24 AA NIMH 2300mAh $19.99 w/Charger

mcleanjoel

CAG Veteran
I bought these to fill my 360 wireless controllers. Much less expensive than the battery packs and have 16 left over!

The company gets good reviews on reselleratings.com (over 9 out of 10)

Shipping was $9.25 for me.

Use code holiday06 for FREE shipping.

LINK: http://www.all-battery.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1350

Battery Specs:

AA Size rechargeable Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMH) batteries 2300 mAh
Advanced NiMH technology means twice longer use life per charge than the ordinary rechargeables
Designed for enhanced performance for high drain applications such as digital cameras, CD players, portable audio devices, hand held games, 2way radios, PDAs, and other portable high drain digital electronics
Can be recharged for up to 1000 times, providing big saving by replacing hundreds of throw away AA batteries.
Can be rapidly charged with any quick charger, smart chargers, plug in charger or universal chargers
6months warranty

Charger Specs:

Model: V-2833
Charges 2 or 4 AA & AAA batteries at a time
Charges NiMH or NiCd batteries (separately)
Automatic charging current selection for AA or AAA
Equipped with LED lamp to indicate proper charging

[quote name='coltcannon']Mine have just hit 18hours charging and the lights are still on. Im going to leave them and see if the lights turn off.[/QUOTE]

The lights don't turn off.

I charged my batteries for 15 hours and they have a full charge (according to my Wii Remote and digital camera which I've put them in). We'll see how long they last before I have to recharge them again.

[quote name='gatz']I like Maha / Powerex but coincidentally my Maha charger just died today! I think it might be because I always left the charger plugged in, even when I wasn't using it. But after 3 years of quality conditioning the same batteries still work great. It even reconditioned batteries that a cheaper charger destroyed and brought them back to life.

But I did some research today and I found out about eneloop (http://www.eneloop.info/). According to the manufacturer and Amazon reviews they have a low internal discharge rate, so they have a really long shelf life after charging. My other rechargables self-discharge after about a week or two (annoying if you have them in a device you don't use often, then pick up to find batteries dead.)

The charger and 4 batteries is $24.99 on Amazon but I'm not sure what to get for a $0.01 shipping filler yet. I may just get another Maha charger and a set of eneloop batteries.

Amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/eneloop-Re-Charger-Ready-Rechargeable-Batteries/dp/B000IV0REA/sr=8-1/qid=1165290426/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/104-8610295-8805527?ie=UTF8&s=electronics[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip on the eneloop batteries. Bought the charger with 4 of the 2000mah AA's for $25.

Here is the .99 filler item I used (utility knife refill pack)
knife refill

I found this filler item at
http://www.filleritem.com

I am using them solely for digital cameras. reviews all around are stellar. They are fully charged out of the box, only lose 15% of their charge after 1 year, and 30% after 2 years. Compare this with Zero charge left after one year on normal NimH batteries.

[quote name='BasketCase1080']just picked up 180 dry cells at menards for like 16 bucks after rebate, figure id get more bang for my buck with those...[/QUOTE]

NiMH Rechargeables last 2-4 times longer in high drain devices like Digital Cameras, and can be reused atleast 50 times (most are rated much higher).

24 NiMH x 3 times longer lasting = 72 AA Alkaline Batteries x 50 uses each = 3,600 AA Alkaline Batteries.

So how are you getting more "bang for your buck" ?

[quote name='BasketCase1080']just picked up 180 dry cells at menards for like 16 bucks after rebate, figure id get more bang for my buck with those...[/QUOTE]

NiMH Rechargeables last 2-4 times longer in high drain devices like Digital Cameras, and can be reused atleast 50 times (most are rated much higher).

24 NiMH x 3 times longer lasting = 72 AA Alkaline Batteries x 50 uses each = 3,600 AA Alkaline Batteries.

So how are you getting more "bang for your buck" ?

over 33 hours and lights are still on. that settles that. the manual was 100% correct, and i'm taking these babies off the window sill. they're ready to serve.

[quote name='allyourblood']over 33 hours and lights are still on. that settles that. the manual was 100% correct, and i'm taking these babies off the window sill. they're ready to serve.[/QUOTE]

As I stated previously, I received the 2600 mAh batteries, and they are recommended to be charged 12-19 hours. I started charging mine at 6:30 PM on Friday evening, and I pulled them off the wall at 1:30 PM on Saturday afternoon (19 hrs.). Gonna play with my Wii as much as I can in an effort to use my rechargeables as soon as I can in order to give a thorough examination of the batteries' through-put.

Checked my batteries last night. I also received 2600mah instead of 2300. They must have been short with this sale going on and upgraded the battery for later orders. :)

Just placed another order for the special plus a second 8 battery charger. I like the 8 battery charger alot...especially with the charge time lasting around 8 hours and it's ability to power down once charging has been completed. I was looking to buy only the extra charger for my children's home but thought what the heck...there are so many items in my house and my children's house that it would not hurt to have another 24 batteries. Especially if they upgrade from the listed 2300 to 2600 as they did with my last order. :)

BTW....free shipping is still good with holiday06. With the placement of this second order they gave me a free shipping code good for the next 60 days on my next order.

