2017 Thrift Store Thread -- Share Your Findings Here

Interesting find today. About 5 minutes after walking in to my old regular GW, a cart came out with a bunch of anime looking and plain white boxes.

They were all Cardfight Vanguard cards, a ton of them. I know nothing about them, but for $30, I figured it was worth the chance.

Almost all cards are in protectors, duplicates bundled together. The person that owned this stuff easily spent 1000s of dollars on it.

The only things I passed on were a few boxes with empty protector cases. Those all got snatched up by a neckbeard about 10 minutes after I threw those back into a cart.

Now comes the fun of looking up each card type. Why do I do this to myself?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
If years of playing Yu-Gi-Oh! has taught me anything, it's that that collection of cards is either worth a fortune or 5$; nothing in between. Though, the fact that these seem to have come from a pretty heavy collector makes me think it'll be the former.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting find today. About 5 minutes after walking in to my old regular GW, a cart came out with a bunch of anime looking and plain white boxes.

They were all Cardfight Vanguard cards, a ton of them. I know nothing about them, but for $30, I figured it was worth the chance.

Almost all cards are in protectors, duplicates bundled together. The person that owned this stuff easily spent 1000s of dollars on it.

The only things I passed on were a few boxes with empty protector cases. Those all got snatched up by a neckbeard about 10 minutes after I threw those back into a cart.

Now comes the fun of looking up each card type. Why do I do this to myself?
Had a similar find myself a few years ago. Bought around 10,000 yugioh cards for $10 at a garage sale. My kids spent the summer playing and looking at the art. Money well spent.
I would guess since they're in protectors there are some decent cards in there

Hori Fighting Stick Mini $6, GTAV $6, NCAA Football 14 $6, Goldeneye 64 $6, and Resident Evil 2 $6

Had a horrible experience at this goodwill store. Saw GTAV, NCAA Foobtall 14 and a bunch of other 360 games on a cart that just got rolled out onto the floor. I noticed all of them had mailing tape on it which prevent me from checking out the condition of the disc.  I opened up GTAV and NCAA Football 14 with my car key and the discs appear to be in very good shape. Long story short. I got in trouble for opening it up and I had to buy the two opened games because the manager of the store thought all of the 360 games were all brand new/sealed. I was told don't do it next time or get ban from this store location for doing it again. Shit. The manager wrote "AS IS. No returns." on the purchase receipt lol.

fa0245d060.jpg

fa0252cbe2.jpg

fa025715f7.jpg

Great Shatner's ghost! That is a slammin' deal on that Hori stick. I'm not a huge fan of their products, but for six clams I'd definitely bite.

[attachment=26784:disposable wii.png]

I just found this in the free box outside the local church thrift. One of the workers was pretty sure it was meant for the donation bin and put in the free box by mistake, but she let me keep it for a $2 donation. It came with the Tiger Woods golf game and two GameCube memory cards, which were quickly fed into the GameCube I've got perched on a shelf in my computer room.

Okay, let's say for the sake of argument that it was put in the free box on purpose, and that it works (I haven't tested it yet). That puts the Wii in the running as the most disposable game console ever. Jennifer Strange must be angrily shaking her fist from heaven.

Had 2 carts upfront the other day with DVDs, some BluRays, and PS1/PS2/360/Xbox games on it. Nothing amazing. Grabbed these for $3 apiece since theyre complete and the discs are in great shape.

Got off early from work. Thought I thrift in the mean time till traffic die down. 6 Wii games: Mario Kart Wii, Super Smash Bros Brawl, Monster Hunter Tri 3, Mario & Sonic Olympic Games + Winter, and Super Mario Galaxy. $3 each. All complete and discs were mint. 

LdfqwRy.jpg

So which of you cager donated these strategy guides? You donated some good ones man. You could have traded them to Amazon. Saw a customer with Uncharted Drake Fortune, Star Ocean Last Hope International, Zelda Windwaker, Ocarina 3D, Bloodborne CE, Dark Souls 2 I think, Mass Effect 3 CE, etc in his cart.

uIPDxqn.jpg

So found out six months ago that the goodwill near me wont sell video game systems no more and will ship them all to another store like 20-30 miles away. They also jacked the games prices up they used be 2 for 5 now it 2 for 7.50.  Starting This week they changed it again they won't sell video games at that store no more at all cause other store says only they can sell them.

