24: Season Six Thread ***Spoilers for Season Finale on the OP***

Episode 4 was the most intense anything I've ever encountered with a TV show/movie/video game.

When Jack shot Curtis, I thought I was going to scream just by the look on Curtis's face. And I never thought they'd actually detonate the nuke! Not with Jack Bauer around at least.

24 deserves all the hype.:applause::applause:

I haven't been looking forward to a season premiere this much since the second season of Lost.

I've only seen the first two episodes so far this season, but it looks like it's off to another promising start.

I am kind of disappointed that they didn't play out the two years or so Jack was in China a bit more. I know they did that short clip/teaser with the DVD release, but I'm surprised that they really didn't use the material and setting the ending to last season offered. Maybe we'll see some flashbacks or something as this season goes on.

[quote name='captainfrizo']I haven't been looking forward to a season premiere this much since the second season of Lost.

I've only seen the first two episodes so far this season, but it looks like it's off to another promising start.

I am kind of disappointed that they didn't play out the two years or so Jack was in China a bit more. I know they did that short clip/teaser with the DVD release, but I'm surprised that they really didn't use the material and setting the ending to last season offered. Maybe we'll see some flashbacks or something as this season goes on.[/QUOTE]

24 doesn't do flashbacks, ever.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']24 doesn't do flashbacks, ever.[/quote]

I swore they almost did one in Episode 3 or 4, I forget, when Curtis mentions China but it never came.

[quote name='assassinX']Man I missed this do you know if they will re-run 24? I dont think they have in the past have they?[/QUOTE]

They don't do rerun on the current season. Don't worry FOX is releasing a DVD on Tuesday with the first 4 episodes of Season 6 for those who missed it.

For those have seen the episode 4 spoiler I have some screen caps for some enjoyment

pdvd007uh0.png

pdvd008cv0.png

[quote name='Quillion']Don't click unless you've seen the leaked episodes! Repeat, do not click unless you've already seen episodes three and four.

Did anyone else guess that they would detonate the nuclear weapon when the team stormed the warehouse? As soon as I saw that there were no name characters I figured that. Jack shooting Curtis came as a huge surprise though. I've already watched the leaked preview for episode five, I'm so hyped.
[/quote]

WFT Episode 5 is out already! :shock: have to track down that baby.

Don't read unless you've seen hour 4:
I was left with my jaw open when Curtis was killed by Jack, and to top it off the nuke was totally unexpected. There's been times where no name characters rush in to pick up someone or do something important without all of them dying so I wasn't fully expecting it, what I don't get is if there's 4 other "visitors" would they have still needed that one dude that died to arm them?.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']WFT Episode 5 is out already! :shock: have to track down that baby.

Don't read unless you've seen hour 4:
I was left with my jaw open when Curtis was killed by Jack, and to top it off the nuke was totally unexpected. There's been times where no name characters rush in to pick up someone or do something important without all of them dying so I wasn't fully expecting it, what I don't get is if there's 4 other "visitors" would they have still needed that one dude that died to arm them?.
[/QUOTE]

HOLY ASSRAPING SHIT!!!!!!

Quick Question for you linkin How do you load your gamercard stats into the gamercard?
I swapped out the gamercard part of the url with my name but i must be missing something.

thanks,
bill123

[quote name='bill123']Quick Question for you linkin How do you load your gamercard stats into the gamercard?
I swapped out the gamercard part of the url with my name but i must be missing something.

thanks,
bill123[/quote]
Code:
http://my.livecard.net/33985/REaP3r666.png
Try using the above link but wrap it in
tags or click on the
insertimage.gif
icon and paste the link. It works ;):

REaP3r666.png

Seems maybe I should make the 24 more transparant. :whistle2:k

Episode 5 Spoiler

Ok, here’s what I got for episode five.

Assad is brought into CTU. He is questioned about his previous contacts and who might be involved with the ongoing terror campaign. He drops the name Demetri, who is an old general in the former Soviet Union. So CTU does a background on Demetri and they discover a connection between the former General and Philip Bauer, Jack’s father. Philip Bauer is involved with a tech company based out of Europe. CTU contacts Jack and asks him about his father. Jack says he has not talked with him in nine years, so he doesn't know anything, but Jack agrees to re-establish contact with his estranged father in hopes of finding a new lead.

Fayed wants to detonate more of the visitors, but just as he did before, he will need another expert who can configure one of those timing device things. So Fayed calls a guy and he says he won’t do it. He’s scared because the nuke went off close-by. After Fayed offers to double the price, the guy makes some calls and is going to help him out and make one.

So it appears that another nuclear attack is imminent. The Russian angle is introduced with the Demetri character, and the Bauer family storyline makes it’s first appearance. So this is just setting up what's to come.

More to come soon

[quote name='H-Town Info']Episode 5 Spoiler

Ok, here’s what I got for episode five.

Assad is brought into CTU. He is questioned about his previous contacts and who might be involved with the ongoing terror campaign. He drops the name Demetri, who is an old general in the former Soviet Union. So CTU does a background on Demetri and they discover a connection between the former General and Philip Bauer, Jack’s father. Philip Bauer is involved with a tech company based out of Europe. CTU contacts Jack and asks him about his father. Jack says he has not talked with him in nine years, so he doesn't know anything, but Jack agrees to re-establish contact with his estranged father in hopes of finding a new lead.

