24: Season Six Thread ***Spoilers for Season Finale on the OP***

[quote name='David85']How many years have there been between season 1 and this season?[/quote]

Somewhere between five and eight, I think. It varies. There's generally a year or a year and a half between seasons, but I think the duration between 5 and 6 was the shortest yet, clocking in at 6 to 8 months.

One of the things that sucks about 24 is how things were just dropped. I fully expect Logan to be brought up in the season.. but.. (season 6 spoiler)
I really, really, really hate how they wrote off Audrey and Kim for the season by having Jack say "please don't tell Audrey or Kim that i'm back in the US"

[quote name='ryanbph']if you look in this seasons thread with and without spoilers they talk about what happened in the first 4 episodes of the show (2 episodes a night),and they did it rather quickly. Check it out starting on page 4[/quote]

When is it proper to mark spoilers? I always do it when I talk about something major in a game, especially the ending...What about shows and movies? I really don't know what's going on. But I guess what I'm trying to say is like after FF7 was out a bit you wouldn't be all guess who dies and stuff...Is it the same for movies and shows you just forget it after it's been out awhile because if someone wanted to see it they would've by now or what? I hope this doesn't sound sarcastic btw.

no i wasn't sarcstic, like i said previously, imo if the show aired last night you can openly talk about it...some will disagree and I understand there point, espically with tivo/dvr's now. I always post spoiler tags about future episode storylines, and before the spoiler tag I always note that it is a future episode spoiler.

[quote name='Scorch']One of the things that sucks about 24 is how things were just dropped. I fully expect Logan to be brought up in the season.. but.. (season 6 spoiler)
I really, really, really hate how they wrote off Audrey and Kim for the season by having Jack say "please don't tell Audrey or Kim that i'm back in the US"
[/quote]

FUTURE SEASON 6 charcter SPOILER
logan will be back as will mrs logan very soon...aarron pierce will back back, as he is a ss guard at the whitehouse now...audrey I believe is coming back. I know there was a conflict with her new show the 9, but that is on hiatus untill at least may if ever returning. I am pretty sure I have read that she is due back for a small role. I know that logan and his wife have a sizable role

[quote name='Scorch']Somewhere between five and eight, I think. It varies. There's generally a year or a year and a half between seasons, but I think the duration between 5 and 6 was the shortest yet, clocking in at 6 to 8 months.[/QUOTE] there's 2 years between seasons 5 & 6, it was talked about in the S6 premiere

[quote name='Scorch']Somewhere between five and eight, I think. It varies. There's generally a year or a year and a half between seasons, but I think the duration between 5 and 6 was the shortest yet, clocking in at 6 to 8 months.

One of the things that sucks about 24 is how things were just dropped. I fully expect Logan to be brought up in the season.. but.. (season 6 spoiler)
[/QUOTE]

9 years and 2 months altogether b/t season 1 to 6

18 months b/t 1 and 2
3 years b/t 2 and 3
18 months b/t 3 and 4
18 months b/t 4 and 5
20 months b/t 5 and 6

[quote name='anomynous']there's 2 years between seasons 5 & 6, it was talked about in the S6 premiere[/QUOTE]

I remember they said Jack was in the Chinese prison for 18 months.

[quote name='H-Town Info']9 years and 2 months altogether b/t season 1 to 6

18 months b/t 1 and 2
3 years b/t 2 and 3
18 months b/t 3 and 4
18 months b/t 4 and 5
20 months b/t 5 and 6[/quote]

There's two things in this world I'd bet the farm on Azn knowing, 24 and car stereo equipment.

why can't you just start a thread entitled "Question about 24 story *may include spoilers from previous seasons*"??

I really don't get it..quit spoiling shows for other people by putting plot points in the titles..

[quote name='gsr']why can't you just start a thread entitled "Question about 24 story *may include spoilers from previous seasons*"??

I really don't get it..quit spoiling shows for other people by putting plot points in the titles..[/QUOTE]

I hardly think asking "WTF happened to that President" is a spoiler, but there are things in this thread that probably should've been marked. I really don't get why people don't mark spoilers.

Ah yes, it's called being inconsiderate...

And you're right, Demo Man- we don't really need another 24 thread!

[quote name='H-Town Info']9 years and 2 months altogether b/t season 1 to 6

18 months b/t 1 and 2
3 years b/t 2 and 3
18 months b/t 3 and 4
18 months b/t 4 and 5
20 months b/t 5 and 6[/quote]
I know i'm just being techinical but didn't they say that Jack was in the Chinese prison for 2 years. Shouldn't it be 24 months b/t 5 & 6?

Amazing. I heard on the radio this morning that there are all sorts of groups (lots of muslims) freaking out about 24. Understandable, they aren't exactly sparing exactly sparing to the muslims. What caught me off guard was the idiots that are saying they didn't like the show because its depiction of the nuke was TOO REAL and was too shocking for TV. Wow... there must be a lot of fat freaky bitch housewives out there with too much time on their hands. It's a TV show. If you don't like it, don't watch it.

What I'm in an uproar over is no one wanting to use the 24 topic anymore... I'd have put Bauer vs Norris in there, but that'd be unfair to chuck.

[quote name='Mex25']Just looked up 24 on tv.com and it says that its been 20 months since season 5[/QUOTE]

thank you for the source and also buchanan mentioned it in the one of the first episodes.

[quote name='JimmieMac']There's two things in this world I'd bet the farm on Azn knowing, 24 and car stereo equipment.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the complement and also football :D

[quote name='Over easy']I can't wait for tonight's Prison Break and 24![/quote]
Yeah, I'd never thought I'd say this but Monday's are awesome!

