2018 Yard Sale / Flea Market Finds

Yard sales have been pretty much dead this year. I don't see any signs or anything. Searched craigslist last night before bed and I only saw 2 or 3 postings in a 20 minute radius.

This thread also seems to be much less active each year. Do you guys think yard sales are pretty much dying out? Do you use any other apps instead to find deals. Craigslist in general doesn't seem as popular as 5 or 10 years ago. I use OfferUp but it doesn't get much action it seems.
Wow, no. Not for me. I live in a metropolitan city, and while, for some reason the city itself doesn't have more than a dozen yard sales each week, I can usually find around 50 individual (meaning I'm not counting community sales as each individual one) yard sales posted on CL throughout the neighboring cities. For how many of them I actually go to, it depends on how much I'm willing to drive and how much cash I'm carrying that day.

I have purposly slowed down on garage sales because I need to have one of my own!  I'm finding that a lot of the stuff I'm putting in my yard sale is stuff that I picked up at other yard sales.  :wall:

Plenty of garage sales in the area, never have a lack of any I can go to.  Unfortunately they are all mostly clothes, kids toys or nick nacks that I have no interest in. 

I have some finds I need to post (actually had a decent one yesterday) but games are mostly scarce at local yard sales these days. When I do find any it's usually throw away Wii games, I don't even find PS3 or 360 stuff.  Drawback to living in an economically depressed area I guess.  

Went to 3 yardsales and an estate sale yesterday........still havent picked up anything this summer. Drove past this big sale Friday morning, didnt have time to stop as I was already almost late to work. They were still open at 6pm so I stopped by....nothing gaming related besides a Guitar Hero grip for DS and some kids PC games. Went to that one again and the others with my parents and sister yesterday......nadda! Estate sales are always good for a laugh, $75 for a cassette/cd player that wouldve been $5 at Goodwill. $25 for these beat up book shelves.......DO YOU ACTUALLY WANT TO SELL SH!T?!

Yard sales have been pretty much dead this year. I don't see any signs or anything. Searched craigslist last night before bed and I only saw 2 or 3 postings in a 20 minute radius.

This thread also seems to be much less active each year. Do you guys think yard sales are pretty much dying out? Do you use any other apps instead to find deals. Craigslist in general doesn't seem as popular as 5 or 10 years ago. I use OfferUp but it doesn't get much action it seems.
Yard sale less and less it seems since let go, offer up, etc.

Saw two estate sells and a few yard sales that is like hour 30 mins away. Haven’t found anything in weeks

I’d say that here, in north Alabama, it’s been a little slower this year. I haven’t posted much because nearly all of my good yard sale finds this year have been things other than video games. I bought a box of records for $60 and pulled out a rare Elvis record variant worth around $500, for example.

I’d say that here, in north Alabama, it’s been a little slower this year. I haven’t posted much because nearly all of my good yard sale finds this year have been things other than video games. I bought a box of records for $60 and pulled out a rare Elvis record variant worth around $500, for example.
Back when this was just the garage sale thread non-gaming items were welcome as long as it wasn't clothes, nic-knacks n' stuff like that. I'm sure there would be people interested in seeing the Elvis LP.

With how slow this thread is, about any content is welcome as far as I'm concerned.

I haven't found much in the way of games this summer unfortunately. I keep finding pretty decent action figures this year though. Got 5 original tmnt figures and some Yu-Gi-Oh and Godzilla figures for $2.
I'm usually flush with gameboy stuff by this time, but haven't found a single thing since last july

You want some pickups? I got some pickups right here:

https://imgur.com/a/m4KtByx

In all honesty aside from the early summer finds and one big PS1 game find that I didn't post here, I haven't found much. This was the best yard sale weekend I've had since my vacation. Anyhow as to what I found, the 3 PS1 games and 3 7800 games ended up being .75 total, the movies were all a buck apiece, and the DS and 3DS games (except for lost World, that was $2) were included in the bundle of the DS Lite and 3DS. Oh and Sneak King was $2, but it says its used but is sealed, it goes with my sealed Pocketbike Racer.

Edit: Also the Blu-rays were all a buck also.

Last edited by a moderator:
Drove past a sign on my way to Goodwill that said "BEST YARDSALE EVER!".........didnt see any damn yardsales on that street!