Fayed wants to detonate more of the visitors, but just as he did before, he will need another expert who can configure one of those timing device things. So Fayed calls a guy and he says he won’t do it. He’s scared because the nuke went off close-by. After Fayed offers to double the price, the guy makes some calls and is going to help him out and make one.

So it appears that another nuclear attack is imminent. The Russian angle is introduced with the Demetri character, and the Bauer family storyline makes it’s first appearance. So this is just setting up what's to come.

More to come soon
[/quote]

Couldn't resist reading this. Thanks for the update.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I like the foreigner guy that's working with bauer already... he seems like a good character that will probably eventually show that he's bad.[/quote]

Fix'd I bet.

[quote name='GrimNecroWizard']Fix'd I bet.[/QUOTE]

knowing 24, you could probably throw anything in there... we'll probably find out he's actually a confused dairy farmer!

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']knowing 24, you could probably throw anything in there... we'll probably find out he's actually a confused dairy farmer![/quote]

Lmfao, that's true. But I guarentee there's something more than just him trying to help the US and Jack now. But yeah, anyone who saw Episode 4...That was the craziest thing I have ever seen on TV.

[quote name='GrimNecroWizard']Lmfao, that's true. But I guarentee there's something more than just him trying to help the US and Jack now. But yeah, anyone who saw Episode 4...That was the craziest thing I have ever seen on TV.[/QUOTE]

I look forward to seeing ep 4 tonight with everyone being so "chime"y over it

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I look forward to seeing ep 4 tonight with everyone being so "chime"y over it[/quote]

Oh, it's incredible. Only two and a half hours to go. I might watch my downloads again tonight.

Alright that's it, fuck Jack Bauer, I'm watching the show rooting for the "terrorists", the sooner Jack dies the happier I'll be.

And on MLK Jr Day too... :puke:

EDIT: Woohoo now he'll die of Leukemia!

I think he'll die at the end of the season anyhow. FOX has milked this baby pretty good, although, true or false, are 24's ratings improving? Cuz if they are, they might push it longer. Fox needs more profits.

I bet that guy that was pardoned and then saved by Jack... can't recall the name... ends up being a major part of the terrorist plot. Oooh the double swerve! Then we'll see Jack go nuts as he realizes had he not killed Curtis thousands of lives would've been saved. It's Fox, bank on it.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']I think he'll die at the end of the season anyhow. FOX has milked this baby pretty good, although, true or false, are 24's ratings improving? Cuz if they are, they might push it longer. Fox needs more profits.

I bet that guy that was pardoned and then saved by Jack... can't recall the name... ends up being a major part of the terrorist plot. Oooh the double swerve! Then we'll see Jack go nuts as he realizes had he not killed Curtis thousands of lives would've been saved. It's Fox, bank on it.[/QUOTE]

I am thinking the same... Tony was last season, and now this... poor jack.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']I think he'll die at the end of the season anyhow. FOX has milked this baby pretty good, although, true or false, are 24's ratings improving? Cuz if they are, they might push it longer. Fox needs more profits.

I bet that guy that was pardoned and then saved by Jack... can't recall the name... ends up being a major part of the terrorist plot. Oooh the double swerve! Then we'll see Jack go nuts as he realizes had he not killed Curtis thousands of lives would've been saved. It's Fox, bank on it.[/quote]

have you been living under a rock?...this show is hotter then ever and with plans for a movie there will be at least one more season after this

[quote name='Mondo']I can't believe they killed my boy, how could they :([/QUOTE]

Dude, Tony got shot in the neck at one point and he was up 2 hours later.

[quote name='smalien1']I forget, is the balding secret service agent who played a major part last season still alive?[/QUOTE]

yes but he isn't needed in the story this year.

[quote name='smalien1']I forget, is the balding secret service agent who played a major part last season still alive?[/QUOTE]
Aaron Pierce?? Yeah, I saw on Fox's website that he'll be coming back along with
Martha and Charles Logan.

Wow. Just...wow.

Anyone else think Keifer's performance after
killing Curtis
is gonna win an Emmy? Talk about being seriously DISTRAUGHT!!

Oh yeah, and a big FU to everyone posting spoilers without hiding them, that's not nice at all.

Oh yeah, one other thing I'm wondering is how many more good seasons can the producers seriously expect to get out? By that, I mean there's only so many times they can
set off a nuke, or unleash a biological weapon
without losing the impact, you know?

Same with killing off characters. Even though I know their motto has been "everyone is expendable" (except possibly Jack), and they have said how they like to shock us, it takes time to build up a viewer relationship with major characters, usually several seasons.

I guess I can see MAYBE 3 more seasons, but after that I'd think they'd be pushing it. Some of the stuff is getting pretty easy to spot as it is--as soon as
none of Jack's team went to get Fayed at the warehouse
I thought "uh-oh!" and knew what was going to happen.

[quote name='keithp']Oh yeah, one other thing I'm wondering is how many more good seasons can the producers seriously expect to get out? By that, I mean there's only so many times they can
set off a nuke, or unleash a biological weapon
without losing the impact, you know?

Same with killing off characters. Even though I know their motto has been "no one is expendable" (except possibly Jack), and they have said how they like to shock us, it takes time to build up a viewer relationship with major characters, usually several seasons.

I guess I can see MAYBE 3 more seasons, but after that I'd think they'd be pushing it. Some of the stuff is getting pretty easy to spot as it is--as soon as
none of Jack's team went to get Fayed at the warehouse
I thought "uh-oh!" and knew what was going to happen.[/QUOTE]

I think what you mean to say is "everyone is expendable"

bread's done
Back