So found out six months ago that the goodwill near me wont sell video game systems no more and will ship them all to another store like 20-30 miles away. They also jacked the games prices up they used be 2 for 5 now it 2 for 7.50. Starting This week they changed it again they won't sell video games at that store no more at all cause other store says only they can sell them.
Translation: your store doesn't have someone to list on Shopgoodwill, so they ship the good stuff to another store that does.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Saw this coin-operated arcade machine about an hour ago. Fixer upper project? Too bad it doesn't fit in my CRZ. If you live in SOCAL, PM for the location. It's in the alley of an apartment complex about a block away from Goodwill.

kdAv7aL.jpg
ludGP8d.jpg
vUMlWEC.jpg
YtZgM2h.jpg

Nothing amazing for me in the last few weeks. I heard my local GWs are going to be carrying video game anymore. I did find Tekken  a few weeks ago sealed, a copy of Animal Crossing for 3DS for $6, and a few graphing calcs for $10 each

Was at my local Goodwill and noticed behind the jewlery case they had a sealed Gameboy....They wanted $500 for it. It was at that moment I realized my Goodwill is a POS.

Was at my local Goodwill and noticed behind the jewlery case they had a sealed Gameboy....They wanted $500 for it. It was at that moment I realized my Goodwill is a POS.
The worst parts about that are 1.someone actually donated it to Goodwill and 2.GW didnt pay a penny for it and they want over top dollar! My GW has had a "Vintage 1960s 3 wheel Desoto bike with basket" for $150 the past week.........its rusty, paint from the labels is chipping, its got newer tires and brakes, the metal basket looks newer than the rest of the bike, ...........oh yeah did I mention they want 150 fuck n dollars?! Greedwill at its finest! Member when they use to price to sell? Yeah....I barely member....

So found out six months ago that the goodwill near me wont sell video game systems no more and will ship them all to another store like 20-30 miles away. They also jacked the games prices up they used be 2 for 5 now it 2 for 7.50. Starting This week they changed it again they won't sell video games at that store no more at all cause other store says only they can sell them.
Found out recently our local stores are going to do this as well

Almost had a heart attack. Thought it was a mini NES classic from a distance lol.

IMG_3620.jpg
Same thing happened to me at the flea market a couple weeks ago. Walking by a vendor and glanced at a six-switch Atari 2600. Jaw dropped thinking it may be a heavy sixer -- the initial run Atari. Took a closer look and saw "Tele-Games" on the front. Oh well. I say to the vendor, "Man, I thought you had a heavy sixer there for a moment. He said, "It is a heavy sixer!" Yeah, my ass it is. Lol

Telegames is the Sears branded Atari's and they had a heavy sixer model as well.
I didn't know that. The sides also weren't consistent with a heavy sixer.

Edit: Stopped by GW during lunch. Picked up:

The Crazies DVD (the original George Romero film) $1
Megadeth-That One Night Live in Buenos Aires DVD (sealed) $1

Vision "Little Worse Than a Man" graphic novel $0.10
Disney's Aladdin Colorforms book "The Genie's Gift" (all colorforms are present) $0.10
"Hitman:Damnation" book (prequel to Absolution) $0.25
"Aikido:Tradition and New Tomiki Free Fighting Method" book $0.25

Found a minty copy of the Weird Al Yankovic in 3D CD at the local Sally's for $0.50 for my 14-year-old son.

I also took him to his first R movie today, Baby Driver, which is also his third Edgar Wright flick (after Scott Pilgrim and Shaun of the Dead). Awesome flick. The use of music is amazing and the car chases are bananas. Highly, highly recommended.

Been kinda dry with work and life. I found at goodwill a nintendo wii white console with box priced at $11.99 in the back of electronics area. It didn't have the video cables and the controller. The funny thing is that this was really clean vs the other wii on the glass display at the front store with a gamestop sticker on it. They were asking the gamestop one for $45 probably due to extra accessories. Anyway. Talk them down to $5 for the one inside the box

Nintendo wii $4.99
Truck carry storage orangizing bin $4.99

Beatles RB complete game, Rickenbacker guitar, dongle- $10..............game looks unused, guitar lights light up, dont have a PS3 to test it

Pink TI84 Silver Edition Graphing Calculator- $15.....works great, very clean, no scratches

iI3aa5s.jpg

Got off early and found me a brand new/sealed Jurassic Park World Zoomer Dino Collectible Robotic Edition for $15.  I think it was one of the hottest toys to get for christmas 2015. I'm still debating if I should give it to nephew this xmas or add it to my collection.

