24 AA NIMH 2300mAh $19.99 w/Charger

mcleanjoel

CAG Veteran
I bought these to fill my 360 wireless controllers. Much less expensive than the battery packs and have 16 left over!

The company gets good reviews on reselleratings.com (over 9 out of 10)

Shipping was $9.25 for me.

Use code holiday06 for FREE shipping.

LINK: http://www.all-battery.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1350

Battery Specs:

AA Size rechargeable Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMH) batteries 2300 mAh
Advanced NiMH technology means twice longer use life per charge than the ordinary rechargeables
Designed for enhanced performance for high drain applications such as digital cameras, CD players, portable audio devices, hand held games, 2way radios, PDAs, and other portable high drain digital electronics
Can be recharged for up to 1000 times, providing big saving by replacing hundreds of throw away AA batteries.
Can be rapidly charged with any quick charger, smart chargers, plug in charger or universal chargers
6months warranty

Charger Specs:

Model: V-2833
Charges 2 or 4 AA & AAA batteries at a time
Charges NiMH or NiCd batteries (separately)
Automatic charging current selection for AA or AAA
Equipped with LED lamp to indicate proper charging

Ordered today with free shipping. Thanks a lot, OP. I've probably spent $10-$15 since I got the Wii. Wiimotes drain like a literal drain.

they send 2600mAh as people have been saying. free shipping was sent usps priority mail. charger is only rated for 2300mAh maximum so i dont know how that works out since batteries are 2600mAh.

[quote name='kmartbum001']they send 2600mAh as people have been saying. free shipping was sent usps priority mail. charger is only rated for 2300mAh maximum so i dont know how that works out since batteries are 2600mAh.[/QUOTE]

yeah same question here

how does it work? Does it just charge up to 2300 and stop there?

[quote name='allyourblood']i also got the 2600s, which was a nice surprise. i have a hunch they did that when their 2300 supply ran out, but 2300s are no slouch, so you're good either way.[/QUOTE]

I got in early on the deal, so I was lucky and got the 2300 ones . . . oh well!

It's timer-based, so it may well just stop there, yeah.

You really want one of their smart chargers. They have nice eight-channel and ten-channel ones. The eight-channel is faster and has a nicer package deal (euro/us power supply, car adapter), but the ten-channel will be nicer to your batteries by nature of being slower.

[quote name='geoelectric']It's timer-based, so it may well just stop there, yeah.

You really want one of their smart chargers. They have nice eight-channel and ten-channel ones. The eight-channel is faster and has a nicer package deal (euro/us power supply, car adapter), but the ten-channel will be nicer to your batteries by nature of being slower.[/QUOTE]

The smart chargers are capable of charging to whatever potential your battery is capable of and hence the name "smart." Is this correct?

Here's antoehr charger from Amazon which people say is terrific --

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00077AA5Q/

Supposedly, these have been available for 29.99 at some point, so if it drops in price in the next 30 days, you can get your money back. I'm not sure what to get right now.

In ADDITION to the above deals, fry's has a charger with 4 batteries for 6.99 starting today -

http://shopping.dallasnews.com/ROP/ads.aspx?advid=2519&adid=3886412&subid=14324731&type=

Then again, the fry's charger is probably only rated for 2000 mAh

regarding the charger: the packaging rates the device to 2300mAh, but the included manual and website both list it as rated up to 2700mAh. if you don't mind waiting (since it's slow) and you're attentive as to how long you charge your batteries, you can't go wrong with the included charger. it works fine, it just doesn't have any bells & whistles. set it, keep an eye on how long you're charging, and you're fine.

Drats, looks like the chargers went up a lot in price.

Anyone have a good source for a slower NiMH charger? I have a 4 battery 2 hour charger but I have a feeling its not the greatest for keeping long battery life.

[quote name='x_fiddle']Drats, looks like the chargers went up a lot in price.

Anyone have a good source for a slower NiMH charger? I have a 4 battery 2 hour charger but I have a feeling its not the greatest for keeping long battery life.[/quote]
If its a smart charger it is okay. A 2 hour charge is only 0.5C, plenty slow if it stops charging at the right moment. If its a timer or one where you just leave it plugged in for however long, then yeah thats bad.

[quote name='Stregone']If its a smart charger it is okay. A 2 hour charge is only 0.5C, plenty slow if it stops charging at the right moment. If its a timer or one where you just leave it plugged in for however long, then yeah thats bad.[/quote]

i've got a 2-hr charger and it gets bloody hot. if yours exhibits the same side effect, it wouldn't be unreasonable to aim a small fan at your batteries while they charge. it's actually quite effective.

Finally bought it last night, surprised free shipping still worked.... so what is the recommended amount of time to charge 2 batteries in the included charger? cuz i've got a horrible memory and could very well leave it over 2-4 days.... and if i did leave it in there for 4 days, what would happen? i dont know ass about batteries...
thanks for the help....

Got the batteries Monday. Charging some now but haven't used any yet. If these work for even a couple years, that will be great! And I can use them in all the regular remotes too. No reason to buy regular ones for a while with this many batteries available.

[quote name='WhoKnowsWho']Got the batteries Monday. Charging some now but haven't used any yet. If these work for even a couple years, that will be great! And I can use them in all the regular remotes too. No reason to buy regular ones for a while with this many batteries available.[/quote]
you can use them in regular remotes, but they really won't perform at their best, and you might be downright disappointed in their performance. rechargeables function best in medium- to high-drain devices, like cameras, cd players, controllers, and toys. devices that require very little voltage over a long period of time (alarm clock backup, tv remote, etc) drain NiMH too slowly, and you'll end up swapping them out quite often. your NiMHs will also last longer if they're not left with a small amount of power lingering in them all the time.

