2018 Yard Sale / Flea Market Finds

Dropped my buddy off last week after yard sailing together and he goes to another community sale calls me a few mins later saying this guy has a Mario Kart 64 box for $5 in good shape told him to buy it. Today’s the first time I saw it.

[attachment=30203:539B3636-54BF-4686-A60E-87CE1515E8CC.jpeg]

As for today hit a flea market and 4 community sales but things started pretty slow video game wise. Picked up this box of ps1/ps2 stuff for $3. Lady was a gamer seen my fallout shirt and said she just started playing it.
[attachment=30204:7A57F268-E426-408E-BD72-F1A1C19A6770.jpeg]

Last community sale got pretty lucky. First guy brought out a box of ps2/ps3 games mainly sports so I picked up the ps move set with charger and camera for $5. Another guy had the complete in box GBA SP with games for $1. Said he also had the boxes for the games but never found them. Star Wars and 007 were $1 each. Last sale really saved the day.
[attachment=30205:D163B14C-CE09-46A3-8448-B2C206ACECA9.jpeg]

This past weekend was a big biannual flea market that my wife and I always hit up together. The main goal is to get clothes for the kiddo, but I usually find some games while I'm there, too.

A guy had a crate of PS1 games and I grabbed the ones on the bottom of the pic. They were supposed to be $2 each, but the seller offered to let me take the rest of the crate for $10, so I just took the lot of them. Minecraft: Story Mode was $5, and the PS2 is supposedly broken but for $5 I figured it was a worth a shot if only for the controllers.

eCISzbq.jpg

Lwnk5iM.jpg

Haven't posted in a while, but...

Mother's Day weekend I found the Scooby Doo Wrestlemania DVD for $1, two CDs (50's/60's compilation and a late 90's dance compilation) for 50 cents each, and two Puma shirts for $1 each, both like new. (Saw a DS for $40, but it came with Donkey Kong Country (GBA) and a MLB DS game with it, so I passed. Also, a bunch of flat screen TVs. Most at reasonable prices, but I didn't feel like lugging them home as I walk.)

EDIT: Forgot, also found a Bad Dog retro Wii controller at one for $2.

Yesterday I found Thor: Dark World and Batman V Superman at one sale for $1 each. Didn't really care for that Thor, haven't watched Batman V Superman (but heard a lot of negative stuff), but figured the price was right.

Today I found The Incredible Hulk (from the animated series, like 4 episodes) for $1 and an XBox 360 wired controller for $1. Saw a big XBox 360 collection at another yard sale, but was told the disc drive was bad on the 360. It was that first design, though, so I didn't bother asking for a price. I don't have the patience or interest in dealing with red rings anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a ps2 slim ceramic white in box for $33. It turns on , but I can’t hear any sound like when u see the Sony entertainment pop up . I tried using the component cables from the last yard sale. Also tried with composite that came in the box. Also, the disc does not spin. Overall the console looks in excellent condition and hopefully someone here can help fixing the problem?

Got a ps2 slim ceramic white in box for $33. It turns on , but I can’t hear any sound like when u see the Sony entertainment pop up . I tried using the component cables from the last yard sale. Also tried with composite that came in the box. Also, the disc does not spin. Overall the console looks in excellent condition and hopefully someone here can help fixing the problem?

Maybe the laser needs adjusted?

No finds the last few weeks. I did hit up a thrift store and got a Gold Finger for PS1 and a GC mem card for $15. Gold Finger lets you play imports

For the disc spin thing, make sure the little tabs on the lid didnt break off. That happened on one of my Goodwill PS2s. Theres a tab that holds down the disc spin sensor.

Finds 5-26-18

There was a sale the next city over starting at 7AM advertising "games and systems" and they had a photo with a SNES and a N64 console.  Since I spend most of my time at work or commuting these days, I value sleep more than garage sales.  I also didn't want to travel the next city over at the ass crack of dawn to fight with 8-10 other people for what is probably just over priced systems and a few crap games.  I slept in until 9:30.

After I finally crawl out of bed and hit the road, I didn't expect to find much.  Hell, I don't find anything when I get up early.  I was wrong.  Found these at 10:30.

