gameboy, said they had games but didn't wait around. The keyboard was probably the best find. Easy flip on ebay.

Not much today I went to a few sales but they were busts. I did pick up Battle for Middle Earth Anthology for $1 for PC its complete but missing a disk

To contrast my great day last week I had an incredibly aggravating day today. My town had a town wide and I went to all 42 sales. Every sale they go "no don't have video games", or the dreaded "someone just bought the whole bin for $5 15 minutes ago!"

So aggravated I was driving home and went past the very first house I went to who told me he didn't have games, to see an NES ROB set in the box, about 60 CIB NES, SNES and N64 games, GameCube with SSBM and LOZ Wind Waker spread out on their porch. Pulled over and ran up to the porch and started looking through until I heard "Get the fuck outta there thems are my Nintendo tapes!" Turned around to see a middle age man hobbling up to the porch to shoo me away.

I stood there and watched as he asked the seller what they wanted for all the games. They asked him to make an offer and he said $200 which the seller agreed to as I bit my tongue to hold back on offering them something fair like $500.
Had he already talked to the seller about claiming them or did he just shoo you away so he could get them? If it was the latter, I would have just told him to fuck off and proceed to make my own offer. With the seller telling you earlier in the day that they didn't have games, it sounds like he called before the sale started to stake a claim.

Picked this up from a friend of the family. He payed too much for a lot on CL and just wanted to dump the stuff. I know most of it isn't working, but NES systems are usually an easy fix and I figured the shells were worth the money. (GC and at least 1 DC work, I haven't tested anything else though.)

$50

more to come...
If you ever want to sell a NES/SNES system I would be interested. I have yet to find one that works (I've bought two about 5 years ago and returned them and have to find any since) and I don't trust myself to fix them and don't trust the sellers online for the most part.

I'd be interested in all of those(well except dr. mario) if you want to trade them
I think I am going to hold on to them for now. I have this kind of idea that maybe I'll finish up the summer with a good collection of consoles & games from the yard sales that I have hit and have yet to hit. I will keep you in mind though, in case it doesn't work out. For instance I doubt I am going to find a Saturn, but I found Saturn games so someone somewhere may have one, who knows.

I woke up late today and found an ad listing vintage game consoles for fifty cents. Whaaaaaaaaat. So I drove all the way out there (hour round-trip) to be told that someone bought all of them five minutes ago. The lady running the sale was very nice and let me pick out something for free since I came so far. She didn't have anything game-related but I picked up these very weird glasses/tray sets with a box that said they were made out of "Styron" like it was some big deal. I'm going to Google it and find out that it's a leading cause of cancer, but oh well, they were free.

I did get some Gamecube games at another sale closer to home that I went to on a whim. For once asking about video games did produce actual video games. A couple of the cases were empty but I got:

The Simpsons Hit & Run

Rayman 3

P.N.03

Metroid Prime (black label)

Gladius

Timesplitters 2

The Scorpion King

Crash Nitro Kart

Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2

Total cost: $5. Her: "Do they even make these anymore, haha." Me: "Oh my, who knows, haha. How much?" It wasn't until much later that I realized, hey genius. You should have asked her if she had the console still, or even some controllers. Oh well, still learning.

Here’s my yard sale pickups for this weekend:

Yoshi’s Island (SNES) - 20 cents
Mario Paint (SNES) - 20 cents
Super Punch Out (SNES) - 20 cents
Mortal Kombat 3 (SNES) - 20 cents
Joe & Mac (SNES) - 20 cents
2 Gamecube Controllers - $2 each
Wii Classic Controller - $2
Mario Kart Double Dash (GC) - $2
Tron Battle Grids (Wii) - $2
Diddy Kong Racing (DS) - $2
COP: The Recruit (DS) - $2
Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Battle 22 (PS1 Import) - $1
Nintendo DS Lite w/charger and Digimon Racing - $15
Andrew WK “The Wolf” - 25 cents
Dead Kennedys “Give Me Convenience…” -25 cents
Face to Face/Dropkick Murphys Split - 25 cents

The items on the right of the picture are just empty cases with manuals. I bought them, along with some GCN/SNES manuals and a GBA Wireless adapter, for $1 total.

qDyVZXz.jpg

Had he already talked to the seller about claiming them or did he just shoo you away so he could get them? If it was the latter, I would have just told him to fuck off and proceed to make my own offer. With the seller telling you earlier in the day that they didn't have games, it sounds like he called before the sale started to stake a claim.
No idea if he called earlier, but yes he was using the porch for all the things he was buying. So I guess in truth he got the games cheaper than $200 because he had toys and tools and random stuff as well.

