20GB PS3 $349 @ GS (if you can find one) YMMV (added locator link)

dallow

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Anythony1 over at the AVS forums made a few calls to various Gamecrazy and Gamestop stores.

Gamecrazy
Used 20GB - $339.99
Used 60GB - $439.99

Gamestop
Used 20GB - $369.99
Used 60GB - $449.99 (thanks movieman2742)

NEW
New 20GB - $449.99
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=020071&affID=77777&sourceID=FKSJxY2VJAk-bdR2CsfXYehCxfgY3pAAQw

Good deal if you need a cheap one.
20GB PS3s aren't gimped, I have one and love it.
Plus, they have the EE for full PS2 BC.

EDIT:
Gamestop product locator! (thanks to everyone who contributed to this)

Used 20GB

www . gamestop.com/productavail.asp?miles=100&sku=909111&zip=XXXXX&product_name=20GB+PS3+%2D+Used&platforms=PS3&sbox%20 =160726a%2Ejpg&status=BO&bn=False

New 20GB

www . gamestop.com/productavail.asp?miles=200&sku=020071&zip=37421&pr oduct_name=Sony+PlayStation+3+20+Gig&platforms=PS3 &sbox=020071a.jpg&status=A&bn=False

remove the spaces at the beginning and , and replace the XXXXX with your ZIP CODE

Who here is trying to sneak in a UPC, receipt, and MIR form for the 5 free blu ray dvds? Im not sure if the used 20gb ps3 quailfy but....

Im giving it a shot. Made a copy of my reciept, peeled off the gamestop made UPC bar code w/ serial number sticker on the box that the ps3 came in, and sending it in with the MIR form. Eh worth a shot.

Let me know if anyone else is trying this as well. If so, good luck!

Sooooo.....this thread and E3 kind of got me hyped for a PS3. However, I don't want to give Sony any money because I think they are money grubbing and are trying to push HD DVD out of the market. So if I were to actually get one I would want to buy used. Lo and behold my local Gamerz (like EB/GS) has a great condition 60 gb ps3 in for 440. Sigh. Do you think thats a good deal? I'm going to trade games to knock the price down hopefully below 300. What do you all think??

[quote name='gwill']Sooooo.....this thread and E3 kind of got me hyped for a PS3. However, I don't want to give Sony any money because I think they are money grubbing and are trying to push HD DVD out of the market. So if I were to actually get one I would want to buy used. Lo and behold my local Gamerz (like EB/GS) has a great condition 60 gb ps3 in for 440. Sigh. Do you think thats a good deal? I'm going to trade games to knock the price down hopefully below 300. What do you all think??[/QUOTE]
Get your fact right before you post

Money grubbing...as opposed to Microsoft? I mean what are you going to game on? Pencil and paper?

Regarding Blu Ray...well Microsoft's trying to do the same thing with HD-DVD, they just aren't having any success pushing it (since every time they go "yay, HD-DVD is soo awesome! even all their OEMs come out and say, "forget it, we're selling Blu Ray")-okay, not an exact quote, but that's that's the gist of press releases we've gotten from Microsoft, followed by several OEMs responding to them (Dell and others).

Microsoft's technology is in HD-DVD, which is part of why they're pushing it-the same features on Blu Ray use a Java implementation instead.

[quote name='nonggame']Get your fact right before you post[/QUOTE]

OK...I GET IT. Now back to whether the system is a good deal (buying used vs new etc) Thank you in advance for your valuable input

[quote name='Richard Longfellow']Before buying any used system from GS, ask yourself "Why would someone trade in a current generation game system?" The answer, more often than not, is "Cause its broke".[/quote]

Normally, I would agree with you on this statement. But not at this time, in this generation of consoles. I could easily see someone buying a 20gb PS3 at launch and being extremely dissapointed in the game selection and trading it in for a Wii, or maybe even a 360. So, though it is possible, I doubt the more often than not reason someone would trade in a PS3 right now is because it is broken.

[quote name='chodax']I guess I am the only one who has happy with the used PS3 purchase. They must have accidentaly put a new PS3 in a used PS3 box. :)[/quote]

No, thus far I am completely happy with my used system as well!

Or someone might be down on their luck and need a little bit extra cash faster than ebay can deliver. Or the item "fell off a truck" Anyway, I'm sure its on a case by case basis.

