20GB PS3 $349 @ GS (if you can find one) YMMV (added locator link)

dallow

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Anythony1 over at the AVS forums made a few calls to various Gamecrazy and Gamestop stores.

Gamecrazy
Used 20GB - $339.99
Used 60GB - $439.99

Gamestop
Used 20GB - $369.99
Used 60GB - $449.99 (thanks movieman2742)

NEW
New 20GB - $449.99
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=020071&affID=77777&sourceID=FKSJxY2VJAk-bdR2CsfXYehCxfgY3pAAQw

Good deal if you need a cheap one.
20GB PS3s aren't gimped, I have one and love it.
Plus, they have the EE for full PS2 BC.

EDIT:
Gamestop product locator! (thanks to everyone who contributed to this)

Used 20GB

www . gamestop.com/productavail.asp?miles=100&sku=909111&zip=XXXXX&product_name=20GB+PS3+%2D+Used&platforms=PS3&sbox%20 =160726a%2Ejpg&status=BO&bn=False

New 20GB

www . gamestop.com/productavail.asp?miles=200&sku=020071&zip=37421&pr oduct_name=Sony+PlayStation+3+20+Gig&platforms=PS3 &sbox=020071a.jpg&status=A&bn=False

remove the spaces at the beginning and , and replace the XXXXX with your ZIP CODE

Anyone know how much these are going for now or how to find the 60GB ones...I show 2 locations near me that might have the 20GB, I'd call but I'm in a meeting with a client :D

Knowing GS, I wouldn't be surprised if they raised the price since they seem to be selling well on EBay and demand will probably only increase.

[quote name='dallow']Yet you're posting online? :)

I'm curious too as to how much they're going for now.[/quote]

Its a phone meeting, I can multitask ;)

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Anyone know how much these are going for now or how to find the 60GB ones...I show 2 locations near me that might have the 20GB, I'd call but I'm in a meeting with a client :D[/QUOTE]

I bought a 20g gamestop refurb ps3 for $349 during their recent b2g1 free offer.

Kmart. I just bought a 60GB brand new for $500. This was 2 days ago. I would of went with 20GB but I didnt have anymore empty ports on my wireless router so I needed the WiFi

CRAP!!! The 'closest' GS store near me with a 20gb PS3 in stock(used, no less) is over 70 miles away. F that. I kept hoping that Kmart would've kept a couple 20 and 60 gb models sitting collecting dust in their back rooms near me, but all I've seen lately are 40 and 80 gb models. And, those models just suck, imo.

Oh wow the online tracker says theres a 20gb unit about 20mins away from here. I might bite but I don't generally buy used systems. Is there some sort of warrenty that comes with it?

Thanks to all those that have brought this post up from the depths of the forum. I was about to buy a used 60 gig today, but because of this thread found a 20 gig a couple of towns over. My den is hard wired to the internet anyways, so the ~$100 saved is awesome.

if i could get an extra $100, i'd have enough
my gamestop has a 20gb sitting there waiting for me :(
i'm probably gonna miss out on it though

well i posted something on CL, and i found a guy who'd give me a 20gb ps3 w/ extra controller for my $300 and mass effect
i think i'm gonna bite :p

Copy the link below and replace zeros in "zip=00000" with your ZIP code.

60GB inventory search

As a sidenote, you have 7 days to return a used system to GameStop if there's anything wrong with it. The 20GB is a good deal at $349 since you can swap the hard drive later on. It also has 4 USB ports unlike the 40GB so those who want to play RockBand with all the controllers don't need to get a USB hub.

[quote name='woodcan']anyone know how to update the OP's link to search for new/used 60GB systems? Tried a couple of things but didn't work.[/quote]

just replace the '20' in the URL with '60' that's what I did.

anyway, if anybody can find an extra new/sealed 60gig @ their local GS/EB and is willing to buy it along w/a 3-year extended warranty (does GS/EB go that high...?) for me I'd be ever so grateful! :)

I was looking for a 20/60g a couple days ago in the Boardman/youngstown, Ohio area. TRU had a couple 60g PS3's for $499 and Sams had two for $524.

I decided to just wait until holiday 2008 or early 2009, like I intended too and just rebought a ps2 for all the rare rpgs I got during the holidays.

[quote name='jfoul']I was looking for a 20/60g a couple days ago in the Boardman/youngstown, Ohio area. TRU had a couple 60g PS3's for $499 and Sams had two for $524.

