2015 Thrift Store Thread -- Share Your Findings Here

Stopped by my local Goodwill

Found a decent PS2, gotta do some cleaning of it dust wise. It has most of its cords. $3.99

Blue PS2 controller $1.99 -- wanted one of these for a long time and it seems to be in workable shape.

Aladdin VHS -- $0.49 -- been looking for this for a while now.

Stopped by my local Goodwill

Found a decent PS2, gotta do some cleaning of it dust wise. It has most of its cords. $3.99
Blue PS2 controller $1.99 -- wanted one of these for a long time and it seems to be in workable shape.
Aladdin VHS -- $0.49 -- been looking for this for a while now.
I found those extension cords for ps2. I'm looking for one more ps3 controller for cheap.

I snagged a PS2 slim and California Speed N64 at Goodwill for a little over $6.  The PS2 did not have a controller, but it had a Sony 8MB cord and a Guitar Hero wireless guitar dongle.  Which I sold on Ebay for $12!!!

I believe I owe sp00ge a thank you (at least I think it was him) - I found four new and sealed microcassette recorders today. Three Panasonic RN-3053 sets and one Sony M-627V. Never would have thought to buy these if he hadn't posted his find a while back. I paid $5 each and all sell on eBay for around $100 each in new condition.

Few pickups today:

-Final Fantasy X (GH, no manual)

-Final Fantasy X-2 (complete)

-God of War (complete)

-Kingdom Hearts (disc only)

$3.75 for all - KH was in one of the other cases so I got it free. Also picked up a bunch of kids' toys (they were 50% off) and some books for cheap.

Found these at goodwill a week ago.

Yoshi's Island $4.99
Super Metroid $7.99
Snow Board Kids 2 $4.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing stellar, but picked up a pink GBA SP for $10.  It's one of the better backlit ones, and I just need to find a charger for it.

Also dropped by Salvation Army tonight and grabbed a near mint copy of Sports Night The Complete Series for 3.99.  Much to my delight, it's actually worth some money.  Now to keep it or sell it.

Found these at goodwill a week ago.

Yoshi's Island $4.99
Super Metroid $7.99
Snow Board Kids 2 $4.99
Snowboard Kids 2 is one of the last N64 games I need for the collection - awesome find.

I use to love the first one back in the day. I actually don't remember if it was actually that good or if I'm just remembering how I thought it was when I was young and didn't know any better.

I found Donald Duck Gone Quakers N64 and Tetris Magical N64 for about four a piec e. Last week I found Raving Rabbids travel in time for 5 dollars-wii.

Scored more N64 Games this afternoon at $8 a piece.

I also saw a bunch of N64 Games (Mario 64, Donkey Kong 64, Pokemon Stadium, Diddy Kong Racing, Clay fighters, Quest 64, Castlevania, etc.) @ $8 each and a complete N64 set for $50 at my Goodwill.

Pq7U0GW.jpg

[quote name="postaboy" post="12422854" timestamp="1421647081"]

Scored more N64 Games this afternoon at $8 a piece.

I also saw a bunch of N64 Games (Mario 64, Donkey Kong 64, Pokemon Stadium, Diddy Kong Racing, Clay fighters, Quest 64, Castlevania, etc.) @ $8 each and a complete N64 set for $50 at my Goodwill.

Sweet deal. My n64 collection is growing :)

I picked up a phat PS2 this morning for 9.99.  It plays both kinds of PS2 discs, but PS1 and DVDs are a no-go, so I'll probably be taking it back tomorrow.

I also found Pokemon Silver gameboy at the same store for 2.99.  Battery was dead, but that was a 5 minute job to swap.

20150119_145156.jpg

Goodwill pickup. Store was 35% off everything for the holiday, and 50% off blue sticker. Assassins Creed Unity PS4 came out to 20 bucks. NES Remix for WiiU 10 bucks, Pokemon X 3ds for 12, and the ps1 games 2.50 each.

Finally found something good this year to post about, picked up the boxed 1978 Simon (box is beat up, but unit is nice and fully functional) for $6, the original Star Wars Trilogy DVD (widescreen) box set for $15 (not the best deal I've seen, but good to me), but the best find was one of my favorite games of all time, FoA, just sitting there (near) complete for $2.

med_gallery_350075_7875_35602.jpg

Seriously I got giddy when I saw that box art on the shelf, so much nostalgia (even if it is the Mac version).