[attachment=30277:IMG_1503.JPG]

I was very surprised to see both the Digimon, and almost all the Crash games from PS1.  This was actually the first time I ran into PS1 or PS2 games in about a year.  Picked up Lego Rock Raiders just because I had never seen it before.

$2 each.

Everything that I have found over the past month, all but eight of the Xbox original games, and the GBA were found today

Blu-Rays:

Iron Man 1 sealed for .50

Walking Dead season 5 for $3

Lars and the Real Girl (DVD) for $1

GBA SP (001 model), with no charger, guy said he wasn't sure that it worked for $2

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Coming out of their Shells cassette tape for .50

approximately 100 vintage Pokemon cards for my brother for $10

Then the games:

Xbox original:

Time Splitters 2

Project Gotham Racing

Blinx

Sonic Mega Collection +

Sonic Heroes

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

JSRF/Sega GT combo disc

Thrillville

Finding Nemo

all for $2 apiece

Star Wars: Republic Commando

The Incredibles

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

KotoR 1

Gun

LotR: Return of the King

for $1 apiece

XBox 360

Forza Horizon

Nat Geo: America the Wild

NHL13

For a quarter apiece

XBONE

Resident Evil 4 $1

PS1

Soul Blade $2

PS2

State of Emergency $2

Wii:

Wario Land Shake it

Transformers: Cybertron Adventures

for a buck apiece

Carnival Games

Wii Sports/Wii Sports resort

New Super Mario Bros Wii

Island Sports Party: Summer Sports 2

Barbie Horse Adventure

NHL 2k10

ABC Wipeout 2

Mario and Sonic at the Olympics

All for .25 apiece

So a Meh. month was made up for by today.

My best deal so far. $50 for everything.

0McR8Au.jpg

Also got this for $25. No power cable. Lady said she thinks it's at her sons house and will call me when she finds it. Apparently it might have disc reading issues.

YIswWsJ.jpg

Lots of sales this weekend but it turned out to be a crapfest.

[attachment=30304:IMG_1506.JPG]

The Genesis games, Gameshark v2.1, Zero Divide, Blood Omen 2, Silent Hill 3 and FM were $1 each.  SNL CD was $2, Time Crisis was $3, Air Conflicts Double Pack was $2 and The Sopranos season 4 was $5.  The Hulk was an extra found in the Zero Divide case.

I thought this wasn't too bad although the Blood Omen and Silent Hill had been rained on, damaging the sleeves.  Then I also realized the games inside were not correct; Blood Omen 2 actually had Blade II, and the Silent Hill was actually only the soundtrack (apparently the case had been switched, only one disc holder or otherwise I would have noticed).  I was distracted and didn't check up closely on them.  Zero Divide is complete and minty.  The Genesis games were purchased for the cases.

[attachment=30305:IMG_1508.JPG]

I was eyeballing these drones at the TRU clearance but someone bought them out at 40% ($60).  I ran into this one less than a week later for $20. 

Four Sims 3 add ons. Late Night, Ambitions, Seasons and Fast Lane. $1 each. (My sister got the main Sims 3 from them as I had already picked it up else where and she also got Pets and a few stuff packs).

Princess Bride on DVD for $1, still sealed.

Cut to fit air conditioner filter for $2, still sealed.

Two shower liners for $1 each, still in packaging.

Four shelf tracks for 50 cents each.

Two shelf brackets that fit in those tracks (at another yard sale). Not sure their exact cost as everything was bundled everything for $2. Got those, one of those discontinued in the 90's plastic Aladdin mugs (Campbell's Soup logo) and some other stuff my sister picked up.

EDIT:

Stopped at some more today.

Mad Catz Gamecube controller (wired) for $1, red Deadpool "Tacos?!" shirt for $1 and a Pink Floyd shirt for $1 (Pink Floyd shirt is for my nephew).

Went to some sales today. God the Wii games for $2 each and Sonic 2 for 1. Plus there was a rummage sale in town. Filled up a bag for $2. Got a portable DVD player and a portable tv I think. Not pictured but found a Roku there as well.

uuxGMjX.jpg

AoE45nE.jpg

Not much today a few Wii and 360 games, a sealed madcatz GC controller, ps2 mem card, a 360 controller, and a PowerA ps3 controller.