Haha I finally scored one. When I first set mine up on my HDTV though the screen was jumping, the text was blurry where lines were passing thorugh and I had really distorted colors. I then tired it on my SDTV and it was fine. I then brought it back over to the HDTV and had the same stuff going on. I was using composite cables since I don't have component or HDMI yet so for some crazy reason I thought that could've been the problem. I left it on took a shower and ate dinner and I turned the TV on and the picture was just fine. Anyone have any idea waht this might be? Should I not risk it and bring it back?

[quote name='SpikeSpiegel']Haha I finally scored one. When I first set mine up on my HDTV though the screen was jumping, the text was blurry where lines were passing thorugh and I had really distorted colors. I then tired it on my SDTV and it was fine. I then brought it back over to the HDTV and had the same stuff going on. I was using composite cables since I don't have component or HDMI yet so for some crazy reason I thought that could've been the problem. I left it on took a shower and ate dinner and I turned the TV on and the picture was just fine. Anyone have any idea waht this might be? Should I not risk it and bring it back?[/quote]

If I were in your situation, I'd take that shit back pronto.

[quote name='gwill']Sooooo.....this thread and E3 kind of got me hyped for a PS3. However, I don't want to give Sony any money because I think they are money grubbing and are trying to push HD DVD out of the market. So if I were to actually get one I would want to buy used. Lo and behold my local Gamerz (like EB/GS) has a great condition 60 gb ps3 in for 440. Sigh. Do you think thats a good deal? I'm going to trade games to knock the price down hopefully below 300. What do you all think??[/quote]

I really hope you get hit by a car later :applause:

Ooookay. I tried my old EBGames login, and it actually seems to work. Except I don't see any place to enter a gift card number, and the final price is the same as Amazon.

Dumb question here...

I vaguely remember someone saying that you can tranfer PS2 memcard saves to the PS3? Is that true?

If it is, I think I'm going to jump on this. The Wife has made it quite clear that we couldn't get a PS3 until either she was done with Final Fantasy 12, or could continue her save on it.

[quote name='Gourd']Dumb question here...

I vaguely remember someone saying that you can tranfer PS2 memcard saves to the PS3? Is that true?

If it is, I think I'm going to jump on this. The Wife has made it quite clear that we couldn't get a PS3 until either she was done with Final Fantasy 12, or could continue her save on it.[/QUOTE]

Yes, you could transfer the PS2 save from memory card to the PS3 HDD, but you will need to buy this $14.99 adapter.

http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product_id=802581

Excellent. Going to take a look around for a 20gb PS3.

Wireless is something I have been pretty indifferent over, so this will work just fine.

Just a heads up: if you can't find any at Gamestop/EB, check your local pawn shops. My Pawn America had several 60GB PS3s for $400, and a 20GB which was marked at $400 but they said they'd sell at $370. They looked in good condition, and the one I tested worked just fine (another they couldn't get to display though, probably was set to HDMI and they only had component cables, and I tried doing the hold-down-power-for-10-seconds trick but it didn't seem to work on it). The ones they were selling also came with HDMI and Component cables.

I was EXTREMELY tempted to get one, but I managed to fight the urge under the hope that we'll see 20GB models drop a bit lower within the next year or so.

I just got a 60 gb used from my local game store. I unloaded a bunch of old dreamcast and ps1 stuff along with a couple 360 games (kameo anyone?) and walked out paying $280. They have a 30 day warranty so I plan on playing it day and night for 30 days to make sure its not going to fail me (1 year service plan is $200...LOL). The wifi setup was a breeze and its very nice not having to run a wire from my router. Fortunately, I didn't have to worry about getting any of the accessories because I already owned them all except an HDMI cable. (I'm running components) Anyway, I'm really enjoying it and hopefully it will be even better when all the big name games come rolling out this fall/winter/2008.

*Backs slowly away from thread*

BTW I loved my PS2 too but it got hawked earlier to pay for this (glad for EE)

This thread is killing me. I have a 360 already which I don't have enough time to play. My PS2 just crapped out on me so this thread has tempted me to buy the PS3 as a replacement. I bought a silver PSTwo instead this morning. I just can't spend that kind of dough. There's just not enough there to make me spend $500. BTW I'm a PSP fanboy and really like Sony in general. If I didn't already have a 360 I'd probably go for this deal.