Here is my soon to be eBay pic, really don't want to sell it, but I don't collect PC / Mac games.  Having fun thumbing through the paper materials at least.

gallery_350075_7875_135388.jpg

I kept missing GTA V at Amazon Warehouse.  Dropped some stuff off at Goodwill they gave me a 25% off coupon, I told myself they had a GTA V for Xbone and went inside, nope only PS4 version.. . . . .wait what???  $30 plus tax. Target salvage, broken case but everything else was mint and included the bonus million bucks.  

Managed to get out today. Found a Keurig B60 for $7.99, works great, I usually just buy them when their cheap as my mother is always looking for them. Also picked up another boombox, nice Panasonic model. Did also get a Purple Game Boy Color for $9.99, only thing of note gaming related for the day.

Forgot pictures, threads boring without pics. I did also forget to post my NES and Game Gear finds from last week. Got the NES games for $3.99 each and all 3 Game Gear games for $3.99.

4IvhY9g.jpg

DOHhNzz.jpg

rfmmvPt.jpg

I found a Gameboy  this week also.  Mine is the OG model.  Works perfect and after 25% off it was under $5.  I still own my original, so this makes two.  Had to search hard for this as it was hidden behind a bunch of toys.

med_gallery_354731_8522_776723.jpg

The Pokémon game is from my small collection.  This is all I could find at the current time.  I know I have a few more hanging around the house.

med_gallery_354731_8400_364671.jpg

Stopped by another thrift later on my way home the same day and found this stuff.  Game and CD were $1.99 each.  Clash of Titans game looks like crap, but for $2 I'll give it a try.  Wanted the move gun to try with the Resident Evil arcade shooters I got free with plus a bit ago.  $3.99 for the gun.

med_gallery_354731_8522_24168.jpg

You guys wanna trade Goodwills???? I saw awesome deals like these today- $10 Zapper controller, $10 hologram Pokemon cards, $25 baggies of common Pokemon cards, and plenty of $35 Target return games......

http://youtu.be/kIxUd6fLHgM

Probably not gonna get to do alot of thrifting this week with the Blizzard of 2015 in the Northeast(supposed to get 2-3 feet of snow), but here's some live thrifting from this passed week if you guys want to check it out, or are stuck in the house like me the next few days.

Like, sub, comment and all that fun stuff, and stay safe if you are in the northeast like I am.

Aren't you a mailman? What happened to wether rain, sleet, hail or 3 feet of snow? Put those tire chains on and get that crap delivered. Seriously, stay safe during that nasty storm.
Hey I'd be out there, but they've officially closed down all the post offices in my area. They've shut down all the major roads, and no one is allowed out on the streets past 11pm or you get a fine, as per our politicians

Bought this for $5 as a conversation piece, then checked it up online and realized it was worth a few bucks, so it probably won't stay in my collection for too long. Good for a laugh, though. 

I remember when that first came out in the early 90s.  As soon as I saw it, the song from the commercial popped into my head. :lol:

I found a copy of Star Wars Battlefront II for Xbox $3 yesterday at  a small thrift and a couple of Rockband PS3 dongles for $2 each.  they should be a decent flip.

Got quite a bit of things through this month. Been frequenting my local Goodwill in town a lot, plus The Salvation Army... and over the past week I've been going to the Spartanburg Flea Market. Nothing entirely spectacular, but I scored this kick-ass Street Fighter II poster circa 1993, mostly unopened with the Kay-Bee Toys sticker. Best of all, I only paid $1 for it, so I was quite astounded to find this! My Salvation Army is kind of money-hungry. $4.99 for OutRun 2006 for the PSP is too much from a thrift store shopper's standpoint.

Pic of the SF2 poster (I don't think this one is too common):

WP_20150131_003.jpg

Had a pretty decent day today. Wasn't going to even go but was bored so i headed out. Ended up with all in the pics from a few different thrifts.

l7ZBsNz.jpg

Just found this (2015) thread. Nice finds people!

I guess I'll make my first "finds" post of 2015...

$1 each

Cropped out my hand and some of the titles. The RPGs were a no brainer, the others I picked up because they are either uncommon or have a decent value.

:bouncy:

more to come...

Oooo, that's a really nice little lot of Wii games there. Castle of Shikigami 3 is one of the things I'd love to find on one my thrift runs.

Oooo, that's a really nice little lot of Wii games there. Castle of Shikigami 3 is one of the things I'd love to find on one my thrift runs.
Thanks! Yeah, I don't remeber ever seeing that game or valhalla knights at retail (but I also never had a wii untilt last year and I haven't set it up yet). ;)

I wanted to set up my wii today, but my computer keeps crashing. I think it is firefox/vista 64 related, but I am working on it right now.