3pk5A70.jpg

rNxvq12.jpg

The Dark Knight Rises Blu/DVD/UV seeeeeealed for $2.99.

The Hobbit 3D Blu/Blu/DVD/UV opened for $2.99. (for my nephew)

Gaming wise I let everything sit ...a copy of Madden 96 for the Genesis in the box, some DS games (mostly girly stuff), two PS2 controllers, Tony Hawk Shred for Wii and some PS2 title that I've forgotten the name of in the past 4 hours.

Picked up a book, a TV antenna, an owl figurine (I collect them), a UNM Lobos T-Shirt and a 10-pk of DVD+R discs. As far as gaming related items I found a copy of Dead or Alive 3 for the OG Xbox. It is CIB and the disc doesn't look too bad.

My son is starring in a local production of Aladdin as Aladdin and I visited the local Sally's looking for a cheap copy of the movie soundtrack... and actually found a copy. CDs were $0.50 each.
50df8ac8917fc7a255761333b0ea2b8f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Found some cool stuff at GW the other day. $1 for the PS2 Slim ac adapter, missing the power cord but I think I have extras. Games were $3 apiece- Soul Blade PS1 Greatest Hits no manual, Chocobos Dungeon 2 PS1 Black Label no manual, and a complete copy of the 2 disc Sonic Adventures for Dreamcast

0lAQRxX.jpg

One of our locally owned thrift stores is going out of business. Ended up getting a used Mountain bike wheel and a few xbox games for $2.50 a piece
Black
Max Payne 2
Timesplitters 2
Just cause

All games I either wanted to play for the first time or play again. Left a couple hundred other games and might go back tomorrow for their last day of business

Never thought I would ever find a copy of Granstream Saga in the wild. Had a lot of fond memories playing it back in high school.

DSC02982.jpg

Someone donated quite a few PS1,PS2, PS3, 360, PC, and Wii games to the local GW. Nothing I couldnt live without or flip worthy though. They had 3 white console only Wiis for $9 apiece, 2 were missing the Gamecube port covers. All looked pretty dirty and I just wasnt feeling cleaning/testing them tonite so I left them. Still pondering maybe picking them up. There was a filthy Wiimote for $3 and a baggie with 2 nunchuks for $2, one had the rubber grip peeled of the stick. .............just imagining how I couldve probably got these for real cheap had I gone yardsale'n last weekened and asked for games, bet they were set out at one!

Found some cool stuff at GW the other day. $1 for the PS2 Slim ac adapter, missing the power cord but I think I have extras. Games were $3 apiece- Soul Blade PS1 Greatest Hits no manual, Chocobos Dungeon 2 PS1 Black Label no manual, and a complete copy of the 2 disc Sonic Adventures for Dreamcast

0lAQRxX.jpg
Nice score on Sonic Adventures. If I were you, I would test it out to make sure it works.

About 5 years ago my goodwill had like 22 copies of Sonic Adventures DC. This Goodwill was located about 3 miles from Konami headquarter so I assumed these were donated by them. All sealed and brand new. I bought 7 copies at $5.99 each, ones without crack on the jewel case. I ended up selling 1 on Amazon and another to a CAGer to cover my costs for them. My plan was to to keep 2 for collection purposes and flip the other 3 in the near future for major profits. Just say I got a message a week later from the CAG member & Amazon customer saying the game is defective. I was like "WTF" so I opened a copy and tested it on my dreamcast and the game wouldn't load at all. I was like how Konami knows it's defective. Well I ended up refunded the buyers and told the buyers to keep the game. I was going to return the rest to GW for store credit but the manager wouldn't do it because of their 7 days return policy. I think I sold the 5 copies (4 sealed, 1 opened) to a CAG members.

My recent Goodwill Outlet finds 

So far I've found NES Super Mario 2 & 3 along with Zelda at the Goodwill Outlet. Never see shit like this in the retail store. Crazy.

'89 TMNT Figures

1977 Star Wars Coca-Cola Promo Darth Vader Poster

NEW/SEALED Nintendo Brand GameCube Platinum Controller $5.99
PS4 Need for Speed Rivals & Call of Duty Advanced War $8 each
NEW/SEALED Batman The Dark Night Part 2 Blu-ray $3

gIidB1Z.jpg

bread's done
Back