3 Select Vita games for $40 + tax Walmart.com

I have UC Golden Abyss and Gravity Rush already, but damn...I hate I missed the deal :/

I would've gladly gotten: Hot Shots Golf, Resistance Burning Skies, and Wipeout...wish they had Rayman Origins on the list as well lol

Last edited by a moderator:
AqJt7.jpg

guess noone noticed the save up to 35 bucks on package

Meaning maybe this was RELEASED TOO EARLY and around thanksgiving we are going to see all of these agmes fall to 20 to 25 each (many already r )

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']this is available in store?[/QUOTE]

YMMV as Wal-Mart doesn't price match their online store. That pissed me off with that whole HP Touchpad madness. Ugh...The only one to find out is to head into the store and ask.

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']i will be all over this but digital is the way to go for me, good deal for hard games collectors tho[/QUOTE]

I agree with you on this. I'm missing out on all these great hard copy game sales but at least I'm playing my Vita much more because I don't have to switch games in and out like I did with the PSP UMD's. Would be nice to take advantage of a crazy sale though.

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']i will be all over this but digital is the way to go for me, good deal for hard games collectors tho[/QUOTE]

[quote name='AoA']I agree with you on this. I'm missing out on all these great hard copy game sales but at least I'm playing my Vita much more because I don't have to switch games in and out like I did with the PSP UMD's. Would be nice to take advantage of a crazy sale though.[/QUOTE]

Just out of curiosity, though, what kinds of deals do you guys get in on for digital Vita sales? I'm relatively new to the Vita scene, so I'd love some tips. :D

[quote name='BigPoeticCanine']Just out of curiosity, though, what kinds of deals do you guys get in on for digital Vita sales? I'm relatively new to the Vita scene, so I'd love some tips. :D[/QUOTE]

I wish I had tips. I have to wait for PSN to have a sale. So far, Hot Shots Golf was on sale and the DLC for Escape Plan was on super sale (25 cents for #1 and 2.50? for #2)
The PSP games DO go on sale though via PSN and you can always buy those for the Vita (if they work, there's a full list somewhere...this maybe http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=316058)

[quote name='BigPoeticCanine']Just out of curiosity, though, what kinds of deals do you guys get in on for digital Vita sales? I'm relatively new to the Vita scene, so I'd love some tips. :D[/QUOTE]

LOL... None. That's why I love and HATE my Vita. All these deals on physical copies, but I don't buy them because I want them digitally (Vita is so good at digital). BUT I don't buy the games digitally either because they are NEVER ON SALE.

In other words, I don't buy any Vita games because of their pricing schemes.

[quote name='Kaiser499']That's why if gaming ever goes digital we won't have hardly anything on sale.[/QUOTE]

Steam would like to disagree.

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']Vita would be better at digital if they let us sort our download list or had a "my stuff" section of the store. Baffles me senseless.[/QUOTE]

I love this complaint, because it's like searching the store isn't good enough for you. You do know anything you own can be downloaded from the store listing, which has a search...

[quote name='admiralvic']I love this complaint, because it's like searching the store isn't good enough for you. You know anything you own can be downloaded from the store listing, which has a search...[/QUOTE]

The complaint wasn't my post but I agree. I have maybe 1000, 1500 items on my list including PS1, PS2, PSP, Vita, PS3, DLC, Minis, Demos, Avatars, who knows what else? I can't even remember what I have, let alone the name of everything and when I got it. Some things I don't even know how are on the list multiple times. Some kind of sort or category would be nice.