Found a nice little lot of Gameboy stuff just down the street from me for only $23! It's nice to find something without having to drive around for 2 hours...

db1Bh2Z.jpg

Last Saturday I started hunting at 8:30 and by 11:00 I had zilch except for dehydration and frustration. Then I finally found something.[attachment=30699:20180809_202305.jpg]

At the same sale I got into talking with one of the guys and he said there were a bunch of video games farther in the garage that they haven't got to yet. Ugh. They did have this that I scooped up.[attachment=30703:20180809_200738.jpg]

[attachment=30700:20180809_200956.jpg][attachment=30701:20180809_202005.jpg]

They wanted $50 for the Pioneer LD Player and 45 Movies. I got it for $40 with The Wizard being the highlight. It's around a $70 Laser Disc. Bartman meets Radioactive Man was $1.

I did end up getting 4 Games. [attachment=30702:20180809_200309.jpg]

Got the 3 Xbox 360 games and a pretty decent brownie for $10

I got Pocahontas at a local game store that is 40% off everything til the 12th. I paid $19 for it.

[attachment=30705:20180809_165705.jpg][attachment=30706:20180809_165848.jpg]

I got the ring and 12 wrestlers for $5. I guess the Cody Rhodes one is worth a bit.

And lastly this.

[attachment=30704:20180809_193823.jpg]

It had a $10 price on it so I asked the Lady if she would take 5 and she said it was her sons and they go for over $50 online. Well she was pretty correct on that so I paid the $10.

So in summary

Bartman meets Radioactive Man $1

Nascar 14 and 15, Nba Jam $10

Pocahontas $19

Pioneer LD Player w/ 45 LDs $40

Dark World board game $10

WWE Ring W/12 Wrestlers $5

Last edited by a moderator:
Been wanting a LaserDisc player for quite a while.  A few years ago someone advertised one on a sale starting Friday.  Since I'm a 9-5 guy, couldn't make it, figured it sold first day.  Saturday morning I trek the next city over to the previously mentioned sale at about 11am.  Turns out they were the previous owners of a local video rental store and the player and movies lasted until 8:30 that morning.  To make things worse, they got the LD player and over 100 LDs for $30.  Still kicking myself.

Bought a big lot of NES, SNES and N64 stuff for $125 off FB. Not much spectacular, but this gem was in the lot. Worth about what I paid for the entire lot.[attachment=30709:025C28AF-8849-4952-A013-40BE46C6DCEA.jpeg]

Went to an Estate sale at a really nice house today......nothing. I saw a disc only copy of Star Wars Battlefront for PS4 and that was it as far as video games. I think it was going on yesterday as well so someone probably got something. Didnt really see any signs or other sales.

Today was a surprisingly bad day for garage sales in my area despite it being the weekend of the annual Yard Sale Trail. That said I ended hitting one garage sale and got the following for $27

Yaiba Ninja Gaiden Z (360)

Mario Super Sluggers

Splatoon

Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)

Smash Bros Wii U

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Mario and Sonic at the Winter Games (Wii)

Mario Party 9

New Super Mario Bros. U

New Super Mario Bros (Wii)

Mario Kart Wii

Mario Smash Amiibo

Link Smash Amiibo

Inkling Boy Amiibo

Inkling Girl Amiibo

Sonic Amiibo

Passed up on a Diddy Kong Amiibo and a Luigi Amiibo.

Went to Gamestop immediately and traded in all but the Amiibo and darn near tripled my money.

Also hit up a used book store and got 28 Days Later and 300 on blu-ray for $1 total.

Today was a surprisingly bad day for garage sales in my area despite it being the weekend of the annual Yard Sale Trail. That said I ended hitting one garage sale and got the following for $27

Yaiba Ninja Gaiden Z (360)

Mario Super Sluggers

Splatoon

Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)

Smash Bros Wii U

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Mario and Sonic at the Winter Games (Wii)

Mario Party 9

New Super Mario Bros. U

New Super Mario Bros (Wii)

Mario Kart Wii

Mario Smash Amiibo

Link Smash Amiibo

Inkling Boy Amiibo

Inkling Girl Amiibo

Sonic Amiibo

Passed up on a Diddy Kong Amiibo and a Luigi Amiibo.

Went to Gamestop immediately and traded in all but the Amiibo and darn near tripled my money.

Also hit up a used book store and got 28 Days Later and 300 on blu-ray for $1 total.
That's a surprisingly bad day? You jackass, if I had a month like that, I'd be as happy as a clam!