RC

[quote name='H-Town Info']bumping this thread

the 20 gb ps3 used will now be 349.99. I just got confirmation from my friend, who's a manager at GameGames/EbStop[/quote]
Dammit, closest EBStop 20GBs are 60-80 miles away....

I wonder if GC will drop the 20 GBs by $20 as well...:whistle2:k

Anyway to lookup GC inventory online?

[quote name='H-Town Info']bumping this thread

the 20 gb ps3 used will now be 349.99. I just got confirmation from my friend, who's a manager at GameGames/EbStop[/quote]

Any word on new 20GB? I never bought a used system and I don't plan to start.

[quote name='nikelecious91']Any word on new 20GB? I never bought a used system and I don't plan to start.[/QUOTE]

They've been discontinued for awhile. I couldn't find one new back when the 60 gig got dropped to 500. That being said, I got mine used (mint everything, used sparingly) off someone here and it's been fine. Thus far PS3s have been pretty much bulletproof.

This is still really tempting. I would have to dump my Wii to buy one though, which is the only reason I haven't bit yet - even though I never use my Wii. I think if PS3 had more exclusives I would be in already. Argh, so tempting.

Are there used 60GB ones around? I am curious as to what the price difference would be. I know I could get a wireless bridge, but if I can find a 60GB that has wifi for not too much more, I would go for that. Does anyone know the SKU of the used 60GB (if the SKU exists)?

Thanks
-- Oxygen

Picked up a used (refurbished as they call it at Gamestop) 20 gig unit at the North Star Mall in San Antonio. I tried using the extra $30.00 system trade in credit and %50 extra on games coupon but their system wouldn't take it and they wouldn't override. But a guy in the store was willing to buy all of my Xbox 1 games and system for $150.00 in cash. Now I get to test out some PS1 and PS2 games on the 20gig and then sell my PS2 and games I'm not going to keep.

Thanks for the link in finding a used system. For anyone else looking there appears to be another 20 gig used in stock at Vineyard Gamestop in SA, according to the site as of 10-30-07.

This is a hell of alot better than that of no backwords compatibility. Who cares if it's only 20 gig, it's not like anyone stores media on them anyways.

[quote name='H-Town Info']349.99 linkin[/quote]
Damn...thought that they would have dropped a bit more with the 80GB drop. If X-Mas wasn't around the corner, maybe I'd bite.

Hmm, is Gamecrazy still selling theirs for 339.99? I have a 20% off coupon (says it doesn't work on systems, but I'd like to try with a buddy-manager of mine)

ughh...so much agony. there's a used 20 gig ps3 sitting around at my local gamestop.

I've had the luxury of having almost a month to think it over, whether to get it or not since no one around here seems to have an interest in it.

if rock band wasn't coming out soon I probably would've have bit on it already but argh...I just wish I had more games to trade in or gamestop had some crazy promo that would prompt me to buy it

btw...do you folks think that these 20 gbs, as rare as they are now, might be worth more in the future?

[quote name='robhimself']btw...do you folks think that these 20 gbs, as rare as they are now, might be worth more in the future?[/quote]
Doubtful. Even if you consider full BC an all-important feature, there's still plenty of 60 gig versions out there.

[quote name='movieman2742']Thanks for the credit. The 60g are now $429.99 used.[/quote]

thanks for the heads-up...at least if that last 20 gig is sold the 60 gig isn't going to hurt me too much.

I can wrangle up at least around a 100 dollars in store credit, so right now it stands at
$250 for a 20 gig and $330 for a 60 gig

fuck

[quote name='arthurRWD']they're working now[/quote]

when it was down yesterday/this morning I got in a panic because I thought my local gamestop had gotten rid/sold the last used 20 gig.

I went in today and asked if they still had it, thank god. I traded in a 100 bucks worth of things and ended up with a 20 gig ps3 for 250.

i'm now utterly low on cash but i don't think i'm ever going to be able to get a hold of a ps3 at that price again in the near future

dang wish had known about this store locator for a used 20gb before I had just caved and bought a new 60gb at my local gamestop a few weeks ago

bread's done
Back