Here's my Monday line up possible thanks to DVR:

CBS: How I met your Mother, The Class
FOX: Prison Break, 24
NBC: Heroes

:drool: :bouncy:

[quote name='anomynous']
the guy behind all the attacks from past seasons is Jack's brother. Holy shit.
[/quote] That caught me off guard also. The showdown between Jack and Graham is finally here. I wonder if Graham will actually die this season?

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Jack's brother use to live in Chicago as a surgeon, got his arm cut off, and lived in a world owned by NBC?[/quote]:lol: Crazy twist there. Took 5 seasons to learn that Jack has an extended family.

[quote name='botticus']:lol: Crazy twist there. Took 5 seasons to learn that Jack has an extended family.[/QUOTE]

plus a fine ass sister in law that wants Jack badly.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']plus a fine ass sister in law that wants Jack badly.[/quote]
I have a feeling she and Jack had a fling in the past and maybe thats his son??? I say that because of the way she wanted the son out of the room right away.

[quote name='ace25one']I have a feeling she and Jack had a fling in the past and maybe thats his son??? I say that because of the way she wanted the son out of the room right away.[/QUOTE]

plus he inherited Jack's blonde hair gene.

I've never watched an episode of 24 before, but I tuned in tonight because my parents told me that our city gets nuked.

This show is laughably bad and I can't understand how it has amassed such a following.

$10 says that Josh is Jack's son. I feel sorry for you if you couldn't pick that up from the 25 second staredown they had.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']I've never watched an episode of 24 before, but I tuned in tonight because my parents told me that our city gets nuked.

This show is laughably bad and I can't understand how it has amassed such a following.

$10 says that Josh is Jack's son. I feel sorry for you if you couldn't pick that up from the 25 second staredown they had.[/QUOTE]

you obviously missed the first 4 hours... go out and buy the dvd.

Am I the only one that thought that this week's episode was meh? But I guess after the slam-bang start they had to slow it down a little. Well, a LOT. But still, other than Jack's bro being revealed it really didn't stand up as anything special. Just a set-up episode for later things, and not a very well done one I thought.

[quote name='keithp']Am I the only one that thought that this week's episode was meh? But I guess after the slam-bang start they had to slow it down a little. Well, a LOT. But still, other than Jack's bro being revealed it really didn't stand up as anything special. Just a set-up episode for later things, and not a very well done one I thought.[/QUOTE]

The impact was there, but mainly for people who watched last season... nothing mesmerizing, but impacting in terms of storyline.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']The impact was there, but mainly for people who watched last season... nothing mesmerizing, but impacting in terms of storyline.[/QUOTE]

Well, umm, that would be me.

Initially when I was watching tonight's episode I was thinking "holy crap!" but now the cheese factor is kind of setting in and I really have to wonder why the connection? I mean there was no set up whatsoever until tonight that him and Jack were related so why throw it in there? Pure cheap shock value is my only guess.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Initially when I was watching tonight's episode I was thinking "holy crap!" but now the cheese factor is kind of setting in and I really have to wonder why the connection? I mean there was no set up whatsoever until tonight that him and Jack were related so why throw it in there? Pure cheap shock value is my only guess.[/QUOTE]

See, I had the same reaction. I was like "oh crap! That's his brother?!", but by the last third of the show it just seemed disjointed and thrown in there to me. And then Jack starts torturing him?? C'mon, give me a better reason for that other than Jack needs to know where Dad is!

I just thought it definitely wasn't one of the better written episodes.

[quote name='keithp']See, I had the same reaction. I was like "oh crap! That's his brother?!", but by the last third of the show it just seemed disjointed and thrown in there to me. And then Jack starts torturing him?? C'mon, give me a better reason for that other than Jack needs to know where Dad is!

I just thought it definitely wasn't one of the better written episodes.[/QUOTE]

Nope, all they would have needed to do was land a jumbo jet on the LA freeway and it would take the cake as their worst episode to date. Then again, there was that helicopter that all of a sudden made Jack want to come back.

Seriously, it seems like a lot of time to us cause there was that whole week between episodes but it was exactly 11 minutes after Jack said that he quit because he was so emotionally broken down until he called Billy boy back up and said he was back in and gung ho again. Wow, he sure snapped out of that one quick huh?

Not only that but they did a great job of confirming Curtis was dead... :roll: He deserved a hell of a lot better send off than that. Hell Gael went out like a hero and he was only around for 1 season and they probably had planned to kill him off from the very beginning of the season anyway. I'd argue that Curtis was probably the fan's second favorite character aside from Jack and to kill him off like that was bullshit and totally out of character. When have we seen Curtis EVER lose his professionalism like he did last week? Not one god damn time.

Maybe its time to go back to Heroes cause the more I think about what they've done this season of 24 the more it pisses me off.

[quote name='Metal Boss']the 24 game sucked hard.[/QUOTE]

The gameplay perhaps but I thought the story was awesome. Toward the beginning when CTU is attacked? Definetly has to be the absolute best "attack" on CTU throughout any of the seasons.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']I've never watched an episode of 24 before, but I tuned in tonight because my parents told me that our city gets nuked.

$10 says that Josh is Jack's son. I feel sorry for you if you couldn't pick that up from the 25 second staredown they had.[/QUOTE]

Another worthless post by you...should we be surprised?

And anyone else pick up the wife is the wife on Heroes?

bread's done
Back