So I didn't actually get out this weekend for yard sales, but I did my normal Craigslist routine. I'll email people advertising yard sales to see if they have any video games. Normally i get a no or yes you can pick them up during the sale, but this guy told me to come get them Friday afternoon. $30 have been looking for a top loader forever.

[attachment=30715:IMG_20180810_182823_718.jpg]

That's a surprisingly bad day? You jackass, if I had a month like that, I'd be as happy as a clam!
For the Yard Sale Trail weekend yes. Its literally garage sales across the state, and north, in my limited area its usually pretty good.

Picked up 2 sleeves full of DC and PS1 games. Some highlights were Twisted Metal, Monster Rancher 3, Wild Arms 2, Jet Grind Radio, Tomb Raider Revelations, Resident Evil Code Veronica, and Sonic Adventure

But it gets better in a battered Game Gear was a copy of Megaman for GG! All of it for $18

Picked up 2 sleeves full of DC and PS1 games. Some highlights were Twisted Metal, Monster Rancher 3, Wild Arms 2, Jet Grind Radio, Tomb Raider Revelations, Resident Evil Code Veronica, and Sonic Adventure

But it gets better in a battered Game Gear was a copy of Megaman for GG! All of it for $18
:D/ :shock:

Whoa nelly, that's one fantastic haul!

A couple recent finds

Bose Soundlink Mini for $40

Samick Artist Series guitar for $5. It's missing parts but I ended up selling it as is for $70 and it sold in a day.

WEYePK0.jpg
IGVC37w.jpg

Not the most amazing deal, but I grabbed these for $30 at a yard sale this past weekend. The sale advertised games, and when I got there it turned out to the some collectors getting rid of some stuff they didn't want anymore, but the prices were competitive (e.g. $90 for Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance). I cherry-picked these based off of price and games I didn't have yet.

b1XKNBT.jpg

Only game find at the flea market this morning was my son’s purchase of COD:Infinite Warfare (PS4) for $3. DLC was missing, but still a good price.

Picked up a couple decent DVDs though:
John Candy 3-pack (Uncle Buck, Great Outdoors, Going Berzerk) - $1
The Crazies (2010) - $1
The Twilight Zone: The Movie - $0.50

Also found The Blues Brothers Soundtrack CD for $1.

Had another decent Saturday morning at yard sales! I picked up an XBox 360 at a sale with a couple of controllers for $20, and it turned out to be a fancy R2D2 one! (I thought it was just a decal at first). I picked up Lost in Blue: Shipwrecked with it and then at the next sale I grabbed a nice stack of Genesis games for $15. Later, while I was walking around my neighborhood, I spotted some bins marked 'free' out by the corner. I grabbed the XBox and PS3 stuff along with Kiki's Delivery Service, but it was all pretty waterlogged. I cleaned up what I could, but it was petty gross. Still, the price was right and I managed to save Jade Empire, which is what I wanted the most anyway!

kmkJ5be.jpg

ZP5Vq3S.jpg

4OdrYXx.jpg

Had another decent Saturday morning at yard sales! I picked up an XBox 360 at a sale with a couple of controllers for $20, and it turned out to be a fancy R2D2 one! (I thought it was just a decal at first). I picked up Lost in Blue: Shipwrecked with it and then at the next sale I grabbed a nice stack of Genesis games for $15. Later, while I was walking around my neighborhood, I spotted some bins marked 'free' out by the corner. I grabbed the XBox and PS3 stuff along with Kiki's Delivery Service, but it was all pretty waterlogged. I cleaned up what I could, but it was petty gross. Still, the price was right and I managed to save Jade Empire, which is what I wanted the most anyway!

kmkJ5be.jpg

ZP5Vq3S.jpg

4OdrYXx.jpg
I've picked up a few rainy day games. Pulled the liner out of the case and pressed them between two towels for a day to dry them out. They are a little wrinkled, but at least they didn't get a nice, velvety texture.

Games

World of Illusion (Genesis)

CDs
"Various Artists" - Southern Fried House (Fatboy Slim compilation under various band names)

ACDC - Highway to Hell

Books

Ted DiBiase: The Million Dollar Man

The Legends of Wrestling - "Classy" Freddie Blassie: Listen, You Pencil Neck Geeks

They had some more games, but that was the only one I was interested in that I knew I didn't have. Not sure what they came out to. My mom and sister got a bunch of books and some other stuff and it was $10.50 for all of it.