I decided to just wait until holiday 2008 or early 2009, like I intended too and just rebought a ps2 for all the rare rpgs I got during the holidays.[/QUOTE]
Good luck looking for a new 20/60gb by then.

Another store is KMART. I bought my 60GB a week ago from KMART. $545 after tax but well worth it.

[quote name='iazybandit']Good luck looking for a new 20/60gb by then.

Another store is KMART. I bought my 60GB a week ago from KMART. $545 after tax but well worth it.[/quote]

does kmart offer extended warranties?

[quote name='iazybandit']Good luck looking for a new 20/60gb by then.

Another store is KMART. I bought my 60GB a week ago from KMART. $545 after tax but well worth it.[/quote]

I dont plan on buying a new 20/60g by then, thats why I bought a Ps2. the market should see alot more used 20/60g by then, but I'm not one to buy used systems unless its a relic.

I am probably going to try to purchase a new 60gb myself very soon. I don't really know what the used market is gona be for them, but i assume alot more of them will move when MGS4 comes around.

[quote name='sirplue']does kmart offer extended warranties?[/QUOTE]
Yes they do. They wanted I think $25-30 for 1 year.
[quote name='jfoul']I dont plan on buying a new 20/60g by then, thats why I bought a Ps2. the market should see alot more used 20/60g by then, but I'm not one to buy used systems unless its a relic.[/QUOTE]
I'm not one to buy used systems. Thats why I snatched up a 60gb before all the new ones are no longer in stores. I didnt get it because if something did happen, the 60gb is no longer available for replacement. Plus, I never had a problem with any Playstation systems (knock on wood). Only one was the PSP when it launched and had a lot of problems with dead pixels. I got 2 year warranty from Best Buy and I only used it for the first month to swap systems for one without dead pixels. Since launch, I warranty expired and never used it. Waste of $50

[quote name='LinkinPrime']For those looking to buy used, keep an eye on ebay, I've been searching for over a week and I always look for new items listed, I ended up winning a 60GB PS3 with "Buy It Now" for $290 + Shipping w/2 controllers and a Sony HDMI cable:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=290198472475&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=019[/quote]

Nice find, sir.

There are a couple places in the Las Vegas area with "1 to 3" Used 20 GB PS3s. Someone find me a '20 percent off your next purchase' coupon, and I'll bite the bullet.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']For those looking to buy used, keep an eye on ebay, I've been searching for over a week and I always look for new items listed, I ended up winning a 60GB PS3 with "Buy It Now" for $290 + Shipping w/2 controllers and a Sony HDMI cable:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=290198472475&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=019[/QUOTE]
Nice find. HOpefully its a true 60GB and US version. Seller could of gotten a 40/80gb and placed a 60gb and sold it as a 60gb

Awesome deal, but just hope that it works. He claims barely used, but you never know. Looks like his last buyer left negative feedback, and another guy said his item wasn't as described but still left postive.

The good news is that Sony only charges $150.00 for repair, so at worst you can get it up and running cheaper than buying it new if it's dead on arrival.

[quote name='RLaidEPeas']Awesome deal, but just hope that it works. He claims barely used, but you never know. Looks like his last buyer left negative feedback, and another guy said his item wasn't as described but still left postive.

The good news is that Sony only charges $150.00 for repair, so at worst you can get it up and running cheaper than buying it new if it's dead on arrival.[/QUOTE]
Thats if Sony will do the repair.

[quote name='sirplue']just replace the '20' in the URL with '60' that's what I did.

anyway, if anybody can find an extra new/sealed 60gig @ their local GS/EB and is willing to buy it along w/a 3-year extended warranty (does GS/EB go that high...?) for me I'd be ever so grateful! :)[/QUOTE]

That's not actually going to do anything for you. You would need to replace the 'sku=909111' for the used 20GB with the sku for the used 60GB. By simply changing the '20' to a '60' you're only changing the text at the top of the list and not the actual search query.

So, if anyone knew the sku for the used 60GB, we could plug that into the the existing link.

[quote name='iazybandit']Thats if Sony will do the repair.[/quote]

They should do it, as long as they claim they bought it new but lost the receipt. They shouldn't mention it was bought on ebay.

Anyone know what Gamestop is offering on trade in of a PS2 towards a PS3? Any specials or anything? I found a 20 gb near me, and since it's BC I could trade a bunch of games in and stuff and pick it up for cheap.

I also have a gamecube and a game boy player.

