24 AA NIMH 2300mAh $19.99 w/Charger

mcleanjoel

CAG Veteran
I bought these to fill my 360 wireless controllers. Much less expensive than the battery packs and have 16 left over!

The company gets good reviews on reselleratings.com (over 9 out of 10)

Shipping was $9.25 for me.

Use code holiday06 for FREE shipping.

LINK: http://www.all-battery.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1350

Battery Specs:

AA Size rechargeable Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMH) batteries 2300 mAh
Advanced NiMH technology means twice longer use life per charge than the ordinary rechargeables
Designed for enhanced performance for high drain applications such as digital cameras, CD players, portable audio devices, hand held games, 2way radios, PDAs, and other portable high drain digital electronics
Can be recharged for up to 1000 times, providing big saving by replacing hundreds of throw away AA batteries.
Can be rapidly charged with any quick charger, smart chargers, plug in charger or universal chargers
6months warranty

Charger Specs:

Model: V-2833
Charges 2 or 4 AA & AAA batteries at a time
Charges NiMH or NiCd batteries (separately)
Automatic charging current selection for AA or AAA
Equipped with LED lamp to indicate proper charging

[quote name='allyourblood']that's right. as long as they're NiMH, you should be good to go. also, a fast charger should suit you fine. if the cells tend to heat up, you can always aim a small fan at the charger to keep them cool. that's what i do with my 2 hour charger. i have a small "clip-on" fan that keeps my batteries completely cool as they charge.[/quote]

Many chargers use cell temp as a parameter to determine when to cut off the charge, putting a fan on it may mess with that.

[quote name='Stregone']Many chargers use cell temp as a parameter to determine when to cut off the charge, putting a fan on it may mess with that.[/quote]

interesting. i've never run into this, but it's something to keep an eye on. it's also a horrible way to design a charger.

[quote name='allyourblood']interesting. i've never run into this, but it's something to keep an eye on. it's also a horrible way to design a charger.[/quote]

Actualy its a new thing, some of the newer batteries don't behave quite the same so sometimes the peak voltage detection doesn't always trip it off soon enough. others just use it as a failsafe, in case somethign screws up and the battery dangerously overheats. I wouldn't worry about batteries being warm, or even slightly hot, too hot to hold on to is way too hot though and something is wrong with the battery or charger or something else.

[quote name='Stregone']Actualy its a new thing, some of the newer batteries don't behave quite the same so sometimes the peak voltage detection doesn't always trip it off soon enough. others just use it as a failsafe, in case somethign screws up and the battery dangerously overheats. I wouldn't worry about batteries being warm, or even slightly hot, too hot to hold on to is way too hot though and something is wrong with the battery or charger or something else.[/quote]

it's a well known fact that heat is a big contributing factor in the shortness of a NiMH cell's life, and anything considered "hot" to the touch is certainly having an effect on the longevity of the battery. i just did a little poking around and see what you're saying about chargers measuring temps.

[quote name='jlarlee']shit I just left my batteries in the charger for 37 hours did I ruin them[/quote]

in the included charger from the originally posted deal? if so, you're okay. just don't make a habit of it. ;)

Three more questions. One that was ? before but not answered.

1) Do I have to open all the batteries now and charge them and make sure to be using them, or can I store them for when the pair I'm using eventually go dead.

2) How many charges do these batteries go through before they eventually die (if charged correctly)?

3) Can I charge 4 batteries with different power levels? Like 2 half dead, and 2 fully dead? Or is it best to just wait til they die?

[quote name='mpj31']Three more questions. One that was ? before but not answered.

1) Do I have to open all the batteries now and charge them and make sure to be using them, or can I store them for when the pair I'm using eventually go dead.

2) How many charges do these batteries go through before they eventually die (if charged correctly)?

3) Can I charge 4 batteries with different power levels? Like 2 half dead, and 2 fully dead? Or is it best to just wait til they die?[/quote]

Charge them all when you get them. If you don't get around to using some of them within like, 6 months, charge them again so they don't self drain too much.

[quote name='donut']This item is finally out of stock.
Any recommendations on another unit either in this site or another?[/quote]
This looks good. Smart charger w/ 4 channels and 12 AA's for less than 30 bucks.

[quote name='Stregone']This looks good. Smart charger w/ 4 channels and 12 AA's for less than 30 bucks.[/quote]

I pulled the trigger one that one.

Word of advice: Look up this stuff from all-battery's Ebay store. Items are about $5 cheaper from there.

I think it means the charger knows when to stop charging in order to prevent overcharging the batteries. This ruins their lifespan.

[quote name='Stregone']This looks good. Smart charger w/ 4 channels and 12 AA's for less than 30 bucks.[/QUOTE]

I think I'm gonna get that and return my Energizer rechargeble pack. :)

How do you know the charger is "smart?"

is it:
# Intelligent microprocessor controlled
# With negative delta V cut-off function
# Temperature sensors to avoid the battery from being damaged by over-heating
# Safety timer controlled

>.>
Where does it imply that it automatically turns off by itself?

Edit: And it looks like I'm way late to the party. Shipping code doesn't work anymore. Boo.

Edit: I looked around and found a new shipping code: independence
That's over 8 bucks off man!

[quote name='strdr4']I think I'm gonna get that and return my Energizer rechargeble pack. :)

How do you know the charger is "smart?"

is it:
# Intelligent microprocessor controlled
# With negative delta V cut-off function
# Temperature sensors to avoid the battery from being damaged by over-heating
# Safety timer controlled

>.>
Where does it imply that it automatically turns off by itself?

Edit: And it looks like I'm way late to the party. Shipping code doesn't work anymore. Boo.

Edit: I looked around and found a new shipping code: independence
That's over 8 bucks off man![/quote]

It is "# With negative delta V cut-off function". While charging a battery's voltage steadily rises, untill it gets full then the voltage dips slightly, which the charger senses and turns off.

[quote name='Stregone']It is "# With negative delta V cut-off function". While charging a battery's voltage steadily rises, untill it gets full then the voltage dips slightly, which the charger senses and turns off.[/QUOTE]

Sweet. got 'em!

bread's done
Back