That was all $25

Yesterday though Pokemon Alpha Sapphire, Kid Icarus, Animal Crossing 3DS, Links Awakening, Kingdom Hearts 3DS, Zelda Tri Force, Paper Mario, Scribblenauts DC, GTA CE for PS1, and a cart only Golden Sun for GBA for $30

I had an alright time yard saling this past Saturday, but for the amount of places I went to I was hoping for a little more. The GCN games plus Munchkin were $10, the Wii games were $4, Civ 2 was free, and Def Jam+Rambo+The Noid manual+the Sega stuff were $5. Turns out the little black box in the upper left is a battery pack for a Sega Nomad, so I now have a complete system. Huzzah! 

Huptg8A.jpg

Not pictured: a box full of wrestling DVDs for $5 that I picked up for a friend.

My post isn't as much about what I bought today as it was about what I didn't buy. I went to a yard sale and the lady had a box of 360 games. A few were uncommon like Need for Speed: The Run. Most were common like Call of Duty and sports titles. The games were marked between $5 and $15 each. I went out with $28 in cash to spend, so I offered her the whole $28. She told me that each of the games was worth $40, so she was giving me a deal. I said no thanks and left. It amazes me how people think that their old games are worth the amounts that they originally paid and that they don't depreciate.

By the end of the day, I had purchased a few other items at other yard sales:

Addicted to Love DVD - 25 cents
The Last Kiss DVD - 25 cents
The Hunger Games Catching Fire DVD - $1
The Hunger Games Mockingjay Pt 2 DVD - $1
Hot Wheels Star Wars Rebels Ghost ship (factory sealed) - 50 cents
Transformers Dinobots Grimlock Happy Meal toy (factory sealed) - $1

Then I went to GameStop and bought complete copies of Bodycount, Blood Bowl, Section 8, and Velvet Assassin for $2.69 each. So, it wasn't a total loss of a day.

It amazes me how people think that their old games are worth the amounts that they originally paid and that they don't depreciate.
*nod* I ran into a stupid lady a few days ago who, after I asked how much she wanted for her Original Xbox, began flipping through her phone and said "It looks like they're selling for $100." and offered it to me for $80. I didn't have the patience to explain to her that the $100 price was probably for an Xbox One and that an old Xbox was worthless and sold for only about $30, including the shipping on eBay.

*nod* I ran into a stupid lady a few days ago who, after I asked how much she wanted for her Original Xbox, began flipping through her phone and said "It looks like they're selling for $100." and offered it to me for $80. I didn't have the patience to explain to her that the $100 price was probably for an Xbox One and that an old Xbox was worthless and sold for only about $30, including the shipping on eBay.
I've never understood why people will even bother to put out their items during yard sales if they think they're worth so much money. Like you said, the woman with the "$40 in value" Xbox 360 games shouldn't have bothered putting them on a table outside at 8 a.m. on a Saturday morning if she thought they were worth so much. GameStop or a pawn shop certainly wouldn't have given her what she had been asking. I figure that it must be clutter if you're selling it at a yard sale...or you're hoping that there is a sucker who is willing to pay your "fair" prices. I wanted to drive back by the house later on yesterday to see if she had sold any of the games, but I didn't want to waste the gas. SMH.

Ran into two people trying to sell Wiis with crap games for $100 yesterday.  A few weeks before that there was a lady trying to sell her son's 360 and 15 games (all Assassin's creed or COD) for $140.

Stuff from that generation should be going for no more than $2-$5 for games and $30 for systems at this point (less if it's Wii).

Case and point...got a wii with 2 remotes, warriors or rock guitar controller and 15 games for $15.

Ran into two people trying to sell Wiis with crap games for $100 yesterday. A few weeks before that there was a lady trying to sell her son's 360 and 15 games (all Assassin's creed or COD) for $140.
Stuff from that generation should be going for no more than $2-$5 for games and $30 for systems at this point (less if it's Wii).
Yeah, when I read others post, I’m wondering if these locations are slow/dead locations because I live in the dmv.

I want a Xbox 360 Star Wars or halo 4.