Most sales Ive been to this summer.............came home with a 2 rugs for my mom. Only games I saw were sports PS2/PS3/X360 and a few things like Assassins Creed, Far Cry, Crysis 2. The parents of a couple guys I knew back in highschool were having a sale, thought they might have some games. They had traded everything in before going to college.....

Walked to one that wasn't far from my house today and ended up making out pretty well.

Resident Evil 2 (N64) $1. Lady said someone had just stopped by and bought the N64 she had and the two other games, which apparently were a bass fishing and a golf game. Sort of surprised he left that laying.

Dell Inspiron 530s - $1. Wasn't a price on it, but was offered it for $1 so I grabbed it, figuring if it doesn't it's worth it for parts as it had cables too. This is one of those slim style ones, apparently with a 1.8ghz Pentium dual core. It's 10 years old, but I'm still running a 531 that works well.

[attachment=30894:0215A948-48E8-4294-B358-F79FCF52AF26.jpeg]

Finally found this gem yesterday. (Thanks CAG, as always, for turning it sideways.) Went to the annual 10-mike yard sale around here on a local county road. Woman wanted $5 each for her kid’s 360 sports games. Yuck! I grumbled and paid $4 for ‘14. 😂

[attachment=30895:F65A8210-71A6-4F92-B7F9-84D1A941A3C2.jpeg]

While most Barbies aren’t worth much evidently the Hello Kitty line is. Got this forv$5 and should be able to eBay it for $70 shipped.

[attachment=30896:953E8A7A-DFC0-4603-BC22-CA833B9F75E1.jpeg]

Snagged 250 Hot Wheels for $120. No idea if there’s anything rare in here. I figure if I strike out I can donate these at Christmas through Angel Tree or Toys for Tots.

[attachment=30897:5F4731C2-9044-436A-BF26-642EEB8D07BB.jpeg]

Three NERF guns, couple of clips with plenty of billets for $5.

Also got a few other miscellaneous items, including a big tote of toys for $3. Probably mostly junk, but I might find some gems after I dig through it!

Headed to one of the local community yard sales today, but didn't have much luck.

Spongebob's Atlantis Squarepantis (DS) - $1 (This was a random sale further away)

Chef Aid: The South Park Album - $1

Didn't see much else I was interested in. Someone had Elder Scrolls and Battlefield 1 for PS4 for $5 each. Someone else had Dying Light and something else for XBox One ...for $50 each. Can't remember the other title, but it was equally ridiculous.

On the way in, someone had a free sign out with a chainsaw and a weed whacker. Didn't feel like lugging them around, though, as I was on foot.

Then went to a book sale a few towns over.

The Man With The Screaming Brain (DVD) - $2.50 (love me some Bruce)

Code Lyoko (DS) - $2.50

The Waning of the Middle Ages (book) - 50 cents

Is anyone else saddened by the lack of activity on this thread?  5 pages and the summer is basically over?  That seems really...low.  I guess its a sign of the times as far as tag sale scores.

Not much available at garage sales or flea markets these days, at least not locally.  I can't even find anything on Craiglist.  If I do find anything  it's usually priced absurdly high.  It's not as bad as it was two years ago, but still not good.  

I do have some finds to post, it's just making the time to do it. 

I bet slowdive could fill more than 5 pages with just his finds alone.

Is anyone else saddened by the lack of activity on this thread? 5 pages and the summer is basically over? That seems really...low. I guess its a sign of the times as far as tag sale scores.
I’ve had some pretty good scores this year, but very few of them are game-related so I try not to junk up the thread with too much non gaming stuff. Friday was a good example: got a ton of stuff, only one of which was a great game buy.

Was cooped up sick all of last week, but by Saturday morning I was feeling well enough to get out so I hit a couple of yard sales. Got everything in the pic below for $40, which was a nice little morale boost.

KMUMJ9u.jpg

[attachment=31051:D628BD04-9936-4BC6-8E53-8BC026226E23.jpeg]

Today was the big fall yard sale at a local park. Got all of this for less than $50. The NES games were soaked so not sure yet if they work. That lot includes Ninja Gaiden III so will be a nice find if it does.

