24 AA NIMH 2300mAh $19.99 w/Charger

mcleanjoel

CAG Veteran
I bought these to fill my 360 wireless controllers. Much less expensive than the battery packs and have 16 left over!

The company gets good reviews on reselleratings.com (over 9 out of 10)

Shipping was $9.25 for me.

Use code holiday06 for FREE shipping.

LINK: http://www.all-battery.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1350

Battery Specs:

AA Size rechargeable Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMH) batteries 2300 mAh
Advanced NiMH technology means twice longer use life per charge than the ordinary rechargeables
Designed for enhanced performance for high drain applications such as digital cameras, CD players, portable audio devices, hand held games, 2way radios, PDAs, and other portable high drain digital electronics
Can be recharged for up to 1000 times, providing big saving by replacing hundreds of throw away AA batteries.
Can be rapidly charged with any quick charger, smart chargers, plug in charger or universal chargers
6months warranty

Charger Specs:

Model: V-2833
Charges 2 or 4 AA & AAA batteries at a time
Charges NiMH or NiCd batteries (separately)
Automatic charging current selection for AA or AAA
Equipped with LED lamp to indicate proper charging

Thanks for posting this. A pack of just 4 AA rechargeables runs $9.99 around here, so 6 x 4 AAs plus the charger for only $19.99 shipped is a great deal.

[quote name='Vinco']In for one. Thanks! (Wish I had scrolled down to the free shiping code before jumping on it, though.)[/QUOTE]

This is an important CAG lesson (which I often forget) try to read all the posts because people often add good details.

Thanks for posting this, I ordered one with some AAA batteries for some of the other gadgets I have lying around.

I like Maha / Powerex but coincidentally my Maha charger just died today! I think it might be because I always left the charger plugged in, even when I wasn't using it. But after 3 years of quality conditioning the same batteries still work great. It even reconditioned batteries that a cheaper charger destroyed and brought them back to life.

But I did some research today and I found out about eneloop (http://www.eneloop.info/). According to the manufacturer and Amazon reviews they have a low internal discharge rate, so they have a really long shelf life after charging. My other rechargables self-discharge after about a week or two (annoying if you have them in a device you don't use often, then pick up to find batteries dead.)

The charger and 4 batteries is $24.99 on Amazon but I'm not sure what to get for a $0.01 shipping filler yet. I may just get another Maha charger and a set of eneloop batteries.

Amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/eneloop-Re-Charger-Ready-Rechargeable-Batteries/dp/B000IV0REA/sr=8-1/qid=1165290426/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/104-8610295-8805527?ie=UTF8&s=electronics

[quote name='pthagonal']Just ordered one. Thanks for the heads up. Seems like i got in on the last day for free shipping.[/QUOTE]

Actually as of 12/5 9:30 EST the free shipping code is still working, Just ordered. TX OP!

Just ordered it up. Between the two, soon to be 4, Wii Remotes, 2 Xbox 360 controllers, and 2 Wavebirds... I needed all of the batteries I could get. Thanks for the deal OP.

Thanks OP, between my digital camera, 2 wii remotes, and 2 360 controllers this should ensure I never miss a beat on any of those. Free shipping coupon still working as of 9:25 Central

Whats the free ship code? I cant seem to find it, and this is only a 4 page thread...

edit: nevermind found it on the first page:
holiday06
for free shipping

I just received my batteries and charger. Good thing too since I've been using my digital camera and wireless mouse rechargeable batteries for my Wii Remotes.

just picked up 180 dry cells at menards for like 16 bucks after rebate, figure id get more bang for my buck with those...

noob question: does it matter which brand of charger you use with rechargeable batteries? I already have this recharger by energizer... I was wondering if I could just get some of these batteries (w/o recharger) and use them with the energizer unit that I already have.

EDIT: Hmm, this seems to be a moot point anyway. It actually costs more to just get 20 batteries without the charger!

EDIT 2: Thanks OP and MadChedar! Just picked one of these up, plus some extra AAA's with the money I saved on shipping. Great timing too, because I had almost ordered some Energizer batteries from Buy.com, and that would have been a far worse deal, even after GCO (their shipping on batteries is ridiculous).

mine came in today, which was less than 3 days total. not too shabby!

also, i received 6 packs of 2600mAh batteries, which is 300mAh sweeter. anyone else get these? the charger only mentions 2300mAh, so maybe it's moot, but i'll take it!
EDIT: no, i checked the website and the included charger is rated to 2700mAh, so i think we're good.

batteries.jpg

[quote name='allyourblood']mine came in today, which was less than 3 days total. not too shabby!

also, i received 6 packs of 2600mAh batteries, which is 300mAh sweeter. anyone else get these? [/quote]

Mine came yesterday. [checks batteries] Oh, mine are 2600 mAh too.

With the charger they shipped with the batteries, it'll take a day to charge a set of 4. I have another charger; I wonder if it is quicker, or if it can charge them.

[quote name='blandstalker']Mine came yesterday. [checks batteries] Oh, mine are 2600 mAh too.