I've been as active on here but I've had some good luck Arby's the local estate sales and auctions. Bought a crap ton of GI Joes and did well with them. The goal this year is pay off the credit card and add to my cartridge collection by end of year

I've been as active on here but I've had some good luck Arby's the local estate sales and auctions. Bought a crap ton of GI Joes and did well with them. The goal this year is pay off the credit card and add to my cartridge collection by end of year
[attachment=30423:arbys.jpg]

All of the PS3/PS4 came with a 250GB PS3 Super Slim for $20. The controller that came with it has dog bites marks all over it surprised it still worked.

Xbox 360 Stuff was $10.

GBA Charger was $1.

[attachment=30431:20180620_181858.jpg]

X1 Kinect $5

Everything else was $1 each. My first time owning Japanese PS1 games.

[attachment=30430:20180620_181312.jpg]

The big score of the weekend. About 35 Nerf guns and bows with around 250 darts/discs. The lady told me $2 each or take the whole box for $20. I jumped all over that. 

[attachment=30429:Nerf.jpg]

[attachment=30428:20180618_200257.jpg]

[attachment=30427:20180618_195650.jpg]

Another sale this lady had a Xbox 360 Arcade with 20 games and 5 controllers (4 didnt have the backs) for $150. So I picked up the controller with the back and 4 games (GTAV, BO2, etc) and asked how much for these. She said shes only selling everything together. Your at a yard sale you would think some money is better then none. 

Stopped by a yard sale that had some random Nintendo handheld games from GBC up to DS for 50 cents each. A good bit of the GBA were those video carts, though.

Picked up...

Who Wants To Be A Millionaire 2nd Edition (GBC)

Hamtaro: Ham-Hams Unite (GBC)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (GBA) (Konami one)

Spongebob Squarepants: Revenge of the Flying Dutchman (GBA) ...This one had almost all of the label torn off, besides a tiny bit on the bottom left corner where you could see the E rating. Bought it as a gamble.)

ATV: Quad Frency (DS)

Rugrats: All Grown Up (GBA Video)

Saw a few other random games for PS3 and Wii as well as a few PC games like Spore, Shivering Isles (but no main Oblivion disc) and a boxed copy of Dungeon Master II: The Legend of the Skullkeep from the early 90's.

Really really wanted to go out today but I rolled my foot walking out of Walgreens the other day and this biatch is all fat today. I could only stand walking into my work to grab my tape to package up an Ebay box, walk down to the post office (theyre both in the mall), and back to my car! Grabbed some Taco Bell and now we're iced up!

Some recent finds...

2010 iMac with mouse/keyboard. Broken hard drive was the only issue. $40.

AQ7brXo.jpg

Found an unexpected solution for storing some of my newer controllers. Got this 3-tier desk shelf for free at a yard sale.

MiVAvF4.jpg

$10 for this Smash Bros controller

Kcv0xH1.jpg

$20 for these DS games

yEgZRqQ.jpg

Found a couple Nintendo handhelds labeled as ds's for $15 each. Ended up both being launch edition 3ds's one black and one aqua. She wanted and extra $20 for the chargers and a beat up carrying bag. Really wanted the chargers and still would habe been a great deal but i passed on principle... Plus i already have chargers.
Scratches on the cover but the screens look great, the cartridge slot works perfectly and now I'm downloading an update to the first one

Sunday was a pretty good day for flea markets! I was tempted into going to a semi-annual mega flea market by a craigslist post mentioning games, but that turned out to be mostly dealers. However, upon realizing the dealers were preoccupied I decided to check out the regular flea markets south of the city now that the competition was occupied. Between two markets down there I scored everything in the pic for $36.

zxl8Cwh.jpg

Nintendo 3DS & Games: $64. Took the games straight to Gamestop and got over $40 in credit lol.

PS3 Games: $20

zRExzbD.jpg

Went to A sale today..... saw a box with 6 Wii games and 6 PS4 games....all kids stuff. I think they were only $2 apiece, shouldve offered $10 for the box just to say I finally got something at a sale this summer! I asked about "older games" and the older lady mentioned having "Atari games" that she sold years ago. Her daughter, probably high 40s/low 50s, said "I didnt know people still wanted those old cartridge games. You are the first to ask us!". I guess thats a good sign!

Hit a community yard sale yesterday.

First yard sale...

Midway Arcade Treasures

Taito Legends

Capcom Classics Collection Vol. 1

All for the PS2. $1 each. (Have all of these for the XBox, but couldn't pass them up.)