[quote name='Luckychunk']As I stated previously, I received the 2600 mAh batteries, and they are recommended to be charged 12-19 hours. [/quote]

correct. i ran them longer to dispell any lingering doubts as to whether or not the LED light would go out (despite the manual saying it would).

i'm running a pair in a 360 controller right now. they've been used about 4-6 hours and are still going strong. i think this was a really great purchase.

Should I get the nicer batteries from Amazon that'll last longer, or just go with the 24 pack+charger? I'll only be using 6 of them at a time, effectively giving me 4 sets to use. I'm figuring even if these discharge after a year, I should have four years of batteries... right?

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Should I get the nicer batteries from Amazon that'll last longer, or just go with the 24 pack+charger? I'll only be using 6 of them at a time, effectively giving me 4 sets to use. I'm figuring even if these discharge after a year, I should have four years of batteries... right?[/quote]

that was my opinion. i figure the convenience of 24 batteries vs. 4 batteries is worth the trade-off, and i think if you charge them slow enough and discharge/use them properly, you're going to get a LOT of use out of the set. even if they all crap out in a year and become useless (all 24), that's still what.... pennies a day? i say it worth it to "take a chance" on the Tenergy set and see what results you get. should they fizzle out sooner than is desirable, you can always pick up the eneloops (or whatever) down the road.

[quote name='allyourblood']that was my opinion. i figure the convenience of 24 batteries vs. 4 batteries is worth the trade-off, and i think if you charge them slow enough and discharge/use them properly, you're going to get a LOT of use out of the set. even if they all crap out in a year and become useless (all 24), that's still what.... pennies a day? i say it worth it to "take a chance" on the Tenergy set and see what results you get. should they fizzle out sooner than is desirable, you can always pick up the eneloops (or whatever) down the road.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, you're probably right, not to mention the set'll cost me 5 dollars less which pleases the CAG in me.
Sold'd. Thanks for the reply ALB.

IMO...the 8 battery charger is worth every penny. The $20.00 for the 24AA batteries is a steal in itself minus the crappy charger. The 8 battery charger is under $12.00. If anyone is interested they can still order this with free shipping using the holiday06 code. I have charged two sets of eight batteries(2600 mah). They take about 8 hours to charge and the charger cuts off upon completion. This charger has a selector switch for nimh and nicad. It is nice going to bed and waking up with charged batteries. Not waiting almost two days for 4 batteries to charge. :)

I have no idea when it came to my house. It wasn't there when I went to the mailbox on Saturday afternoon, but it was on my doorstep this morning. Nice.

[quote name='rcavictor1956']It is nice going to bed and waking up with charged batteries. Not waiting almost two days for 4 batteries to charge. :)[/quote]

two days?

more like 19 hours.

[quote name='allyourblood']two days?

more like 19 hours.[/QUOTE]

My bad.....not sure I really meant to say two days. Still...almost a full 24 hour period to charge four batteries is pretty ridiculous. I can charge 16 batteries in less time.

well, for myself, i already have a 2-hr charger and an 8-hr, so it's neither here nor there. the 8-hr charger is probably the best middle-of-the-road solution, in terms of speed of charge and keeping excessive heat to a minimum.

[quote name='allyourblood']well, for myself, i already have a 2-hr charger and an 8-hr, so it's neither here nor there. the 8-hr charger is probably the best middle-of-the-road solution, in terms of speed of charge and keeping excessive heat to a minimum.[/QUOTE]

Agreed....I was happy to see the charger and batteries did not get extremely hot. Just warm..... :)

[quote name='newtype06']mine was shipped last friday and I still haven't received mine. how long usually does it take?[/quote]

umm.. bump

how many days did you guys had to wait? man I hope they didn't screw me up... sent them a mail already asking for a tracking number. hope it works.

[quote name='newtype06']how many days did you guys had to wait? man I hope they didn't screw me up... sent them a mail already asking for a tracking number. hope it works.[/QUOTE]

about a week and a half for me. The tracking # should be in your account once you login to their website.

Can someone tell me exactly what an NIMH battery does? Is there a maximum number of times they can be recharged? Should I get some of the and a recharger or just a play and charge kit for 360 controller?