[quote name='admiralvic']I love this complaint, because it's like searching the store isn't good enough for you. You do know anything you own can be downloaded from the store listing, which has a search...[/QUOTE]

So I'm punished for owning a lot of stuff? Isn't that counter-intuitive? I keep a list now, but I shouldn't have to do that. Why should I search the store for stuff I already own? You're saying my complaint makes no sense, but your refutal of my complaint makes no sense to me. :) Guess I'm just spoiled by and used to Steam. Still think it's ludicrous though. It does not encourage me to buy more.

i want to see what they did in japan where you could go into a store with a blank cart

download games to it beat those games delete them in store and redowload new ones

[quote name='admiralvic']I love this complaint, because it's like searching the store isn't good enough for you. You do know anything you own can be downloaded from the store listing, which has a search...[/QUOTE]

That only works if you're looking for something specific. What if I want to download all my PS1 classics? Then, I have three options: Your suggestion of keeping a running list and then search for each one, browsing through my entire 1,300 item list, or I guess the slightly faster method of browsing through each PS1 game available at the store to see which one I own. Then I can repeat the process for PSP games, Minis, etc.

i love when I search for all the dlc that you can't buy that comes in code form, and it doesn't appear because its not in the store, just somewhere in the 1500 downloads.

@ Jesse:

Perhaps we all have different needs. I always know what I want, so the store doesn't bother me. I personally have over 1,000 items myself and this has never once got on my nerves.

@ Gettin

This is true, though how many times do you just wake up and say "I want to download all my PS1 classics"? I like to believe most people have an idea of what they want. I am not discounting that a feature like that might help a finite few, but I still believe searching the store is a viable solution.

@ The Enemy

Lets save you have 400 DLC items, since a lot of people love to download anything thats free... are we going to complain there isn't a per game filter or unique game filter?

[quote name='admiralvic']@ Jesse:

Perhaps we all have different needs. I always know what I want, so the store doesn't bother me. I personally have over 1,000 items myself and this has never once got on my nerves.

@ Gettin

This is true, though how many times do you just wake up and say "I want to download all my PS1 classics"? I like to believe most people have an idea of what they want. I am not discounting that a feature like that might help a finite few, but I still believe searching the store is a viable solution.

@ The Enemy

Lets save you have 400 DLC items, since a lot of people love to download anything thats free... are we going to complain there isn't a per game filter or unique game filter?[/QUOTE]

It's not about needing to do it every day, it's about when you do need to do it. New PS3 hard drive, new Vita memory stick, new systems, etc.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']It's not about needing to do it every day, it's about when you do need to do it. New PS3 hard drive, new Vita memory stick, new systems, etc.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, I've been with PS+ since it came out so my list is extremely long. It doesn't help that all of the PS+ content moves up the list each time your subscription renews.

It doesn't even need to be very complex, have PS3, PS2, PS1, PSP, Vita, Mini, DLC as the selectable category. Then just allow the list to be sorted alphabetically.

The store on the Vita works great and I love how your able to select a category in it. I'm just sad, though not surprised they didn't copy this over the download list. The most simple thing they could have done was have a option to only show content that works on the Vita, and they even missed that.

Sony really needs to hire some interface people. They are missing so many little things that would make things work better. Like having the category folders on the PS3 be sortable alphabetically, or by the last time you played one of the games.

Just a heads up for those who are so big into digital versions of Vita games, something to take into account.

This does NOT apply to PS1 or PSP games, I am unsure about Mini games, but I assume it does not apply to them, just Vita games. Vita game saves are saved on the "bubble" icon OR on the cart itself. If the Vita game has an update it is added to the "bubble" as well. Also, if you install the Vita game from the PSN store it is also part of the "bubble". I say all this because as of now there is no sure fire method that I have been able to find to pack up JUST the game saves you have.

You can back up individual Vita games, but this will back up EVERYTHING associated with the game (updates, DLC, save, and the game itself). As such if ever want to back up just the saves it is pretty much impossible right now.

I truly hope Sony fixes this and adds an option to just back up game saves even if they need to be encrypted so people do not mess with them.

I got a free GT5 car code a year or so ago, but didn't have gt5. Finding that car took probably 7 minutes, and I got lucky I didn't miss it while scrolling.

some days my DL list bugs up and every item has the same date on it, and they are not in the same order I downloaded them, but a random order. That is never fun.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Just a heads up for those who are so big into digital versions of Vita games, something to take into account.