Not the greatest deals but some good games for decent prices. I've never played any of them so I will play them and then flip them when I am done with them for even or make a few bucks...Spiderman 2 was Goodwill and the rest were from 1/2 Price Books...All are complete with original cases and manuals.

.Hack (Infection) $14.99 (PS2)

.Hack (Infection) Strategy Guide $7.49

Silent Hill 2 $9.99 (PS2)

Parasite Eve $14.99 (PS1)

Spiderman 2 $1.99 (Xbox)

I picked up a little over 20 laserdiscs today. I barely beat a scanner to the stacks. Unfortunately I left a copy of "sidekicks", though ebay sold prices show it is not worth as much as it is listed for on amazon. They don't have wifi, so I was running blind (no I do not have a data plan).

I'll post if anything is worthwhile from the stack. They were 1.99 each, but I had my 25% off birthday coupon from 2 years ago. lol

I picked up a little over 20 laserdiscs today. I barely beat a scanner to the stacks. Unfortunately I left a copy of "sidekicks", though ebay sold prices show it is not worth as much as it is listed for on amazon. They don't have wifi, so I was running blind (no I do not have a data plan).

I'll post if anything is worthwhile from the stack. They were 1.99 each, but I had my 25% off birthday coupon from 2 years ago. lol
I seriously love laser disc. My friends family had stacks of those when I was little thanks for the good memory.

I seriously love laser disc. My friends family had stacks of those when I was little thanks for the good memory.
I just finished going through them. The two standouts are "Explorers" with Ethan Hawke and the kid from goonies (about $20) and Spice World which says it has additional concert footage($30+). Everything was in decent shape, so I am happy with them.

Last time I bought Laserdiscs, I got stuck with quite a few of them. Even the ones that showed value took a while to sell. I did pick two up recently (out of a stack of 100 or so) at my local Goodwill for $0.49 each - THX 1138 (original cut) and Ninja Turf (didn't seem to have had a DVD release). I'm not sure the enthusiast market is there yet for Laserdiscs, but I could be totally wrong.

I do always keep my eyes out for them, though - I know the Godfather set where all the movies are edited together is worth a ton.

Last time I bought Laserdiscs, I got stuck with quite a few of them. Even the ones that showed value took a while to sell. I did pick two up recently (out of a stack of 100 or so) at my local Goodwill for $0.49 each - THX 1138 (original cut) and Ninja Turf (didn't seem to have had a DVD release). I'm not sure the enthusiast market is there yet for Laserdiscs, but I could be totally wrong.

I do always keep my eyes out for them, though - I know the Godfather set where all the movies are edited together is worth a ton.
It's similar to the VHS market. There are a few gems, but a lot of them are junk. I think they are a little more collectable because they basically look like records. I think if someone had a storefront, they could get $5-$8 each for common ones.

Because of the size and weight, they are difficult to ship, so I probably wouldn't bother with anything that sells for under $20 on ebay/amazon.

You can make money on anything if you market it correctly, but most of the time it isn't worth the time investment.

I created a whole new market on ebay with 1 item that I had listed (and sold many times) but once everyone copied my listings, the cash grab was over.

I wish I had the sell skill. The best I could do is a local meet up which wouldn't be ideal since I work FT. I also live at home so don't have a lot of room. I should collect to make money which my Mom gets after me for. Nice pickups on the laser discs.

I wish I had the sell skill. The best I could do is a local meet up which wouldn't be ideal since I work FT. I also live at home so don't have a lot of room. I should collect to make money which my Mom gets after me for. Nice pickups on the laser discs.
If you can find enough stuff throughout the year, local anime conventions are a great place to sell movies, games, and toys. Many of them will charge $300+ for a booth, but I always make that back in spades.

Picked up some Dreamcast and Psone games at Animal Humane's local thrift today for $3 each. The volunteer(s) who sorted the donations put the Dreamcast games (and a few older PC games) in the wrong bin with the music CDs. They had Soul Calibur but someone swiped the disc and left the case. Don't have a Dreamcast (yet), a local collectibles shop sells them for $30.

Rayman 2: The Great Escape (DC)

Star Wars Episode 1 Racer (DC)

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater (DC)

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 (DC)

Virtua Fighter 3tb (DC)

JetMoto 2 (PSone)

Ten Pin Alley (PSone)

Wheel of Fortune 2nd Edition (PSone)

Edit: Added pic

DC-PS1Games.jpg

bread's done