[quote name='dbmottle']Can someone tell me exactly what an NIMH battery does? Is there a maximum number of times they can be recharged? Should I get some of the and a recharger or just a play and charge kit for 360 controller?[/quote]
an NiMH battery is simply a rechargeable battery. yes, there's a maximum number of charges they can take, but it's well into the hundreds (if not thousands), so you're going to get a lot of use out of NiMH batteries if you take care of them and keep them maintained (which is very easy). the play and charge also has a limited life and eventually it too will cease to function. as far as what you should buy (rechargeables vs. the "play and charge")...

for your 20 dollars (and possibly tax), you'll get 24 batteries and a charger. the charger is of the slow variety, and charging a set of 4 batteries will take you 15-20 hours. however, once charged, you've got a set to pop into your controller, and a spare set standing by. in addition to those, you can charge up more sets and have many batteries ready to use, as you need them. want a faster charge? buy any NiMH charger you like down the road (there are some that can charge your batteries in 15 mins to 2 hrs, but they shorten the life of the batteries over time, so it's up to you).

with a play and charge kit, you get one battery pack and a cable. it takes about 5-6 hours to charge the pack, but since you're charging thru a cable connected to the 360, you'll have uninterrupted play. the downside? you only get one pack (addtional packs are 12 bucks), you can't use it for anything else (like you could with a bunch of AA NiMHs), and from what i hear, people get used to having the cable attached to charge, and tend to leave it connected longer than is necessary, which isn't horrible, but seems like a nuisance to me.

i think there's no contest -- i'm using these AA NiMH batteries in all four of my 360 controllers, 2 wavebirds and 2 Wii remotes... and i've still got 8 batteries left over after that!!! the play and charge doesn't even come close.

[quote name='dbmottle']Can someone tell me exactly what an NIMH battery does? Is there a maximum number of times they can be recharged? Should I get some of the and a recharger or just a play and charge kit for 360 controller?[/quote]

NiMH is short for Nickle Metal Hydride. Its a higher capacity rechargable battery compared to the old NiCD (Nickle-Cadmium) rechargable batteries.

[quote name='Stregone']NiMH is short for Nickle Metal Hydride. Its a higher capacity rechargable battery compared to the old NiCD (Nickle-Cadmium) rechargable batteries.[/quote]

i was gonna add that, but i figured if they didn't know what NiMH was, they wouldn't know NiCD either. thanks! ;)

Ok I went ahead and ordered cuz it seemed like a steal. A final question though which probably sounds stupid, but do I have charge up these batteries when I get them or are they already good to go?

Thanks OP for the deal and MadChedr for the free shipping code and everyone who gave a testimonial. I've been on the fence on these, but I'm finally sold and got an order in.

Even though it's somewhere on the first page, I think I'll PM a mod and see if they can add the free shipping code into the OP.

[quote name='dbmottle']Ok I went ahead and ordered cuz it seemed like a steal. A final question though which probably sounds stupid, but do I have charge up these batteries when I get them or are they already good to go?[/quote]

you'll have to charge them the first time. also, you'll find that over time (like 4-5 charges into usage), you'll start getting more of a charge from them, and they'll begin to last longer. that's normal with NiMH, so if at very first they don't last that long, put them through their paces a few times. but don't worry, they last plenty. i'm up to about 10-15 hours of use from them on my main 360 controller (the one i usually use in single player games) with no end in sight.

[quote name='dbmottle']Thanks allyourblood. Also, can I use any old AA battery charger to charge these or are there special ones for NiMH?[/quote]

i believe a NiCD charger will charge NiMH, but i don't know if the results would be satisfactory, or even very safe. stick with the included charger from the deal, and pick up a cheap quick-charger down the line, if that is indeed what you're looking for.

[quote name='allyourblood']i believe a NiCD charger will charge NiMH, but i don't know if the results would be satisfactory, or even very safe. stick with the included charger from the deal, and pick up a cheap quick-charger down the line, if that is indeed what you're looking for.[/quote]
Its best to use a 'smart' charger. ni-cd batteries are very tough and can take quite a bit of abuse, but ni-mh are rather fragile in comparison. Overcharging (or overdischarging) them can ruin them quickly. Pretty much anything other than a flashlight will cut off before it overdischarges though.

I didn't think anyone knew this much about batteries, lol. I love this site. Anyway, my order must still be in the mail, I can't believe I'm excited about batteries.

Quick question, do I have to use all the batteries at once? Let's say I only use 8 right now, can I leave the rest uncharged until these wear out, or will they go bad after a while?

Anyone who ordered this recently recieve the 2600 mAH batteries instead of the advertised 2300mAH? Not like its a huge difference but it might entice me even more to jump on this deal.

[quote name='x_fiddle']Anyone who ordered this recently recieve the 2600 mAH batteries instead of the advertised 2300mAH? Not like its a huge difference but it might entice me even more to jump on this deal.[/QUOTE]
I got the 2600 mAH. Jump on this deal, it's great.:)

i also got the 2600s, which was a nice surprise. i have a hunch they did that when their 2300 supply ran out, but 2300s are no slouch, so you're good either way.

Free shipping code still works, as of a day or two ago (past the theoretical expiration). I also have a code "tenergy2006" for 8% off. Free shipping generally trumps 6 or 8% though.

Been lurking on this thread for a few days - after getting a few more Wii remotes it is painfully obvious I am short on batteries. After seeing the general positive impressions from all other CAGs who have gotten the batteries I couldn't resist.

Thanks OP!

bread's done
Back