This does NOT apply to PS1 or PSP games, I am unsure about Mini games, but I assume it does not apply to them, just Vita games. Vita game saves are saved on the "bubble" icon OR on the cart itself. If the Vita game has an update it is added to the "bubble" as well. Also, if you install the Vita game from the PSN store it is also part of the "bubble". I say all this because as of now there is no sure fire method that I have been able to find to pack up JUST the game saves you have.

You can back up individual Vita games, but this will back up EVERYTHING associated with the game (updates, DLC, save, and the game itself). As such if ever want to back up just the saves it is pretty much impossible right now.

I truly hope Sony fixes this and adds an option to just back up game saves even if they need to be encrypted so people do not mess with them.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure it applies to everything, and yeah, I gotta say it's kinda dumb. I'm assuming there was some sort of reasoning behind that decision.

Can someone move this thread to the DEAD section. Its annoying to see this thread continusly bumped and every time I think the deal is active again. Its been dead for at least a full day now.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Just a heads up for those who are so big into digital versions of Vita games, something to take into account.

I truly hope Sony fixes this and adds an option to just back up game saves even if they need to be encrypted so people do not mess with them.[/QUOTE]

Cloud saves for vita will purportedly backup only the save, so a mechanism at least exists somewhere behind the scenes.

[quote name='finsfan0210']Can someone move this thread to the DEAD section. Its annoying to see this thread continusly bumped and every time I think the deal is active again. Its been dead for at least a full day now.[/QUOTE]

How is the deal dead? The title and deal clearly states "3 select vita games" just because the games worth having are OOS doesn't mean the deal is dead.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I'm pretty sure it applies to everything, and yeah, I gotta say it's kinda dumb. I'm assuming there was some sort of reasoning behind that decision.[/QUOTE]

I know it doesn't apply for the games that worked on the PSP (PS1, PSP, and maybe Minis) because those saves can be transferred to and from the Vita via a PS3 and the Content Manager app without touching any of the other data on the card. The only reason I can think of is getting ahold of a save and modifying it/finding an exploite that will allow homebrew to run on the Vita, just like the PSP.

[quote name='handsomepete']Cloud saves for vita will purportedly backup only the save, so a mechanism at least exists somewhere behind the scenes.[/QUOTE]

Which I assume will only be for PS+. They really need to give normal members some free storage. Since they upgraded PS+ to 1GB it would be nice if normal members got the 150MB.

[quote name='BigPoeticCanine']Absolutely no luck getting this price matched at BB or at Walmart. :([/QUOTE]

No good for me either :\

I tried in store to get this price matched, and to be expected, a no go for me as well. :whistle2:(
I only would've wanted Gravity Rush, Uncharted, and Hot Shots Golf.

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']Any chance stock will come back?[/QUOTE]

I certainly think it's possible. I was looking at another bundle, specifically the 4 for $20 PSP games bundle. It had LittleBigPlanet, then it went out of stock, now it's back again. I think there's a strong possibility it will return. Or at least I hope.

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']Any chance stock will come back?[/QUOTE]

i say no yes the psp did come back (some , star oceans never did)

but i still sayno

Maybe I am mistaken but it looks like Wipeout is back in stock for bundle. I thought it was OOS when I checked this morning... Keeping an eye out for more like GR or Resistance

[quote name='mrwiseguy85']Maybe I am mistaken but it looks like Wipeout is back in stock for bundle. I thought it was OOS when I checked this morning... Keeping an eye out for more like GR or Resistance[/QUOTE]

You are absolutely right sir. I'm going to keep my eye out as well. :bouncy:

Nice that Wipeout is back..now, if only one of the following would come back; Unit 13, Uncharted or Gravity Rush...I'll take any of those 3, plus Wipeout, plus Hot Shots Golf.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Regret getting MLB 12 - should have just got an extra copy of gravity rush for 20 bucks credit at best buy[/QUOTE]

mlb 12 is one if not the best game on the vita right now if you dont mind the bugs

bread's done
Back