The Dark Knight (Blu). $1 (Have it and Begins on DVD and Rises on Blu/DVD.)

GI Joe Countdown to Zartan (DVD). $1 again. (They had M.A.S.S. Device too, but I bought it at Ollie's.)

...after that it slowed down.

Weekend at Bernie's (.50). This is in one of those Kellogg's sleeves.

Family Guy Season 12. $2. Sealed and marked promo on it. Probably gonna gift it.

Saw some more gaming stuff, but nothing I was interested in. Wii games for $1 at one place. One guy had tons of PC games from the late 90's and early 2000's. Another place had XBox One games for decent prices, but my disc drive crapped out.

I recently picked up
Mario Party 8
Mario Party 9
Wii Party
Mario Kart Wii

All complete, all for $5 a piece.

My favorite find of the year so far is the DC vs Marvel Trade Paperback for $10.[attachment=30544:0858451E-31AD-4D58-AAA2-F3B443227508.jpeg]

Facebook friend of a friend posted a picture of some 360 sports games asking if anyone wanted them before he took them to goodwill. I said sure because I can always use extra cases. Went over to pick them up the next day and he let me know he and his sister had more game stuff they were just going to get rid of...it was four grocery bags worth of stuff.

Not counting the sports games, I got:

-Original Xbox with hookups and 4 controllers

-Gamecube with hookups and controller

-2 Wavebird controllers and receivers

-Gameboy Player and disc

-2 Logitech wheels and pedals for Xbox

-Gamecube memory card

-Sealed 360 Viva Pinata

-Sealed 360 Lego Star Wars 2

-Rayman 3 on Xbox

-Manuals and paperwork for the consoles

-some DVDs that will probably end up at the pawn shop.

Asked him more than once if he was sure he didn't want any money for the lot, but he kept saying no, he just wanted to get rid of it.

Picked up this 33 game, 2 controller, Gameboy Player, Gamecube lot for $75. Plenty of sport shovelware but Mario Kart Double Dash was the highlight of the group.[attachment=30570:537C6CF4-0C5B-4BBB-8F40-B61C59EA4362.png]

Interesting day today as I only hit a handful of sales and each sale has videogames.

The first sale, which I thought would be the only one I hit today, had a 80 Gig PS3 with 29 common games.  I picked it up for $45.

The second sale I bought a complete 360 Tekken 6 and Gears of Wars 2 limited edition for $4.

The final sale that I bought games at, around 1030 am, had some sports games.  The guy said people bought him out of everything else.  He was wearing an EA shirt so I asked him if he had some team only games (Tiburon is in the North Orlando area).  He said he had developer signed NCAA 10 PS3 and NCAA 11 PS2 that he sold me for $3.  We then talked games and he sold me a 2600 cart holder and a beat up cardboard Street Fighter 2 championship edition oversized arcade promotional sign for $1.  I asked him if he had anything else cool and he said he moved all his TG16 games (!) to his new house and that he would call me if he decided to sell them.  He then said he would be right back and came out with 7 TG16 games that he still had not moved.  I ended up with some sports games and 2 copies of Space Harrier and a copy of Tiger Road for $10.  Guy was pretty awesome and I hope he calls me about his TG16 stuff as he was moving within town.

It was a pretty cool yard sale day.  It seems last summer I acquired a lot of 360 lots but this summer PS3 lots are what consistently turning up.

I picked up a ps2. Any ps2 recommendations that still isn’t ported to other consoles?
I didnt really end up getting much. The final fantasy and kingdom hearts games, DragonBall z games and ssx. I think the only exclusive i have is. Colosseum. Haven't played it yet but looks really cool

Yard sales have been pretty much dead this year. I don't see any signs or anything. Searched craigslist last night before bed and I only saw 2 or 3 postings in a 20 minute radius.

This thread also seems to be much less active each year. Do you guys think yard sales are pretty much dying out? Do you use any other apps instead to find deals. Craigslist in general doesn't seem as popular as 5 or 10 years ago. I use OfferUp but it doesn't get much action it seems.

I find stuff on Letgo/Offerup. I see more garage sales via Facebook. The last year or so Ive bought more stuff at Garage sales that was supposed to be working, got home and it was broken

bread's done
Back