Either way a pretty spirit crushing day.

Had a pretty decent day. Picked up an NES console and some games I traded to GS for WAY more than I paid. Stories and pics coming later today.

Misc 2014 catching up!

Just dance and Reno were $1 Outlander CIB was $3, happy meal toy free

$5 Tomb raider is sealed. Noticed this game is going up in value. $1 3do game

Paid $6 total for this stuff. blu is still sealed

more to come...

No idea if he called earlier, but yes he was using the porch for all the things he was buying. So I guess in truth he got the games cheaper than $200 because he had toys and tools and random stuff as well.

Since the seller asked him to make an offer and you were right there... I would have offered $250 right then and there....

Still BS that they told you earlier in the day that they had nothing.

I would have told the seller what it was actually worth and just driven the price up on the buyer. I have absolutely no issues with getting a great deal on something but no need to be a jerk about it. If you haven't paid for it, it's not yours. Until then it's free game, especially if you're trying the American pickers bundle move.

I disagree. If you've set it aside with the seller and said you're buying it is yours. No need to screw someone over.
This for the most part. If you are still present and making a pile, it should be yours. Though they shouldn't have lied about "not" having games.

If you hit their sale at 5 am when they are not open until 7 am, and you ask them told hold something for the whole day (like some landscapers do in my area), then I think that is a little much...especially if someone is there that is willing to buy your item.

I would only offer more if they were really lowballing the seller or if they were assholes to me, but I am a petty, petty man. LOL :rofl:

5-24-14

Went to a church sale and found this for $1. I think they bought the wrong wall charger for it. I was able to give it a full charge on my computer and I have used it a few times to make sure it worked. Seems like it is working just fine. TomTom XXL. Watch out world! Slow has technology!!

Your move. YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-GIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII-OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

$12 total

Thanks to the CAG that initially said these are worth money a few years ago. I think it was in the yard sale thread.

more to come...
That was probably me. I don't know Yugioh anymore but if you go to tcgplayer.com you could price the cards.

Konami doesn't make the duel disk toys anymore so you could probably sell them on EBay/Amazon for decent coin.

Long day - townwide yardsale day in my hometown. I hit up about 35 - 40 of the 100 sales. Went from about 745 - 1:30ish

I definitely overpaid more than normal for a few things - but I don't think I did anything stupid lol

$30
Toy Story 3 DVD/Bluray Combo
DC Joker Watch
GBA SP
Case
Pokemon blue and something else
Mr Potato Head - Batman Edition - new

Definitely paid more than normal - but I thought the GBA SP could just about pay for the other stuff. Going to gift the Joker Watch and Potato Head (I think).

$26
17 Transformers
1 Very big Transformer
Hulk Hands
Sonic Collection DS
Transformers DS

1 of the transformers includes a Darth Vader / Death Star that I thought was snazzy

$20
PSP w/ case about 5 games and 7 movies. I don't know if I overpaid. I don't know PSPs.

$10
10 PS2 games including Gauntlet Dark Legacy, DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 2, other DBZ games and some other randoms
Guy said almost all were bought up by dealers/game store guy earlier, except for those. Wonder what they took if they left these.

$20
Kingdom Hearts
Pokemon Gale of Darkness
Jak (the flying game for ps2)
4 Naruto Games
Mario Advanced
Dantes Inferno
Dead to Rights
and like 4 or 5 more games
handful of Bakugan
Few transformers and power ranger figures

Asked about games - these were brought out. There were some more left that I was going to get after putting down but some old lady just took all the left overs at once. Which was okay since most of them were pretty horrible. Not sure why she wanted them all.

$5
Lady and the Tramp Diamond Edition Blu-Ray

$4
Wii-Fit Plus NEW

$6
3x grocery store bags full of Batman, TMNT, He-Man, Spawn, and Power Ranger figures.
Axis and Allies

The figures are all newer probably early 2000's but will make good swap meet fodder on the ones I decide to get rid of.

Was told all the games was picked up by local game guy very early

Family of kids/young adults into comics - talking about IDW, New 52, etc

25 cents
Build a Dinosaur wooden set - teaching kids about cranks and pullies. New

$2
Gilmore girls season 1 dvd
Fresh Prince Bel-Air Season 3 sealed

$2
Dexter Season 1 sealed
Sealed Puzzle (buffalo) brand

$6
Optimus Prime Toy - like 2 feet tall
Wise Guy complete series on DVD

$2
Pokemon board game

$15
Up on DVD
Invincibles on DVD
like 5 collections of Looney Tune DVDs
War Documentary

Told me to come back for video games.
I went back after lunch and

$35
Mario Kart 3ds
Mario Kart DS
Mario Kart Wii
Smash Bros Wii
Mario Sluggers Wii
Mario Soccer Wii
Mario Galaxy Wiii

Paid more than I usually would but it was super later, they told me to come back, held the games, etc. etc.