[quote name='bil4ltool']Anyone know what Gamestop is offering on trade in of a PS2 towards a PS3? Any specials or anything? I found a 20 gb near me, and since it's BC I could trade a bunch of games in and stuff and pick it up for cheap.[/quote]

I think it's $50.

*edit* Here's the deal from the website http://www.ebgames.com/gs/trade-ins/trade-ins.asp:

[quote name='ebgames'] Trade in your PS2 System towards a PS3 System and pay only $349.99 / $449.99 (40GB / 80GB models) - regular retail $399.99 / $499.99

Expires: 1/31/2008. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. PS2 Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. PS3 Systems subject to availability by location. See store associate for details. No dealers.[/quote]

Hrmm, I don't think it would be $50 if you were trading for a used PS3

[quote name='bil4ltool']Anyone know what Gamestop is offering on trade in of a PS2 towards a PS3? Any specials or anything? I found a 20 gb near me, and since it's BC I could trade a bunch of games in and stuff and pick it up for cheap.

I also have a gamecube and a game boy player.[/quote]

I think there is a coupon floating for trade in old systems for the new one (trade in the PS2 for PS3) but I believe that its only the 40 GB or 80 GB ones.

I do know that the PS2 Fat gets $50 and the Slim gets $55 TIV at GS

[quote name='iazybandit']Nice find. HOpefully its a true 60GB and US version. Seller could of gotten a 40/80gb and placed a 60gb and sold it as a 60gb[/quote]
They are cosmetically different and have different inputs/outputs so I'll know if the poster did this...I'm staying positive till I receive it.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']They are cosmetically different and have different inputs/outputs so I'll know if the poster did this...I'm staying positive till I receive it.[/QUOTE]
You'll know when you receive it but my point is that its not stated in the auction. Yes, you can file a complaint but it will take a while. Hopefully the seller isnt that type of person. Sellers are so slick these days when it comes to wording auctions. I was thinking of getting a 60GB off eBay but rather than take the chance or being ripped off or scammed, I just bought it at the store just to be safe and be guaranteed thats its new and what I want.

[quote name='torifile']Anyone know the link for the 60 gig used models?[/quote]
Try the link below, replacing the XXXXX with your zip code.

Remember to remove the spaces I put there (to prevent it from auto-hyperlinking). There's one after "www." and one after "pr" in "product."

www. gamestop.com/productavail.asp?miles=100&sku=909111&zip=XXXXX&product_name=60GB+PS3+%2D+Used&platforms=PS3&sbox%20 =160726a%2Ejpg&status=BO&bn=False

[quote name='zephie']Try the link below, replacing the XXXXX with your zip code.

Remember to remove the spaces I put there (to prevent it from auto-hyperlinking). There's one after "www." and one after "pr" in "product."

www. gamestop.com/productavail.asp?miles=100&sku=909111&zip=XXXXX&product_name=60GB+PS3+%2D+Used&platforms=PS3&sbox%20 =160726a%2Ejpg&status=BO&bn=False[/QUOTE]
That's not the availability for the 60 gig version. All that did was change the red text at the top of the page from 20GB to 60GB. Thanks though. What we need is the 9091111 number for the 60 gig.

[quote name='torifile']That's not the availability for the 60 gig version. All that did was change the red text at the top of the page from 20GB to 60GB. Thanks though. What we need is the 9091111 number for the 60 gig.[/quote]
Really? I had no idea. Weird thing is, I actually was able to find a used 60GB using that link. I guess the GS I went to had both.

[quote name='zephie']Really? I had no idea. Weird thing is, I actually was able to find a used 60GB using that link. I guess the GS I went to had both.[/QUOTE]
doesn't that mean you have the 9091111 number for the 60 gig then??

[quote name='raginasian85']doesn't that mean you have the 9091111 number for the 60 gig then??[/QUOTE]
He should. I bet it's on his receipt.

[quote name='raginasian85']doesn't that mean you have the 9091111 number for the 60 gig then??[/quote] [quote name='torifile']He should. I bet it's on his receipt.[/quote]
I just found it there for a friend, I didn't buy it myself - she did. I'll check with her later about that number (I'll report back by 4pm today.)

[quote name='guitar_hero_prodigy']GameFunk.com

Has PS3 60GB & free blue ray dvd for used $369, and new $465

And they have a 30 day warranty

80GB used is $424 and new $499

comes with Motorstorm pack

I'll buy 2! J/K[/QUOTE]

I smell personal gain.

bread's done
Back