OK, I'm starting to get worried about my order. $11.89 was refunded to my credit card (for the 8 AA charger). That's funny, it's still available on their website, but now at $21.99. I also have yet to receive my battery order placed on 12/12...

Boo for All-Battery.com!!!

[quote name='jeffreyjrose']OK, I'm starting to get worried about my order. $11.89 was refunded to my credit card (for the 8 AA charger). That's funny, it's still available on their website, but now at $21.99. I also have yet to receive my battery order placed on 12/12...

Boo for All-Battery.com!!![/quote]

weird. must be trouble at the old mill.

[quote name='allyourblood']you can use them in regular remotes, but they really won't perform at their best, and you might be downright disappointed in their performance. rechargeables function best in medium- to high-drain devices, like cameras, cd players, controllers, and toys. devices that require very little voltage over a long period of time (alarm clock backup, tv remote, etc) drain NiMH too slowly, and you'll end up swapping them out quite often. your NiMHs will also last longer if they're not left with a small amount of power lingering in them all the time.[/quote]
Yeah, I know. But I have 24 of them... :D I still have a box of AA Alkaline batteries from Costco, so I will probably end up using those anyways. Thanks for reminding me.

I just got these in the mail yesterday and have question. When I charge the batteries in the charger the 2 lights stayed red the whole time, even after 20 hours of charging. Are they ever supposed to turn green? Is there a way to tell when the batteries are fully charged?

[quote name='jeffreyjrose']OK, I'm starting to get worried about my order. $11.89 was refunded to my credit card (for the 8 AA charger). That's funny, it's still available on their website, but now at $21.99. I also have yet to receive my battery order placed on 12/12...

Boo for All-Battery.com!!![/QUOTE]

I also placed an order on 12/11 and have yet to receive my order. I was hoping to get it before Christmas. I contacted CS two days ago and no response...

[quote name='DesertEagleXIX']I also placed an order on 12/11 and have yet to receive my order. I was hoping to get it before Christmas. I contacted CS two days ago and no response...[/quote]

DesertEagle, I just received mine yesterday with a packing slip that had "Sorry" writted on it regarding the additional charger I had ordered. We both probably ordered toward the end of the mad rush and just got caught up. Hope yours come!

[quote name='dbmottle']I just got these in the mail yesterday and have question. When I charge the batteries in the charger the 2 lights stayed red the whole time, even after 20 hours of charging. Are they ever supposed to turn green? Is there a way to tell when the batteries are fully charged?[/QUOTE]

Read the insert that came with the charger. The red light unfortunately does not change when the batteries are fully charged. You just need to remember or time them yourself.

Are we able to use rechargeable batteries in the Wii Remote? I thought I remember it saying don't use them in the manual, but I'm not positive.

[quote name='yukine']Are we able to use rechargeable batteries in the Wii Remote? I thought I remember it saying don't use them in the manual, but I'm not positive.[/quote]

they're fine. sometimes, manufacturers will list a million "do nots" in order to cover their rear ends if something goes wrong. my remotes are truckin' along just fine with rechargeables. have no fear.

[quote name='dbmottle']Does it hurt anything if I charge the batteries for longer than is necessary?[/quote]

if it's an ongoing thing, and you're charging them longer than necessary repeatedly, you're going to wear them out sooner than normal. if it's really excessive, you can damage the batteries beyond function, from what i've read. a few hours here and there isn't going to make too much difference, as long as it's not a regular occurence.

[quote name='allyourblood']they're fine. sometimes, manufacturers will list a million "do nots" in order to cover their rear ends if something goes wrong. my remotes are truckin' along just fine with rechargeables. have no fear.[/quote]

Ah, that's good! I don't like buying batteries.

[quote name='dbmottle']Does it hurt anything if I charge the batteries for longer than is necessary?[/QUOTE]

Don't do it too often or the battery life will be diminished.

[quote name='SaMiDaDrAgOn']Damn should've got these when I first saw the thread. They're out of stock now.[/quote]

The charger is junk anyways. You need a smart charger.

[quote name='Stregone']The charger is junk anyways. You need a smart charger.[/quote]

the included charger works great. you just have to time the batteries yourself.

[quote name='allyourblood']the included charger works great. you just have to time the batteries yourself.[/quote]
Thats good, untill you forget about 'em and mess up the batteries.

This is a good deal. I had an office depot gift card. So I went their and a smart charger with 4 2500mah batteries plus another four batteries was over $30. I say if you guys are buying this toss out the charger it comes with and pick up a smart charger.

Without a smart charger the batteries are constantly in the back of your mind; Are they done yet? how long have they been there? Are they going to explode?

A smart charger is a set it and forget type of thing.

So far so good, using these in both Wiimotes and both Wavebirds of mine, I'm rotating 8 sets of 2 around (depending on usage I guess), and it works well.

I needed some batteries, so I ordered that 20 pak of Sunpak batteries, I think it was called, from buy.com. The link was on this thread somewhere's. 2650 mah, not bad at all. I already have a 5 hours charger, I'd prefer a slower charge, but all I can find is fast charging ones. Oh well, it can't be that bad since I've been using these panasonic rechargeables for atleast 2 years and I don't see any consideraable difference in them.

I can use any NiMh batteries in my NiMh charger, right? It doesn't matter about the mah or brand?

[quote name='SaMiDaDrAgOn']
I can use any NiMh batteries in my NiMh charger, right? It doesn't matter about the mah or brand?[/quote]

that's right. as long as they're NiMH, you should be good to go. also, a fast charger should suit you fine. if the cells tend to heat up, you can always aim a small fan at the charger to keep them cool. that's what i do with my 2 hour charger. i have a small "clip-on" fan that keeps my batteries completely cool as they charge.

bread's done
Back