I’ve had some pretty good scores this year, but very few of them are game-related so I try not to junk up the thread with too much non gaming stuff. Friday was a good example: got a ton of stuff, only one of which was a great game buy.
I would like to see other things besides games.

It's been slow with yard sales. Most not selling games or giving the let me check with my kids or check eBay first.

I would like to see other things besides games.

It's been slow with yard sales. Most not selling games or giving the let me check with my kids or check eBay first.
Yeah, a fellow yard saling friend of mine and I always joke about the sellers who have a printed out picture of eBay listings with their stuff. If they want to sell it on eBay, sell it on eBay because people at yard sales don’t pay eBay prices.

Had a decent little find for $10 right across the street from my house last Saturday. Regrettably I missed a multi-family sale on the next street over that wasn't marked on Craiglist; I tend to do pretty well at those.

04OoENc.jpg

Season's pretty much over here but did find one near my house.

Big spindle of CD-Rs with some missing 75 cents (turned out half or so of this spindle were Christian/Christmas CDs. My grandmother is into that music.)

Stack of DVD+Rs in jewel cases with one or two missing 75 cents.

Small stack of CD-Rs in jewel cases with one or two missing 25 cents.

2 lawn chairs for 50 cents each. One has a broken arm rest but the frames are aluminum, so even if I end up scrapping them I'll have made my dollar back.

Finally had a decent game find... book was $0.50, rest were $1 each. Yup, Madden 18 was $1.

G.O.A.T. content was previously redeemed, but whatever. Blink CD was sealed, but edited. At least I don’t have to worry about listening to it around my kids.

My son is a big Simple Plan fan, and he got to meet them at the Warped Tour over the summer. Looks like I’ll have to watch it first to see what I need to skip. Lol
396f94add0971e705d60a5f97aaae195.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My main goal was to move stuff, so I was dropping prices to encourage people to take more stuff.  I did move a lot of stuff, just not as much as I wanted. 

I didn't put out a lot of games; some 360 and Wii sports titles at $.50 each, and average PS3 titles at $3 each.  

I didn't move stuff that I thought would move: DVDs, CDs, lunch boxes, antique toys, Ball jars and old cameras.  I sold all the Star Wars stuff, Starting Lineups, a shitton of basketball cards, tools, antique tools.  I sold a box full of VHS tapes to this guy for $1, he was the first to show interest at 10:00.  

My prices weren't bad, I had one old guy said I had the best prices (reseller) and kept coming back to buy more.  He finally worked me down to sell him 24 PS3 games for $1 each.  After that one, he came back again (4th time) and started working me on more stuff.  I started getting annoyed at that point.  He asked how much for all the DVDs.  There was just short of 100, I offered $45.  He balked, said he was thinking $20.  I stopped negotiating with him after that.

Had a steady stream of people the whole time, not many sales this weekend.  Also found out that the winter flea market at the fair grounds started Saturday.  Not sure if that helped me or hurt me.

All said, my net was $362 and I got rid of a bunch of stuff.  

Had a little luck this weekend, but also an astonishing disappointment. On Saturday I went to a neighborhood sale where a person was bringing games, but they were late and I had to drop my wife and son off at an event so I regretfully left after grabbing the Bob Ross board game from someone else for $2. After dropping off the wife and the kiddo I went to a nearby community sale, and the first house I went to had a huge box of Gamecube stuff! It was $5 per game, but I figured it'll be worth it for the first party stuff.

There. Was. Not. A Single. Damn. First Party Game. In the Box.

I've never seen that happen before. There wasn't much in there worth anything to me, but I did grab LotR: The Third Age, Star Wars Bounty Hunter with the variant art, and a dinged up Wavebird for $10. After that  i cruised around the neighborhood and found some cassettes for friends at a nearby sale before having to return to pick up the family. I then hit that first sale on the way back and picked up a Capcom game I'd never heard of for $5. Not great, but I didn't want to feel like I wasted the trip.

MQ1d0z4.jpg

On Sunday a friend of mine let me know her block was having a sale, and she agreed to hold on to her son's video game stuff until I could get there. I got the PS3 games, the Vita, and the DS's in the pic for $80, which I think is a price that left neither of us feeling ripped off. I swung by again later when they were wrapping up and she just gave me a bunch of DVDs to get rid of them, so that was a nice little bonus.

he7KlDf.jpg

nFQcKpj.jpg

All in all a decent weekend for game hunting.

bread's done
Back