With the charger they shipped with the batteries, it'll take a day to charge a set of 4. I have another charger; I wonder if it is quicker, or if it can charge them.[/quote]
i want them to charge as slowly as possible, as odd as that may sound. all of my current chargers are the "quick charge" type, which can be handy if you need power in a hurry, but kill the battery's longevity over time.

i ordered these yesterday with the free shipping code and to my surprise they arrived today less than 24hrs after making the order. (the box came fedex ground home delivery if anybody is wondering and i live about 45 minutes away from the company but i was pretty surprised when fedex showed up this morning.)

also after inspecting my batteries, mine were also the 2600mah types! haha, i haven't felt such a good deal since scoring $16 wavebirds bundles at kmart last year. :p

thanks op and cag

hmmm...the shipping code still works, just tried it. But I am split on ordering this or the 4 sanyo eneloop batteries+charger for $24.99 on Amazon. The eneloop are supposed to be able to hold their charge for a long time so you don't have to recharge batteries that have been sitting around before you use them. It seems a lot more convienent. But this place gives you 24 batteries..hmmm...quality or quantity.....

[quote name='allyourblood']mine came in today, which was less than 3 days total. not too shabby!

also, i received 6 packs of 2600mAh batteries, which is 300mAh sweeter. anyone else get these? the charger only mentions 2300mAh, so maybe it's moot, but i'll take it!
EDIT: no, i checked the website and the included charger is rated to 2700mAh, so i think we're good.

batteries.jpg
[/quote]
just got mine, they are exactly like those.

How long are you guys charging them for with this charger?

The LED light doesnt go out when they are done apparently.....

EDIT:

whoops I see it, nevermind.

http://www.all-battery.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=519

[quote name='Spatchmo']just got mine, they are exactly like those.
How long are you guys charging them for with this charger?
The LED light doesnt go out when they are done apparently.....

EDIT:
whoops I see it, nevermind.http://www.all-battery.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=519[/quote]

yeah, probably almost a day of charging on these things. i have a similar charger from Energizer, which takes about 10-12 hours to charge 4 2300 mAh batteries. i also have a 2-hour charger from Lenmar that charges in exactly that -- two hours. the horrible trade-off is the tremendous amount of heat generated during that speed-induced power rush. after 2 hours, the batteries are just left of "too hot to handle".

4 hours into my first charge here, and the Tenergy batteries are completely cool to the touch, just the way i like it. they won't be ready until tomorrow, but i've got other batteries, so it's okay. and once i get a few sets of these goin', there shouldn't ever be any down-time. i also have some worn-out Energizers that i don't mind quick-charging.

[quote name='ForKChop']Dammit I got the 2300mAH ones, plus they left out the 12 AAA I ordered with them. Hopefully they'll make good on it.[/QUOTE]

Received an email today - they apologized and are sending out the missing batteries today. Thumbs up!

[quote name='coltcannon']Got mine today. So Im still unclear about the led. Is it just to show its on? It doesnt turn off?[/quote]

Its just on to show that they are charging, it never turns off from what I'm understanding.

well, unless someone has allowed their batteries to charge at least 24 hours, and can personally attest to the light not going out, i'm gonna bet they turn off when the cells are fully charged. it doesn't make a lot of sense to produce a charger that doesn't tell you when the batteries are ready.

in any event, i'm gonna leave mine on for a full 24 hours, or until the lights turn off, whichever comes first.

If you look at the included instructions (yeah, I know...no one does), #5 says in bold:

"The two LED's are not switched off when the batteries are fully charged."

[quote name='allyourblood']oh well, i'll get over it. ;)

thanks for the info![/QUOTE]

Got my batteries today, charging them now. 2600 mAh. batteries are a "little" warm in the charger. The charger itself gets a little hot to the touch. Don't know if I should be worried about it.

I just got a new all-in-one printer/fax/scanner, and you my friend are privileged to be the first test-scan of the machine. Volia, the instructions:

http://home.comcast.net/~berzonk/scan0001.png

It's a kinda big file size, so yes I'm sorry.

I let mine charge for 2 days almost the the lights didnt turn off. My friend tried using them in a remote and they didnt work. Can we only charge 2 at a time or something? I origannly but 4 in.

I'd also like to know if these work great on the wiimote's and 360 wireless controllers. Anyone?

never thought to ask or wonder, but, is cheapassgamer a web 2.0 site? i listen to netcasts at twit.tv and one or a couple of their shows talk about web 2.0 sites and i'm still confused as to what they are. the battery site that this post is talking about and the $30 condition cirtificate says it must be a 2.0 site. hope i'm not rambling, even so, still curious.

edit: btw - if they are offering to give $30 to anybody who posts (hopefully possitive for all-battery.com) on this and other sites (ie - resellerratings.com) wouldn't the battery site be biasly rated giving it an untrue high rating?

Received my 24 batteries(will have to look later to see if they are 2300 or 2600)and charger along with my 8 battery charger. The 8 battery charger states 5-8 hours. I can confirm the leds on this charger turn off once complete. :)

So has anybody used these with the Wiimote yet? I read somewhere on the internets that it didn't play too nice with rechargeables, as they drop voltage more quickly than normal batteries. I'd just like to know before I go buying a bunch.

bread's done
Back