Overall it was an okay day, but this townwide sale brought out the dealers. A few people told me that dealers and resellers were knocking on doors at 7 am asking about stuff (and video games).

There is a game store in the town and he is pretty annoying. He now puts "PAX EAST" on his business card like he is Gabe or Tycho. He also has a giant PAX East Sign outside the store which he added his name to. I really don't understand where the guy gets his stuff from actually. He has like 15 boxed N64's, more than one Earthbound, etc. I live in small town not on the highway so I doubt that many people come by to trade stuff in. Of the games I saw though for sale - most has his price tags on them. Crazy prices. People paying 45 for Mario Galaxy, Smash Bros Brawl, etc., but I guess parents with kids don't care.
You should report him to the Penny Arcade guys for using their trademark for profit.

You should report him to the Penny Arcade guys for using their trademark for profit.
I may have to do that. All he does is talk about PAX East. Its on his sign, business card, all over his store, the front window, etc etc etc.

From today:

$2.50

Kingdom Hearts

Cars DVD

Snow Buddies DVD

Sealed Mr. Bean DVD

Mickey's Christmas DVD

Happened to drive by one when getting lunch. Only yardsale I saw all day.

I've picked up 2 MadBallz recently at sales for like a quarter each (one yesterday and one 2 weeks ago). I didn't realize that they were worth like 20 dollars or so each. I just grabbed them because I remember them and thought they were funny. I've been keeping an eye out for more toys, action figures, and that kind of stuff this year. Even though I want to try to get to as many sales as possible, I don't want to miss out on cool things that might be worth money or just to have for myself.

Also - does anyone have any good and quick resources for figuring out PSP stuff. I now have 3 PSPs to play around with. I've never had a PSP (or VITA). I don't know which versions I have. I see online people are listing it by the versions (I'm assume for how easy it is to hack). I'm guessing 1 of them is from the Daxter pack since it has Daxter not for resale in the slot. One of hte others is also silver but had no games or anything so I don't know.

@Dokstarr, you can look at the UPC on the very bottom of the unit and where is says 1001, 2001, 3001 etc, that is where you will know the model. you can find more about that here: http://psp.about.com/od/hardwarefirmware/a/Psp-Specifications-for-all-models.htm 

Had a pretty good weekend myself! Here are the main highlights:

14441862443_c503dfa4e2_b.jpg

Probably the best find of the day. I headed to our local Vocational School's yard sale which is usually packed. However, I beat everyone there this time and picked up these 2 cool items.

Sansui Stereo Amplifier AU-7500
Sonic Racing Sonic Car

They listed total for $2.50 but she wouldn't budge to $2 even. I was thinking about picking up an original xbox for $10 but when she wouldn't budge on her price I decided to pass.

14420540354_507a2c6cc6_b.jpg

Picked these up strictly for trade fodder. The lady running the sale wanted $5 each and then when we realized that we knew each other she said I could take all 3 for $5. Ended up with:

Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel
The Walking Dead
The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct

14235221137_a27a64d023_b.jpg

his was a nice pickup especially with the trade I got on NSMB previously. The CDs were for the wife. Ended up with:

Craig Morgan Greatest Hits
Craig Morgan That's Why
New Super Mario Bros DS

I offered $1 for all the things together and they took it.

14235081118_47a92b01e3_b.jpg

This was a nice find. The kid that was selling them wanted $5 each which was reasonable but I offered him $5 for 2 and he took it. I picked up:

Rapala for Kinect (Sealed)
Disney Universe (Target Exclusive, Sealed)

I have never bought Skylanders before this sale in stores or at garage sales. So finding this mother load first sale is a win for me.

I pulled up to this sale and this 12 year old kid has the small figures listed at $1 and the Giants were $2. I ask the kid how much for everything. The mom chimes in "how about $30?" He seemed upset by his mom's offer. I ask if they had the game but he couldn't find it but found the portal. Anyway I knew that Skylanders were worth a lot more than that offer so I paid up. I get home and I find out that in the lot there is every figure, adventure set, and accessory from Sklander's Adventures along with a few from Giants. There are 56 figures and a bag so that comes out to about 54 cents a figure! Now I just need to get the cards for the figures and the game.

I remember when I booked Jello Biafra for his spoken word tour. Unfortunately I had to double book events, so I had to go to the concert and I didn't get to hear him speak/meet him.

bread's done
Back